但…但是我们更喜欢看你跳舞 Mary
B…But we enjoy to watch you dancing, Mary.
你身轻如燕
you’re so light on your feet.
还有 你知道 Anne不怎么跳舞
And, as you know, Anne does not care to dance.
是的
No.
我把它们放到后面去 -啊 我们会做的
I sent them round the back. -Ah, we’ll do it.
大家好啊!
There, now!
啊 Anne小姐
Ah, Miss Anne.
多么荣幸啊
What a great delight.
Musgrove先生
Mr Musgrove.
应该感到荣幸的是我
The delight is all mine
不止一次回到了厄泼克劳斯
to return once more to Uppercross.
我们非常欢迎你来这儿
you’re most welcome here.
谢谢 你看起来气色很好 Charles 真不错
Thank you. you look well, Charles. Very well.
我打了一只野鸡 父亲打了一只松鼠
I got a pheasant and Father hit a squirrel
但是猎狗没有找到 -哦 不
but the dog couldn’t find. -Oh, no.
我感觉很棒 Anne 谢谢你 恩
I feel pretty well, Anne. Thank you. yes.
你错过了午餐 Charles
you were missed at luncheon, Charles.
我想 你父亲身体不错吧 Anne小姐?
y…your father is in good health, I trust, Miss Anne?
他们去巴斯了 父亲 你不记得了吗
They’ve gone to Bath, papa. Do you not remember me saying?
哦 对了巴斯
Oh, yes. Bath.
我希望这个冬天我们也能去巴斯
I hope we’ll be in Bath this winter.
可以啊
perhaps we may.
但是我们必须选好落脚点
But we must be in a good situation.
要靠近马戏团 父亲
Somewhere near the circus, papa.
额 巴斯很大
Well, it’s a big place, Bath.
恩 是个很辽阔的地方
Aye, it’s a great big place.
我也这个想
So I believe.
我保证 我们会过的还不错的
Upon my word, I shall be well off,
到你们都去巴斯开心的时候
when you are all gone away to be happy at Bath.
Anne 过来坐在壁炉旁边
Anne, come and sit by the fire.
亲爱的 我从不干涉我儿媳的想法
My dear, I never interfere in my daughter-in-law’s concerns.
但我不得不告诉你
But I have to tell you,
我不赞成Mary对待孩子的方式
I have no very good opinion of the way Mary curbs her children.
哦 孩子们看起来不错 很健康
Oh, they are fine, healthy boys.
但是 天知道 他们会变得多么麻烦!
But, Lord bless me, how troublesome they can be!
Musgrove夫人一直在告诉我怎么去照顾
Mrs Musgrove’s forever advising me on the care
小Charles和Walter
of little Charles and Walter.
但是她给他们吃了甜食后他们就生病了
yet she feeds them sweet things and they come home sick.
此外 我怎么可能让他们规规矩矩的
Moreover, how can I keep them in order
因为他们父亲这么溺爱他们?
when their father spoils them so much?
我可以管好孩子们 只要Mary不来干涉
I could manage the boys, were it not for Mary’s interference.
我希望你能劝劝她不要老是觉得自己生病了
I wish you could persuade her not to always fancy herself ill.
这是很槽糕的事 孩子们来访了
It is a very bad thing, to be visited by children
但有时却让你难以忍♥受被命令
whom one can only keep in tolerable order
给他们吃过量的蛋糕
by more cake than is good for them.
你在这里的时候 你能
Could you, whilst you are here,
提醒下Mary不要那么强势
give Mary a hint not to be so very tenacious
对妈妈那么霸道
about taking precedence over Mama.
没有人觉得她的地位比妈妈低
Nobody doubts her right to take precedence over Mama,
只是让她不要一直强调这点
it’s not becoming of her always to insist on it.
母亲并不会拘泥于礼节
Mama doesn’t care about etiquette,
蛋糕的事让她很烦扰
it’s the cake she cares about.
人们往往会忘了我是谁的女儿
Most people are apt to forget whose daughter I am.
等你有空的时候 和Charles说
When you have a moment, speak to Charles,
告诉他我真的病得很重
and persuade him that I am very, very ill.
哦 Anne
Oh, Anne.
将军什么时候住进来?
When will the Admiral take possession?
米迦勒节的时候
At Michaelmas.
希望他们可以及时表示他们的敬意
Let us hope they are not tardy about paying their respects.
