I heard the Giants
不是 巨人队想要韦纳夫罗
No, the Giants want Venafro.
我跟他们说可以拿迈克尔森来换
I told them can have him for Michaelson.
-安德森 -但我更想和你交易
– Anderson. – But I’d rather deal with you.
你可以给我艾克顿加二十二万五千现金
You can give me Eckerton and $225,000 in cash,
巨人队做不到
and the Giants can’t.
我考虑一下
I’ll think about it.
考虑吧
Think about it.
但是谁先打我电♥话♥ 谁先得到韦纳夫罗
But whoever calls me back first gets Venafro.
肖特挂电♥话♥了
Schott hung up.
我想要林孔
Oh, I want this one.
怎么没人回电♥话♥
Why isn’t anybody calling?
夏皮罗在2号♥线
Shapiro’s on 2.
怎么样
Yeah?
好 我先请示一下老板
Okay, let me talk to my owner.
再回你电♥话♥
I’ll call you back.
帮我接史蒂夫
Get Steve on the phone.
打给肖特还是菲利普
Schott or Phillips?
干嘛要打给菲利普
Why would we call Phillips?
等菲利普打给我们
Phillips has gotta call us.
跟他说我正在通电♥话♥
Tell him I’m on the other line.
肖特先生 我是皮特·布兰德
Hi, Mr. Schott, it’s Peter Brand.
很抱歉之前让您久等
I apologize for putting you on hold earlier.
比利要我打给您 他正在通电♥话♥
Billy asked me to call you back, he’s on the other line.
跟他说我们想出二十二万五千买♥♥林孔
Tell him we want 225,000 for Rincon.
比利说他想用二十二万五千买♥♥里卡多·林孔
Billy says he needs $225,000 for Ricardo Rincon.
拜托了
Please.
是 我在句尾加了”拜托”
Yes, I added the “Please” at the end.
好 让我… 请稍等片刻
Okay. Let me- Hold on one second, please.
跟他说我自己买♥♥他
Tell him I’ll pay for him.
但明年我翻倍出♥售♥他的时候
But when I sell him back for twice the amount next year,
钱归我
I keep the money.
比利说他自掏腰包买♥♥林孔
Okay, so Billy says he’ll pay for Rincon himself.
但明年转卖♥♥他的差价
But when he sells him for more money next year,
利润也归他
he’s keeping the profit.
不胜感激 我们会再打给你
Thank you very much. We’ll call you back. Thank you.
成了 成了
Come on. Come on.
苏珊娜 接一下夏皮罗·巴…
Suzanne, call Shapiro ba-
算了 我自己打
Never mind, I got him right here.
马克
Mark. Yeah.
我不想让林孔今晚还跟我对阵
Listen, I don’t want Rincon pitching against me tonight.
让他换了队服过来
Tell him to change clothes and send him over.
钱马上给你
I got you the money.

Yup.
好极了
Great.
我不是泼冷水啊
I don’t wanna dampen the mood at all,
但我们签了林孔的话
but since we picked up Rincon…
就得让一个球员离开
We gotta send someone down.
-梅格斯 -比利
– Mags. – Hey, Billy.
我明白我最近有点伤病
I know I’ve been struggling lately.
但到了后半个赛季
But second half of the season,
就能康复 我跟里基…
definitely turn it around. Ricky and I-
迈克 别换衣服了
Mike, I need you to stop getting dressed.
把我交易了吗
Traded?
很抱歉告诉你这个不幸的消息
I’m sorry for the crap news.
我知道不好受
I know it hurts.
迈克 更衣室里容不下二十六个人
Mike, I can’t have 26 guys in the clubhouse.
我懂了 我懂
I get it. I get it.
谢谢
Okay. Thanks.
里卡多
Hey, Ricardo.
有点出乎意料吧
This must be a bit of a shock, I guess.
马布里将球击向右中外野
Mabry hits one deep to right-center field.
回跑本垒 菲克没接到球
Racing back, Fick can’t get it.
球弹向外墙 得一分 得两分
It bounces to the wall. One run is in. Two runs are in.
马布里这次击球让运动家队领先了
Mabry, on one pitch, has shot the A’s in front.
裁判判为三振 运动家队获得十二场连胜
Strike three called. Twelve straight wins for the Athletics.
连胜
狭路相逢勇者胜
Man alive, was it hairy.
奥克兰运动家队最近表现太神奇了
Something strange is now happening in Oakland.
