I know who I am! Why do I need you to tell me?
我知道我是谁 不需要你来提醒我
Why do I need to pretend?
我为什么要假装?
But you don’t, Remy.
但你没有 小米
You never did.
你从来没假装过
No. My other left!
来 左边这一座
Dad? Dad, I’m in here!
老爸? 我在这里
I’m inside the trunk! What the…
我在后车厢里!
Dad!
老爸!
Hey, little brother! Emile!
嘿! 老弟 大米
I love you guys!
我爱你们
Where are you going?
你要去哪里?
Back to the restaurant. They’ll fail without me.
回到餐厅去 他们需要我
Why do you care? Because I’m a cook!
你干嘛那么在乎? 因为我是一个厨师
It’s your recipe.
这是你的食谱
How can you not know your own recipe?
你怎么可能不认识自己的食谱?
I didn’t write it down. It just came to me.
我从来没记下来 都是神来之笔
Then make it come to you again, ja? Because we can’t serve this!
可以再”神来”一次吗? 因为出不了菜了
Where’s my order?
餐单在哪里?
Can’t we serve something else? Something I didn’t invent?
不能出别的菜吗? 就端上不是我发明的菜
This is what they’re ordering.
但是这是客人点的菜呀
Make them order something else. Tell them we’re all out.
请客人点些别的 就说卖光了
We cannot be all out. We just opened.
我说不出口 我们才开门营业
I have another idea. What if we serve them what they order!
不然我们正常照餐单出菜
We will make it. Just tell us what you did.
你只要告诉我们怎么做就行了
I don’t know what I did.
我不知道怎么做
We need to tell the customers something.
必须给顾客一个交待
Then tell them… Tell them…
就说… 就说…
Don’t do it. Remy. Remy.
不要啊 小米!小米
Don’t! Stop! They’ll see you. Stop.
不! 别进去 他们会发现你的
We’re not talking about me. We’re talking about what to do right…
我不是重点 重点是现在该做什么?
Rats!
老鼠
Remy! Get my knife.
小米 拿刀子来
Don’t touch him!
别碰它
Thanks for coming back, Little Chef.
谢谢你回来 小主厨
I know this sounds insane, but…
我知道这听起来很无厘头
Well, the truth sounds insane sometimes.
有些事实很难令人相信
But that doesn’t mean it’s not
但不表示那就是假的
the truth.
事实
And the truth is, I have no talent at all.
这事实就是 我一点天份也没有
But this rat, he’s the one behind these recipes.
这只老鼠才是食谱的创造者
He’s the cook. The real cook. He’s been hiding under my toque.
它是不折不扣的厨师 它一直躲在我的帽子里
He’s been controlling my actions.
它指导我做菜
He’s the reason I can cook the food that’s exciting everyone.
它是我煮出令人惊喜美食的原因
The reason Ego is outside that door.
也是伊古在门外的原因
You’ve been giving me credit for his gift.
因为它的天分 所以你们信任我
I know it’s a hard thing to believe.
我知道这很难置信
But, hey, you believed I could cook, right?
但你们相信我能煮菜 对吧?
Look, this works. It’s crazy, but it works.
这行得通的 虽然有点疯狂 但一定行得通
We can be the greatest restaurant in Paris,
我们可以成为巴黎最伟大的餐厅
and this rat, this brilliant Little Chef, can lead us there.
而这只聪明的小老鼠 可以帮助我们达成
What do you say? You with me?
你们认为呢? 可以吗?
Dad.
老爸
Dad, I don’t know what to say.
老爸 我不知该说什么好
I was wrong about your friend and about you.
我误会你和你的朋友了
I don’t want you to think I’m choosing this over family.
我不想让你以为 我的选择比家庭重要
I can’t choose between two halves of myself.
这两件事对我而言同等重要
I’m not talking about cooking. I’m talking about guts.
我不是指烹饪 我说的是勇气
This really means that much to you?
那对你真的很重要吗?
We’re not cooks, but we are family.
我们不是厨师 但我们是一家人
You tell us what to do, and we’ll get it done.
告诉我们怎么做 我们来搞定它
(巴黎市区:卫生检查员)
Stop that health inspector! Delta Team, go, go, go, go!
阻止那位卫生检查员! 三角洲小组 上上上
The rest of you stay and help Remy.
其他成员留下来帮助小米
(工作前务必洗手)
Team three will be handling fish. Team four, roasted items. NTeam three will be handling fish. Team four, roasted items.
第三小队 处理那些鱼 第四小队 负责烘焙
Team five, grill. Team six, sauces. Get to your stations. Let’s go, go, go!
第五小队烧烤 第六小队调味 各就各位 快 快 快!
Those handling food will walk on two legs.
不要用走路的脚掌碰那些食物
We need someone to wait tables.
