Just take a little bit at a time.
一次一点
I can never tell what’s rock and what’s bone.
我老分不清岩石和骨头
Technically, it’s all rock.
其实都是岩石
The calcium in the bones is replaced during fossilization.
只不过骨头里的钙被石化而已
But you can feel the difference. See?
你可以感到它们的不同 你瞧
Rough… smooth.
粗糙 光滑
Rough, smooth.
粗糙 光滑
洛矶山博物馆古生物学部门
Dr. Grant.
格兰特博士
Mr. Brennan.
比利
So, how’d it go?
有收获吗
Well, it’s not too late to change your major, Billy.
你还来得及改变主修科目
Not good, huh?
看来不太好
Worse. We’re gonna have to pack up in four weeks.
很糟 我们只剩四个礼拜的经费
Three.
三个礼拜
I had to rent equipment.
我租了一些设备
Come here, I gotta show you something.
给你看点东西
You like computers, right?
你喜欢电脑 对不对
I like the abacus, Billy.
我还喜欢算盘呢
Meet the future of paleontology.
这就是古生物学的未来
It’s a rapid prototyper.
这是快速原型机
I enter in the scan data from the raptor’s skull.
我把快盗龙头骨资料输入进去
The computer breaks it down into thousands of slices.
电脑把它分成上千的切片
Then this thing sculpts it, one layer at a time.
然后这个设备就开始造型 一次一层
It’s done.
好了
I give you the resonating chamber of a Velociraptor.
这就是快盗龙的共鸣腔
Listen to this.
你听
Wow. This is brilliant, Billy. Really, it is.
太高明了
Sad to say, it’s just a little bit late.
只可惜晚了点
Dr. Grant?
格兰特博士吗
Paul Kirby. Kirby Enterprises.
我是克比企业公司的保罗
Uh, my card. How you doing, Billy?
这是我的名片 比利 你好
What can I do for you, Mr. Kirby?
有什么能为你效劳
Well, um, first thing, I ‘m a great admirer of yours,
首先 我非常崇拜你
and I have a proposition I’d like to discuss with you.
其次 有个建议想和你讨论
Would you have dinner with my wife and me this evening?
请你赏光今晚和我们共进晚餐
It’ll be our treat.
由我请客
Well, that’d be great, but I’m tired. I’ve been traveling.
谢谢你的好意 我才旅行回来 很累
Maybe some other time.
改天吧
Believe me, this will be worth your while.
相信我 这很值得
We’d love to. Oh, terrific.
就这么说定 太好了
That’s the spirit. Good. This evening then.
我最欣赏这种精神 那就今晚见
Oh, Billy. Dr. Grant. How are you?
格兰特博士 比利 你好
Amanda, Billy. Mrs. Kirby, how are you?
阿曼达 比利 克比太太 你好
So what are you boys drinking?
你们要喝什么?
Ice Pick, Catfish. Two, please, Cat.
冰钻鸡尾酒 来两杯
We’ve admired your work for years.
我们很崇拜你的工作
Really truly inspiring.
非常具有启发性
Amanda and I just love the outdoors.
阿曼达和我很喜爱户外生活
Heck, we’ve been on just about every adventure tour they can come up with.
几乎参加过所有的探险团
The Nile, Galapagos, K2.
象尼罗河 加拉帕哥斯群岛 喀喇昆仑山脉…
We even have two seats reserved on the first commercial flight to the moon.
我们甚至预订月球首航之旅
And for our wedding anniversary this year…
所以在我们结婚纪念那天
we wanted to do something really special.
想做点特别的活动
Something So… Once in a lifetime.
那种 一生难忘的事
I’ve chartered an airplane to fly us over Isla Sorna…
所以我们包了一架飞机 到索拿岛去探险
and we’d like you to be our guide.
希望你做我们的向导
There you go, guys.
酒来了
That’s a very kind offer, Mr. Kirby, but I’m a very, very busy man.
谢谢你的赏识 可是我很忙
I can recommend a couple of guys who are really highly qualified that
不过倒可以介绍几个 非常合格的人给你
No, no, no. You’re the best. You’ve seen these animals in the flesh.
不 你曾亲眼看过它们 所以最合适
There’s no one that even comes close to you.
你甚至曾和它们面对面过
You wouldn’t be able to fly low enough to see anything of any real interest.
但依规定不能低飞 所以你根本看不到什么
Well, see? That’s the interesting part…because we have permission to fly low.
妙在他们特许我们低飞
How low?
多低?
I’m no aviation expert, but a heck of a lot lower than anybody else, I can tell you.
我不是飞航专家 但我知道比任何人都低
From what I understand, it’s pretty much. It’s whatever we want.
