I’m sure its business will improve when our musical revue opens.
我相信做一系列音乐剧回顾 会对生意有帮助
Who said we were doing a musical revue?
谁说我们要做音乐剧回顾?
Well, I assumed.
我猜是
All those decisions are mine. Remember?
所有的决定都是我来做! 别忘了
That’s perfect. Just there.
非常好!就在那里!
Higher.
再高点!
No. No, no, no. Come back. Come back to the middle.
不,不不不! 回到中间一点!
Higher.
高点!
Higher.
高点… 谢谢!
Fine. I’ve had an idea. Let’s go inside.
我建议我们进去
It is a radical idea.
我有一个很极端的主意
Oh, jolly good. What is it?
很好,是什么?
Non-stop performances.
不停歇的演出
Nonstop? Yes.
不停歇? 没错
Instead of two shows a day, we run our show all day long.
与其说每天两场演出 我们推出全天候演出
Five or six performances a day, one after another.
每天五到六部剧! 一个接一个
It’s never been done in England before.
这是前所未有的事
Every theatre here is exactly like every other theatre.
这里所有的剧院都一模一样
No-one is attempting anything new.
没有人尝试新东西!
It’s good to stir things up, don’t you think?
我们应该搅乱这一切 你认为呢?!
I’ve no idea what you’re on about, but I do admire passion.
但是我从来是靠激♥情♥做事
Yes, well… what else is there?
是的,很好 你还想说什么?
How much will this experiment cost?
事实上我超支了
I mean, what do I stand to lose if it fails?
我是说… 如果它失败了我的损失是多大?
What fun!
太有趣了
I’m in a sporting mood today, Mr Van Damm. It must be the weather.
我今天情绪有点激动, 万丹姆先生 肯定是天气的关系
And what’ll we do? A musical revue.
我们应该怎么做? 音乐剧回顾展
What will we call it?
我们管它叫什么?
Well, I thought Revudeville.
我想就叫…
That’s lovely.
很可爱
Ladies and gentlemen…
女士先生们
…I’ve invited you here this evening to sip a bit of sherry
这个傍晚我招待你们的是雪利酒
I’m told cocktail parties are out-of-date –
鸡尾酒会有点过时了
and to announce the most amusing news.
我还有个激动人心的消息要宣布!
The Windmill Theatre will open on February 3rd,
温德米尔剧院 将在二月三号♥开放!
with the most revolutionary programme ever seen in England.
我将推出全英国 独一无二的演出形式
In this enterprise, I shall be carrying on the work of my late husband,
此时,我不免要提到我的前夫
who spent a great deal of time and money helping stage people,
他曾花费大笔时间和 金钱资助舞台事业
especially those in the field of variety.
尤其是那些综合剧院
Is that true? She’s making it up.
这是真的吗? 她编的
As you well know, these are difficult times,
如大家所知, 现在是一个艰难的时期
so many of our delightful variety performers
很多令人愉快的表演者
have been forced onto the milk line.
沦落到领救济牛奶
Bread line. Bread line. Bread line.
救济面包,噢,面包 救济面包
Revudeville is an attempt to create…
温德米尔目的在于创造……
Employment. … employment.
…就业机会 …就业机会!
Employment… for these delightful creatures.
就业机会 为那些有天分的人们
Our productions will be guided and overseen by our resident genius,
我们的全程演出 将得到严格的监督
Our brilliant general manager, who comes to us from Central Europe,
我们来自中欧的天才经理人
Mr Vivian Van Damm.
维维安万丹姆先生
We won’t be able to work together, you know that.
我们没法合作,你知道的
You’re a perfect match.
你们简直就是一对!
So, you found yourself a continental.
你找到了新大♥陆♥
Nonsense. He’s as English as you or I.
胡说八道! 他也是英国人吗?
But he’s terribly alive, don’t you think? It’s just something one can sense.
你不觉得他太活跃了吗? 我喜欢深沉点的人
Laura, you have an infatuation. Oh, don’t be ridiculous.
罗拉,你是不是心动了 这太荒谬了!
It’s the show business I’m attracted to.
我感兴趣的是戏剧业
Tomorrow we have auditions! Isn’t that exciting?
明天,我们有试音, 这是不是很刺♥激♥?!
People come in and entertain us
人们专程来取悦我们
and we say either “stick around” or “buzz off. ”
我们可以随时打断他们!
Thank you, that’ll do. Poor thing.
谢谢,声音太腻了 这…这 下一个
Next! My dear, would you wait over there?
亲爱的,你能在那里等等吗?
Mr Van Damm, I spent many years in the Far East with my husband
万丹姆先生,我和我丈夫多年
witnessing what one might call pagan rituals,
我见过太多苛刻的事情
but I’ve never seen anything as barbaric as this.
