她会这样说
She would say things like,
“每个故事难道不都是关于背叛的吗”
“Isn’t every story a story of betrayal?”
“不 不是这样的”我想
“No, that’s not true,” I thought.
但我绝不会说出口 我只能对她表示赞同
But I could never say that. I could only agree with her.
赞同她 是件多有趣的事啊
It was too much fun to agree with her.
我在睡觉 把灯关掉
I was sleeping. Turn that off!
对不起
Sorry.
美国女主人
Mistress America
我是你室友
I’m your roommate,
我叫劳拉 准备去旅行…
My name is Laura and I’m going on safari…
要带的东西有 嘉丽的是一辆车…
and I’m bringing with me a car for Carrie…
擀面杖 是露丝的…
a rolling pin, Ruth…
一个大口罐 是朱曼的…
a jar for Juman…
还有…
and a…
呃…该死
Uh… Shit!
崔茜的是跟踪装置
A tracking device for Tracy,
对 崔茜的是一个跟踪装置…
Right, a tracking device for Tracy…
然后我 劳拉 带一个打火机
and a lighter for me, Laura.
你不去参加新生会吗
Aren’t you coming to convocation?
那破玩意你竟然去啊
You’re going to that shit?
去啊 难道不是大家都去吗
Yeah, isn’t everyone?
我觉得没人会去
I don’t think anyone is going.
除了强♥奸♥犯
Except rapists.
什么 为什么强♥奸♥犯会去
What? Why rapists?
或者基♥督♥徒 或者家庭教育出身的小孩
Or Christians and home-schooled kids.
其他人都不会去的
Nobody really goes.
我以为只是个点蜡烛的纪念仪式
I think it’s just a candle-lighting ceremony,
这些事你怎么全知道
How do you already know all this stuff?
学期还没开始呢
School hasn’t even started yet.
这是一个开始
This is a starting point.
大学的意义就在于此
This is what college is for,
我们要教给大家的是写作和思考
We’re here to teach you to write and think.
只得了B 烦人
A “B”? That’s so annoying,
我有拖延症
I have trouble with procrastinating,
你有没有考虑过…
Did you ever think of…
准时交作业就好了
just getting your work in on time?
是 我考虑过的 但办起来有点困难
Yes, I have thought of that. I have trouble doing it.
或许你应该更努力点
Maybe you want to try a little harder,
行啊 谢了
Okay. Thanks.
更努力点 我尽力
Harder. I’ll try that.
提起文艺复兴的时候
What comes to mind
你首先想到的是什么
when you think of the Renaissance?
我觉得文艺复兴
I think of the Renaissance
是很华丽的 比如有很多的天鹅绒…
as being very plush, like a lot of velvet…
镶嵌着珠宝 锦缎之类的
inlaid with jewels, brocades, that kind of thing,
谢谢你
Thank you.
我问的其实是文学
I was actually asking about literature,
但你的回答挺可爱
but that was very nice.
嘿 派对是在走廊尽头吗
Hey, um, is the party at the end of the hall?
你收到了邀请么
Did you get an invitation?

No.
那就没派对
Then, no.
她逗你呢 是 派对就在走道尽头
She’s being a bitch. Yes, it’s right down the hall.
我可以是身处任何地方
I could be anywhere.
甚至都感觉不像是在纽约
It doesn’t even feel like New York,
而且在试图参与其中之后
And by trying to participate,
我甚至变得更加不合群了
I’m somehow not fitting in even less,
你在课上没有认识新朋友吗
Aren’t you meeting friends in classes?
妈 没人在课上交朋友的
Mom, nobody meets friends in classes.
噢好吧 这我不知道
Oh, okay. I didn’t know.
你明白那种感觉吧 就是在一个派对上
You know the feeling of being at a party
你一个人都不认识
where you don’t know anybody?
这里整天都是这种感觉
It’s like that the whole time,
听上去是不太舒服啊
That sounds uncomfortable.
你收到我的电邮了吗
Did you get my email?
我发了你要念的东西 你喜欢吗
With the reading? Do you like it?
我喜欢
I liked it,
我觉得莎士比亚说的东西
I think there’s a darker element
都有些黑暗面 但我喜欢
to what Shakespeare’s saying, but I liked it.
会是感恩节的周末
It’s Thanksgiving weekend,
我们会有个家庭内部的彩排晚餐
“so we’ll have a built-in rehearsal dinner.”
礼拜四在家里
on Thursday at the house,