我们需要一位外场
I’m sorry for any delay, but we’re a little short tonight.
不好意思 有点耽误了 今晚人手不足
Please, take all of the time you need.
慢慢忙吧
He came in late one more time and all of a sudden he…
他又晚了来 然后突然…
Make sure that steak is nice and tenderized.
一定要让那块牛排滑嫩好入口
Work it. Yeah. Stick and move. Stick and move.
加油! 加油!
Easy with that sole meuniere. Less salt. More butter.
法式比目鱼作法要温柔一点 少点盐 多点奶油
Only use the mimolette cheese.
只准用米莫雷特奶油
Whoa! Compose the salad like you were painting a picture.
搅拌拉沙时想像你在画画
Not too much vinaigrette on that salade composee.
沙拉别加太多油醋汁
Don’t let that beurre blanc separate. Keep whisking.
别让白酱分解 继续搅拌
Gently poach the scallops. Taste check. Spoons down.
扇贝要开文火煮 食物测试时把汤匙放低
Good. Too much salt. Good.
很好 再多点盐 很好
Don’t boil the consomme, it’ll toughen the pheasant. Emile!
汤别滚太久 那会让雉鸡肉变太老 大米
Sorry.
对不起
Colette, wait! Colette.
乐乐 等一下 乐乐
You came back. Colette… Don’t say a word.
你回来了 乐乐 什么都别说
If I think about it, I might change my mind.
在我还没改变心意之前
Just tell me what the rat wants to cook.
告诉我那只老鼠想要做什么菜?
Ratatouille? It’s a peasant dish.
法式杂菜煲? 这是时令菜呀
Are you sure you want to serve this to Ego?
你确定要给伊古吃这个?
What? I am making ratatouille.
怎么? 我正要做法式杂菜煲
Well, how would you prepare it?
不然你要怎么做?
Ratatouille? They must be joking.
法式杂菜煲? 这一定是开玩笑
No, it can’t be.
不 这不可能
Who cooked the ratatouille? I demand to know!
这菜是哪位厨师做的? 快告诉我
I can’t remember the last time
我已经忘了上一次
I asked a waiter to give my compliments to the chef.
要求服务生代为向厨师致意 是什么时候的事了
And now I find myself in the extraordinary position
现在情形很特殊
of having my waiter be the chef.
服务生就是我的主厨
Thanks, but I’m just your waiter tonight.
谢谢 但今晚我只是个服务生
Then who do I thank for the meal?
那请问这道菜是谁做的呢?
Excuse me a minute.
请等一下
You must be the chef…
你一定那位大厨…
If you wish to meet the chef, you will have to wait
如果你执意要见厨师 你必须稍等一下
until all the other customer have gone.
等到所有客人都离开以后
So be it.
好 我等
At first, Ego thinks it’s a joke.
首先 伊古以为这是个玩笑
But as Linguini explains, Ego’s smile disappears.
但随着小林的解释 伊古脸上的笑容不见了
He doesn’t react beyond asking an occasional question.
他不发一语 偶而提出问题
And when the story is done, Ego stands, thanks us for the meal…
当解释告一段落 伊古起身致谢
Thank you for the meal.
谢谢你的美食
and leaves without another word.
…离开 没有再说半句话 …
The following day his review appears.
第二天 伊古的评论刊登在报上
In many ways, the work of a critic is easy.
就许多方面来说 评论家的工作很轻松
We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those
我们冒的风险很小 却握有无比的权力
who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment.
人们必须奉上自己和作品 供我们评论
We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read.
我们喜欢吹毛求疵 因为读写皆饶富趣味
But the bitter truth we critics must face is that in the grand scheme of things,
但我们评论家得面对难堪的事实 就是以价值而言
the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful
我们的评论 可能根本比不上
than our criticism designating it so.
我们大肆批评的平庸事物
But there are times when a critic truly risks something
可是 有时评论家必须冒险
and that is in the discovery and defense of the new.
去发掘并捍卫新的事物
The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations.
这世界常苛刻的对待 新秀、新的创作
The new needs friends.
新的事物需要人支持
Last night, I experienced something new,
昨晚 我有个全新的体验
an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source.
一顿奇妙的菜肴 来自令人意想不到的出处!
To say that both the meal and its maker
如果说这顿菜肴和它的创作者
have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking
挑战了我对美食先入为主的观念
is a gross understatement.
这么说还太含蓄
They have rocked me to my core.
他们彻底的震撼了我
In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain
过去我曾公开呛声
for Chef Gusteau’s famous motto, “Anyone can cook.”
对食神的名言: “料理非难事” 嗤之以鼻!
But I realize only now do I truly understand what he meant.
不过我发现 现在我终于真正了解他的意思

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!