就我所知 要多低都行
That’s hard to believe.
真难以相信
You see, through my business dealings…import, export, emerging markets
因为我的公司 所经营的进出口业务
I’ve made a lot of friends in high places.
使我结交了不少高层朋友
In this case, the Costa Rican government.
连哥斯达黎加的政府也不例外
Dr. Grant, you have no idea how important it is to us that you come along.
你的参与对我们非常重要
It would make all the difference.
因为这是成功的关键
Mrs. Kirby, I I…
克比太太
And, of course, we’d love to make a contribution to your research here. So
我们也愿意捐款支持你的研究
I could write all kinds of numbers on this check, Dr. Grant.
任何数目都行
Tell me
告诉我
what’s it gonna take?
要多少钱?
Even with what I pay you, couldn’t you afford a better bag?
我付你的钱不少 买个好点的袋子吧
No way. This one’s lucky.
这是我的幸运袋
A couple years ago, some buddies and I
几年前和朋友
went hang gliding off these cliffs in New Zealand
到新西兰的峭壁上做滑翔飞行
and this big updraft came and swept me right against the side, wham!
上升气流突然把我扫到一边
Wow, that does sound lucky.
那的确很幸运
This strap alone saved my life.
就是这条背带救了我
Got hooked on a rock as I was falling.
当我跌落时它刚好钩在岩石上
Reverse Darwinism: survival of the most idiotic.
跟达尔文进化论刚好相反 “愚者生存”
Alan, I want to thank you for bringing me along.
谢谢你给我这次机会
Yeah, well, the bones will still be there when we get back.
反正回来后骨头仍然在
That’s the great thing about bones: They never run away.
研究骨头的好处就是它跑不了
The truth is, you got me into this,
当初是你把我扯进来
and I have no intention of being on my own with these people.
所以我绝不会放过你
Don’t get too excited, Billy.
别太兴奋
Chances are we won’t see a thing.
很可能什么也看不到
Your turn to be nice. Wake me when we get there.
好啦 到时候拜托叫醒我
So, how do you know the Kirbys?
你怎么认识克比的?
Uh, through our church.
在教堂认识的
Alan.
阿伦
Alan.
阿伦
Wake up. We’re almost there.
醒醒 我们快到了
Unidentified aircraft approaching Isla Sorna, this is San Juan Approach.
这里是圣胡安 一架不明飞机正接近索拿岛
You’re flying in restricted airspace.
你在禁区飞行
Immediately turn to coordinates two…
请尽快回头…
My God, I’d forgotten.
天呀 我几乎都忘了
We did it, honey. We’re here.
亲爱的 我们终于到了
Cooper, if you see anything, yell up.
古伯 如果看到什么就大叫
No, I thought I’d keep it to myself.
不是说不准叫吗?
I’m sorry. Everyone, if you look out the left of the plane,
各位 从左边看过去
you can see a whole herd of brachiosaurs.
你们会看到成群的腕龙
In fact, you can see in the front of the group, the alpha male grazing there.
雄性首领走在队伍的最前面
Udesky, Nash, how ’bout up front? You guys see anything?
余戴斯 奈许 前面有东西吗
Nothing yet, Mr. Kirby.
什么也没有
You mean… Mrs. Kirby, look. Out here you’ll see a group of triceratops
从这边看过去是一群三角龙
Mr. Kirby, we have a landing strip up ahead. You want me to put it down?
这里有跑道 要降落吗?
No, no. I told you, I want to circle first, see the whole island.
不要 先绕全岛一圈
What do you mean set it down? You can’t land here.
你是什么意思 不能在这里降落
What are you talking about? Hold on. I can explain.
你说什么 等一下 我可以解释
You cannot land on this island.
你绝不能在这岛上降落
It’s gonna be fine. You just don’t understand.
没事的 你不明白
Are you crazy? Sit down, please.
你疯啦 拜托坐下来
Dr. Grant, will you please sit down?
格兰特博士 请你先坐下来
Billy, tell me we didn’t land.
比利 我们没降落吧
Eric? Eric? Ben? Eric?
艾瑞克 宾
I think they’re looking for someone.
他们似乎在找人
Oh, Dr. Grant, are you all right? I’m sorry we had to be so…
你没事吧 抱歉我们打…
Who hit me? Who hit me?
谁打我的
That would be Cooper.
是古伯
What are they doing?
他们在做什么
They’re setting up a perimeter to make the place safe.
清理四周 使这里更安全
These guys are good. On this island, there is no such thing as safe.
相信我 这里没有安全的地方
We have to get back on that plane.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!