我还没有能力画出我想象中的东西
I didn’t have the skill to paint what was in my imagination.
我总是想进步
I always wanted to achieve more.
你技法上可能尚有不足
well, you may have insufficient technique
但思想总是能创造奇迹
but the thoughts are magical.
啊 9点钟了 – Adele睡了吗?
Ah, 9:00. – Is Adele in bed?
还没有 先生
Not yet, sir.
她早应该睡了 我不赞成小孩太晚就枕
She should be in bed long before this. I don’t approve of these late hours.
去哄她睡觉吧 Eyre小姐
See to it, Miss Eyre
我这里会把边缘画暗
I would do Beatrice darker.
画儿放在那里就是让人用来欣赏它的美与缺
The point is they’re going to ask me something about it sooner or later
先生的脚好多了
his leg is better.
他又快要走了
He will be going away soon.
可能吧
Perhaps.
我会很心疼的
It will break my heart.
我也 是
And this one, here.
你可以帮我画他吗?
Could you draw me a picture of him?
这样他就总能陪着我了
So I’ll always have him with me?
谢谢 先生 我要去斯菲尔德
Well, thank you, sir. I’ll be off to the stables.
你在观察我啊 Eyre小姐
You examine me, Miss Eyre.
你说我英俊吗?
Do you think me handsome?
不 先生
No, sir.
我一直觉得你十分奇怪
There is something very singular about you.
散发着小修女的气质
You have the air of a little nun —
你宁静单纯 惊持朴实
quaint, quiet, grave, and simple,
但当有人向你发问又或者提及什么
but when one asks you a question,
你的答复总是那么无礼
or makes a remark to which you are obliged to answer,
至少说是令人唐突
you rap out a reply which, if not blunt, is at least brusque.
那回答是什么意思?
What do you mean by it?
先生 恕我愚昧
Sir, I was too plain. I beg your pardon.
我想我要回应与你期待意味不同的答复
I will, in turn, rep ly that tastes differ
我的答复并不是你想要的那种美
that beauty is of little consequence,
我想我要说的是这个意思
something of that sort.
那么 但愿我的粗暴没有伤害到你
You will endure my surliness without being hurt.
花时间询问用钱请回来的佣人是否得罪了自己
very few masters would troub le themselves to inquire
这样的主子似乎不多见
Whether or not their p aid employees were offended.
你从未笑过吗 Eyre小姐?
Do you never laugh, Miss Eyre?
别介怀
Never mind.
让我看一下我用钱聘人在她的画本上画下了什么
So, let me see what my paid employee has been drawing in her sketchbook.
我能看吧?
May I?
你把我画丑了
You have me utterly.
不要!它是我的!
No! No! It’s mine!
跟我来Eyre小姐
Come with me, Miss Eyre.
Adele 继续画习作
Adele, continue wi th your work, and remember,
要记住阴影与光面一样 同样重要
the shadows are as importa nt as the light.
你真是这样想的吗?
Do you believe that?
怎么 先生?
What, sir?
阴影与光面同样重要
That the shadows are as important as the light?
我相信人无完人
I believe none of us is perfect
我认为人们没有要遮掩的缺点是不可能的
I believe none of us is without some fault to hide
人都不能生下来就能掌握自己的方向
you are not naturally austere
我也并非天生暴戾的
any more than I am naturally vicious.
我曾经有着温柔感性的内心
I once had a heart full of tender feelings
然而命运在打击着我
But fortune has knocked me about.
我现在只是一个坚韧的橡皮球
Now, I’m hard and tough as an India rubber ball.
你相信我会有希望吗?
Think there’s any hope for me?
什么样的希望?
Hope for what, sir
从橡皮球变回有血有肉的我
my being transformed from India rubber back to flesh and blood?
来吧 pilot
Come, pilot.
没事吧 亲爱的
Ar? Is all well, my dear.
他是多么奇怪的人
what a strange man.
喜怒无常又粗鲁莽撞
So changeful and — and abrupt.