但是没有见过这么残酷的
Welcome to the theatre.
欢迎来到剧院
Next! Very nice, dear.
下一个!很好,亲爱的
Buy yourself a decent meal.
给你自己买♥♥顿好吃的
Who’s the young man at the back?
坐在后面的人是谁?
Ssh! Concentrate on the auditions.
…嘘,专心听试唱 下一个
We’ll have him.
我们签下他
We will?
你要他?
We will.
好吧
Next!
下一个
Why do you keep looking at that boy?
这太滑稽了!
That boy, as you call him, was the featured performer at the Pavilion.
你所谓的滑稽是有未来意识 的表演,你不能错过他们!
We snatched him away.
我们把他抢走了
He can be a big help to me. He’s got excellent taste.
他能帮我很大的忙 他很有品味
He seems to agree with all of my choices.
他似乎同意我所有的选择
Including these demented pharaohs?
包括这些精神错乱的法老?
Book them. Right, VD.
写下来 好的!
Are you mad?
你们是不是疯了!
They’re not in the least authentic.
这简直太无聊了!
And over, over, step, shuffle, change. Riff, pick up, toe.
一次,一次,一步,洗牌,改变 里夫,抬起来,脚趾
Pick up and five, six, seven, eight.
抬起来,五,六,七,八
Pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up again.
抬起来,抬起来,抬起来,再抬起来
Maxie Ford and heads up.
麦克西·福特,请注意
Thank you, ladies. Change over. Quickly, girls!
谢谢女士们,换人
See what they’re like from the back of the stalls.
去后台看他们是什么样子
Pay attention to their height.
注意高度!
And over. Step, shuffle and change.
结束 一步一个脚印换
Riff, pick up, toe.
里夫,抬起来,脚趾
Tap, tap, change, pick up, step, and round, two, three, four.
轻拍,轻拍,换,捡,踩,转,二,三,四
Pick up, step, pick up, step, pick up and change.
接,走,接,走,换
Maxie Ford and heads up.
麦克西·福特,请注意
Do you find these women attractive?
你觉得这些女孩吸引人吗?
Some of them are very pretty. Oh, yes, I can certainly see that.
其中几个很漂亮 噢,我可以看到
But… do they intrigue you as a man?
但是她们能让你感到兴奋吗?
I have other inclinations. Oh.
我已经有女朋友了
Oh! Oh, how delicious!
噢!这太好了
And use your backs.
背部用力点
Yes, girls. Next group.
是的 下一组
And use your back, girls.
背部用力,很好
Yes! Last group.
对!最后一组
But Mr Van Damm seems to have an intense appreciation, doesn’t he?
万丹姆先生看上去 过于感兴趣了,是吧
Other girls, ready. And!
其他女孩,准备好了 还有!
He’s practically sniffing them.
他简直就要贴上去了
And last group.
最后一组
Some of these girls are very good. Indeed.
她们非常优秀 …是啊
I’m going to call our chorus The Millerettes.
我已经想好第一出剧 叫什么名字了 米若兹
Millerettes? Mill, as in Windmill.
米若兹?米兰兹是个好名字
What’s the “er” for? What?
“er”是什么意思?-什么?
Millerettes. It should be Millettes.
应该叫米兰兹
The “er” clogs it up.
这听上去好点
Millettes doesn’t scan. But it’s accurate.
米兰兹没有吸引力 但是它很合适
It doesn’t sound right.
但是它听上去不好!
Millerettes sounds like a man named Miller has a chorus line.
但是米若兹听上去 就像一个男人的名字!
We’re doing a vaudeville, not a dictionary.
我们是在做音乐剧不是编字典!
Millerettes is a good name. And it’s not your decision.
米兰兹是个好名字 而且这轮不到你做决定!
In fact, it’s got nothing to do with you.
这根本不关你的事
In fact, you shouldn’t be in the theatre until dress rehearsal.
事实上,彩排之前你根本 不应该出现在剧院里!
In fact, I’m going to ban you! Don’t you dare!
事实上!我要禁止你! …你敢!
I’m banning you from all auditions. You haven’t the right.
我要禁止你参加一切试音! …你没有权利!
I can do anything I please. I shall cancel the opening.
我可以做任何我想做的事 -我将取消开幕式
Fine!
…好吧!
This show will not goon! Indeed.
…表演不会继续了! …没错
They’re ready to start again, VD.
他们马上要开始了,万丹姆先生?
My dear, you must never interrupt a perfectly good argument.
女士,你打扰了我们的争论!
I’ve lost my train of thought. So have I.
我完全忘记自己要说什么了 我也是
Come on. Mustn’t keep The Millerettes waiting.
来吧 米若兹获胜

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!