走出车厢舒展四肢多好啊
Nice to get out of the carriage.
小姐再见 – 再见
Goodbye, miss. – Goodbye.
小姐再见了
Goodbye, young lass.
啊 小姐请进
Oh, come in, miss.
请进
Come in.
Leah 新任的家庭教师来了
Leah, it’s the new governess.
请跟我来 小姐
Would you follow me, miss?
Fairfax夫人
Mrs. Fairfax?
Fairfax夫人
Mrs. Fairfax?
Eyre小姐
Miss Eyre.
亲爱的 你好吗?
Oh, how do you do, my dear?
我想你肯定旅途奔波了
I’m afraid you’ve had a tedious journey.
很冷吧?
You must be frozen.
我来帮你吧
Let me help you.
不用麻烦你了
Please don’t trouble yourself.
何足挂齿
Oh, no trouble.
你双手冻麻了吧
Your own hands must be numb with cold.
过来火炉这边暖和一下
Now, come — come to the fire. And get warm.
接着
There.
一杯热茶也能稍微解寒
And I dare say a hot drink would be most welcome, too
加糖吗?
sugar?
不了 谢谢
No, thank you.
Leah 切一两块三明治来
Uh, Leah, cut a sandwich or two.
请坐 亲爱的
Do sit down, my dear.
谢谢
Thank you.
钥匙
The key.
什么?- 钥匙 Fairfax夫人
What? – The key, Mrs. Fairfax.
啊 对了
oh, yes.

There.
如果Adele还没睡的话就叫她下来
And if Adele is still awake, ask her to come down.
是的 Fairfax夫人
Yes, Mrs. Fairfax.
那孩子总不肯按时就枕
Uh, the child keeps the most impossible hours.
我猜她母亲过去总是容许她通宵达旦
I imagine her mother must have kept her up the entire evening
她不是您女儿吗?
she isn’tyourdaughter?
不 不是
Well, oh — no, no
她姓Varax 叫Adele Varax
no, her name is Varens . Adele Varens.
我没有成家
No, I have no family.
你能来我很高兴 很高兴
I am glad. I’m so glad you have come.
在这里人会觉得很与世隔绝
Well, one can feel so isolated here,
尤其在冬天
especially in the winter.
有你来打破这个僵局是最好不过的了
And it will be most pleasant for me to have someone to converse with on terms of equality.
当然 John夫妇还有Leah都是很温善的人
Of course, to be sure, John and his wife and Leah are very decent people.
啊 你的学生到了
Uh — ahh! Here is your charge.
过来这边 Adele
Come, Adele.
这位是来教你的老师
Here is the lady who is to teach you
日后将你调♥教♥成聪明的女人
and make a clever woman of you one day.
(你是我新的家庭老师?)
This is my governess?
(对啊 小宝贝 我叫Jane Eyre)
Yes, little one.
(对啊 小宝贝 我叫Jane Eyre)
You can call me Miss Eyre.
(你会讲♥法♥语?我们能一块儿聊吗)
You speak French? I speak with you.
当然了 但我们现在跟Fairfax夫人一起
Yes, Adele, but we’re with Mrs. Fairfax now, and in her presence,
她在场我们讲英语会更礼貌
It is more polite if we try to speak in English.
她伎伎喳喳地说法语你也能听懂吗
You understand her when she runs on like that?
是的
Oh, yes.
我唱支歌♥你听好吗?我妈妈教过我唱歌♥
Shall I sing for you ? My mama taught me to sing.
你妈妈在哪里?
where is your mama?
走了
Gone.
她飞到圣母那儿去了
She flew away to the holy virgin
她教过我唱歌♥和跳舞
she taught me to Dan ce and to sing.
我现在就唱你听好吗?
Shall I sing for you now?
明早才唱吧 已经很晚了
In the morning, adel e. It’s late.
是时候睡觉了
And it is time you were in bed.
去吧
Come along.
我们会上去听你祷告的
Uh, we shall come up and hear your prayers
这边 亲爱的
this way, my dear.
上♥床♥吧 小姐
Come on, miss.
过来
Come here.
Thronfield是所很旧的庄园
Thornfield is a fine old hall,
也许早就被遗忘了
perhaps a little neglected of late,
但只要Rochester先生回来后一切都会好转
but that could soon be remedied if only Mr. Rochester would come home.
