-就像独♥立♥乐队的首张专辑 -谢谢
– It’s the first album of an indie band. – Thank you.
散发着自然的热情
It has that sort of unselfconscious verve,
你难以…
that you don’t…
当然下一部作品就不这么容易创作了
Then, of course, there’s the second album syndrome,
这我们就不说了
which we don’t talk about that.
大家都爱这本书
Everyone loves this book,
但我们想听听你现在在干嘛
but we wanna hear what you’re doing now.
重要的是当下你在写什么 你…
What matters is right now. What are you working on? Are you…?
他们爱你 然后再抛弃你
They love you, then they throw you away.
我是说 如果我要写什么人的话
I mean, if I’m gonna include anybody.
如果你表现平庸 那还好过点
It’s actually easier if you’ve only ever been mediocre.
如果你已攀上顶峰
If you’ve been at the top,
-你好 抱歉 -你好
– Hi. Sorry. – Hi.
这将至你于死地
it can kill you.
所以 塞林杰是对的
Yeah, Salinger had the right idea.
他像你一样能写 然后 噗的一下消失了
He write what you can, then, pssh, disappear, you know?
J·D·塞林杰 美国作家 著有《麦田里的守望者》作者
我喝酒了
So I’ve had a drink.
但是没有嗑药 没有磕
But no coke. I didn’t… No coke.
我不吸毒
I didn’t do any coke.
斯科蒂
Scotty?
斯科蒂
Scotty?
抱歉回来晚了 伙计
Sorry I’m late, buddy.
斯科蒂
Scotty?
斯科蒂 怎么搞的
Scotty, what the fuck?
她好可爱
She’s so cute.
什么
what?
你的狗 她好可爱
Your dog. She’s so cute.
他是公的
Oh, he’s a boy dog.
他刚刚像女孩一样尿尿
He just peed like a girl.
我们之前见过吗
Have we met before?
我想没有
I don’t think so.
你介意我画他吗
Do you mind if I draw him?
但别离他太近
Uh, but don’t get too close.
他有点怕人
He’s a little scared of people.
-你是画家 -是的
– You’re an artist? – Yeah.
-我很棒的 -是吗
– I’m super good. – Really?
-你的狗叫什么 -斯科蒂
– What’s your dog’s name? – Uh, Scotty.
-你是苏格兰人吗 -不是
– Are you Scottish? – No.
我以F·斯科特·菲茨杰拉德给他取的名
I named him for F. Scott Fitzgerald.
-谁 -F·斯科特·菲茨杰拉德
– Who? – F. Scott Fitzgerald.
小说家
The novelist.
《了不起的盖茨比》
Great Gatsby.
我不怎么看小说
I don’t read a lot of fiction.
你没听过F·斯科特·菲茨杰拉德吗
You’ve never heard of F. Scott Fitzgerald?
怎么 他很有名很有地位吗
Why? Is he really famous and important?
他可以说是史上最伟大的小说家之一
Well, he’s probably one of the greatest novelists who ever lived.
那不失礼吗
Isn’t that disrespectful?
什么
What?
管你的狗叫他的名 有点不敬吧
Naming your dog after him? It’s a little disrespectful.
-不 这是一种示意 -挑衅的示意
– No, It’s a gesture. – Yeah, an aggressive gesture.
你想 你是个小说家
Think about it. You’re a novelist.
你觉得他特别了不起
You think this guy’s the greatest.
所以你给你的狗起他的名字 来杀他威风
So you name your dog after him to cut him down to size.
这样 你就能牵着他
This way, you can put him on a leash
冲他喊”坏斯科蒂”
and yell “Bad Scotty”,
因为在屋里小便而觉得高他一等
and feel all superior because you pee inside.
灭了你的偶像 我支持你
Kill your idols, man. I’m all for it.
好吧 斯科蒂
All right. Scotty.
等一下
Hang on.
-真漂亮 -是啊
– This is beautiful. – Yeah.
你的狗像女孩一样尿尿 可我喜欢他
Your dog might pee like a lady, but I like him anyway.
你刚才说什么
Hey, what did you just say?
我就喜欢他这样
I like him just the way he is.
对啊
Yes.
对啊 没错
Yes. Yes.
就这句 没错
Yes. Yes.
“映入眼帘仿佛…血液回流…
“pooled into his eyes as though…. Rushed back like blood….
“卡尔文脸红了…”
“Calvin flushed with….”
你是天才
You’re a genius.
我以为我们不能用这个词
I thought we weren’t gonna use that word.