嗯 我想我已经习惯他这一点了
Oh, I suppose I’ve grown accustomed to it
是某种因素使他有如此性情的
and one has to make allowances.
是什么?
Why?
某程度上是他的天性
Partly because it is his nature
也没有谁能指望对自己天性干些什么
and none of us can help our nature.
另外是家庭
Partly family troubles
他不是没有家人了吗?
He doesn’t have a family.
但留有挥之不去的伤痕
There are painful memories which are, perhaps , best forgotten.
棒极了!棒极了
Bravo, bravo!
非常好Adele
Well done, Adele
女士们是这样为你起舞的吗 先生?
Isn’t that how mama danced for you,monsieur?
没错 的确是
Precisely.
没错 的确是
Exactly.
现在
And now
上♥床♥睡觉去 Fairfax夫人 领她出去
Get off to bed. Mrs. Fairfax, take her up.
啊 不 先生 我想多呆一会儿
Oh, no,monsieur. Let me stay a while longer
让我多跳一段舞吧
Let me dance again?
你要听我的话
You heard what I said.
求求你
Please?
没商量!照我的话做!
Don’t argue! Do as you’re told!
来吧 Adele
Come, Adele.
过来
Come.
还有什么?
Well?!
我有权对我发脾气
You may treat me as you will,
但你不应该拿孩子出气
but you should not treat a child thus
我爱拿她怎样就怎样!
I will treat her however I see fit!
当我看着Adele的时候我就看到她母亲的缩影
When I look at Adele, I see a miniature of her mother —
一样的动人
the same beauty,
那种同样冷酷无情的魅力
the same merciless charm.
她是个歌♥剧舞♥女♥
She was an opera dancer.
我不是第一个向她求爱的男人
I was not the first to love her,
但她说Adele是我的所出
but she told me that I was Adele’s father.
我当时还乐在其中
At the time, I wanted to believe it was so,
然后在那个晚上我发现她在一名愚蠢的子爵怀里
but then, one night, I found her in the arms of a brainless viscount.
我向他脚裸开了一枪
I left a bullet in his feeble wing,
我留下了钱包叫她离开我
gave her my purse, and ordered her away from me.
现在 你对那孩子有不同看法了吧?
So, perhaps you’ll think differently of the child now.
可能你不久就会对我说
Perhaps you’ll soon be telling me
我要另请高明了
I should look for a new governess.
她母亲的错与Adele没有任何关系的 你也没错
Adele is not responsible for her mother’s faults or yours.
我没错?我扮演乡村大傻帽那又算什么?
Or mine?! What have I done but play the village idiot?
你这样使Adele觉得她自己是多余的 没人疼爱的了
You’ve made Adele Fe El unwanted and unloved
为何你又不把她留在巴黎 也许在那里对她来说会更快活
Why didn’t you leave her in Paris, where she was happy
因为她母亲遗弃她了!
because her mother abandoned her!
除了我 她举目无亲
When I looked around, I was all she had left.
而我也必需履行我的义务
And I do honor my obligations.
我这是引火自焚
However they were incurred.
自作自受
No one can deny me that.
晚安 Eyre小姐
Good night, Miss Eyre.
Rochester先生!Rochester先生!醒醒!
Mr. Rochester! Mr. Rochester, wake up!
醒醒 先生!求你醒醒
Wake up, sir, please!
什么回事?
Is there a flood
帮帮我 先生
My God. Help me, sir.
多些水!
We need more water!
怎么会这样?
What happened?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我听见了怪笑 – Grace!
I heard a strange laugh. – Grace!
你要去哪?
Where are you going?
留在这里 千万别乱跑
Stay here. Don’t move.
穿上我的披风
Wrap yourself in my cloak.
你湿透了
You’re soaked.
开门 Grace
Open the door, Grace.
不出所料
It was as I thought.
是Grace Poole做的?先生
Grace Poole., sir?
相差无几
Quite so.
你应该开除她
You should send her away.
不要说这些了
Say nothing of this business.
我自有分寸
I will answer for all this.
你可以走了 回你房♥间吧
You can go. Go to your room now.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!