We were having a private discussion.
我们正在进行私人的谈话
We have a quick change. Yes.
我们有一个快速的变化 -是的
That was a particularly fine programme, Mr Van Damm.
那是一个很好的计划, 万丹姆先生
I am pleased I recognised your talent. Go back into the theatre.
我很高兴你能意识到…
I do have a few notes about the comedy routine.
我现在没有时间和你谈这个
We don’t have time for nonsense. We have a crisis.
我们有意外
Why? Whatever’s wrong?
怎么了?
Maureen has just sent me a letter of resignation.
莫莉给我递了封辞职信
Don’t be ridiculous. Why would she?
这太荒谬了,为什么?
Because she’s pregnant.
因为她怀孕了!
Two minutes, girls!
两分钟,姑娘们!
Look… You can work in the show as a singer for the next few months.
你还可以在舞台上再表演几个月
We’ll keep you on salary, until you…
我们可以给你安排一个单独房♥间
I can’t think clearly. I need some air.
我不能接受这个建议
I’m so sorry. Was it?
抱歉,那是谁的?
Well, who else would it be?
还有谁的?!
He sent me a letter.
他给我写了封信
After he’s demobbed, he’s going back to his girlfriend.
他要回到他女朋友身边,女朋友!
His girlfriend! They all have girlfriends.
他们都有女朋友
The crazy thing is, I fell for him.
疯狂的是我居然相信他
Oh, it’s not your fault. I’m a grown girl. I knew what I was doing.
这不是你的错, 没有比我再傻的人了
But he had such a sweet face…
你有美丽的脸孔
They all have sweet faces.
人人都有漂亮脸蛋
You live in your own world, Mrs Henderson.
你活在你自己的世界里, 亨德森夫人
I’m sorry. Excuse me.
抱歉
I don’t want to say something I shouldn’t.
我不该说我不该说的话
I need some tea. And some air.
我要喝杯茶
She said, “It’s not your fault. ”
她说这不是你的错
That can only mean one thing.
…这只意味着一件事 …什么?
Which is? That it Is your fault!
这就是你的错!
What have you been up to? Nothing.
…你做了什么? …没什么!
Excuse me, Mr Van Damm. I want to take some air as well.
我要回去了
You can’t go out, Mrs Henderson. The sirens went.
抱歉借过,亨德森夫人
We didn’t hear anything.
你什么也没听说? 什么意思?
A few minutes ago. Maureen’s gone out.
莫莉要走了
When? Just now.
上帝啊
Why didn’t you stop her?
为什么你不阻止她?
Where’s she going?
她为什么要走? …某人的错!
For some air. No, to tea, she said.
我没有做什么!
You foolish, foolish woman. Look what you’ve done.
你这个愚蠢之至的女人! 看看你做了什么
I thought, “Yes, well,
是的
she’s selfish and rude and eccentric,
她自私,粗鲁,自以为是
but that goes with her class. I can live with that. ”
但是… 那个女孩来自的阶级就是那样
I was a fool.
我是个傻瓜
You don’t know anything about the real world, do you?
你对现实一无所知,对吗?!
It’s not the same.
这不一样
The boys love it, boss.
孩子们喜欢,老大
I’m from the Lord Chamberlain’s office. This is for you.
万丹姆先生,是法官大人派我来的
We have to close your theatre.
…你们得要关闭剧院
What?
什么?!
It’s causing too many people to congregate in front of it.
现在战争时期,抱歉
Telephone the newspapers. Get them down here.
你快去把这个消息告诉她
Yes, boss.
是的,老板
Maggie…
麦琪
I know where to find her.
我知道去哪里找到她
Tell her to come to the theatre immediately.
让她立即来剧院
Mrs Henderson would like to see Lord Cromer as soon as possible.
亨德森夫人会尽快 去见法官先生的
Here, at the theatre.
就在剧院
I don’t think the Lord Chamberlain is available…
我不认为法官大人有时间
Nonsense. Mrs Henderson wishes to see him.
我不认为,亨德森夫人要见他!
Pray, pass the message.
转告他
There’s nothing I can do. The theatre is closed.