我丈夫今天早上去打猎了 将军
My husband is riding to hounds this morning, Admiral,
不然他就在这儿了
or he should have been here.
我自然感到很失望 Musgrove夫人
Naturally, I am disappointed, Mrs Musgrove.
他也是
So too will he be.
他对他岳父的新房♥客也很好奇
He has been curious to meet his father-in-law’s tenant.
回这儿来! -我想看看海军上将长什么样
Back here! -I want to see the Admiral.
没 没关系 由着他们吧
No, no. Let them be.
来吧 坐我膝盖上 好了
So, come up on my knee. There you go.
将军很爱小孩
The Admiral loves children.
你想航海吗?
you want to sail the sea?
首先 你必须学会如何随着海隆起伏
First, you must learn how to go up and down with the swell.
就像这样
Like this.
哦 我可以听到你的地板嘎吱作响
Oh, I can hear your timbers creaking.
我发现是你而不是你姐姐
It was you and not your sister, I find,
是我弟弟在这里的认识的人
whom my brother was acquainted with in this country.
可能你没听说
perhaps you have not heard.
他已经结婚了
He is married.

Oh…
这是…这是个好消息 Croft夫人
That is… That is excellent news, Mrs Croft.
我衷心祝愿他幸福
I wish him every happiness.
你同意的话 我会在我的下一封信里告诉他
With your permission, I shall tell him so in my next letter.
哦 请告诉他
Oh, please do.
并且他有了新的助理牧师的职务…
And he has a new curacy too…
终于找到了
at last.
他们在什罗浦郡的一个教区
They are settled in a parish in Shropshire.
你们见过纸做的船吗?
Have you seen a boat made out of paper?
没有 -来 我给你们演示
No. -Come, I’ll show you.
这儿 就在桌子旁边
Here, over by the desk.
我们去吧
There we go.
仔细看着
Watch very closely.
我刚才刚和你妹妹说了
I was just telling your sister
关于我弟弟Edward在什罗浦郡的好运气
about my brother Edward’s good fortune in Shropshire.
他是个助理牧师
He’s a curate.
一个助理牧师
A curate.
多有趣啊
How interesting.
哦 很快我们就会看到我妻子的另一个弟弟了
Oh, we are expecting soon, another brother of my wife’s.
你们没见过的那个航海的弟弟
A seafaring brother whom you won’t have met.
但是我们的确知道他 对吗 Anne?
But we do know him. Do we not, Anne?
当我还是女孩的时候他来拜访过
He visited when I was a girl
并且拜访了Kellynch庄园一次还是两次
and called at Kellynch Hall once or twice.
是的
yes.
我不知道你也认识Frederick
I did not know you were acquainted with Frederick also.
我认识
yes.
我想你那段时间应该还在印度
I…I believe you to have been in the Indies at that time.
看!
There!
早上好 Anne -哦 早上好
Good morning, Anne. -Oh, good morning.
父亲见到了Wentworth上校
papa has met Captain Wentworth.
真的 他见到了? -是的
Indeed, has he? -yes.
他和母亲坐车去Kellynch碰见上校在那儿
He and Mama drove over to Kellynch and he was there!
他才回到英国…
He is just returned to England…
带薪休假…诸如此类的 还有…
or paid off… or something, and…
你要进来吗 还是我的小屋不够大吗?
Are you coming in, or isn’t my cottage grand enough for you?
哦 我不待在这儿 谢谢 我只是来邀请你
Oh. I may not stay. Thank you. I’m here solely to invite you
今晚来大宅
to the great house this evening,
见Frederick Wentworth上校
to meet Captain Frederick Wentworth.
据大家所说 他是一个非常迷人又令人愉快的绅士
By all accounts, a most charming and agreeable gentleman.
并且他今晚要来拜访我们
And he is to call on us tonight.
我们都应该在场 Henrietta 不要怕
We shall be present, Henrietta. Have no fear.
妈妈
Mama.
妈妈! 妈妈!
Mama! Mama!
妈妈!
Mama!
Anne! Anne!
Anne! Anne!
Anne! 下来 快!
Anne! Down, quickly!
我把锁骨复位了
I’ve reset the collar bone.
脊椎怎么样呢?
And the spine?
只有过段时间才知道
Time will tell.
我要把他抱床上去休息吗? -不需要
Should I take him to bed? -No.
就让他这样躺着
Leave him where he is.
我该给他吃什么呢?
And what may I give him?

Water.
发生了什么?
What happened?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!