这是有目共睹的 连胜十二场
You cannot argue that point. Twelve straight.
他们开了美国联盟一个大玩笑
They’re making a joke out of the American League.
他们今天在底特律…
They were in Detroit today-
将球扔回一垒
He throws to first.
他们创造了十四场的连胜纪录
And that’s the sound of 14 straight victories.
十四场 年度最长连胜纪录
Fourteen, the longest run this year.
这将运动家队带上了西部联赛的首位
It has slingshot the A’s into first in the AL West.
这支球队曾不值一文
This team was written off.
不然你怎么解释
How do you explain, otherwise,
他们这样一直连胜呢
the victories they’ve come up with?
奥克兰运动家队将迎来第十六场连胜
The Oakland A’s are gonna win 16 consecutive games.
这是25年来棒球联赛中最长的连胜纪录
This is the longest win streak in baseball, folks, in 25 years.
运动家队连胜十六场
The A’s have won 16 in a row.
我们要向二十场冲刺
We’re going to 20! We’re going to 20!
能连胜这么多场
To have a winning streak of anything like this duration,
你必需得有实力
you have to be good,
但也需要点运气
but there’s an element of randomness to it.
1927年纽约洋基的 鲁思 戈里格 杀手打线,
The 1927 Yankees, Ruth, Gehrig, Murderers’ Row,
至今还有人说他们是永远的梦幻之队
some people still say the best team ever.
他们最长的连胜纪录也不过九场
Longest winning streak for them that year? Nine.
你们想根据数据分♥析♥出结果
You guys try to analyze it from a numbers standpoint.
告诉你们
I’m telling you,
那根本无法解释现状
there is no explanation for what’s occurring right now.
你们是有神灵相助吗
Do you have superstitions going on?
你们是靠装神弄鬼才保持连胜吗
Do you do things so you keep the streak alive?
二十场连胜纪录也许不再是痴人说梦
The all-time record of 20 does not seem impossible anymore.
运动家队登上了纽♥约♥时♥报♥头条
The A’s were on page one of the New York Times.
他们是美国体育的传奇
They are the story in sports in this entire country.
投球两好两坏 快看
Two-two pitch, here it is.
击空 三振出局 连胜十七场
Swing and a miss! Struck him out! Number 17!
71年之后
It’s taken 71 years.
运动家队在奥克兰平了他们在费城的记录
The Oakland A’s have tied the Philadelphia A’s.
十七场连胜是他们球队的历史记录
The all-time franchise record 17 straight
也是棒球界自1953年之后最长的连胜记录
and baseball’s longest winning streak since 1953.
运动家队再胜两场
The A’s are two wins away
就能平了美国联盟的连胜纪录
from tying the American League record.
本垒打 本垒打
It’s gone! It’s gone!
特谢达赢了 难以置信
Tejada wins it! Do you believe it?
十八场连胜
Eighteen wins in a row!
就算再给你一百次机会
You could replay these 18 games a hundred times over.
也没人可以重演十八场连胜的神话
And nobody wins 18 straight again.
这颠覆了我们对棒球的认识
It defies everything we know about baseball.
我们要连胜到底
最近四天 棒球场上发生了
The most amazing thing you could imagine
你永远无法想像的事
happened over the last four days at the Coliseum.
特谢达将球击向外野 十九场连胜
Tejada, up the middle. The A’s have won 19 in a row!
十九连胜 特谢达最牛
1906年的芝加哥白袜队
The 1906 White Sox,
1947年的纽约洋基队不再寂寞了
the 1947 New York Yankees have company.
十九场连胜纪录
Nineteen in a row.
这是运动家队的天命
The A’s have a date with destiny.
他们的目标是美国联盟的记录
They’re going for the all-time American League record,
二十场连胜
20 games in a row.
运动家队冲向二十场
我们相信你
2002年9月4日
二十场了 记录将延续至二十场
We’re going to 20! We’re gonna take the AL record to 20, baby!
皮特 别告诉我比分
Don’t tell me the score, Pete.
比利 是我
No, Billy, it’s me.
-莎伦吗 -是
– Sharon? – Yeah.
-方便说话吗 -什么事
– You have a second? – Yeah, what’s up?
我没想到你会接电♥话♥
Well, I didn’t actually expect you to pick up.
我还准备留言呢
I was gonna leave a message.
我和凯西在家正看着比赛
Casey and I, we’re here and watching the game at home.
我只是想说

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!