我的父母在我很小的时候就过世了
Jane: My parents died when I was very young.
我只好跟我的舅母Reed夫人
I was sent to live with my aunt, Mrs. Reed,
还有她的孩子们 一起住在盖茨黑德庄园
and her children at gateshead hall.
我忍♥受了他们将近十年的刻薄和虐待
For nearly 10 years, I endured their unkindness and cruelty.
他们不喜欢我 我也讨厌他们
They did not love me. I could not love them.
你这穷鬼 真该去要饭
You have no money! You ought to beg!
干嘛死赖在这 跟我们吃同样的食物
Why should you stay here and have the same meals as we do?!
还穿着妈妈买♥♥的衣服
And you wear clothes at mama’s expense!
你要留在里面直到明天早上
You will stay there until morning.
不要啊!舅母!我受不了的
Oh, aunt, no, no! I cannot endure it
你得听我的话!
you will do as you are told!
不!
No!
不 不
No. No.
片名:简爱
夫人 Brocklehurst院长到了
The reverend Mr. brocklehurs t is here, madam.
午安 Brocklehurst阁下
Good afternoon, Mr. Brocklehurst.
Reed夫人
Mrs. Reed.
请到这边
Do come this way.
这是我的孩子们
My children.
多么可爱啊
Enchanting.
喝茶吗
Tea?
一小杯就够了
Perhaps just this once.
请坐下
Uh, pray, be seated.
亲爱的John 把那不懂规矩的女孩带下来
John, dear Uh, would you go
你是她世上唯一的亲人吗
and find that wretched girl and bring her down?
好的 妈妈
Yes, mama.
Brocklehurst阁下 这对我来说是个很艰难的抉择
This has been, of course a very difficult decision for me, Mr. Brocklehurst.
快点! 他要滚蛋啦!
Come on! She’s going! Hooray
好哇!她得走了
she’s going away! She’ll never like it
天啊 她肯定不喜欢那男人
I cannot believe it.
她 她的母亲是我先夫的妹妹
Her, um, mother was my late husband’s sister
她丈夫是个不名一文的牧师
she married a clergyman, penniless.
这孩子尚在襁褓之时 他们就双双死于斑疹
Both parents died of typhus when the child was born a few months.
你是她世上唯一的亲人吗
are you her only living relative?
她还有一个叔叔她爸爸的兄弟
There is, um, an Uncle — her father’s brother
但他在海外 似乎是马德里 我对他一无所知
but he lives abroad in, um, Madeira, I think. But I know nothing about him.

Go on!
我对这孩子已经是尽力而为了
I have done what I can for the child,
但她本性是那么固执倔强
But she has a. .. Willful, obstinate nature
啊 她来了
oh, here she is.
她就是Jane Eyre
This is Jane Eyre.
Jane 这位是Loward学院的Brocklehurst院长
Jane This is Mr. Brocklehurst of Lowood school
先生 你好
how do you do, sir?
Jane Eyre你舅母说你是个顽劣的姑娘
I hear you’re a wicked child, Jane Eyre.
让我好好看真你
Let me examine you.
你知道顽劣的人们死后会到哪里吗
Do you know where the wicked go after death?
下地狱
To hell.
地狱在哪
What is hell?
你告诉我地狱是什么地方
Can you tell me that?
一个大火坑
A pit full of fire
那么你想掉进那个火坑受煎熬吗
and should you like to fall into that pit and to burn there forever?
不想
No, sir.
那你应该怎么做呢
What must you do to avoid it?
好好保重 千万别死
Keep well and not die, sir
如我所说
it is as I said.
你一定要提醒你们的老师严加看管她
You must warn her teachers to keep a strict eye on her
最为重要的是 慎防她最坏的缺点
And above all, to guard against her worst fault —
说谎的习性
her tendency to deceit.
说谎?
Deceit?
在Loward学院绝不允许说谎
We do not tolerate that at Lowood.
这就是我致信给你的原因
That is why I wrote to you.
我希望她被教养得有点用处 谦逊
I would like her to be brought up in a manner befitting her prospects,
这样更适合她的将来
to be made useful, to be kept humble.
至于假期
And as for the vacations..
她是否也能在你们那儿度过
I would prefer if she spent them with you
当然可以
of course.
好了 两边对叠
来吧
Come.
说谎是过错
Deceit is a sin.
和其他罪孽没有两样
It is akin to falsehood.
所有说谎的人们都要在火海受无尽的煎熬
And all liars shall spend eternity in that lake burning with brimstone and fire.
我没有说谎
I’m not deceitful.
你竟敢回嘴
I beg your pardon?
我没有说谎
I’m not deceitful.
我不是骗子
And I’m not a liar.
如果我是的话 我就会说我爱我舅母
For if I were, I should say that I love you.
但我不爱你
I do not love you.
你是我在世上最讨厌的人之一
I dislike you worst of anybody in the world,
仅次你儿子
except for some.
Jane Eyre 你说什么?
Your bags, Jane Eyre.
你现在应该知道她有多么恶毒了吧
Do you see what a wicked child she is.
没关系的 Reed夫人
Have no fear, Mrs. Reed.
在Loward我们会把她的任性驯服
At Lowood, we shall tame her unruly spirit.
凳子拿过来
The stool.
把孩子放上去
Place this child upon it.
你们都看见了吗?
You see this
这个女孩
This Girl?
她叫Jane Eyre
Her name is Jane Eyre.
小心提防她
Be on your guard against her.
不要与她作伴
Avoid her company.
不能和她说话
Shut her out of your conversations.
好生留意她
This girl — take a good look at her —
这女孩是骗子
this girl is a liar.
让她整天站在凳子上
Let her stand on the stool all day.
今天不得进食
She shall have no food.
任何人都不能和她交谈
And let no one speak to her.
Alice 专心听
Alice, Pay attention.
Temple小姐
Miss Temple.
继续上课
Back to your lessons.
(《An Evening Hymn》 一个晚上的赞美诗)
Forgive me lord for thy dear son
The ill that I this day have done
That with the world myself and thee
I e’re I sleep at peace may be
也让她一起唱
Let her sing with us.
O may my soul on thee repose
And with sweet sleep mine eyelids close
Sleep that may me more vigorous make
To serve my God when I awake
“All praise to thee my God this night” plays
什么
What?
面包和芝士
Some bread and some cheese.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你叫什么名字
What is your name?
谢谢你 Helen 上帝保佑你
Thank you, Helen . God bless you.
上帝也会保佑你的
And you too, Jane.
晚安
Good night.
简 穿好衣服
Jane, Jane, get dressed.
拿着 赶快
Here’s your uniform. Hurry!

Hands.

Bonnet.

Toes.
递出双手
Hands.
帽子!站好!
Bonnet. Bonnet, Jones!
Burns 你双脚不能并尖而站
Burns, you’re standing on the side of your shoe.
马上分开!
Turn your toes out immediately.
你下巴露出来了 缩回去!
And your chin is poking out. Draw it in.
抬起头!
Hold your head up!
我没教过你们这样衣冠不正地站在我面前的
I will not have you standing in front of me in that slovenly way.
闭上你的嘴!
Cover your mouth!
肮脏 讨厌的女孩
Dirty, disagreeable girl.
你还没有洗干净你的指甲
You haven’t cleaned your fingernails this morning.
水很冷
En. The water was frozen.
那不是借口
That is no excuse.
递我桦条
Fetch me the birch.
屡教不改的女孩!
Obstinate girl.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!