我毫无疑问
I am, beyond a doubt,
是旧时代的最后一人
the last of the old-timers.
我的名字是杰克·克雷伯
My name is Jack Crabb.
而我是
唯一的白人幸存者
And I am the sole white survivor
在小大角战役中
of the Battle
of Little Big Horn…
呃… 呃…
uh… uh…
众所周知为卡士达将军的最后一役
popularly knowed
as Custer’s Last Stand.
嗯…
Well…
克雷伯先生
我比较感兴趣
Mr. Crabb,
I’m more interested
对平原印地安人的早期生活方式
in the primitive lifestyle
of the Plains Indian
而不是…
than I am in the…
有关卡士达将军的传说
tall tales about Custer.
传说?
Tall tales?!
你是说我在说谎吗?
Are you calling me a liar?
没有,没有

– No, no…
– Huh?
没有,只是…
No, it’s just that…
我对印地安人的生活方式
I’m interested in the way of life
比较感兴趣
而不是,所谓的冒险
of the Indian rather than,
shall we say, adventure.
你认为小大角战役
You think the Battle of Little
Big Horn was… was a…
是个冒险?
was an adventure?
哦,操
Oh, shit.
有关白人和印地安人之间的冲突
Little Big Horn was not
representative of…
小大角战役并不具代表性
克雷伯先生
encounters between Whites
and Indians, Mr. Crabb.
你知道,印第安人濒临种族灭绝…
You see the…
near genocide of the Indian…
濒临什么?
The… the… the near what?!
濒临种族灭绝
Near genocide.
它的意思是…消灭
It means: “extermination;
杀掉整个族群
the killing off
of an entire people.”
这就是实际上
我们对印地安人所做的事
That’s practically
what we did to the Indian.
但是,当然,我不会期望一个
像您一样的老印第安战士…
But of course, I wouldn’t expect
an old Indian fighter like you
来同意我的说法
to agree with me.
把那个东西打开
Turn that thing on.
对不起?
I beg your pardon?
我说,把那个东西打开
I said, turn that thing on
并且闭嘴
and shut up.
你给我坐在那里,你会学到些东西
Now you just set there,
and you’ll learn something.
我知道乔治·阿姆斯壮·卡士达将军
I knowed General
George Armstrong Custer
他的真面目
for what he was.
我也知道印地安人的
And I also knowed the Indians…
真面目
for what they was.
一百一十一年前
当时我只有十岁
111 years ago,
when I was ten years old,
我的家人,
在横渡大草原时…
my family…
in crossin’ the Great Plains…
被一批野蛮的印地安人屠♥杀♥了
was wiped out
by a band of wild Indians.
小巨人
那些歹徒把所有人
Everybody was killed
or drug off
都杀死或毒死了
by them murderin’ varmints,
除了我和我的姊姊卡洛琳
except me
and my sister Caroline.
再见,杰克
Good-bye, Jack.
我将与你在天堂相会
I’ll see you in Heaven.
再见,卡洛琳
Good-bye, Caroline.
我们当时不知道区别
We didn’t know
the difference then,
但那是一群波尼族人攻击了我们
but it was a band of Pawnee
what attacked us before.
我对波尼族来说没有用处
I ain’t had no use for Pawnee
ever since.
但这个人不是波尼族
But this one wasn’t a Pawnee.
他是个夏安族勇士
He was a Cheyenne brave.
我后来对他非常了解
I later got to know him well.
他的名字是“看见的阴影”
His name was
Shadow That Comes In Sight.
首次看见印第安营地时
At first sight
of an Indian camp,
你会想:
“我看到他们的垃圾,帐篷在哪里?”
what you think is, “I see
their dump, where’s the camp?”
他带我们去见他们的酋长
He brought us to their chief.
他的名字是“老帐篷皮”
His name was Old Lodge Skins,
日后成为我的祖父
who later become my granddaddy.
他们想要什么,卡洛琳?
What do they want, Caroline?
他们想要的就像天一样透彻,杰克
It’s as plain as day
what they want, Jack.
什么?
What?

Me.
为了表示友好
To show good manners,
“老帐篷皮”
请我们最年长的男性幸存者抽烟
Old Lodge Skins smoked with
our oldest male survivor.
他们不知道我是女人
They didn’t know
I was a woman.
这说明了为什么
他们没有马上就强♥奸♥我
That explains why they didn’t
rape me right off.
我不认为他们会惹你的
I don’t think they’re gonna
bother you, Caroline.
没那么好运的,杰克
No such luck, Jack.
他们今晚肯定就会对我下手
They’ll get me
tonight, for sure.
可怜的卡洛琳对男人没有吸引力
Poor Caroline never did
have no luck with men.
我认为她估计我们两个无法一起离开
I reckoned she figured
we both couldn’t get away,
她会去找救兵来解救我
and she’d send help back
to rescue me.
第二天早上,我发现自己
独自在那个印第安帐篷里
Next morning, I found myself
in that Indian camp all alone.
但那些自称为“人类”的夏安族人
But the Cheyenne, who call
themselves the “Human Beings,”
并无意伤害我
had no idea to hurt me.
他们视我为贵客
I was an honored guest,
并以煮狗肉来款待我
and they gave me a real treat
for breakfast: boiled dog.
我得承认,狗肉并不难吃,
Dog ain’t bad, neither.
也不油腻
但你会因它
Now dog is greasy, I’ll admit,
but you’d be surprised
味道的鲜美而惊讶
how downright delicate
the flavor is,
特别是当你饿得要命的时候
especially
when you’re starving.
你知道,“人类”收养了我
如同他们自己的一份子
You see, the Human Beings
adopted me as one of their own.
“看见的阴影”教我弓箭
Shadow That Comes In Sight
taught me the bow and arrow
和如何追踪的游戏
and how to stalk game.
“太阳下晒红”
Burns Red In The Sun
教我如何保护我苍
白的皮肤不被晒伤
showed me how to protect
my pale skin from sunburn.
很少人知道有些印地安人
就像“晒红”
It’s a little known fact that
some Indians, like Burns Red,
会将他们自己的皮肤晒伤
will sunburn their own selves.
但我真正的老师是我的养祖父
But my real teacher
was my adopted grandpa,
“老帐篷皮”
Old Lodge Skins.
他教我辨认足迹、夏安语言
He taught me to read a trail,
the Cheyenne language,
和很多其他的事
and lots of other things.
对一个男孩来说,那是一种天堂
For a boy,
it was a kind of paradise.
我不仅是扮演印地安人
I wasn’t just playing Indian,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!