Stirring up this hornet’s nest won’t be good for anyone, and it’ll mean killing.
我对此也颇为遗憾 但是我没法就这样放过凯斯帕
I’m not thrilled about it either, but I can’t just lay down to Caspar.
你还不算太惨 也许你并不乐意 但是交出伯尼·伯恩邦
You could do worse. You might not like it, but giving up Bernie Bernbaum…
只是为了和平而付出的小小代价而已
is a pretty small price to pay for peace.
生意是生意 然而战火只会弄得两败俱伤
Business is business, and a war is going to hurt everybody.
伯尼自己要玩火 他就得自己面对恶果
Bernie plays with fire, he’s got to deal with the consequences.
即使那意味着他可能要被宰掉
even if that means he gets bumped off.
老天呐 汤姆 这已经不再是重点了 凯斯帕做掉了罗格
Sweet Jesus, Tom, that ain’t even the point anymore. Caspar pooped Rug.
只要我在战场上投降 凯斯帕立马就会崛起
The day I back down from a fight, Caspar’s welcome to the rackets,
波及到这个城市的势力和我的位置
this town and my place at the table.
– 我并没有挑起争端 但是 – 就是你挑起的
– I didn’t start this thing, but… – You did start it.
– 你和维娜 – 我们先走了 利奥 如果你没有意见的话
– You and Verna. – We can dangle, Leo, if you’d prefer.
坐下 戴尔 在场的都是朋友
Sit down, Dale! We’re all friends here.
何况凯斯帕并没有打破规矩 伯尼打破了规矩 你帮助他也就是打破了规矩
And Caspar hasn’t broken the rules, Bernie has, and you, too, by helping him.
如果这还不够劝阻你 考虑一下如果你们开战
And if that isn’t enough, consider that if you make this a war,
你输的代价比凯斯帕的更大
you have more to lose than Caspar.
好吧 但是我打败他的胜算更大 老天 汤姆 我们曾经可是面对过比次更不利的局面
Okay, but more to beat him with. Jesus, Tom, the two of us have faced worse odds.
那都是有理由的 师出有名才能站得住脚
Never without reason. It helps to have one.
好吧 反正是你的决定
Well, it’s your call.
我的意见曾经在这里是算数的
My opinion used to count for something around here.
但做决定的人一向是你
But it’s always yours to take or leave.
拜托 汤米 才不是这样
Come on, Tommy. It’s not like that.
真是见鬼
Goddamn it!
这个臭小鬼脾气真够别扭的
Goddamn kid’s just like a twist.
给我一杯烈酒
Get me a stiff one.
谈不拢 是么
No small talk, huh?
– 他们枪击了你的马 – 要是还有天理的话
– They shoot your horse? – If there’s any justice.
– 维娜在么 – 她在女士化妆间
– Verna around? – She stepped into the ladies’ room.
– 你准备好欠拉扎尔的五百块了么 – 你得容我周转几天
– You got Lazarre’s 500? – You’ll have to carry me for a few days.
他不会乐意的 难道你不能从利奥那里拿钱么
He ain’t gonna like that. Couldn’t you get it from Leo?
这又不是利奥的债 我会用自己的方式还钱的
It’s not Leo’s debt. I’ll pay me own way.
有原则 我喜欢
I admire a man of principle.
这酒也记账么
Does this go on the tab?
女士们请闭眼 我要路过了
Close your eyes, ladies. I’m coming through.
– 引起战争的红颜祸水这是要化妆给谁看 – 回家醒醒酒去吧
– Who’s the war paint for? – Go home and dry out.
相信我 你不需要为利奥费这个劲
You don’t need it for Leo, believe me.
他早已把你当做女神了
He already thinks you’re the original Miss Jesus.
– 你这又抽什么风 – 你又抽什么风
– What the hell’s the matter with you? – What’s the matter with you?
– 担心被人们猜透么 – 利奥就已经猜透了
– Afraid people might get the right idea? – Leo’s got the right idea.
我喜欢他 他诚实而且他心性纯良
I like him. He’s honest and he’s got a heart.
看来他们说的对 性格相反的人互相吸引
Then it’s true what they say…opposites attract.
– 帮我个忙 少管闲事 – 这就是我的事
– Do me a favor. Mind your own business. – This is my business.
恐吓孤苦无助的妇女是我的本职工作
Intimidating helpless women is part of what I do.
– 那就赶紧去找一个然后恐吓她去吧 – 利奥在楼上
– Then find one and intimidate her. -Leo’s upstairs…
正在谋划为了你而做一件蠢事
getting ready to shoot himself in the foot on your account.
