They use this classroom for grown-up lessons at night.
应该是他们留下的
They must have left it up there.
奈杰尔
Nigel. Nigel. Nigel.
奈杰尔
Nigel.
放轻松
Relax.
做得好
Well done.
谁愿意把黑板擦干净
Now, who would like to polish off what’s on the board?
-我 -亨尼老师 我
-Oh, me! -Miss Honey, me!
玛蒂尔达
Matilda.
不如你来吧
How about you?
今天我们将练习阅读
So… today is reading.
-好极了 -好极了
这本书实际上是给九岁孩子读的
Now, this book is actually for nine-year-olds…
但因为你们都表现得很好
but you’re all doing so well…
我觉得我们可以试试看
that I thought we’d give this a try.
我要你们阅读第一章
I’d like you all to read the first chapter.
-埃里克 什么叫章节呢 -那是故事中的一部分 老师
-Eric, what is a chapter? -It’s a chunk of a story, Miss.
非常好 埃里克
Absolutely perfect, Eric.
我希望你们可以阅读第一部分
What I’m hoping is that you can all read the first chunk,
然后再讨论如何…
then we’ll discuss how…
玛蒂尔达 你在做什么
Matilda, what are you doing?
我在尝试解决
Well, I’m polishing it off.
正如你所吩咐
Like you said.
不 我是指擦干净的意思
No, I meant polish it off.
你这是 答对了
Is that… correct?
嗯 是的
Well, yeah.
然后我就想不如直接把剩下的也做完
And then I thought I may as well do the rest.
剩下的
The rest?
就是质数
You know, the prime numbers.
其中X是AB重复次数的平方
Where X is the square of AB reoccur.
这应该是序列中的一部分 所以他们才会这么作答
So I realized they must have done it knowing it was part of a sequence.
数学是你的最爱吗
Is maths your favorite thing?
还好 我比较喜欢阅读
It’s okay. But what I really like is reading.
感觉就好像在脑海中度假
It’s like a holiday in your head.
你经常这样做吗
And do you do that a lot?
我是指通过书本来逃离一切
Get away from everything. In books, I mean.
嗯 我在这个星期都读了很多
Oh, yeah, I read loads this week.
很多 在短短一个星期以内
Loads. In one week?
那你这个星期看了什么书
So, which books did you read this week?
《尼古拉斯尼克贝》 《简爱》
Nicholas Nickleby, Jane Eyre,
《德伯家的苔丝》 《人鼠之间》
Tess of the D’Urbervilles, Of Mice and Men,
《指环王》
The Lord of the Rings,
《白鲸》 《罪与罚》
Moby Dick, Crime and Punishment,
还有
and…
《戴帽子的猫》
The Cat in the Hat.
(蛆虫禁止擅闯 )
(校长)
不要出丑
Don’t be pathetic.
进来
Enter.
别吞吞吐吐地呆着 有话直说
Don’t just stand there like a wet tissue, get on with it.
是的 对不起
Yes, yes, sorry.
那个 特朗奇布尔校长
So, Miss Trunchbull, there is…
我的班上有一位 叫玛蒂尔达沃姆伍德的女生
in my class, a girl called Matilda Wormwood and–
玛蒂尔达沃姆伍德 是哈里沃姆伍德先生的女儿
Matilda Wormwood, daughter of Mr. Harry Wormwood.
他是个很不错的人
Excellent man.
关于这小鬼 他的确警告过我
He warned me about the brat though.
说她像个瘊子
Said she’s a real… wart.
不 校长 我想并不是…
No, Headmistress, I don’t think–
不 你不会这么想
No. No, you do not.
我们的校训是什么 亨尼老师
What is the school motto, Miss Honey?
孩子最伟大
Bambinatum est Maggitum.
孩子最伟大 “孩子是蛆虫”
Bambinatum est Maggitum. “Children are maggots.”
感谢你让我留意这个小鬼
Thank you for bringing this one to my attention.
我会在适当的时候销毁她 再会
I shall destroy it in due course. Good day.
特朗奇布尔校长 我相信 玛蒂尔达沃姆伍德是个天才
Miss Trunchbull, it is my belief that Matilda Wormwood is a genius.
什么 不可能
What? No. No.
我不是才告诉你吗 她是个流氓
Haven’t I just told you? She is a gangster.
我用计算器都算不出来的东西 她心算就得出答案了
She can do maths in her head that I couldn’t do with a calculator.
还有她读过的书
And the books she’s read.
