我们这是在干什么
What it’s all about now? Huh?
我们在拍摄一部关于比尔的纪录片
We’re making a documentary about Bill.
-关于他的纪录片 -是的
-Oh, a documentary on him? -Yes.
关于什么的
Oh. What about it?
你希望我讲一些关于比尔的什么事
What do you want me say about Bill?
最好的时装秀一定是来自大街上
The best fashion show is definitely on the street.
一直是这样 也将一直这样下去
Always has been and always will be.
我总是期待与那些时装不期而遇
It never occurred to me that I’m just waiting.
你总希望能看见…
It’s always the hope that you’ll see…
奇妙的 有异域风情的服装
some marvelous, exotic bird of paradise,
或是一位优雅的 让人惊艳的女士
meaning a very elegant, stunning woman,
或是一个穿着很不寻常的人
or someone wearing something terrific.
我的以为朋友史蒂文·欧 打电♥话♥到我家里
A friend of mine, Steven O., called me at home,
他说 “帕特里克 《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》登了17张
and he said, “Patrick, there’s 17 pictures of you…
你的照片”
in the New York Times.”
在这件事之后的几周 我有些飘飘然的感觉…
I was walking on a cloud for weeks after that.
不过我还是原来那个自己
I still am.
我还是坚持自己这种风格的穿着
I’m still on my dandy cloud.

Oh, my God.
看这双鞋…这鞋跟…
Look at… Look at the shoes. See the heels?
是不是很棒
Isn’t that wonderful?
通常报纸上的热点都是些新闻
You have to be able to give the reader… in a flash on Sunday…
你必须在每周日给读者带来一些亮点
news and excitement about what it was.
他有两个专栏
You know, he has two columns.
其中一个是关于
One of them which is about…
一些关于纽约生活的文章
a documentation of New York life,
比如说 出租车司机的生活
in terms of the drivers of its social
慈善界的故事 与政♥治♥有关的故事
and philanthropic world, political world,
而另一个 就是这个正在成为一种潮流趋势的栏目
and this other, which is really an attempt to tease out trends…
记录下人们是如何打扮自己的
in terms of the reality of how people dress.
结合这两个方面来看 我觉得他确实最有发言权
By covering those two aspects, I think he really does address…
在我们所认识的”纽约客”中
the whole spectrum of what we are as New Yorkers,
我相信他确实是最有发言权的一个
and I believe he’s the only one who does it.
我从不刻意去选择什么 是这些街拍自己找上门来的
See, I don’t decide anything. I let the street speak to me.
为了和这些衣服不期而遇
In order for the street to speak to you,
你必须要待在外面 等着看他们是什么样子
you’ve got to stay out there and see what it is.
你不能仅仅在脑海中想象
You just don’t manufacture in your head…
那条长度到膝盖的短裙很好看
that skirts at the knee are the thing.
然后你就该走到街上去拍那些穿着到膝短裙的人们
Then you go out and photograph people with skirts at the knee.
你必须待在街上 知道遇见那些感觉对了的衣服
You’ve got to stay on the street and let the street tell you what it is.
相信我 这件事没有其他的捷径
There’s no shortcuts. Believe me.
天 我不知道该选哪张
Oh, my goodness. I don’t know where to stop or start.
这真糟糕
This is terrible.
你什么时候截稿
What’s your deadline?
你可以…帮我个大忙
You could… You could really be a great help to me.
干吗
What?
把这些拿出来 约翰
Take these out like this, John.
好的 就这样
Okay. Make it easy.
帮他们都这样放 这真是帮了我个大忙
And keep them like this, and it would help me.
-把它们放在这儿 -好的
-Put ’em in here. -Okay.
我并不想叫你帮忙…不想指使你
I hate to ask you. I don’t mean to use you…
或是”虐待”你 不过这真是帮了我个忙
or misuse you, but it would be helpful.
今天是星期四
Today is Thursday.
你通常什么时候交稿
When do you usually know when your page…
-我正在弄 -正在弄 明白了
-Right now. -Right now. I see.
-是的 这就要完成了 -是的
-Yeah, it should be done. -I see.
我们还没扫描
We haven’t even got ’em scanned.
你知道你的照片将被放在哪页么 你这期的”街拍”页
Do you know what your page is yet? Your “On the Street” page?
会是什么样的
Do you know what it’s going to be?
这期大概是关于…腿和鞋子
It’s going to be, uh, all on legs and shoes.
那不错
Oh, those are nice.
现在这个不错
Now that’s a good one.
我觉得我们最好选上这张
I guess we’d better do it.
你要打电♥话♥给你刚刚让我去的那家店…
You’re gonna call that store you want me to run down to…
-去取你的照片 -是的
-to go get your film? -Yeah.
你好
Oh, hello there.