你真是超级无敌巨厉害
You are really, really super fucking smart.
“再不好我都喜欢”
“I’d like it to be bad.”
很高兴你找到了激发灵感的东西
I’m glad you found something that inspires you.
岂止是激发灵感
lnspires me?
我沉浸在其中 简直废寝忘食
It overwhelms me. I literally cannot sleep or eat.
我只想写作
All I want I do is write.
我是说 我今天差点不来了
I mean, I almost didn’t come here today
因为我不想离开她
because I didn’t wanna be away from her.
-天啊 -怎么了
– Oh, God. – What?
天啊 我不能说
Oh, my God. Oh, I can’t say it out loud.
-这太傻了 -我喜欢你说傻事
– It’s too stupid. – I love it when you say stupid things.
-不行 这个不是一般傻 -好吧
– Oh, no, this is really profoundly stupid. – Okay.
好吧 我写的这个男孩…
Okay, so the guy I’m writing….
他叫什么
Yeah, what’s his name?
卡尔文
Uh, Calvin.
我打算改名 算了反正是照着我写的
I’m gonna change it. Uh, anyway, there’s a lot of me in him.
我要说的是
What I’m trying to say is,
我写作就是为了多和她相处
it’s almost like I’m writing to spend time with her.
-谁 -那个姑娘
– Who? – The girl.
我写的这个姑娘 我晚上睡觉
The one I’m writing. It’s, I go to sleep at night,
就是等着打字时能和她在一起
just waiting to get to my typewriter so I can be with her.
好像 好像我爱上她了
It’s like, It’s like I’m falling in love with her.
-很好啊 -我不能爱上我笔下的姑娘
– That’s wonderful. – I can’t fall in love with a girl I write.
-为什么不能 -因为她不是真人
– Why not? – Because she’s not real.
-她不是真人 你确定 -确定
– Isn’t she? Are you sure? – No. Yes.
她就是我想象中的一个人物
She’s some motherfucking product of my imagination!
-莱拉对我太差了 -我懂
– Oh, Lila treated me so badly. – I know.
谁会在别人父亲去世之后狠心离开
Who leaves someone after their father dies?
一个不懂得爱你的人
Someone who couldn’t love you properly.
-无情的荡♥妇♥ -行了
– Someone who is a heartless slut. – Okay.
跟我说说她
Well, tell me about her.
我不想再提莱拉了
I don’t wanna talk about Lila anymore.
我是说你笔下那个姑娘 说说她
Well, I meant this girl that you’re writing. Tell me about her.
茹比
Ruby.
茹比·斯派克斯
Ruby Sparks.
26岁 在俄亥俄的代顿市长大
Twenty-six years old. Raised in Dayton, Ohio.
-为什么是代顿 -听上去很浪漫
– Why Dayton? – Sounds romantic.
茹比的初恋是亨弗莱·鲍嘉和约翰·列侬
Ruby’s first crushes were Humphrey Bogart and John Lennon.
她发现他们已经死了的时候哭了一天
Cried the day she found out they were already dead.
茹比高中时被开除
Ruby got kicked out of high school
因为和自己的美术老师上♥床♥
for sleeping with her art teacher
或者西语老师 我还没定
or maybe her Spanish teacher. I haven’t decided yet.
茹比不会开车 也没有电脑
Ruby can’t drive. She doesn’t own a computer.
她讨厌自己的中间名 蒂凡尼
She hates her middle name, which is Tiffany.
她总是支持弱者
She always, always roots for the underdog.
她很难懂 我最喜欢她这点
She’s complicated. That’s what I like best about her.
茹比生活上有时粗枝大叶
Ruby’s not so good at life sometimes.
她忘记查看账单或兑现支票
She forgets to open bills or cash checks
她上一个男友49岁
and her last boyfriend was 49.
上上一个男友是个酒鬼
The one before that was an alcoholic.
她能感受到变化即将来临 她在寻找
She can feel a change coming. She’s looking for it.
寻找什么
Looking for what?
新事物
Something new.
-感觉不错吧 -我们能停一下吗
– Feels good, right? – Can we stop a second?
怎么了 你还好吧
why? You all right?
-苏 -什么事
– Hey, Sue. – Yeah?
他们没有辣椒粉 所以我买♥♥了小茴香
They didn’t have paprika, so I got cumin.
这俩是一种东西 对吗
They’re the same thing, right?
迈尔斯睡着了 你要是弄醒他 我就揍你
Miles went down. If you wake him, I will beat you.
卡尔文 你得谢谢我帮你清理烤箱

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!