我认为她应该和11岁的学生 一同上六年级
It is my opinion that she should be placed in the top form with the 11-year-olds.
马上立刻
Immediately.
规则必须跟从不是吗 亨尼
But what about the rules, Honey?
我相信玛蒂尔达沃姆伍德
I believe that Matilda Wormwood is…
可以破例
an exception to the rules.
可以
An exception?
破例
To the rules?
在我的学校
In my school? I– I–
看看我的奖杯
♪ Look at my trophies ♪
看看我的奖杯在阳光下闪闪发光
♪ See how my trophies Gleam in the sunlight ♪
看看有多么的耀眼
♪ See how they shine ♪
你认为成为1959年英国链球冠军
♪ What do you think it took to become English Hammer-Throwing Champion ♪
需要多少付出
♪ 1959 ♪
你觉得在那一刻 当关键时刻到来时
♪ Do you think in that moment When my big moment came ♪
我以随意的蔑视对待规则
♪ That I treated the rules With casual disdain
是吗 绝对不是
♪ Well? Like hell! ♪
踏入投掷圈时 我改变了计划吗
♪ As I stepped up to the circle Did I change my plan? ♪
什么
♪ Hmm? What? ♪
当我在手掌上涂防滑粉时 我挥手了吗
♪ As I chalked up my palms Did I wave my hands? ♪
并没有
♪ I did not ♪
当我开始旋转时 我看风景了吗
♪ As I started my spin Did I look at the view? ♪
我是否心不在焉地 做了一两分钟的白日梦
♪ Did I drift off and dream For a minute or two? ♪
你认为我有动摇 还是改变了旋转的方式
♪ Do you think I faltered Or amended my rotation? ♪
你认为我改变了我的出手角度吗
♪ Do you think I altered My intended elevation? ♪
当链球起飞时 我是否改变了 用力丢球后发出的声音
♪ As the hammer took off Did I change my grunt ♪
这种声音我练习了好几个月
♪ From the grunt I had practiced For many a month? ♪
一丁点都没有偏离原本计划
♪ Not a jot nor a dot Did I stray from the plot ♪
投掷的每一个细节都没被调整或遗忘
♪ Not a detail of my throw Was adjusted or forgotten ♪
甚至当链球离开我的双手
♪ Not even when the hammer left my hands ♪
高高飞扬 越过站台
♪ And sailed high up Up above the stands ♪
我是否让自己放松
♪ Did I let myself go? ♪
没有
♪ No, no, no ♪
没有
♪ No, no, no, no, no ♪
她成功了 果然最优秀
She’s done it! She is the best!
如果你想为国家投掷链球
♪ If you want to throw the hammer For your country ♪
你必须永远留在圈子里
♪ You have to stay inside The circle all the time ♪
如果你想加入团队 你不需要幸福或自尊
♪ If you want to make the team You don’t need happiness or self-esteem
你只需要把脚保持在线内
♪ You just need to keep your feet Inside the line ♪
唱吧 孩子
Sing, children.
二 三 四
Two, three, four.
如果你想为国家
♪ If you want To throw the hammer ♪
-投掷链球 -孩子最伟大
-♪ For your country ♪ -♪ Bambinatum est Maggitum ♪
你必须永远
♪ You have to stay inside the circle ♪
留在圈子里
♪ All the time ♪
最伟大
♪ Maggitum, Maggitum ♪
如果想教养出成功的孩子
♪ And if you want to teach success ♪
不是靠同情或温柔
♪ You don’t use sympathy or tenderness ♪
温柔
♪ Tenderness ♪
必须强迫小家伙顺势而为
♪ You have to force the little squits To toe the line ♪
唱吧 珍妮
Sing, Jenny!
如果你想为国家
♪ If you want to throw the hammer ♪
-投掷链球 -孩子最伟大
-♪ For your country ♪ -♪ Bambinatum est Maggitum ♪
你必须永远
♪ You have to stay inside the circle ♪
留在圈子里
♪ All the time ♪
最伟大
♪ Maggitum, Maggitum ♪
圆圈是
♪ Circulum est ♪
上帝
♪ Deus, Deus ♪
荣耀
♪ Gloria ♪
我只应用一个简单的规则
♪ I apply just one simple rule ♪
无论是对投掷链球 生活或学校
♪ To hammer-throwing, life and school ♪
生活就像一粒球 必须学会投掷
♪ Life’s a ball so learn to throw it ♪
找出那笨拙的线并顺势而为
♪ Find the bally line and toe it ♪
永远把脚保持在线内
♪ And always keep your feet Inside the line ♪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!