Oh, that name’s intolerable.
这个名字太难以忍♥受了
It suggests midgets working in a factory.
它就像是工厂女工的名字
Millettes sounds like a medical condition.
米兰兹听上去就像是个病人!
Thank you, Mr Van Damm.
谢谢你,范达姆先生
Thank you, Mrs Henderson.
谢谢你,亨德森夫人
Stop thanking each other. Let’s find some champagne.
我们停止互相感谢吧, 我们去拿点香槟
Oh, what a wonderful hobby, my dear.
多么绝妙的主意啊
I wonder if there are any more theatres for sale.
我现在喜欢上你的剧院了
I don’t understand. We were such a success.
我不明白 我们明明很成功!
And then everyone copied us.
然后所有的人都照搬我们
You’re telling me we’re a disaster? Here’s the accounts.
为什么你告诉我这是个灾难? 看看这个
You’re losing a fortune.
你的财产在流失
You mean you can be a triumph one week and a disaster the next?
一周前还是一个喜剧, 之后就成了灾难?
I’m not certain it’s worth going on.
我也不知道发生了什么
Oh, you people make me weary!
噢,你们让我觉得累
You’ve no courage.
你们没有勇气!
What I say is, stick a thing out and it will come right.
我说什么了, 坚持下去,会没事的
I’m trying to save your finances.
我在试图挽救你的财政
I don’t need your protection, thank you very much.
我不需要你的保护,非常感谢
We’ve put on good shows, but they’re obviously not daring enough.
我们已经做了一些改动, 但很明显还不够
Why don’t we get rid of the clothes?
我们解决掉那些戏服怎么样?
Pardon?
什么?
Let’s have naked girls.
我们要用裸体女孩
Don’t you think?
你觉得怎样?
Now, this has been on my mind for some time.
我已经想过一段时间了
I never dared mention it. I too lack courage, it seems.
我还没够勇气说出来
Now, what I propose is that we have nude women in Revudeville.
我的建议是采用裸女
As they do in Paris.
就像在巴黎一样
At our namesake, the Moulin Rouge, for instance.
我们要拿出点胆色来
Oh, Baby, we’ll find you some milk.
噢,宝贝,没事的, 我们马上给你牛奶喝
Paris, after all, is just filled with naked women wearing bananas,
巴黎到处都是裸体女孩
and dare I say, making everyone else go bananas in return.
她们让人觉得活力焕发
Do keep up, Mr Van Damm. Yes.
你听到了吗?万丹姆先生?
It would be innovative and draw the crowds.
这会吸引所有的人
I would make back all of my money.
我会收回我的钱
You, I imagine, would enjoy yourself, being surrounded by countless breasts,
你会一举成名
and we’d all be happy.
我们都会开心的
What you’re suggesting isn’t possible.
你的建议不切实际
That kind of thing isn’t done here.
那东西在这里是被排斥的
Nudity? In England?
英国不欢迎裸体
You tend towards safety sometimes, Mr Van Damm.
你不是说创新吗,万丹姆先生
You’re rather bourgeois.
你太冠冕堂皇了
I do mean that in a kind way.
我是说在某种程度上
But I suspect it’s not advisable in the show business.
这可不是我欣赏的作风
What you’re forgetting is we need a licence from the Lord Chamberlain
你不要再想了,舞台上上演的…
for whatever we put on the stage. He’ll never approve it.
任何东西都必须得到法官的许可 他们不会同意的!
The Lord Chamberlain? Yes, The Lord Chamberlain.
法官? 是的!
What, Tommy? Little Tommy Baring? Oh, don’t be silly!
汤米?小汤米拜林 太可笑了
I have, of course, taken that into account.
我当然有考虑过这个
He’s a very sweet man.
他是个很好的人
He and his rather dreary wife are on holiday in France,
我们曾经一起在法国度假
but as soon as he returns, I’ll throw a fly at him.
但是回国以么没怎么联♥系♥
Pardon?
什么?
That’s a fisherman’s term, dear. It has to do with hooking a trout.
这没什么难的,许可证算什么
You do lead a narrow life.
你的生活太狭隘了
Meanwhile, do begin work on our marvellous new idea.
你应该多点新构想
Without permission?
不顾许可?
Oh! We’ve found your milk!
噢!找到你的牛奶了!
Mrs Henderson’s request is, of course, entirely out of order.
即使是亨德森夫人的要求, 也必须服从规定!
Of course. I’m well aware of that.
当然,我很明白
Oh, Tommy! Laura, how wonderful to see you.
噢,汤米 …罗拉 见到你太好了!
You don’t look a day older. What a touching little lie.
你越来越英俊了 多么感人的谎话
I do know a bit about why you’re here, you know.
我知道你来这里的原因
Oh? Hm.
是吗?