Right,
这是我们两家人
It’ll be the first time the two families
第一次聚在一起
are all in the same room,
噢 斯蒂维
Oh, Stevie.
噢 崔茜
Oh, Trace.
你知道很长时间以来我都过得不开心
You know I was very unhappy for a very long time.
但我还是很高兴你♥爸♥和我…
But I’m glad your dad and I stayed together…
在你和你哥高中毕业之后才离的婚
till you and your brother were out of school.
我当时还没毕业呢
I was not out of school. You broke up
你们离婚的时候我才高三
when I was a junior in high school.
反正是你快要毕业的时候吧
On your way out of the home.
妈 我爱你 别担心
I love you, Mom. Don’t be worried.
我知道 宝贝女儿
I know, honey.
所以你念完之后
So after you do that,
布鲁克会念一首她自己写的诗
Brooke will read a poem that she’s written.
你该给布鲁克打个电♥话♥ 她也在纽约的
You should call Brooke. She’s in New York, you know.
我实在不擅长给陌生人打电♥话♥
I’m so bad at calling people I don’t know.
我听说她很好玩的
I hear she’s fun,
她差不多30了
She’s, like, 30,
住在纽约 有自己的生活
and living in New York with a life.
她不会想要一个跟自己几乎没亲缘关系的
She doesn’t need to hear from an 18-year-old
18岁女学生来找自己玩
she’s tenuously connected to.
她以后就是你姐姐了
She’s going to be your sister,
我觉得这可不是没亲缘关系啊
that doesn’t sound tenuous to me.
你们会有很多话题可聊的
And you have plenty to talk about,
在婚礼上你们都要致辞啊
you’re both doing readings at our wedding.
好棒哦
Aces!
你根本就没讽刺能力 别装了
You aren’t sarcastic, don’t pretend to be.
好吧
Okay.
没有什么能凌驾于法律之上 这才是重点
Nothing’s higher than the law. That’s the whole point.
安提戈涅认为她凌驾于法律之上
Antigone thinks she’s above the law,
但她并不是
but she’s not,
就好比一个名人他出了车祸
Like, a celebrity in a car crash or something.
这说法很有意思 妮可 说得不错
That’s really interesting, Nicolette, It’s great.
你继续念吧
Why don’t you continue with the reading?
“因为向我宣布这法令的不是宙斯…”
“Because it was not Zeus who ordered it…”
“那和下界神同住的正义之神”
“nor Justice, dweller with the Nether gods,”
“也没有为凡人制定这样的法令”
“gave such a law to men.”

Hey.
-“我不认为一个凡人” -醒醒
“-Nor did I deem your ordinance. -Psst.
“下一道命令就能…”
“of so much binding force…”
“废除天神制定的”
“was that a mortal man could overhear”
“永恒不变的不成文律条”
“the unchangeable unwritten code of heaven,.”
“它的存在不限于今日和昨日”
“This is not of today and yesterday.”
刚才多亏了你啊 把我叫醒
That was really nice of you, waking me up.
在一个只有12个人
Takes a lot of moxie
的课上睡着还是挺需要胆量的
to fall asleep in a 12-person class.
谢了 胆量 我喜欢
Thanks. I like moxie.
这感觉我懂的
I get it.
我很感激自己能来这上学
It’s like, I’m so grateful to be here,
但我的父母贷了款付学费…
but why are my parents taking out loans…
就是让我来听那个18岁的小混♥蛋♥胡说吗
for me to listen to that 18-year-old asshole talk?
到处都需要贷款
Loans everywhere,
我去买♥♥冻酸奶吃 你一起吗
I was gonna get frozen yogurt, wanna come?
可以啊 但…
Yes, but…
我五点钟还有别的地方要去
Well, I have to get somewhere by 5:00.
哪里
Where?
呃…有点丢人的
Uh… It’s embarrassing.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!