他 呃 他走了
He, uh… He left.
– 他说去哪儿了么 – 没说
– He say where to? – He didn’t say.
– 你 – 谢谢
– You – Thanks.
– 那个家伙想要干什么 – 我不知道
– What’s that potato-eater up to? – Beats me.
– 那是伯尼的妹妹 不是么 – 问倒我了
– That’s Bernie’s sister, ain’t it? – Beats me.
– 他见她做什么 – 不知道啊 可能
– What’s he seeing her for? – Beats me. Maybe…
闭嘴 滚
Shut up. Get lost.
我要看看她住哪儿
I’ll see where the twist flops.
你知道我是谁么
You know who I am?
知道 约翰·凯斯帕的影子 怎么 他今天卧病在床了么
Yeah, Johnny Caspar’s shadow. What, did he stay in bed today?
天啊 我一张嘴 这世界都变得美好了
Jesus. I open my mouth, the whole world turns smart.
– 你是利奥的女人 对吧 – 我和利奥已经结束了
– You’re Leo’s twist, right? – Me and Leo are through.
是么 所以你现在跟着汤姆了
Yeah? So you’re slutting around with Tom now, huh?
你滚出去
You get outta here.
好的 待会儿见
Okay. See you later.
在我走之前 告诉我 你男朋友到底有什么打算
Before I go, what’s your boyfriend up to?
– 我什么都不知道 – 是么
– Nothing I know about. – Yeah?
我真是不能理解
That doesn’t figure for me…
你甩了利奥 跟一个打死你兄弟的人在一起了
you dumping Leo for the guy who put a bullet in your brother.
他没告诉你
He didn’t tell you. Aww.
放开她 艾迪
Spin her, Eddie.
– 你是利奥的人 – 是的 他让我们照看她
– You Leo’s? – Yeah. He wanted her looked-out for.
你们干得不错 我会告诉他的
Well, you did a bang-up job. I’ll be sure to tell him.
– 利奥在哪 – 如果我告诉你 我怎么知道你不会杀我
– Where’s Leo? – If I tell you, how do I know you won’t kill me?
因为如果你告诉我 我就杀了你 等我发现你是骗我的时候 我就没法杀你了
Because if you told me and I killed you and you were lying, I wouldn’t get to kill you then.
– 利奥在哪儿 – 他一直在换地方
– Where’s Leo? – He’s moving around.
– 明天晚上他会和手下聚集在维斯基·尼克酒馆 – 你确定
– He’s getting his mob together tomorrow at Whiskey Nick’s. – You sure?
去查好了 绝对是真的
Check it. It’s gold.
你知道么 混♥蛋♥ 我相信你
You know what, egg? I believe you.
直接跑吧 小甜心
Go ahead and run, sweetie.
我会把你们这帮婊♥子♥都找出来
I’ll track down all of you whores.
你好 伯尼 进来吧 别客气
Hello, Bernie. Come on in. Make yourself at home.
你好 汤姆
Hello, Tom.
我以为你不在家 就自己进来了
I thought I’d do that, since you didn’t seem to be in.
既然我本来应该是个死人 等在走廊就太不合适了
Figured it was a bad idea to wait in the hall, seeing as I’m supposed to be dead.
你怎么知道是我
How’d you know it was me?
你是我认识的唯一一个不敲门就自己进来的人
You’re the only one I know who’d knock and then break in.
你的其他朋友不会闯进来
Your other friends wouldn’t break in?
其他的朋友都想杀了我 所以他们不会敲门
My other friends want to kill me, so they wouldn’t knock.
你在想什么呢 伯尼
What’s on your mind. Bernie?
事情
Things.
我猜你一定很生气 我本该远走高飞的
I guess you must be angry. I’m supposed to be gone far away.
我觉得我出现在这里好像有点不负责任
I guess it seems sort of irresponsible, my being here.
我本来是要走的 真的
And I was gonna leave. Honest, I was.
然后我就在想
But then I started thinking…
如果我留下来 可能对你不利
if I stuck around, that would not be good for you.
然后我又想
Then I started thinking that…
对我来说可能还不错
that might not be bad for me.
你可能不了解你留给我的烂摊子
You didn’t see the play you gave me.
我的意思是 我能做什么呢
I mean, what am I gonna do?
如果我离开的话 我就什么都没有了
If I leave, I got nothing.
没钱 没朋友 一无所有
No money, no friends, nothing.
如果我留下来 我还有你
If I stay, I got you.
要是有人发现我还活着 那你就死定了 所以
Anyone finds out I’m alive, you’re dead, so…
我有 我还有你 汤米
I got…I got you, Tommy.
怎么了 没什么俏皮话可说了么
What’s the matter? You got nothing to crack wise about?
伯尼不再有趣了么
Bernie ain’t so funny anymore?
我觉得我那天像个蠢货一样
I guess I made kind of a fool of myself out there…
像个娘们儿一样大喊大叫 放声痛哭
bawling away like a twist.
我想
I guess…
我想我是吓破胆了吧
I guess I turned yellow.
– 你没告诉别人吧 – 没有
– You didn’t tell anyone about that? – No.
当然了 你自己清楚
Of course, you know about it.
那是段痛苦的回忆
It’s a painful memory…
但我总是想起你告发了我
and I can’t help remembering that you put the finger on me,
你把我带到那儿 要做掉我
and you took me out there to whack me.
