It’s bad, “Amor and Psyche” is, master.
那味道不好,“爱与灵”很烂
There’s too much rosemary in it and too much of…
太多迷迭香,还有太多……
that and that.
那个跟那个
Bergamot… and patchouli?
香柑油和广藿香?
Patchouli.
广藿香
Patchouli, patchouli…
广藿香、广藿香
What else?
还有什么?
That and that.
那个跟那个
That and that.
那个跟那个
Orange blossom…
橙花
lime…
莱姆
musk… – Rosemary.
麝香迷迭香
and cloves.
还有丁香
And this.
还有这个
Storax?
苏合香?
That’s in it, too.
里面也有那个
Storax?
苏合香?
Storax?
苏合香?
Storax.
苏合香
You have, it appears, a fine nose, young man. But a…
看来你的鼻子很灵,年轻人
My nose knows all the smells in the world.
我的鼻子能分辨全世界的味道
It’s the best nose in Paris, only I don’t know the names.
巴黎最灵的鼻子,只是不懂名称
I need to learn the names, learn them all.
我要学习名称,全部学会
You don’t interrupt me when I’m speaking.
我讲话的时候你别插嘴
You are both impertinent and insolent!
你不但傲慢又没礼貌
Even I don’t know every scent!
就连我也不知道全部的味道
I’ve, of course, known for some time the ingredients of “Amor and Psyche”.
我早知道“爱与灵”的部份配方
But all it needs to find that out is a passably fine nose, nothing else.
那得有个不错的鼻子,没别的
But it needs the craft of a true perfumer…
不过只有真正的香水师
to detect the exact formula.
才能破解真正的配方
Which notes, which chords,
哪些成份、什么调性…
and in what precise measurements.
还有精确的比例
Could you tell me the exact formula of “Amor and Psyche”?
你能说出“爱与灵”的配方吗?
Best-nose-in-Paris!
巴黎最灵的鼻子
Speak up!
说啊
You see, you can’t, can you?
你说不出来,对吧?
And I’ll tell you why.
我告诉你为什么吧
Because talent means next to nothing…
天才不算什么
while experience acquired in
经验才最重要
humility and hard work…
虚心求教和努力工作
means everything.
才是一切
I don’t know what a formula is…
我不懂什么是配方
but I can make “Amor and Psyche” for you now.
但我现在就能帮您做“爱与灵”
And you think I’d just let you slop around in my laboratory…
你以为我会让你在我工作室里
with essential oils that are worth a fortune? You?
乱玩这些昂贵的精油?就凭你?
Yes.

Now, pay attention!
给我注意听好
What is your name, anyway?
你叫什么名字?
Jean-Baptiste Grenouille.
尚·巴蒂斯特·葛奴乙
Very well, Jean-Baptiste Grenouille.
很好,尚·巴蒂斯特·葛奴乙
You shall have the opportunity now, this very moment, to prove your assertion.
你现在就有机会证明你的说法
Your grandiose failure will also be an opportunity for you…
彻底的失败也是一个机会
to learn the virtue of humility.
让你学习谦虚的美德
How much do you want me to make?
您要我做多少?
How much of what?
多少什么?
How much “Amor and Psyche” do you want?
您要多少“爱与灵”?
Shall I fill this flask?
要不要装满这一大瓶?
No! You shall not!
不!千万不要!
You may fill this one.
装满这瓶就好
Yes, master.
是,师♥傅♥
But, Master Baldini?
不过,包迪尼师♥傅♥?
You must let me do it in my own way.
你得让我照我的方法来做
As you please.
请便
No!
不!
Don’t drop that! That’s pure alcohol!
别砸了它,那是纯酒精
You want to blow up the entire building?
你想炸掉整栋楼吗?
You have to measure it first.
你得先量剂量
Stop! Stop it! That’s enough!
住手!够了!
You know nothing!
你什么都不懂
Essential oils are always to be mixed first,
一定要先混合精油
then the alcohol added.
然后再加入酒精
And never, ever is perfume to be shaken like that!
香水也绝对不能这样乱摇晃
I must have been insane to listen to your asinine gibberish!
我八成是疯了…才听你胡说八道
It’s all done.
配好了
This is “Amor and Psyche”!
这就是“爱与灵”
But it’s not a good perfume, master.
不过这不是好香水,大人
If you let me again, master, I’ll make it more better.
您同意的话,我可以改良它
Now it’s a really good perfume.
现在这是非常好的香水了
Don’t you want to smell it, master?
您不要闻一下吗?师♥傅♥?
I’m not in the mood to test it now.
我现在没心情闻
I have other things on my mind. Go now.
我有心事,你走吧
But, master… Go! Now!
可是师♥傅♥…你走吧,马上
Can I come to work for you, master? Can I?
我能来替您工作吗?师♥傅♥?
Let me think about it.
让我考虑考虑
Master!
师♥傅♥
I have to learn how to keep smell!
我得学习如何保存味道
What?
什么?
Can you teach me that?
您能教我吗?
I shall have to think about it. Now, go.
我得好好想想,你走吧
I love you.
我爱你
I’ll give you 50 francs for him.
我出价50法郎买♥♥他
What have I said?
我怎么说的?
Put your measly weight behind it and push!
把体重压上去推
Keep pulling!
继续拉
Come on, you heap of bones!
快点,你这个瘦皮猴
Push! Push hard!
推!用力推!
Grenouille!
葛奴乙!
Grimal’s transaction had a profound effect on all three parties.
葛利马的交易对每个人都有影响
Hey, watch out!
小心
Not least upon Monsieur Grimal himself.
对葛利马本身却几乎没有
As for Giuseppe Baldini…
至于纪优塞培·包迪尼
the acquisition of Grenouille miraculously
得到葛奴乙后
transformed his dwindling business…
他的生意奇迹似的开始蒸蒸日上
even surpassing its former glory.
甚至比以前还好
While at last, for Jean-Baptiste…
而葛奴乙
the mysterious secrets of the perfumer’s craft began to unfold.
则开始了解香水师的神秘技术
He’s a genius!
他真是天才
It’s magnificent!
这太棒了
Now, pay careful attention to what I tell you.
注意听我教你
Just like a musical chord,
就跟音乐和♥弦♥一样
a perfume chord contains four essences…
每种香水和♥弦♥都有四种精华
or notes, carefully selected for their harmonic affinity.
或音色,小心组成和谐的作品
Each perfume contains three chords:
每个香水都含有三个和♥弦♥:
The head, the heart and the base,
前味、中味和后味
necessitating twelve notes in all.
必需有12种音色
The head chord contains the first impression…
前味就是第一印象
lasting a few minutes before giving way to the heart chord…
在中味出现前会持续几分钟
the theme of the perfume,
中味,香水的主题
lasting several hours.
会持续几个小时
Finally, the base chord…
最后,就是后味
the trail of the perfume, lasting several days.
香水的尾巴,能持续好几天
Mind you, the ancient Egyptians believed…
你听好,古埃及人相信
that one can only create a truly original perfume…
要创造出真正独特的香水
by adding an extra note,
得透过添加额外的音符
one final essence…
最终的精华
that will ring out and dominate the others.
能凸显并抑制其他香味
Legend has it that an amphora was once
传说曾在法老的陵墓中
found in a pharaoh’s tomb… and when
发现一只细颈瓶
it was opened a perfume was released.
它被打开之后,释出一股香味
After all those thousands of years,
经过了数千年

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!