我爱莫能助,剧场关闭了
Manners, manners. Clear a path, please.
借过,谢谢,借过!
Please, clear a path.
请让开一条路
We need to see the girls.
我们得去看看女孩们
We ain’t moving until you open up the theatre.
我们要看演出!开门!
Open up! There’s nothing I can do.
它关门了!
I see the press are here, Van Damm.
我看到媒体来了,范·达姆
Yes. I don’t know how they got hold of it, sir.
对 我不知道他们是怎么搞到的,先生
This way.
这边走
There seems to be a nationwide desire to keep this theatre open.
看来全国的人… 都在呼吁恢复剧院!
Nationwide?
全国的人?
Please don’t be delusional.
不要幻想
I have learnt in these many years of dealing with artists
我有太多经验对付那些…
to detest imagination.
满脑幻想的艺术家
Excuse me.
借过,借过
Sorry.
打扰了
This street must be clear.
这个地区必须清理
It presents a very clear public danger.
这造成了社会的隐患
I may have to ask the police to interfere.
如果有必要我会叫警♥察♥干涉的
I’ll talk to them.
我会和他们谈的
They think the theatre encourages what they call overcongregating.
他们认为剧院鼓励他们所说的过度拥挤
It seems that we’re too popular.
看上去是太受欢迎了
What, you mean we’d stay open if we were a failure? How ridiculous!
这太荒谬了
Listen, everybody.
听着,所有的人
We have no choice.
我们别无选择
The government is forcing us to close.
政♥府♥强迫我们关闭
One more light… dimming in the heart of London.
最后一晚 在伦敦
He’s turning into Winston again.
他又成这样子了
What Herr Hitler
希♥特♥勒♥
was unable to do,
没有做到的事情
Our own leaders are determined to accomplish.
我们自己的领袖决意要完成
They are going to close the Windmill!
他们要关掉温德米尔
Oh, really.
真的吗?
Excuse me, excuse me, would you please let me through?
抱歉,抱歉 请让我过去好吗?
Excuse me.
抱歉
Excuse me. Oh, that’s so kind of you. Thank you.
抱歉 你真是太好了 谢谢你
Thank you. Oh, that’s most kind, thank you.
谢谢 太好了,谢谢
Thank you.
抱歉
Excuse me. Mr Van Damm.
抱歉 范达姆先生
Hello, everybody.
大家好
Um, may I intro… Oh, hello, Tom.
噢,汤米你好
May I introduce myself?
我能介绍下自己吗?
I’m Mrs Henderson.
我是亨德森夫人
You might see my name on the billboard there.
你们可以在那里看见我的名字
Well, I am that Mrs Henderson,
我就是那个亨德森夫人
and I have presented the Windmill for four years now.
我已经接管温德米尔四年了
Now, let me tell you why.
让我告诉你们为什么
Oh, dear, are you able to see me?
你们能看见我吗?
No…
不能
Here you are, ma’am.
给你,女士
Oh, that’s so sweet.
你想得太周到了
Are you American? Yes.
你是个美国人吧? 是的!
Strange people, lovely manners.
异乡人总是这么有礼貌
…there was a war before this one.
现在
It was meant to end all wars.
在这之前的
I lost my son in that war.
那次战争里
My only son. Alec.
我失去了我的独子,亚历克
He was 21.
他2l岁
He perished from poison gas, I believe,
他死于毒气
On a field in France.
在倒塌的战壕里
After – some time after – I went to his room to clear away his things
之后,过了段时间 我去他房♥间整理东西
and I discovered the most amazing thing.
发现了令我惊奇的东西
What I believe you call a French postcard.
也就是你们所说的… “法国明信片
A photograph of a naked woman.
裸体女人的照片
He’d been hiding it.
他一直把那藏起来
And I realised that Alec had probably gone to his death
我想到亚历克可能到死的时候
without ever seeing… a woman naked in real life.
从来没有… 看过真正的裸体女人
Well, I thought that was the most… awful thing.
我觉得这是 最糟糕的事情
When you lose a son in a war,
当你在战争里失去一个儿子

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!