Adultery? Why the fuck does it matter?
你们几个都是18岁
You’re all 18.
这种老年人的道德标准关你们什么事
Where is this old person morality coming from?
18岁的时候是谈不上什么出轨的
There’s no cheating when you’re 18.
我们就该每时每刻都在互相摸来摸去啊
You should all be touching each other all the time’
你们有没有过这种感觉 在开车旅行时…
Do you ever get that feeling when you’re on a car trip…
永远都到不了目的地
that you never want to get where you’re going?
也希望这永远不会结束
That you never want it to end?
妮可
Nicolette!
你♥他♥妈♥的吓死我了
You fuckin’ scared the shit out of me!
亲爱的 我…刚才很舒服
Sweetie, I… It feels nice.
我是说 我在开车 我不能…现在不行
I mean, I’m driving, I can’t… I can’t right now.
他该跟你在一起的 而不是那个哥特家庭妇女
You should be with him, not that goth housewife,
不 他先认识了我 还是选了她
No, He knew me and he chose her,
只是因为你允许了
Only because you let him.
对你想要的东西 你要追求到底
You have to chase down the things that you want.
我觉得还是算了吧
I was just gonna let it go,
有时候我不知道你到底是个禅师呢
Sometimes I don’t know if you’re a Zen master
还是个反♥社♥会♥
or a sociopath.
我只是个正常人
I’m just normal,
能抓一下脖子吗
Can you stay on the neck?
那里
Like that?
我会给他来一次终身难忘的后背按♥摩♥
I’ll give him a backrub he won’t soon forget.
你看 你真是毫不在意呢
See, you don’t give a shit, do you?
我很高兴你站在我这边
I’m so glad you’re on my team,
到那时为止 所有那些
The very things that had worked
麦朵打理得妥妥帖帖的事…
so well for Meadow, up until then…
开始分崩离析 消失不见
had started turning and fading.
她没有别的技能
She had no other skills,
来在这个世界生存
no other way of dealing with the world.
在一瞬间 她的迷人突然变成了
In one instant her behaviors turned from charming
边缘性歇斯底里
to borderline hysteria.
人们可以感到她即将面对的失败
People could feel Her failure coming;
她闻上去有腐臭的味道
She smelled o! Something rotten.
她的青春已死
Her youth had died
所做的只是拖着腐臭的尸体奔波
and she was dragging around the decaying carcass.
不知为何 我成了那个抬棺材的人
I had somehow become the pallbearer.
我想找麦米•克莱尔的地址
I’m trying to find Mamie Claire’s address,
她改随夫姓了
Does she have a different last name?
我还记得她家什么样子 就像照片一样
I have a visual memory of it. It’s kind of photographic.
噢 你以前来过
Oh, you’ve been here?
我以前跟踪他们来过这一次
Well, I kind of stalked them once.
我当时特生气
I was so pissed,
是 就这幢
Yep. This is it.
噢 大家一起么
Oh, we’re all going?
行 看上去像一群疯子 但或许是好事
Okay, we look crazy, but maybe that’s good,
有事吗
Can I help you?
你好 我想问麦米•克莱尔或者迪伦在家吗
Hi, yes, I was wondering, is Mamie Claire or Dylan in?
-我是他们的老朋友 -找错地方了
-I’m an old friend. -Wrong house.
噢 她家是哪一幢
Oh. Which is their house?
我不是本地人 我从纽约来的
I don’t come here, I live in New York.
我带你们去
I’ll lake you there.
你们在那等一下
You guys just wait there.
哈洛
Harold?
我昨晚在做什么你知道么
What do you think I was doing last night?
不知道啊 哈洛 看未成年毛♥片♥么
I don’t know, Harold. Watching kiddie porn?
我听见你和你老公大声嚷嚷
I was listening to you and your husband shout,
让我没法睡觉
and I was not sleeping,
真不好意思啊 打搅你看未成年毛♥片♥了
So sorry we interrupted your kiddie porn.
我是儿科医生
I’m a pediatrician,
那是当然
Obviously.
下次再听到那么大的声音
Next time I hear decibel levels like that,
我会报♥警♥的
I’m calling the cops.
