For as much as it has pleased Almighty God of his great mercy,
因为它使全能的上帝大发慈悲
to take unto himself the soul of our dear brother here departed…
把我们亲爱的兄弟的灵魂带走
…we therefore commit his body to the ground…
因此,我们把他的尸体埋在地上
…earth to earth,
土归土
ashes to ashes…
化为灰烬
…dust to dust.
尘归尘
So sorry, my dear Mrs Henderson.
太遗憾了,亲爱的亨德森夫人
Your husband was a great friend to my country.
您丈夫是我们国家的伟大朋友
That’s so kind of you.
您太客气了
Please join us at the house for a small luncheon in his honour.
希望您下午来府上参加悼念聚会
Thank you so much, Leslie… but I think I’ll take my own car.
非常感谢,莱斯利 我还是想坐我自己的车
Madam.
夫人
I know that Robert would want me to be available to help you in any way.
我知道,罗伯特希望我能帮助你 在各个方面
Thank you so much.
太感谢了
He was an estimable man. Yes. Yes.
…他是个卓绝的人 …是的,是的
And a very dangerous business competitor.
也是一个非常危险的生意对手
Yes.
…是的
Oh. Please.

Excuse me.
抱歉
I am bored with widowhood.
我厌倦了当一个寡妇!
My dear, you’ve just scratched the surface.
你这才只是个开始!
I have to smile at everybody. I’ve never had to do that.
我必须对所有的人保持微笑 我从来不喜欢对任何人微笑!
In India, there were always people to look down on.
在印度,总有人瞧不起人
People are simply being sympathetic.
大家只是表示同情而已
After all, you have lost your husband.
毕竟你没了丈夫
I didn’t mislay him.
不,我不是弱者
It was most inconsiderate of Robert to die.
罗伯特死了一切顺其自然
What on earth am I supposed to do now?
我现在究竟能做什么?
The first rule of widowhood, my dear –
守寡的第一条定律,亲爱的
important conversations occur at lunch.
午餐是进行重要交谈的好机会
It’s really not so bad.
这并不是太槽糕
Widows are allowed hobbies.
你有时间发展自己的爱好
Hobbies? Yes.
爱好? …是的
Embroidery. Things like that. Are you mad?
刺绣之类的东西 你疯了吗!
I graduated to weaving.
我个人偏爱编织
Would you care to see my tapestries? I’d rather drink ink.
有机会你可以看看 我宁可喝墨水!
Committees are good, of course.
社团是个好地方,这是肯定的
I serve on quite a few.
我参加了好几个
Charities.
慈善机构
Once your husband dies, it’s quite permissible to help the poor.
一旦你丈夫死了 帮助穷♥人♥是个很好的选择
And now there’s no-one to stop you buying things.
现在,没有任何人可以阻挠你买♥♥东西
Also, of course, there’s a great deal of time for lovers.
当然,还有很多时间和情人共享
Margot, I’m nearly 70. That’s true.
玛姬,我差不多70岁了! 这没错
But you’re also very rich.
但是你很富有
The one cancels out the other.
你不乏追求者
I don’t know anything about embroidery.
还是跟我讲讲刺绣吧
Ow! Oh!
我现在比较倾向于帮助难民
Now, I believe we may call it a refuge.
当然,我们可不想被别人 误以为私生活不检点
Certainly we do not want any term alluding to unwed mothers in the title.
我们也不希望公众 了解修建房♥屋的目的
Nor do we wish for the public to know the purpose of the house.
我能不能告诉我朋友, 我得给未来的私生子修房♥子? 哈
But I’ve told all my friends I’m helping to build a home for future bastards.
但我已经告诉我所有的朋友我在帮未来的混♥蛋♥建一个家
Sorry.
抱歉
Home, madam? I need some fresh air. Let’s drive.
带我去任何可以透气的地方
Yes, madam.
一定很浮华,我敢说
I think I should see Alec.
我想我应该去见见亚历克
Hello, Alec.
英国战争公墓,法国北部
Let’s return to London, please.
你好,亚历克
I’d rather like to visit old Windmill Street again.
我们回伦敦吧 我想再去一趟老街区
Good day, madam.
你好,女士
Mind your back. Oh!
让开点!
Oh, Laura, what on earth? Margo.
罗拉! 你究竟在– 玛姬,你来了
Renovations, dear.
亲爱的
But it’s a… Theatre.
这…这…
I own it. Own it?
现在这是我的了 …你的?
You told me now there was no-one to stop me from buying things,
你告诉我, 从此没有人阻挠我买♥♥任何东西
so I bought a theatre.
所以我买♥♥了一个剧院
I meant bracelets and earrings.
你……你可以买♥♥首饰,香水
What on earth are you going to do with a theatre?
