通常一眼就分辨出哪个是家庭教师
You can always tell a governess at first glance.
总是一帮格外土头土气的家伙
They’re plain, in a very special way.
我说得对吗 妈妈?
Aren’t they, mama?
谁?什么?亲爱的
Aren’t who what, my darling?
家庭教师
Governesses.
别同我讲家庭教师了
Oh! Don’t talk to me about governesses!
听见这个名词就让我火冒三丈了
The very word makes me tremble with rage.
她们的无能让我受够了
I have suffered a martyrdom in their incompetence.
怎么了?
What?
没事
Nothing.
有什么不妥的?
Have I said something wrong?
她就坐在你后面
She is sitting just behind you.
谁?
Who is?
那个家庭教师
The governess!
没关系的啦
Oh. Well, never mind.
让她听听实话也该会有益
May do her some good to hear the truth.
来吧
Come along.
跳舞时间到了 我也等够了
Time for dancing. I’ve been idle long enough
Donne Bianca能否赏面?
Donna Bianca, will you do me the great honor?
没想到你还会跳舞
I didn’t know you were a dancing man.
他就只会和我跳罢了 Dent上校
He only dances with me, colonel dent.
除了你我还能想和谁跳舞呢?
Who else would I want to dance with
Bonnett夫人 请为我们伴奏
Mrs. Bennett, will you play for us?
你面色很苍白- 我跳得笨手笨脚吗?
You look pale. Was my dancing so clumsy?
没这回事 先生
No, sir.
那么回舞厅上来吧
You come back to the drawing room.
现在睡太早了点儿吧
It’s too early to go to bed.
我很累了 先生
I’m tired, sir
还很郁闷是吧
and a little depressed.
告诉我什么回事
What about? Tell me.
没什么事 先生 我一点不郁闷
Nothing, sir. I’m not depressed.
你的确这样
But You are
无论如何 或多或少再几句话肯定能把你弄哭了
So much so that a few more words would bring tears to your eyes.
我看到的是你的眼泪吗?
Indeed, I see them there now.
请原谅先生 我 我真的很累了
Please excuse me, si r. I’m — I’m very tired
那好吧
very well.
今晚我就原谅你 不过只要我的宾客不走
I’ll excuse you tonight, but so long as my visitors stay,
每天晚上我都要看到你出现在舞厅上
I would like you to appear in the drawing room every evening.
我要保证Jane不会错过任何一次
It is my wish, Jane. Don’t ignore it.
有什么可以帮上忙的吗 先生?
May I help you, sir?
我想见Rochester先生一面
I, um, I’d like to see Mr. Rochester.
但我们正忙于接待宾客
Uh, we have a house full of guests
我与Rochester先生是
Mr. Rochester and I are old —
是老朋友了 而且我实在太疲倦了
old friends, and I’m very tired.
我从牙买♥♥加长途跋涉来见他的
I have come a long way to see him,all the way from Jamaica.
请教先生尊姓大名
May I have your na me, sir?
Peter 带这位先生到客房♥休息
Take this gentleman to the tapestry bedroom.
你这混♥蛋♥真好的运气 Denton
Goddamn your luck, dent!
噢 上校
Ooh, colonel.
还需要什么?先生
Will there be anything else, sir?
啊 足够了 多谢
Mmm? Uh No, thank you.
晚安
Good night. Good night. Good night.
你要帮帮我
I need your help.
什么事
What is it?
跟我来
Come with me.
你不晕血吧?
You don’t turn sick at the sight of blood?
我想不会
I don’t think so
把手递给我
give me your hand.
我一见血就作呕
It won’t do to risk a fainting fit.
面盘架上有团海绵
There’s a sponge on the washstand.
快给他止血
Try and stop the bleeding.
我去找医生 很快就回来
I’ll go and fetch the doctor . I won’t be long.
先生 半小时后给我摆平它
I will give you half an hour
包扎好伤者就送他离开
to dress the wound and get him out of here.
你为什么要来?为什么?
Why did you come? Why? Why on earth?
我想我能为你做什么
I thought I could do some good.
你想
You thought?
你想
You thought.
她说要吸干我的血
She said she’d Drain my heart.
痊愈之前他就呆在你家里
Keep him at your house till he’s quite well.
我隔一两天就会来看看他进展如何
I’ll ride over in a day or two and see how he is.
求你可怜可怜她!
Have pity on her.
待她好一点吧 待她好
Let her be treated tenderly. Let her be —
行了行了
yes, yes.
我尽力而为吧
I do my best
以后都会行了吧
And will continue to do so.
这不是她的过错
It is not her fault.
我知道!那也不是我的过错
I know that! It’s not my fault, either
要是要责备谁 那就应该是你
if anyone’s to bla me, it’s you.
走吧!
Go!
黑桃Ace
Edward: Ace of spades.
运气真好得见鬼了 Rochester
You have the devil’s own luck, Rochester.
常言道“牌场得意 情场必失意”
Well, you know what they say — “lucky at cards, unlucky in love.”
亲爱的Mary 去跟其他客人玩吧
Mary, my dear, off you go, and join the other guests.
我已经厌倦这些游戏了
Yes.
我已经厌倦这些游戏了
I am bored with this game.
我们何不尝试其他新玩意儿呢?
Why don’t we play something else?
那你想玩什么呢?
What would you like to play?
Brancaster阁下有张桌球台
Lord brankester ha s a billiard table
我们也应该买♥♥一张桌球台
you should buy one
我喜欢呢
I adore billiards.
桌球台太贵了
They’re rather expensive — billiard tables.
我们买♥♥不起
I’m not sure I could afford one.
那个下人想见你?
Does that person want you
有什么事?
is something wrong?
现在方便谈话吗?先生
May I speak to you, sir?7-card whist.
什么事?
What is it?
今天早上我受到一封信
I received a letter this morning.
如果您允许的话 我想告假一段时间
If you please, sir, I want leave of absence.
为什么?
Why?
因为有位老太太病了
Because of an old LA dy who’s sick.
哪位老太太?
What old lady?
他叫Reed 是我的舅母
Her name is Mrs. ree d. She’s my aunt.
你不是说过你无亲无故的吗?
I thought you said you didn’t have any relatives.
我没有愿关心我的亲人 先生
None that woul d own me, sir.
Reed夫人在我小时候就赶走了我
Mrs. Reed cast me off when I was a child.
那为什么要赶回去看望她呢?
Then why must you go rushing off to see her?
她就要死了
She’s dying.
我不能违背她临终的愿望
I can’t ignore her dying wish
无论如何你都不会留下吗?
you won’t be persuaded to stay?
我得去 先生
No, sir.
我会回Thornfield的
I will return to Thornfield.
那么说我们要道别了?
So you and I must say goodbye
是的 先生
yes, sir.
人们在告别仪式上该干什么
and how does one perform that ceremony?
我不太懂这个 你告诉我要做些什么
Teach me. I’m not quite up to it
人们会说保重
they say, “farewell,”
或者用其他他们喜欢的方式话别
or any other form they prefer.
暂会
.. farewell, Miss Eyre.
后会有期
present. Farewell, Miss Eyre
这是暂别
Is that all?Yes, sir.
那么我们握手
Why don’t we shake hands
记住你的承诺
Remember your promise
谢谢
Thank you.
Rivers先生 Eyre小姐到了
Mr. Rivers, Miss Eyre is here.
小姐请
Miss?
Eyre小姐
Miss Eyre
在下John Rivers 是Gate’s Head教区长
St. John Rivers, rector of Gateshead.
你好
How do you do?
请进
Please come in.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!