如何做出如此疯狂的行为
各岗位注意,林哈警官…
布金警官
请来行政办公室一趟
各岗位请注意,莱特警官
请给行政部去电♥话♥
What happens now? They wait to die.
然后呢? 他们等行刑日
I wonder how many others are waiting in other prisons?
不知其他监狱里还有多少人在等行刑
About 200.
大约二百名
派瑞和迪克在”安全与隔离”大楼
开始等待他们的行刑日
二楼是死囚的牢房♥
透过窗户可以看见棒球的内野场地
外野场地外,在围墙的另一边
有一个锡制屋顶的老旧仓库
This warehouse got a name?
那个仓库有名字吗?
In this prison, it’s called “The Corner.”
监狱里大家都叫那里为”死角
On hanging day, the men say,”He’s gone to ‘The Corner’.”
绞刑日来时,人们就会说”他要到死角去了”
Perry and Dick have a date at “The Corner.”
派瑞和迪克也会有到”死角”的一天
One minute after midnight.May, Friday 13.
五月十三号♥星期五零点零一分
根据法医界的一位老手…
…他们不可能独自一人办到此事
但是两人合干,就会衍生第三种个性
就是这种个性所为
Hey, Andy!
嗨,安迪!
Does it tell anywhere in them books what happens when you make the drop?
书里头有没有写说当你被绞死时会发生什么事?
Well, your neck breaks…
你的脖子会断掉
…and you crap your pants.
还有你会大小便在裤子里
The trouble with you, Andy,you got no respect for human life…
安迪,你的问题是你一点也不尊重人命
…not even your own.
…连你自己的也一样
十三号♥星期五审判日来了又走
但没有人去”死角
按惯例,派瑞和迪克请求上诉
按惯例,他们获得死刑延缓
按惯例,死刑的法律程序通常都会拖个一年或是更久
死牢也有自己的常规和惯例
洗澡,一次一人,一周一次
刮胡子,一周两次
警卫会锁住刮胡刀片
安全第一
没有收音机,没有电影,没有电视
没有纸牌,没有游戏,没有运动
没有镜子,没有瓶子,也没有眼镜
没有刀子,没有叉子
不准自杀
他们只能吃、睡
写字、读书、思考、做梦
如果想的话,他们也可以祈祷
但大部份时间里,他们只是等待
The guy in the next cell, Andy.He’s been waiting two years.
隔壁的那个家伙,安迪他已经等了二年
Newspapers call him”The nicest boy in Kansas.”
报纸上称他为”堪萨斯最好的男孩”
One night he killed his sister.
一个晚上他杀了自己的姊姊
Then he shot his mother six times and his father seventeen times.
随后他对他的母亲开了六枪对他的父亲开了十七枪
Andy’s a nut, but I like him.
安迪是个疯子,但我喜欢他
Hey, Andy. Say hello to Mr. Jensen.
嗨,安迪,跟詹森先生打声招呼吧
He’s writing the story of my life.
他在写我的传记
Why?
为什么
I told you he was a nut.
我告诉过你,他是个疯子
Ronnie, Jim, meet Mr. Jensen.
罗尼、吉姆,跟詹森先生打声招呼吧
They knocked off seven. Strangers.
他们杀了七个陌生人
Ronnie said they was better off dead.
罗尼说他们该死
What about Perry? Don’t you get along?
那派瑞呢?你和他不再是朋友了吗?
Nobody can get along with him.
没人可以和他相处
There’s five guys waiting here for the big swing.
在这有五个人等着被吊死
Little Perry’s the only one yapping against capital punishment.
小派瑞是唯一仍对死刑有意见的人
Don’t tell me you’re for it?
别跟我说你赞成死刑?
Hell, hanging’s only getting revenge.
绞刑不过就是要报仇
What’s wrong with revenge?
报仇又有什么不对?
I’ve been revenging myself all my life.
我一生都在替自己报仇
Sure. I’m for hanging.
当然,我是赞成绞刑的
being hanged.
只要不是我被吊死
See you.
再见
Thanks for the magazines.
谢谢你的杂♥志♥
Jim, you think that looks like Willie Jay?
吉姆,你认为他看起来像威利杰吗?
The way you see him, yes.
你看他的样子,是的
That day at the bus station,when I phoned you.
那天在巴士站,当我跟你通电♥话♥时
If Willie Jay and I had connected,none of this would of happened.
如果威利杰和我通上电♥话♥ 所有这一切就不会发生了
Maybe, if you hadn’t come back to Kansas. Maybe!
也许,如果你没回堪萨斯来的话 也许!
If they’d had a head-doctor here during my first stretch…
假如在我第一次发作时他们那有位精神科医生…
…he would’ve known I had a bomb ticking inside of me.