你拿着一座剧院做什么!
Well, I thought music hall, or – what do they call it in America – vaudeville?
可以开音乐会 或者,在美国那叫什么? 音乐剧
Actually, I haven’t thought about it.
事实上,我还没想过
Oh, dear. What am I going to do with it?
我该拿它做什么?
Clearly you need someone to run it for you.
很明显, 你需要一个人帮你经营它
Oh, you think?
你认为?!
Oh, I knew you’d give me sensible advice.
我就知道你一定 能给我有用的意见!
But who?
但是找谁呢?
Well, that’s an easy assignment. I know just the man.
噢,这是个简单的任务 他是个再合适不过的人选了
He’s out of work at the moment, but he’s very good at running theatres.
他目前失业 但是他很擅长经营剧院
I can’t imagine where she is.
我想不出她去了哪里?
She was meant to be here 20 minutes ago.
她本来20分钟前就该到了!
…that’s that, then.
总是发生这样的事
I can’t hang around here all morning. I’ve an important meeting to go to.
我不能在耽搁了, 还有重要的会议要开
I’m sorry, old chum… Oh, he was terribly ill in the car.
我很抱歉,我得…… 你们真是太会算时间了!
Nerves, I imagine. Little sweet!
这倒挺周到的
Hello, Leslie. – Hello.
…你好,莱斯利 …你好
Who on earth are you?
你是谁?
This is Vivian Van Damm. Don’t be silly.
他就是维维安万丹姆 就是你说那个
That’s not a British name.
这不是个英文名
In actual fact, my father’s a lawyer in Bishopsgate.
但事实上这是! 我父亲是个律师
Oh, dear God, you’re Jewish! As it happens, I’m not.
噢,上帝啊,你是个犹太人 可惜我不是
Well, of course you are, dear. Just look at yourself.
你肯定是, 你自己照照镜子就知道了
The show business is filled with Jewish people, isn’t it? One must make do.
演艺界全部都是犹太人 不是吗? 包括你
We haven’t met. I’m Laura Henderson.
我们还没见过,我是罗拉亨德森
Yes, I imagined you were.
是的,我猜你是
You’re 20 minutes late, and you’re rude.
你迟到了20分钟 而且你很粗鲁
Perhaps he’s the wrong man. No, I don’t think so.
或许我们找错人了 我不这样认为
Where are you going?
你去哪里?
Leslie, where is he off to? Do stop him.
莱斯利,你还愣着干嘛? 你叫他停下
I’m here to offer you a position!
我可以给你提供一份差事
You can’t offer me a position if I’m walking out on you.
你不能给我提供差事, 如果我不愿意
But that’s why I’m offering it, dear.
这就是为什么我把它交给你, 亲爱的
You’ve got gumption.
你很有个性
Oh, don’t you adore that word?
噢,这个词很可爱吧
And you’re smoking a cigar.
而且你在抽雪茄
Anyone who runs my theatre must smoke a cigar.
剧院经营者必须会抽雪茄
It’s so manly. And so…
这很有男人气概,而且–
What?
什么?
Jewish.
很犹太
I have a theatre.
我有个剧院!
I have a theatre.
我有个剧院
It’s just sitting there, waiting for a brilliant manager
就在那里 等待一个精明的经理人
to come and turn it into a commercial proposition.
让它进入运作
A manager who might bring some enjoyment and amusement
一个能给温德米尔 带来娱乐氛围的人
back into the West End.
回到西部
A manager with vision and courage.
一个有眼界有勇气的人
So, by all means, hurry off, Mr Damm Van.
也就是说 你通过了,丹姆万先生
Van Damm.
是万丹姆
Oh, if you insist, dear. If you insist.
随便吧,亲爱的, 如果你坚持的话
Whose idea was it to gut the building?
买♥♥下这栋楼是谁的主意?!
Mine. Well, well.
我的 很好
There should be a sign saying Windmill Theatre. Up there. See?
这里应该有个招牌注名是 “温德米尔剧院” 就在那里,看见没有?
You’re going to retain the name?
你要保留这个名字
Well, I find it helps your driver if the theatre is named after the street.
如果这个剧院不是以街道命名, 谁会知道它在哪儿呢
What do you know about the theatre business?
你对剧院生意了解多少?
Almost nothing.
一无所知
I have to have total control of the production side. Is that clear?
我要全权负责它的运作 明白吗?
All artistic decisions are mine.
所有的决定要由我来做
You may voice an opinion, if you must, but I have the final say.
如果有必要你可以发表意见 但是最后我说了算
Understood? Of course.
明白吗? …当然
I think we’ll make a splendid team.
我认为我们将是完美的搭档!
Let’s go and sit down in that charming little café.
我坐下来喝杯咖啡吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!