But then I cannot imagine where in the world the three of you would look at home.
但在这世上 你们视何处为家?
We’re not lost. We’re on our way to Delhi.
我们没迷路 要去德里
This is Miss Scott.
这是丝葛小姐
This is Mr. Round. Short Round.
这是豆钉 小豆钉
My name is Indiana Jones.
我叫印第安纳琼斯
Dr. Jones, the eminent archaeologist?
琼斯博士 著名的考古学家?
Hard to believe, isn’t it?
难以相信吧?
I remember first hearing your name when I was up at Oxford.
我在牛津初闻你的大名
I’m Chattar Lal, Prime Minister to His Highness, the Maharaja of Pankot.
我是查达拉尔 彭高王公的首相
Enchanted. Thank you very much.
幸会 谢谢
Welcome to Pankot Palace!
欢迎来到彭高皇宫
Enchanted, huh?
幸会?
Shorty, where’s my razor?
豆钉 我的剃刀呢?
We are fortunate tonight to have so many unexpected visitors.
很高兴今晚来了多位稀客
This is Captain…
这是上尉…
…Blumburtt. 11th Poona Rifles.
庞拔 浦那步♥枪♥队
And you, sir, are Dr. Jones, I presume. I am, Captain.
你该是琼斯博士了 没错
Captain Blumburtt and his troops are on a routine inspection tour.
上尉的部队来作例行检查
The British find it amusing to inspect us at their convenience.
英军喜欢随时来监察
I do hope, sir, that it’s not, uh, inconvenient to you, uh… sir.
倒希望没为你带来不便 首相
The British worry so about their empire.
英国很关心其帝国
Makes us all feel like well-cared-for children.
让我们觉得是受宠爱的孩子
you look beautiful.
你明艳照人
I think the maharaja is swimming in loot.
王公财雄势大
Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea coming here after all.
也许来这儿也不是那么糟糕
You look like a princess.
你活像一个皇妃
Mr. Lal, what do they call the maharaja’s wife?
拉尔先生 王公的老婆叫什么?
His Highness has not yet taken a wife.
陛下还没成亲
How interesting. maybe it’s because he hasn’t found the right woman.
有趣 也许他还没找到意中人
His Supreme Highness, guardian of Pankot tradition,
有请陛下 彭高传统的守护者
the Maharaja of Pankot,
彭高王公
Zalim Singh.
沙林辛
That’s the maharaja? A kid?!
他就是王公? 一个小孩?
Maybe he like older women.
也许他喜欢老女人
Captain Blumburtt was just telling me something of the interesting history of the palace…
庞拔上尉告诉我皇宫的历史
the importance it played in the mutiny.
还有它在叛乱时期的重要性
It seems the British never forget the Mutiny of 1857.
看来英国无法忘记1857年的叛乱
Yes, well, you know, I think there are other events before the mutiny,
我认为叛乱前的一些事件…
going back a century, back to the time of Clive… that are more interesting.
一百多年前的克莱夫时代更有趣
And what events are those, Dr. Jones?
哪些事件?
Well, if memory serves me correctly, this area, this province,
若我没记错 这个地区
was the center of activity for the Thuggee.
曾盛行邪教
Snake… Surprise. What’s the surprise?
是大蛇宝盆 有什么宝?
the Thuggee cult has been dead for nearly a century.
邪教的歪风已灭绝近百年
The Thuggee was an obscenity that worshipped Kali with human sacrifices.
那些坏蛋祭拜卡莉 以人祭神
The British Army nicely did away with them.
英军已把他们铲除
Well, I suppose stories of the Thuggee die hard.
我看邪教的故事难以失传
There are no stories anymore.
没有这种事发生了
I’m not so sure. We came from a small village.
这个说不得准 我们来自小村落
The peasants there told us Pankot Palace was growing powerful again because of some ancient evil.
农民说彭高因有邪魔之力而大盛
Village stories, Dr. Jones. They’re just fear and folklore.
那都是骇人听闻的民间传说
You’re beginning to worry Captain Blumburtt.
你令庞拔上尉担心起来了
I’m not worried, Mr. Prime Minister, just, uh… interested.
没这回事…我只是觉得有趣
What? You are not eating? I had bugs for lunch.
你不吃东西? 午餐吃过甲虫
Give me your hat.
给我帽子
Why? ‘Cause I’m gonna puke in it. Oh!
为什么? 因为我想呕吐
You know, the villagers also told us Pankot Palace had taken something.
村民说彭高的人拿走一些东西
Dr. Jones, in our country, it’s not usual for a guest to insult his host.
在本国 很少有宾客侮辱主人家
I’m sorry. I thought we were talking about folklore.
抱歉 还以为我们在谈民间传说
Excuse me, sir, do you have anything simple, like soup?
请问有没有简单点的 例如汤?
What exactly was it they say was stolen?