我是刚刚那个骑自行车过来的人
Uh, this is the guy that comes on a bicycle.
我有些照片放在你们那里洗
You’re developing some film for me.
是这样 我有些着急
Yeah. Uh, listen, I’m in… kind of running,
我有位朋友要过去帮我把照片取回来
and a friend of mine was gonna come and pick it up.
约翰
John.
他是个高个子 留着长头发
He’s a tall fella, and he has long hair.
你记住了 好的
You know. Okay.
好 就这样
All right.
我去把照片取回来
I’ll go get it.
那有两张今早拍的鞋子的照片
There’s a couple of pictures on there of shoes from this morning.
好的 所以我们今天需要这些照片
All right. So, we need that for today.
我很快就要用到这组照片
And I’ll quickly get on this.
好的 我会尽快把它们取回来
Okay. I’ll be right back with it.
等一下…来快速浏览下这些照片
Wait a minute. Come on. Let’s get snappin’ and crackin’.
静止的 静止的…这张好一点
See, static, static. Getting a little better.
这时起风了
Then when the wind blows a bit…
这真有趣
Oh, isn’t that fun.
看 这是下雨的那瞬间
Oh, you see, the minute you get in the rain…
下雨的时候 那真是个完全不同的场景
When it rains, it’s a whole different scene.
如果有暴风雪 那真是太棒了
Or when there’s a blizzard is the best time.
下雪的时候 人们忘了你的存在
Things happen. People forget about you.
如果他们看见我 完全不把我当回事
If they see you, they don’t go putting on airs.
他们就是最原本的样子
They’re the way they are,
他们就穿着你拍他们时最自然的装束
and if they happen to be wearing what you’re photographing,
那真是绝佳的拍照机会
then you’re in business.
他抓拍了我一张雨天里调过水坑的照片
He’s caught me on a rainy day jumping puddles,
和我在阿维顿的照片中一样的动作
the same way I did for Avedon,
但这次
but…
不用那么痛苦地摆姿势
It was much less painful…
比尔给我拍照时
when Bill photographed me,
给人的感觉更加自然
and much more natural.
他抓拍到我过马路时的照片…
He catches you crossing a street…
穿着靴子 蓝色的牛仔裤 还有这个
with boots and blue jeans and this,
他对抓拍到这张照片感到非常高兴
and he’s so happy,
他比照片中的人开心多了
and he’s much happier when you’re in this…
照片里的人看起来都有些糟糕和混乱
looking terrible and ratty, than he is…
但他总能发现你衣着的绝妙和优雅之处
if he saw you in something incredibly elegant and smart.
这些是我的雨衣 都很便宜
That’s my poncho. They’re so cheap…
穿一两次 可能就会坏
that you wear them once or twice, and then they start tearing.
脖子这儿很快就穿坏了
First at the neck, immediately.
为什么还买♥♥新的 它还是会坏的
Well, why buy a new one? It’s only gonna tear anyway.
可以趁这空档来修补旧雨衣
So you repair the old one.
哎 纽约人的生活有时候就是那么奢侈浪费
Damn you, New Yorkers. You’re all so extravagant and wasteful.
不过我不是那么在意这个
But I don’t believe in one wear.
一段小胶带 这雨衣就又能穿了
So a little tape. And we’re back in business.
别人可能觉得这种穿着很尴尬
I know this embarrasses everyone.
不过我不在乎
It doesn’t embarrass me.
我觉得大家都知道比尔
I think everyone that knows Bill…
理解他做的事 他的作品代表着什么
and understands who he is and what he represents…
而且如果被比尔拍照了 一定会感到很高兴
will always be thrilled to be photographed by Bill.
我的意思是 我以前大概这么说过…我们都会为了
I mean, I’ve said many times that we all
能被比尔拍到特意在上街前打扮自已一下
get dressed for Bill.
安娜 安娜
Anna! Anna!
安娜 请看这儿好么
Anna, right here, please?
安娜 看这儿 你能停一下么
Anna, right here. Can you stop for a moment?
-她为你停了一下 -她为比尔停了一下
-She stopped for you. -She stopped for Bill.
他把给我拍的照片大概都排了序…
He’s sort of been documenting me for…
我小时候 19 20岁的时候
Since I was a kid, like in my… 19, 20 years old,
安娜·温图尔是美版《Vogue》主编 电影《穿普拉达的女魔头》原型
这里抓拍一张 那里抓拍一张
and it’s one snap, two snaps,
这里抓拍一张 那里抓拍一张
and it’s one snap, two snaps,
如果他不再拍我了 那就糟糕了
or he ignores you, which is death, you know?
不过他一直还在拍 他总有些独特的视角
But he’s always doing it because he has a point of view.
他基本每次见到我都会给我拍照
He’d take my picture whenever he saw me.
有些照片被登入《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》 但大部分并没有

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!