他就会知道我身上有颗定时炸♥弹♥
He would’ve known I wasn’t ready for parole.
他就会知道我是不该被假释的
You knew. Yeah.
你早知道
Why didn’t you tell me?
你为何不告诉我?
Then I wouldn’t have gotten my parole,would I, Reverend?
那么我就不可能被假释了会吗,牧师?
十一月的某个晚上,刚过午夜
死囚之一去了”死角
其他人看着他穿过棒球内野走向绞刑台
那是安迪
”堪萨斯最好的男孩”
他们听得到行刑时的声音
就不停地看着等着,长达十九分钟·
直到安迪的心脏停止跳动
对于安迪而言,等待终于结束
派瑞和迪克等了五年
他们的案子三次提交美国最高法♥院♥
My God! That harness!
天啊!那刑具
Richard, this is a warrant from the Supreme Court of the State of Kansas.
理查,这是堪萨斯州最高法♥院♥的授权书
“Whereas, it was by this court ordered…
”监此,兹由本院下令·‘
“…that execution of the sentence of death by hanging of Richard Eugene Hickock…
”执行理查尤金希考的死刑判决
“…imposed by the District Court of Finney County, Kansas…
”经由堪萨斯州分纳郡之地方法庭
“…be carried out on Wednesday,April 14, 1965.
”于一九六五年四月十四日星期三行刑…
“Commanding the warden of the Kansas State Penitentiary…
”授权堪萨斯州监狱长·‘
“…to carry the sentence into execution.”
”执行死刑判决”
Where’s Smith?
史密斯在哪里
“Yea, let none that wait for thee be ashamed.
”别让任何等待你的人为你羞愧
“Let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
”让那无来由的罪恶感到羞愧
“Show me thy ways, O Lord,teach me thy paths.
”主啊,请指引我个道路教导我该走的路
“Lead me in thy truth, and teach me,for thou art the God…”
”用你的真理领导我,教导我因您是上帝…”
I gotta go to the toilet.
我得上一下厕所
We can’t remove the harness.There might not be time.
我们不能移开刑具:没有时间了
Please.
拜托
Try to control yourself.
试着控制自己
But that’s it.
正因如此
When you hit the end of the rope your muscles lose control.
当你受刑时,你的肌肉就会失去控制
I’m afraid I’ll mess myself.
我怕,我会弄脏自己
It’s nothing to be ashamed of.They all do it.
没什么好丢脸的,他们都是这样的
For God’s sake, man!
就看在上帝的面子上吧!
“This is to command you, the warden of the Kansas State Penitentiary…
”这是授权给你,堪萨斯州监狱长
“…that on Wednesday, April 14, 1965…
”于一九六五年四月十四日星期
“…between the hours of 12:01 a.m.And 2:00 a. M…”
”于凌点零一分至凌晨二点间
Is he the…
他是
How much does he get paid to hang them?
付了多少钱给他去吊死他们?
$300 a man.
一个人三百美元
Has he got a name?
他有名字吗?
“We, the people.”
”我们都是人♥民♥”
“…for the State of Kansas.”
”…替堪萨斯州做事的人♥民♥
Anything you want to say?
你有什么话要说吗?
Just that I hold no hard feelings.
只想说我不会憎恨任何人
You’re sending me to a better world than this ever was.
你们只是送我去一个比这里更好的世界
Nice to see you.
遇见你们真好
Jim, Thoreau…
吉姆,索罗
…on man and nature.
撰写入与天性
It’s yours if you want it.
假如你想要的话就拿去吧
Dick gone?
他走了吗
Is his heart still beating?
他还有心跳吗?
What time is it? Take it easy, kid.
现在几点了?放轻松点,小子
Would you like me to write your father?
你想我把你父亲也写出来吗?
I could send him one of your paintings.
我可以寄一幅你的画给他
Or maybe your Bronze Star.
或是你的青铜勋章
Send him my treasure maps.
把藏宝图寄给他
Maybe now he’ll get lucky.
也许他会幸运些
The Lone Wolf.
孤独的一匹狼
You know, there was a time once when we almost had it made.
你知道,曾有一次我们差点就成功
Just the two of us.
只有我们两个
He was in a fever about some new project up in Alaska.
他狂热地想在阿♥拉♥斯加搞新项目
A hunting lodge for tourists.
建狩猎小屋,供游客用
It was gonna make us a fortune better than a gold mine.
那比金矿还有可能让我们发财
But most of all, it was gonna be something we never had before:
最重要的是,那是我们从未拥有过的
A real home.
一个真正的家
We got it built, too.
我们也把它建了起来
Just him and me, side by side.
就只有他和我,齐心协力
The day the roof was finished,he danced all over it.
屋顶盖好那天,他乐得手舞足蹈
I never was so happy in all my life.
我一生中从未如此快乐过

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!