说到做到
That is a promise,
她家就是这
This is the house,
你好啊
Hello!
你来这干嘛 这些人都是谁
What are you doing here? Who are these people?
崔茜的妈妈要跟我爸结婚了
Tracy’s mom is marrying my dad,
托尼负责开车 妮可负责吃醋
Tony drove, Nicolette is jealous,
-嗨 我叫崔茜 -嗨 我叫麦米•克莱尔
-Hi, I’m Tracy. -Hi, Mamie Claire.
-我是妮可 -我是麦米•克莱尔
-Nicolette. -Mamie Claire.
我叫托尼
I’m Tony.
等等 你不用开口 我知道你叫麦米•克莱尔
Wail, don’t tell me, Mamie Claire.
我以为我们互不理睬了
I thought we weren’t speaking,
是 我想做出改变
Right, I want to change that.
我有件事真的特别想
And I have something that I really need
告你你和迪伦
to talk to you and Dylan about,
-迪伦不在家 -他去哪了
-Dylan’s not here, -Where is he?
他在一个退休社区中心当志愿者
He volunteers at a retirement community,
我现在正在忙
I’m in the middle of something
这是我们几个的事 类似于派对
that’s this thing we do, It’s like a party.
没关系啊
That’s okay,
轮不到你来说”没关系”
“It’s not for you to say okay.”
要说也是我来说
it’s for me to say okay.
我们回车里等
We’ll wait in the car,
不行 这太奇怪了
No, that’s weird.
在车里等很正常的
People wail in cars,
你和你的跟班可以在厨房♥等着
You and your posse can hang out in the kitchen,
好极
Great!
福克纳对语言的使用
Faulkner uses language
好比现代派画家对颜料的使用
the way the Modernist painters were using paint.
探索单词的真实性
Exploring the reality of words,
或者是颜料
or paint itself,
只有福克纳在他笔下的人物…
Only Faulkner was interested in how this happens…
试图互相交流时
while his characters
对一切发生的原因感兴趣
are actually trying to communicate,
我靠 这些孕妇
Holy shit, these pregnant women
超聪明啊
are super smart,
不知道你们饿了没有
I don’t know if you’re hungry,
饿了可以吃这些
but this is for if you’re hungry.
你家真漂亮啊
This place is amazing.
谢谢
Thank you.
真♥他♥妈♥的太漂亮了
It’s really fucking nice.
谢谢
Thank you,
你介意我们一起参与讨论吗
Would it be okay if we sat in on your discussion?
可以啊
Uh, yeah, I guess.
这礼拜讨论的书是福克纳的《村子》
This week’s book is Faulkner’s The Hamlet.
之后是一本雅克•德里达的
Followed by a kind of junky biography
毫无价值的传记 但挺有意思的
of Derrida, but it’s fun.
好棒
Awesome,
看这啊
Look at this,
她因为划船比赛被塔夫茨大学录取了
“Apparently, she got recruited by Tufts for crew.”
然后去上了大学以后她再没参加过
and then went but never did it.
她就是这种人
I mean, that’s the kind of person she is,
狡猾奸诈
just sly and shitty.
如果能这样那我也会这么做 我体育很差
I would do that if I could, I wasn’t good at sports,
是啊 我也会
Yeah, I would too,
但这不会是我的性格组成
but it wouldn’t be like my character,
只是偶然做出的一件事而已
It would just be something I did.
什么时候这变成同一回事了
When does that become the same thing?
我不知道
I don’t Know.
你看起来真美
You look amazing.
这些小孩跟着你做什么
Why are all these kids with you?
他们才不是小孩 如果他们是小孩 那我们也是
They aren’t kids. If they’re kids, we are,
我是合伙人 马上也会是她妹妹
I’m an associate and her almost-sister,
我真的要跟你谈谈
I really need to talk to you,
行 你觉得要跟我谈多久 因为…
Okay, how long do you think you’ll need with me, because…
你觉得迪伦还要多久
How long do you think Dylan will be giving back
从那老人院回来
at the old folks’ home?
我想跟他也谈谈
I’d also like to talk with him,
我们俩都很忙

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!