– 我听不懂你在讲什么 – 他打算
– I don’t know what you’re talking about. – He’s gonna go to the mat…
为了保护你哥哥跟人开战 这会让他受到伤害
for your brother, and it’s gonna hurt him.
我不懂利奥生意上的事 但他是个大人了
I don’t know Leo’s business, but he’s a big boy.
– 他曾经是 – 你到底想要干嘛 汤姆
– He used to be. – Look, what do you want, Tom?
你要我假装我不在意伯尼身上发生的事
You want me to pretend I don’t care what happens to Bernie?
好吧 我就是关心 他是我哥哥 我不想看到他受到伤害
Well, I do. He’s my brother. I don’t want to see him get hurt.
如果利奥想要帮忙 我就让他帮 然后好好报答他
If Leo wants to help out, I’ll step out with him, show him a good time in return.
– 这里面可没有伤害 – 这种交易可是有个名头的
– There’s no harm in that. – There’s a name for that kind of business arrangement.
听好 我会尽我所能的保护伯尼
Look, I’ll do what I have to do to protect Bernie.
你没理由横加阻拦
There’s no reason for you to try and queer that.
不论你怎么想我 伯尼是个十分体面的人
Regardless of what you think about me, Bernie’s a decent guy.
– 一个正直的男人 嗯哼 一个“直男” – 是啊
– A straight shooter, huh? A square ”G.” – Yeah.
你就跟大家一样嘲笑他吧 反正那只是因为他与众不同
Sneer at him like everyone else, just because he’s different.
人们觉得他堕落 人们认为他是败类
People think he’s a degenerate. People think he’s scum.
– 他才不是 – 可怜的被误解的伯尼啊
– Well, he’s not. – Poor misunderstood Bernie.
这到底是怎么回事 汤姆
What is this about, Tom?
你想让我断绝跟利奥的往来 你干嘛不有话直说
You want me to stop seeing Leo? Why don’t you just say so?
我要你停止玩弄利奥 不再指挥他干这干那
I want you to quit spinning Leo in circles and pointing him where to go.
– 我忘记了 那是你的工作. – 我会做我能做的一切保护利奥
– I forgot. That’s your job. – I’ll do what I have to do to protect Leo.
我现在是礼貌地要求你 离他远点 我其实不必求你
I’m asking you politely. Leave him alone. I don’t have to ask.
如果我把我们昨晚的事告诉他 你的如意算盘马上就会落空
If I told him about our little dance last night, your pool would pretty soon dry up.
你也一样 我可不喜欢被人威胁
So would yours. I don’t like being threatened.
我不喜欢被当做蠢货耍 你这一套也许对利奥管用 但是对我不管用
I don’t like being taken for a sucker. That might work with Leo, but it don’t work with me.
你觉得昨晚的事只是为了我哥哥搞得阴谋
Do you think last night was just more campaigning for my brother?
我看到了可以被利用的机会
I can see the angles.
你知道 如果有市场收♥购♥小老太太
You know, if there was a market for little old ladies,
你马上就把伯恩邦奶奶给卖♥♥了
you’d have Grandma Bernbaum first in line.
– 你真是个可悲的酒鬼 – 而我爱你 天使
– You’re a pathetic drumhead. – And I love you, angel.
我猜你觉得你已经使出了狠招
I suppose you think you raised hell.
小妞 当我使出狠招的时候 你就该怕了
Sister, when I’ve raised hell, you’ll know it.
– 喂 – 拉扎尔想要你欠他的钱 现在就要
– Yeah. -Lazarre wants his money. He wants it now.
– 我还需要几天才行 – 是么 怎么回事
– I need a couple of days. – Yeah? How come is that?
– 因为我现在没有 – 好吧 你个骗子 我怎么知道你现在没有
– Because I don’t have it. – All right, welsher, how do I know you ain’t got it?
– 因为我说了没有 – 这个理由不够充分
– Because I say so. – That ain’t gonna be good enough.
– 那要怎样才够充分 – 拉扎尔不会高兴的
– What would be good enough? – Lazarre ain’t gonna like it one bit.
告诉拉扎尔 如果他不高兴 他可以派人过来打断我的腿
Tell Lazarre if he’s not happy, he can send someone over to break my legs.
我不会做任何反抗
I won’t squawk.
– 哈喽 伯尼 – 哈喽 汤姆
– Hello, Bernie. – Hello, Tom.
– 最近怎么样 – 请进 就像进自己家一样
– What’s the rumpus? -Come on in. Make yourself at home.
