什么声音?
What was that?
像是其中一个仆人 可能是Grace Poole
Uh, one of the servants, most likely. Perhaps Grace Poole..
你听到吗? – 对
But did you hear it? – Oh, yes.
我时常听得见
I often hear it.
她在这排房♥间里缝纫
She does sewin g in one of these rooms
太嘈了 Grace
Too much noise, Grace.
记住主人的命令
Remember instructions.
这边回去吧
Uh, we can go back this way.
你的算术不是很好啊 Adele
Your arithmetic is not very good, Adele.
太无聊了 我才不管呢
It is du ll. I do not care for It.
我们不能干别的吗?
Why can’t we d o something else
给你良好的教育是我的工作
it’s my job to give you a good education.
学好算术是其中重要的一环
Learning arithmetic is an important part of that.
妈妈说学跳舞唱歌♥才重要呢
Ng. Mama said it was important to learn singing and dancing,
后来才
that wasn’t dull
如果你乖乖的 我会教你弹钢琴
if you’re a good girl, I’ll teach you to play the piano.
真的?
Will you?
什么时候?
When?
明天吧
Perhaps tomorrow.
为什么现在不行?
Why not now?
今天学算术 明天才学钢琴
Arithmetic today, piano lessons tomorrow.
我出去散散步 回来的时候
I’m going for a walk, and when I come back,
我想看看你总共做对多少
I want to see how many of those sums you’ve got right.
可是太难了
But they’re so difficult
你能做对的 我知道你行的
you can do it. I know you can.
你受伤了吗先生?
Are you injured, sir?
我能帮上什么?
Can I do anything?Come on.
让开就够了
You could just stand to one side
你要是受伤了我叫人帮忙
if you’re hurt, I can fetch some help.
谢过了 我还行 只要骨没断
Thank you, I shall do. I have no broken bones
那么你去吧
well, go on, then.
直到确认你能骑上马之前
I cannot think of leaving you here, sir,
我觉得现在不能离开你 先生
until I see you’re able to mount your horse.
你应该回家
You should be at home yourself.
你哪儿来的?
Where do you come from
那边
there.
什么 那座有护墙的庄园?
What, do you mean that house with the battlements
对 先生
yes, sir.
是谁的房♥子?
Whose house is it?
Rochester先生的
Mr. Rochester’s.
你认识Rochester先生?
Do you know Mr. Rochester?
我还从没见过他
No, I’ve never seen him.
你在那里干什么来着?
And what is your position there?
我是家庭教师
I’m the governess.

Ahh.
家庭教师
The governess.
你既然这么热心我就请你劳驾
Ah, I believe I must ask your help after all, if you’d be so kind?
好的
Yes, sir.
握住马笼头把我的马给牵过来
Would you get hold of my horse’s bridle… And lead him to me
你不是害怕吧?
You’re not afraid?
不害怕
No, sir.
大山是不可能向Mohamed迎来的
I see the Mountain will never come to Muhammed,
所以你得带Mohamed上山
so you must help muhamme d to go to the Mountain.
请来这边一下
Would you please come here?
不好意思
Excuse me.
在这当儿我非得借用一下你不可
Necessity compels me to make use of you.
麻烦你了 再把帽子和手杖递给我行吗?
Thank you. Would you hand me my hat And crop?
谢谢你的帮忙
Thank you for your help.
现在
And now
赶紧回家吧
Make haste home as fast As you can.
是谁的狗?
Whose dog is this?
跟主人一块儿来的
It came with the master.
跟谁?
With whom?
主人
The master.
Rochester先生 他刚到
Mr. Rochester. He just arrived.
这就是Eyre小姐
Here is Miss Eyre, sir.
脚好些了吧?
I trust the leg is feeling more comfortable?
医生明早就到
The doctor will be here in the morning.
Eyre小姐请坐
Let Miss Eyre be seated.
看看Rochester先生给我带的礼物
Look what Mr. Rochester has brought me.
你也给小姐带什么礼物了吗?
Have you broughtmademoiselle a present as well?
你想要礼物?
Did you expect a prese nt, Miss Eyre?
你 喜欢礼物吗?
Are you Fond of presents
先生 我大不知道
I hardly know, sir.
我从未有过收礼物的经历
I have little experience with them.
大家都想那会是好事吧
They’re generally thought pleasant things.
大家都想
“Generally thought.”
那你是怎么看的
But what do you think
礼物不是有着很多意义的吗?
a present has many faces to it, has it not?
你来我家多久了呢?
How long have you been in my house?
4个月
Four months.
你来自
And you came from?
Loward学校 在Lanca郡 – Loward?
Lowood school, sir, in Lancashire. – Lowood?
你在那多长时间了?
How long were you there?
10年了
10 years.
8年当那里的学生 然后教书两年
Eight as a pupil, two as a teacher.
在那地方活了这么长时间你肯定饱经风霜了
You must be tenacious of life to have survived that place so long.
难怪你外表柔弱 内里却坚强
No wonder you have the loo k of another world about you
当我在小道上第一眼看见你时 我还以为自己身在童话
when I saw you in the Lane, I thought unaccountably of fairy tales,
我想是不是你领我的马儿着迷了
and had half a mind to ask whether you had bewitched my horse.
我现在还没搞透
I’m not sure yet,
是因为她我才扭伤的
it is she who is responsible for my sprain.
先生 路上有积雪
There was ice on the roadway, sir.
那才是你的马打滑的原因
It was that which caused your horse to slip.
也许是吧
Perhaps.
我还不清楚
I am not sure yet.
算了吧 Eyre小姐
Very well, Miss Eyre
晚安
I bid you good night
看着 认真听
Watch and listen
这样吗?
You mean, like this?
我已经测验过Adele
I have examined Adele
我知道你在她身上花了大量心血
And found that you’ve taken great pains with her.
她并不特别聪明 也没有什么天赋
she’s not bright , she’s no particular talent
在短时间内竟然有如此大的进步
yet, in a very short time, she’s made much improvement.
她很努力学
She has worked hard.
你还教她弹钢琴?
I gather you’re teaching her to play the piano?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
你喜欢音乐吗?你会演奏?
Are you fond of music? Do you play well?
我很喜欢音乐
I’m very fond of music.
也会一点演奏
I play a little.
一点 就是像英国其他在学校读书的姑娘一样
A little, like any other English schoolgirl.
嗯 也许要比他们强上一点
Perhaps better than some , but not

Well.
Adele给我看了几张画
Adele showed me some sketches.
她说是你画的
Rs. She said they were you
我不相信这些是你一个人的作品
I don’t know if they w ere entirely of your doing.
也许有某位大♥师♥在背后帮着你吧
Perhaps some master helped you?
没人帮过我
No one helped me, sir.
啊!我伤你自尊心了
Ah. That wounds your pride
画这些画花了不少时间和精力吧?
and these pictures must have taken much time and thought.
什么时候画的?
When did you do them?
在Lowood度过的上两个假期
In the last two vacations I spent at Lowood.
是临摹的吗?
Did you copy them?
不 先生 完全出于我的脑海
No, sir, they came out of my head.
源于你脖子上的脑袋吗?
That head I see no w on your shoulders?
是的
Yes, sir.
有什么装饰品在里面吗?
Has it other furniture of the same kind within?
我想可能有
I think it may have.
我希望最好能有
Better, I hope.
你画这些画时心情愉快吗?
Were you happy when yo u painted these pictures

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!