成交
A deal?

Yeah.
我们互相遵守诺言
You give your word, I give mine that we’ll do what we say.
这是个真诚的交易
It is a truth exchanged between two people.
比尔
Bill?
什么
What?
我会守信用
You have a deal.
很好看
That’s great.
太好了
Great.
我有个疑问
You know, I got to thinking.
你跟着我在我身边
With you here and seemingly occupied,
你的工作怎么办 我是说其他地方
how’s your work going, I mean, elsewhere?
你今天早上刮胡子时 不只是在刮胡子
While you were shaving this morning, you weren’t just shaving.
– 什么意思 – 你脑子里
– What do you mean? – You were hatching ideas,
在想些计划 做一些决定 对吗
making plans, arriving at decisions, right?
我想没错
Yeah, I guess so.
你懂这个概念了
So you understand the concept.
一部分的你在做某事
While part of you is busy doing one thing,
另一部分的你在做其他事
another part of you is doing another,
可能为你生意上遇到的问题烦恼吧
perhaps even attending to the problems of your work.
是吗
Correct?
当然
Of course.
你懂这个概念
So you understand the idea.
恭喜你 比尔
Congratulations, Bill.
现在把这个想法乘以无限大
Now multiply that by infinity, take that to the depths of forever,
你对我说的还只略知一二
and you still will barely have a glimpse of what I’m talking about.

Joe?
怎么了
Yes, Bill?
你为什么不放过这个年轻人
How about giving a guy a break?
我不能破例
Make an exception?
凡事总有例外
Well, there’s one to every rule.
这可不行
Not this.
通知我家人 告诉他们今晚聚餐
And call my family. I’d like them to have dinner with me tonight.
昨天不是才聚餐过吗
Didn’t the family get together last night?
詹妮弗
Jennifer.
好的 帕里什先生 我马上去
Of course, Mr. Parrish, right away.
请你去我办公室等我
Perhaps you’d like to wait in my office.

No.
我要告诉你 你不是董事会成员
What I’m trying to say is this is a board meeting and you’re not a member.
我知道你会想办法的
I’m sure you’ll find a way to make it all right.
你好
Nice to meet you.
早上好
Morning.
早上好 比尔
Morning, Bill.
Good morning.
谢谢 艾迪
Thank you. Eddie.
这是乔·布拉克
This is Joe Black.
他是…
He’s…
– 我私交甚笃的朋友 – 哈啰 昆斯
– a personal associate of mine, and… – Hello, Quince.
他要参加会议
He’ll be joining us this morning.
我知道这不太正常 我跟各位道歉
I know this is unusual, and my apologies, and…
德鲁 继续
Drew, carry on.
又见面了
It’s nice to see you.
我没想到你会来
Didn’t expect you,
无疑你是贪得无厌
but certainly you can’t get enough of a good thing.
谢谢
Thank you.
乔 请坐那里
Joe, would you like to sit there?
好了
Okay.
帕里什传播董事会今天将做出决策
The Board of Parrish Communications is hereby called to order.
我们的议题是…
Our sole order of…
我们的…
Our…
我们今天生意的议题是…
Our sole order of business today is a,
接受约翰·邦特科的慷慨出价
is an acceptance of John Bontecou’s generous offer.
我想 比尔…
And I think Bill…
你还有这种好吃的饼干吗
Do you have any more of these delicious cookies?
有果酱的吗
The jelly ones?
再来一杯茶
And a cup of tea.
牛奶
With milk, I think.
我想试试英国式早餐
I’d like to try it English style.

Yes.
一杯奶茶 谢谢
A cup of tea with milk, please.
还有什么 布拉克先生
Is there anything else, Mr. Black?
– 水呢 – 好哇 也要 谢谢你
– How about some water? – Why, yes, thank you.
– 热水还冷水 – 冷的
– Hot or cold? – Cold.
玻璃杯装
And a glass?
言归正传
To review.
经过审慎的评估
We’re really crossing the T’s and dotting the I’s here.
比尔昨天与约翰·邦特科洽谈愉快
Bill had a great and conclusive meeting yesterday with John Bontecou,
现在我需要各位投票表决
and all that remains for us is to put it to a vote.
谢谢你 德鲁
Thank you. Drew…
是的
Yeah.
我很开心 不如说是我很有兴趣地会见了…
I did enjoy, or rather I was interested in meeting…
约翰·邦特科 在昨天
John Bontecou yesterday,
还有…
and…
印象深刻
Impressive,
应该是吧
I suppose.
但是…
But…
但是…
But…
这让我开始思考
it did get me to thinking.
我当初因为喜欢这个工作而创业
See, I started in this business because this is what I wanted to do.
我知道…
I knew…
我写不出好的美国小说
I wasn’t gonna write the great American novel.
但我也知道我不是那种花一块钱买♥♥东西
But I also knew there was more to life than buying something for $1
卖♥♥两块钱的人
and selling it for $2.
我想要创立些什么
I’d hoped to create something,
一些能被评为高标准的东西
something which could be held to the highest standards.
然后我发现
And what I realized was I…
我想要为世界传递讯息
I wanted to give the news to the world.
以最原始的样貌
And I wanted to give it unvarnished.
我们了解彼此越多
The more we all know about each other,
我们就有越多机会生存
the greater the chance we will survive.
当然 我想要获利 谁不想呢 但是
Sure, I want to make a profit. You can’t exist without one, but,
约翰·邦特科只在乎利益
John Bontecou is all profit.
如果我让他得到帕里什传播
If we give him license to absorb Parrish Communications
他也会把触角伸向其他传播公♥司♥
and he has his eye on a few others after us,
为了发展
in order to reach the world,
你们要帮约翰·邦特科工作
you will have to go through John Bontecou.
你们不只要付费
And not only will you have to pay him to do this,
更重要的 你必须听他的话
far more important, you’ll have to agree with him.
传播新闻是权利
Reporting the news is a privilege
也是责任
and a responsibility.
这是义不容辞的
And it is not exploitable.
帕里什传播有此项特权
Parrish Communications has earned this privilege.
约翰·邦特科想要买♥♥下它
John Bontecou wants to buy it.
我身为董事长
As your chairman,
我希望你们知道
I urge you to agree.
公♥司♥是非卖♥♥品
This company is not for sale.
看来你没有给我们商量的余地
It sounds like you’re not leaving much room for discussion.
– 谢谢 – 不客气
– Thank you. – You’re welcome.
我知道 我很抱歉 我改变我的主意了
I know. I’m sorry, I… Looks like I’m reversing my field.
你有这个特权 比尔
That’s your privilege, Bill.
但是为了我们的需求 为了我们需要的成长
But given our needs, given the absolute necessity for growth,
为了未来发展 事实上
given the future, the truth is,
加入约翰·邦特科跟死神与赋税一样是必然的
joining John Bontecou is every bit as certain as death and taxes.
– 死神与赋税 – 是的
– Death and taxes? – Yes.
– 你说死神与赋税 – 是的
– Death and taxes? – Yes.
– 听起来好奇怪 – 只是一句俗语 布拉克先生
– What an odd pairing. – It’s just a saying, Mr. Black.
– 谁说的 – 这不重要
– By whom? – Doesn’t matter.
那你为何提到
Then why did you bring it up?
你没听过这种说法
You’re not familiar with the phrase,
世界上除了死神和赋税没有事情是绝对的
“In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes”?
我现在听到了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!