Slaved 15, 16 hours a day,
一天工作15、16小时
summer and winter.
不论夏冬
Gradually he became aware of a world beyond the tannery…
他逐渐认识鞣皮厂以外的世界
where a Utopia of unexplored smells lay in store for him.
那里有许多未知的味道等着他
Grenouille!
葛奴乙
Come with us. I’m taking you to town for delivery.
跟我们来,我带你去城里交货
Jean-Baptiste Grenouille had triumphed.
葛奴乙成功了
He was alive…
他活了下来
and at last he was in his element.
最后也得其所哉
He was not choosy.
他并不挑剔
He did not differentiate between…
他并不区分
what are commonly considered to be good smells from bad…
一般人所谓的好味道、坏味道
at least not yet.
至少目前还没有
He was very greedy.
他很贪婪
The goal was to possess everything the world had
他的目的是要将世上的一切
to offer in the way of odors.
所能给出的味道占为己有
His only condition being, that they were new ones.
他唯一的兴趣就是新的味道
Thousands upon thousands of odors formed an invisible gruel…
千万种味道组成无形的餐点
which he dissected into its smallest and most remote parts and pieces.
而他将之分解成最小的微粒
Buy your pennant here for tonight’s fireworks at Notre Dame.
为花火大会买♥♥面小旗子吧
Grenouille!
葛奴乙!
Come on!
过来
Get your ass over here!
给我过来
He needs two dozen skins by next week. Can you do that?
他下周要两打鞣皮,你行吗?
Yeah. Yeah.
可以
Yeah, come with me.
好,跟我来
What is it called?
这叫什么?
“Amor and Psyche”, madame.
“爱与灵”,夫人
My latest creation.
我最新的作品
May I try it?
我能试试吗?
If you’ll allow me, mademoiselle.
容我失礼,小姐
Sheer heaven!
天堂般的香味
Monsieur Pelissier, you are truly an artiste.
培利西耶先生,你真是艺术家
Please, take them. I’ve got far too many.
拿去吧,我还有很多
What do you want?
你要什么?
Want to buy some?
要买♥♥吗?
Two for a sou.
一文钱两颗
Next time you run off like that, I’ll kill you!
你再敢这样跑掉,我就宰了你
That night, he could not sleep.
那晚,他睡不着
The intoxicating power of the girl’s scent suddenly made it clear to him…
那女孩的香味突然让他明白
why he’d come to his own life
自己为何如此顽强的活着
so tenaciously, so savagely.
他存在的意义和目标
The meaning and purpose of his miserable existence had a higher destiny.
有一个更重要的目的
He would learn how to preserve scent…
他要学会如何保存味道
so that never again would he lose such sublime beauty.
好让他不再失去这样的美人香
There were about a dozen perfumers in Paris in those days.
那时期的巴黎有成打的香水商
One of them, the once-celebrated Italian perfumer,
其中一个过气的意大利香水商
Giuseppe Baldini…
纪优塞培·包迪尼
had set up shop in the center of the bridge called the Pont au Change…
三十多年前来到巴黎
on his arrival in Paris over thirty years ago.
在兑换桥的中♥央♥开了一间店
To be sure, at one time in his youth…
说实话,在他年轻时
Baldini had created several truly great perfumes,
包迪尼曾创造出几种
to which he owed his fortune.
很不错的香水,也让他赚了钱
But now Baldini was out of touch, out of fashion…
不过现在包迪尼过时也落伍了
and spent his days waiting for customers that no longer came.
只能成天痴等不再上门的顾客
Chenier! There you are!
谢涅,是你啊
Monsieur Baldini.
包迪尼先生
Put on your wig.
戴上你的假发
Put on your wig!
戴上你的假发
You going out?
您要出去吗?
I wish to retire to my study for a few hours…
我要去研究室待几个钟头
and do not want to be disturbed under any circumstances.
希望绝不会被人打扰
Will you be creating a new perfume, Monsieur Baldini?
您要配新香水啊,包迪尼先生?
Correct. For Count Verhamont.
对,为维哈蒙伯爵调配
He has asked for something like…
他要全新的香味
I think he said it was called “Amor and Psyche”…
我想他说是像“爱与灵”
from that swindler in the Rue Saint Andre des Arts.
好像是圣安德烈街那个骗子
Pelissier?
培利西耶?
Pelissier, that’s him.
培利西耶,就是他
“Amor and Psyche”!
“爱与灵”
Do you know it?
你知道吗?
Oh, yes.
知道
You can smell it everywhere these days, monsieur.
现在到处都闻得到,先生
On every street corner.
每个街角都能闻到
In fact, I just purchased you a sample.
事实上,我刚帮您买♥♥了瓶样品
In case you wanted to test it.
以便您用来测试
What on earth makes you think I’d be interested in testing it?
你凭什么认为我有兴趣想测试?
You’re right. It’s nothing special.
您说的对,它没什么特别的
Actually…
事实上
it’s a very common scent.
它的味道很平庸
I believe the head chord contains lime oil.
我相信前味有莱姆油
Really?
真的?
And the heart chord?
那中味呢?
Orange blossom, I believe.
我相信是橙花
And civet in the base chord, but, you know, I cannot say for sure.
基调是麝香,可是我不敢确定
Well, I couldn’t care less what that
我根本不在乎那个蠢培利西耶
bungler Pelissier slops into his perfumes.
在他香水里掺了什么
Naturally not, monsieur.
当然不在乎
And I am thinking of creating something
我想为维哈蒙伯爵创造出一种
for Count Verhamont that will cause a veritable sensation.
会风靡一时的香水
I’m sure it will, Monsieur Baldini.
我相信一定会的,包迪尼先生
Take charge of the shop, Chenier,
你来看店,谢涅
and don’t let anyone come near me.
别让任何人来烦我
Inspiration requires peace and tranquility.
灵感需要和平与宁静
Is there anything else you need?
你还需要什么吗?
Inspiration, perhaps.
灵感吧
Ah, my Giuseppe.
我的老公
You are still the great perfumer Baldini.
你仍然是伟大的香水师包迪尼
Wonderful.
妙极了
He did it again.
他又做到了
Lime oil.
莱姆油
Yes, indeed.
没错
Orange blossom… to be sure.
橙花,一定有
And a hint of cloves, perhaps.
也许还有一点丁香
No.
不对
Or could be cinnamon?
或者是肉桂?
It’s gone.
没了
Cinnamon.
肉桂
It’s not cinnamon.
那不是肉桂
Cloves.
丁香
No.
不对
Musk?
麝香?
No.
不对
Who’s there?
是谁?
I’m from Grimal’s tannery.
我是葛利马鞣皮厂的人
I’ve brought the goat skins you ordered.
我送您订的羊皮来
Follow me.
跟我来
This way.
这边
There.
好了
Lay them there.
东西放那里
Tell your master that the skins are fine.
跟你主人说皮很好
I’ll come by in the next few days and pay for them.
我过几天会去付钱
Yes, monsieur.
好的,先生
You want to make this leather smell good, don’t you?
您想让这些皮发出香味吧?
Why, of course. And so it shall.
当然,是那样没错
With “Amor and Psyche” by Pelissier?
有培利西耶的“爱与灵”香味?
Whatever gave you the absurd idea
你怎么会有这么荒谬的想法
I would use someone else’s perfume?
认为我会用别人的香水?
It’s all over you.
您身上都是那个味道
It’s on your forehead, your nose, your hands.
您的额头、鼻子、手上都是

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!