Rochester先生是哪位
Who is Mr. Rochester
那当然是这里的主人了
oh, why, he is the master of this house.
你不可能见着他的 他从不留在这里
But you will never see him. He never stops here.
当然会 他有时会在的
Oh, of course he does sometimes.
他不是带你来了吗?Adele
He brought you, now, Adele , didn’t he?
然而他时常在外 这也是事实
But it is true he’s usually away.
小姐?
Mademoiselle?
我们一起会很开心吗?
Will we be very happy?
只要我们一起努力就会得到满足的
We shall work hard, and we shall be content.
晚安Adele 念祷告词吧
Good night, Adele. Say your prayers.
晚安 Eyre小姐
And you, mademoiselleeyre.
晚安Fairfax太太
Good night,madamefairfax.
晚安Adele
Good night, Adele.
我不会让你忙上整晚的
Now, I’ll not keep you sitting up all night.
我猜你也想早点休息
I’m sure you will want to retire early.
你的房♥间就在Adele隔壁 只是小了一点
Uh, and your room is just along here, near to Adele.
但我想总比前排厢房♥好
It’s quite small, but I thought you’d like it better than the ones in the front.
它们大些 只是太过深寒幽辟 没人睡那里
Uh, they are larger, but so dreary and solitary,
只是太过深寒幽辟 没人睡那里
and no one ever sleeps there.
大家都琢磨要是Thornfield庄园有鬼魅
One would almost say if there were a ghost at Thornfield hall,
那就只能出没在那里
that would be its haunt.
这就是你的房♥间
Now, here is your room.
我能住在这里吗?
This is for me
有什么问题吗?
what? Is — is anything the matter?
我害怕明天醒在其他地方
I know tomorro w I’ll discover
发现这只是个白日梦
This is a drea m from which I must awaken.
不 我们的确身在这里我们很欢迎你的到来
We are real, and you are most welcome here.
衷心地欢迎
Most welcome.
晚安 亲爱的 睡安稳
Good night, my dear. Sleep well.
多谢您 Fairfax夫人
Thank you, Mrs. Fairfax.
这上面是宴会厅
up here is the main gallery
太壮观了
what a handsome place.
我开着窗户通通风
I have the windows open to let in a little air.
由于少用 家具都变潮了
Everything gets so damp in rooms tha t are seldom entered.
我再带你走走其他房♥间
E. Now, let me show y ou the rest of the hous
这就是主人间了
Here are the master’s rooms.
那是Rochester吗?
Is that Mr. Rochester?
不 是他父亲
Oh, no. His father.
我搞不懂为什么Rochester先生非要把它留着
And why Mr. roches ter keeps it here desp ite everything,
这是我搞不懂他怪异处事的其中一条
I do not know. One of his strange ways.
他父兄对他很不公
His father and his broth er were very unfair to him
会说他粗野
Some would say barbarous
你要知道 他是末子
he was the younger son, you see,
他理所当然为家业牺牲一切
and he was expecte d to sacrifice everything for the family
9年前他才继承了Thornfield
he only inherited Thornfield nine years ago
还小的时候 那男孩是多么温顺啊
When he was a chil d, he was such a gentle boy.
显然他本性并不粗野
he’s clearly not barbarous himself
不然他不可能收养Adele
if he’s taking care of Adele’s upbringing.
不 不
Oh, no.
Rochester先生承担起这份义务的
Oh, no, Mr. Rochester does accept his responsibilities.
对于下人 他也总是那么慷慨开明
And he’s a-a just and libe ral landlord to his tenants.
他周游各地 见多识广
he’s — he’s well-travel ed and very intelligent
但当他与你谈话时
but when he talks to y ou, you cannot always be sure
你总不能确定他是发自肺腑 还是说着玩而已
whether he is in j est or in earnest,
不知道他是高兴还是恼怒
uh, whether he is plea sed or the contrary.
反正 他过得并不开心
He is not a happy man.
天啊 这些花儿
Oh, my goodness! Those flowers.
我告诉过他们房♥间总得保持崭新
Oh, I do keep telling Leah that all the rooms must be kept in readiness.
Rochester先生虽然极少在这
Mr. Rochester’s visits may be rare,
但他总是从天而降
but we’re never warned.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!