I find that lines have to be drawn somewhere, my dear Laura,
有的东西必须要有个限度, 亲爱的罗拉
and nudity is on the wrong side of the divide.
太过暴露是个错误的限度
I have problems enough with the length of skirts.
关于超短裙… 我已经有够多的麻烦了
I’ve had to have inches added to them for the new Offenbach production.
我必须下令给所有裙子 加长一英寸
Well, we won’t have that problem as we won’t have skirts.
我们没那方面的困扰, 因为我们根本不♥穿♥裙子
Sir? If I may?
先生,请容许我打断
We have very strict rules in these areas, Mrs Henderson.
我们在这方面有非常严格的限制, 亨德森夫人
Oh, this office is so stuffy.
噢,这个办公室太闷热了
Why don’t we take a bit of a walk?
我们何不出去散散步?
Sir? A walk. Yes. Lovely.
先生? 噢,是的,好主意
Why didn’t you return to India?
为什么不回印度看看呢
I was only ever Robert’s wife in India.
在印度的时候, 我还是罗伯特的妻子
It seemed a bit absurd without a Robert.
没有了罗伯特感觉很凄凉
Now I find it most amusing to run a variety show, and I’ll tell you why.
现在我的重心是音乐剧, 让我告诉你原因!
Robert took me to music hall quite often – he was fond of them –
罗伯特曾经经常去听音乐剧 他对此很感兴趣
On condition that I stayed behind the curtain in a box and was never visible.
幕布后面的东西永远是看不到的
In those days, it was considered terribly improper
目前已婚妇女看音乐剧
for a married woman to be seen at a music hall.
被视为非常不适宜的举止
But times have moved on.
但是,时代改变了
And we must move with them, mustn’t we?
我们也必须作相应的改变
Oh, look! A tent!
噢,看,一个帐篷!
It’s unusual to see a tent in the park.
在公园里搭帐篷,这可太少见了
Quite so.
没错
I had it constructed this morning.
这是我今早建的
Did you obtain a licence?
你有获得许可吗?
Oh, come inside, you old fogey.
进来再谈吧
I’ve prepared lunch.
我们已经备好午餐了
But the be-all and end-all, finally, is that they are naked.
但是裸体这太有伤风化了
Like paintings. In a museum.
就像博物馆里的油画!
These sandwiches are particularly good.
这个三文冶非常可口
It’s an excellent season for salmon.
还有三文鱼
We haven’t exactly reached salmon season yet.
我们之前没有这样的先例
Tommy, you’re so literal.
汤米,你太固执了
You’re thinking bosoms, but I’m thinking breasts.
你想到的是乳♥房♥♥, 我想到的是胸部…
Cheese? Thank you.
芝士… 谢谢!
Of course, paintings in a museum are still, are they not?
当然,博物馆里的油画是静止的
The figures do not move. I suppose there’s something in that.
数字不变 这可能是原因之一
Mm, this cheese is very good indeed.
这个芝士味道很好
If the girls did not move…
如果那个女孩保持不动
Tableaux?
静止不动
Precisely.
非常正确
Then one might make a direct corollary with an art gallery.
那么,我们可能将剧院 划分为博物馆一个类别
I can perhaps see the possibility of some artistic merit.
我可以允许一些艺术的行为
Yes, that would be like a museum.
那它就能像个博物馆
Which was, my dear, your suggestion, so you must be very pleased.
这只是我的建议而已
I’m warming to the idea.
我对你的想法其实很感兴趣
My secretary would be appalled… More wine?
…我的支持一… 还要红酒吗?
Ah, yes, thank you.
是的,谢谢
Now, what about…
你看这样行吗
forgive me… the foliage?
抱歉 花蕾
You know… beneath the…
你知道的… 在下面…
Beneath what? Try the brie. Thank you.
下面什么?你能说明白点吗?
Beneath… Flown in from France.
在那下面… 这瓶酒是法国运来的
Excellent. The foliage beneath the… My husband was very fond of it.
很好,我是说那个花蕾…… 那是我丈夫买♥♥的
My dear, I am attempting to address
亲爱的,我正在非常正经的
the disagreeable and somewhat sordid topic of the pudendum.
和你谈一个非常进季的话题
Have some more wine. The female part.
女人的那个部分
Oh! The pussy!
噢,阴♥部♥
Why didn’t you say?
为什么你不敢说出来?
I had not expected you, of all people, to use such language.
我没想到像你如此尊贵 的人说出这样的话!
That word was popular in the mid-nineteenth century.
这种说法在l5世纪中期非常流行
Not everyone speaks Latin, you know.
并不是所有的人都说拉丁语
Then I’d prefer you refer to it as… the midlands.
但我希望你能够… 注意一下
Oh, dear.
噢,亲爱的
You men do get into such a state about the midlands, don’t you?
你不是真的要和我讨论这个吧?
Well, you needn’t worry.
你不用担心

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!