是啊 你不在家 所以我认为我只好自己进来了
Yeah, you weren’t here, so I thought I’d do that.
我并不想接电♥话♥ 我觉得
I didn’t want to answer the phone, though. I figured…
应该不是来找我的
it wasn’t for me.
我明白了 我要说重点 对吧
I get it. Get to the point, huh?
好吧 重点是 我是个好人
Okay. The point is, I’m a good guy.
今天我听很多人说过了
I’ve heard that from a lot of people today.
好人 很多朋友 就是这么回事
Good guy, lots of friends. That’s the way it works.
如果你能更欣赏我一点的话 也许你就不会在利奥面前兴风作浪
Maybe if you appreciated me a little more, you wouldn’t be making waves with Leo.
你现在这么做真是个糟糕的时机 现在我们两人都陷入困境
It’s a bad time to be doing that. Right now, we’re both in a jam.
我听说你欠人钱 手头很紧
I hear you’re on a bad streak. Short of funds.
而一个失心疯意大利佬对我不爽
Well, I got that crazy dago mad at me.
不要问我为什么 我只是个小人物
Don’t ask me why. I’m just a small-timer…
就像其他想过得好一点的小人物一样
trying to get by like everyone else.
我需要像你和利奥这样的朋友的帮助
I need help from my friends like Leo and you.
利奥得到了你妹妹 你会给我什么
Leo gets your sister. What are you selling me?
拜托 汤姆 事情根本不是那样的 这不是我的主意
Come on, Tom. It’s not like that at all. It wasn’t my idea.
她会跟任何人上♥床♥的 你知道这一点
She’ll sleep with anyone. You know that.
她甚至尝试教我床上技巧
She even tried to teach me a thing or two about bed artistry.
你能信么
Can you believe that?
我自己的妹妹
My own sister.
说什么从我朋友手里保护我的疯狂想法
Some crackpot idea about saving me from my friends.
她是个有病的变♥态♥ 这点没错
She’s a sick twist, all right.
– 她对你评价很高 – 是啊 人们总会护短的
– She speaks highly of you. – Yeah, well, you stick by your family.
重点是 我可以帮助你解决你的债务 如果这能使我们成为朋友的话
The point is, I can help you with your debts if that would make us friends.
我的座右铭是 “人不能拥有太多”
My motto is, ”A guy can’t have too many.”
周六有一笔大的进账 汤姆 你可以分一杯羹
Big payday Saturday, Tom. You could be in on it.
又一场事先安排好的拳赛 哪一句
Another fix? Which fight?
这个现在还是保密的 但是也不一定会持续保密下去
That’s confidential at the moment. But it doesn’t have to stay that way.
你是怎么知道这么多的
How come you know so much about it?
凯斯帕已经不再委托你来签单了
Caspar isn’t laying any more bets with you.
你一定已经把明科给拉下水了
You really must have Mink jumping through hoops.
就像我说的 人不能拥有太多
Like I say, you can’t have too many.
– 那我们就说好了 – 我会考虑一下的
– We got a deal? – I’ll think about it.
我希望你能接受我的建议
I wouldn’t want it any other way.
嘿 阿道夫
Hey, Adolph.
– 在你这我是有良好信用的吧 – 唔
– My credit still good with you? – Mmm.
给我押一百块在第三局的裁缝助手上
Give me a hundred across on Tailor Made in the third tonight.
– 拉扎尔不会高兴地 – 那就试试押五十块
– Lazarre won’t like it. – Try 50 across.
我会试试看的 这样你又多欠了他一百五十块
I’ll try. It’s another 150 you’ll owe him.
– 只有当我输了的话才是 阿道夫 – 汤米 你最近的运气
– Only if I lose, Adolph. – Tommy, the way you’re going…
– 嘿 马有膝盖吗 – 我不知道 好像叫球节吧
– Hey, horses got knees? – I don’t know. Fetlocks.
不过 如果我是一只马 我就弯下我的球节下跪祈祷 你不会把赌注押在我身上
Well, if I was a horse, I’d be down on my fetlocks praying you don’t bet on me.
– 滚开 臭小子 – 去死 大猩猩
– Drift, small guy. – Drop dead, ape.
别这样 汤姆 老板想要见你
Come on, Tom. Boss wants to see ya.
他可都没有时间安排正式的会面
He didn’t have time to engrave nothing formal.
[意大利语]
你什么意思 他吃得太多了 那该死的医生又懂什么
What you mean, he’s eating too much? What’s the goddamn doctor know?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章薇塔与弗吉尼亚
下一篇文章狗镇
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!