我知道 你没有下手 我知道
I know… you didn’t. I know.
你没有开枪打我 但是
You didn’t shoot me, but…
但是我最近为你做什么了
But what have I done for you lately?
别挖苦我
Don’t smart me.
了解么 我就是想看你受苦
See, I want to watch you squirm.
我想看你多少紧张一下
I want to see you sweat a little.
当你挖苦我的时候
And when you smart me…
一切都被破坏了
it ruins it.
还有另外一件事
There’s one other thing I want.
我想让约翰·凯斯帕死
I want to see Johnny Caspar cold and stiff.
这是你要为你的朋友伯尼做的
That’s what you’ll do for your friend Bernie.
这段期间 我不会露脸
In the meantime, I’ll stay out of sight.
但是如果凯斯帕几天之后还是活着的话
But if Caspar ain’t stiff in a couple of days…
那我就会去饭店吃饭了
I start eating in restaurants.
你真逗 汤米
You make me laugh, Tommy.
你会感冒的 那你对我就没什么用了
You’re gonna catch cold. Then you’re no good to me.
如果你抓住我了 你会怎么对我呢
What were you gonna do if you caught me?
我哀嚎两声 你又会放我走
I’d just squirt a few, and then you’d let me go again.
你好 泰德 酒吧生意怎么样
Hello, Tad. How’s the club holding up?
没有你我们也能勉强应付
We’re managing to squeak by without you.
弄到欠拉扎尔的钱了没有
Got Lazarre’s money?
没有
No.
既然你背叛了 你就不应该出现在这儿了
You’re not supposed to be here since you turned rat.
放轻松 泰德 利奥不在吧
Relax, Tad. Leo isn’t around, is he?
过去几天你有没有在周六的高赔率赛压了大注
Last couple of days you booked any heavy bets on a long shot at Saturday’s fights?
凭什么告诉你
Why the hell should I tell you?
事实是 泰德 没有任何理由
The truth is, Tad, no reason on Earth.
周六的比赛
Saturday’s fights?
强森昨天下注两千
Drop Johnson put two grand on one yesterday…
在水手瑞思身上 垫场赛 水平不高
on Sailor Reese, an under card bum.
强森 他经常从你这儿下注
Drop Johnson. He play your book much?
开玩笑么 我甚至都不知道他会算数
Are you kidding? I didn’t even know he could count.
天啊 你把他们带来的
Jesus. You bring them with you?
你好 布莱恩 还辛苦奋战呢
Hello, Brian. Still fighting the good fight?
你好 汤姆 无论下雨 刮风 或下雪
Hello, Tom. Neither rain nor wind nor snow.
那是邮差 欧杜在这么
That’s the mailman. O’Doole here?
你好 欧杜 你看起来不高兴啊
Hello, O’Doole. You don’t look happy.
看这一团糟
Look at this mess.
又要破费了 我都不知道该笑该哭了
Gutting the golden calf again. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.
是啊 是挺让人困惑的 你认识一个叫强森的家伙么
Yeah, it’s awful confusing. You know a yegg named Drop Johnson?
– 我们修理过他几次 – 他住在哪儿呢
– We spanked him a couple of times. – Where does he flop?
终点宾馆 海湾街
Terminal Hotel, Bay Street.
天啊 因为我是这片儿的警♥察♥长 没有人问我
Jesus! Look, don’t nobody ask me since I’m just the chief around here,
但我还是要告诉你我的看法
but I’ll tell you my opinion.
凯斯帕和利奥一样疯狂 没眼力见地讨价还价
Caspar is just as crazy as Leo, and an “eye-tie” into the bargain.
怎么了 欧杜 就没有让你满意的
What’s the matter, O’Doole? Doesn’t anything ever suit you?
上车 汤姆 我们一直在找你
Hop in, Tom. We been lookin’ for you.
– 我很忙 – 那也上来吧
– I’m busy. – Hop in anyway.
你不能绑♥架♥我 嘀嗒 我们是一伙的
You can’t hijack me, Tic-Tac. We’re on the same side now.
在学校时没人教你么
Or didn’t you get that far in school?
你的嘴怎么了
How’d you get the fat lip?
– 以前受的伤 靠近傻瓜时就会复发 – 真是机智
– Old war wound. Acts up around morons. – Very smart.
你在酒吧做什么 跟利奥商议什么事情
What were you doing at the club, talking things over with Leo?
别费力想这么多 艾迪 脑子会坏的
Don’t think so hard, Eddie. You might sprain something.
你真♥他♥妈♥的太聪明了
You are so goddamn smart.
但你其实不聪明
Except you ain’t.
我知道你到底是什么样的人 聪明的家伙
I get you, smart guy. I know what you are.
直得跟个开塞钻子似的
Straight as a corkscrew.
叛徒
Mr. Inside Out-ski,
就像那些该死的布尔什维克主义者 从中心获得命令
like some goddamn Bolshevik picking up his orders from Yegg Central.
你觉得你很聪明
You think you’re so goddamn smart.
你投靠约翰·凯斯帕
You join up Johnny Caspar,
杀了伯尼·伯恩邦
you bump Bernie Bernbaum.
上就是下 黑就是白
Up is down. Black is white.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章薇塔与弗吉尼亚
下一篇文章狗镇
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!