他们到底有什么东西被拿走?
A sacred rock.
一块圣石
You see, Captain, a rock!
听见吗? 上尉 一块石头
Something connected the villagers’ rock
那块圣石
and the old legend of the Sankara Stones.
跟商羯罗传说有关
Dr. Jones, we are all vulnerable to vicious rumors.
大家都明白人言可畏的道理
I seem to remember that in Honduras you were accused of being a grave robber rather than an archaeologist.
我记得洪都拉斯曾指你是盗墓者
Well, the newspapers greatly exaggerated the incident.
报章把事情夸张渲染了
And wasn’t it the Sultan of Madagascar
马达加斯加国王
who threatened to cut your head off if you ever returned to his country?
不是说要斩你头吗?
No, it wasn’t my head. Then your hands, perhaps.
不是斩头 那是斩手吧?
No, it wasn’t my hands, it was my…
也不是斩手 是我…
my misunderstanding. Exactly what we have here, Dr. Jones.
是一场误会 现在正是如此
I have heard the evil stories of the Thuggee cult.
我对邪教的恶行有所闻
I thought the stories were told to frighten children.
我还以为那只是吓唬小孩之说
Later, I learnt the Thuggee cult was once real
后来我发现曾经真有其事
and did of unspeakable things.
他们作恶多端
I am ashamed of what happened here so many years ago,
我以这一段历史为耻
and I assure you this will never happen again in my kingdom.
也向你保证本国不会再有此歪风
If I offended you… then I am sorry.
我出言冒犯了陛下? 对不起
Ah, dessert!
甜品
Chilled monkey brains.
冰冻猴子脑
Uh, I think I’ll just check on Willie.
我先去看看威莉
That’s all you better do.
你该这么做
Tell me later what happened. Amscray.
然后告诉我情况 别多事
I’ve got something for you.
我拿了一些东西给你
There’s nothing you have that I could possibly want.
你绝不会有东西是我想要的
Right.
没错
Oh, you’re a very nice man. Maybe you could be my palace slave.
你真好人 也许可做我的爱奴
Wear your jewels to bed, Princess?
戴着珠宝颈链睡觉?
Yeah.

And nothing else. That shock you?
还只穿了睡袍 觉得意外吗?
Nothing shocks me. I’m a scientist.
我不会大惊小怪 我是个科学家
So, as a scientist, you do a lot of research? Always.
那你yao 做不少研究? 经常做
And what sort of research would you do on me?
你会拿我作什么研究?
Nocturnal activities. You mean like what sort of cream I put on my face at night,
夜间活动 我搽哪种面霜?
what position I like to sleep in? Mating customs.
我的睡姿? 交欢的习惯
Love rituals? Primitive sexual practices.
做♥爱♥的方式? 原始的性趣
So you’re an authority in that area? Years of fieldwork.
你是个中权威? 多年研习
I don’t blame you for being sore at me. I can be hard to handle.
我不怪你气我 我挺难缠的
I’ve had worse. But you’ll never have better.
我遇过更糟的 但我是最好的
I don’t know.
我不知道
As a scientist, I don’t want to prejudice my experiment.
做实验不能先入为主
I’ll let you know in the morning.
明早再说
Why, you conceited ape. I’m not that easy.
你这个自大鬼 我可没那么随便
I’m not that easy, either.
我也不是那么随便的
you’re too used to getting your own way.
你太习惯人家顺从你的做法
And you’re just too proud to admit that you’re crazy about me, Dr. Jones.
你太自负 不肯承认为我着迷!
If you want me, Willie, you know where you can find me.
若你要找我 你知道我在哪里
Five minutes. You’ll be back over here in five minutes.
你一定会在五分钟内回头
I’ll be asleep in five minutes. You know it, and I know it.
那时我已睡着了 这自有分晓
Five minutes.
五分钟
Four and a half.
四分半钟
“Palace slave.”
“爱奴”
“Nocturnal activities.”
“夜间活动”
I’m a “conceited ape”?
我是个”自大鬼”?
“I’ll tell you in the morning.”
“明早再说”
I can’t believe it.
难以置信
He’s not coming.
他不会来
She’s not coming. I can’t believe I’m not going.
她不会来 难以相信我不过去
Indiana Jones! This is one night you’ll never forget!
印第安纳 这一晚你会毕生难忘
This is the night I slipped right through your fingers!
因为这一晚你错失了大好良机
Sleep tight… and pleasant dreams!
祝你睡得安好 做个美梦!
I could have been your greatest adventure.
我本来可以是你最大的寻宝收获
Dr. Jones, your whip!
博士 你的皮鞭
Shorty… Turn off the switch.
豆钉 关掉风扇
Oh, Indy.
印第
Oh, be gentle with me.
对我温柔一点
But I’m here.
我在这里
There’s nobody here. No, I’m here.
没人在这里 不 我在这里

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!