我…
I…
这是种发泄的方法
That’s a way to put it.
我要告诉你件事
I’m going to tell you something,
李 你做好听的准备了吗
Lee. Are you ready to listen?
是的
Yes.
你在听吗
Are you listening?
你永远
You will never,
不准再自残
ever cut yourself again.
知道了吗
Do you understand?
我说得够清楚吗
Have I made that perfectly clear?
你现在已经翻过那一页了
You’re over that now.
那都是过去的事了
It’s in the past.
好的
Yes.
永远不要
Never again.
好的
Okay.
你知道我现在想让你干什么吗
Now, you know what I want you to do?
我想让你早点下班
I want you to leave work early.
你是个大姑娘 是成熟的女人
You’re a big girl, a grown woman.
不需要你妈每天来接你回去
Your mother doesn’t need to pick you up every day.
我要你好好走路回家 呼吸新鲜空气
I want you to take a nice walk home, in the fresh air.
因为你需要放松
Because you require relief.
因为你不会再那样做了
Because you won’t be doing that anymore.
对吗
Will you?
不会了 先生
No, sir.

Good.
看这是谁提前下班了
Look who’s early.

Mom,
从今以后我要走路回家
I’m going to walk home from now on.
我从霍金斯公园抄了近路
I took a shortcut through Hawkins Park,
感觉像我之前从没独自走过路似得
and it was as if I’d never taken a walk by myself before.
我仔细想了想
And when I thought about it,
意识到也许我真的从没独自走过路
I realized I probably never had taken a walk alone.
但因为他允许了我这么做
But because he had given me the permission to do this,
因为他坚持要我这么做
because he’d insisted I do it,
我一个人走着却感觉像被他挽着一样
I felt held by him as I walked along.
感觉他就在我身边
I felt he was with me.
与此同时
At the same time,
我感觉格雷先生身上有什么在壮大着
I was feeling something growing in Mr. Grey,
从他内心更阴暗处爬出的暧昧的藤蔓
an intimate tendril creeping from one of his darker areas,
被他发现的关于我的某个秘密浇灌着
nursed on the feeling that he had discovered something about me.
第二天 我甚至都没带
The next day, I didn’t
我的美容剪和碘酒
even bring my cuticle scissors and my iodine.
但我还是打错字了
But I did make another typing mistake.
你是有什么毛病 你要做的只有两件事
What is wrong with you? That is all you have to do.
打字和接电♥话♥ 这都没法做好吗
Type and answer the phones. Is that beyond you?
-我很抱歉 -你当然很抱歉
– I’m sorry. – Well, it certainly seems to be.
-对不起 -别跟我道歉
– I’m sorry. – Don’t apologize to me!
你满脑子都想的什么
What goes on inside that head of yours?
拿上那封信到我办公室来
Come into my office and bring that letter.
把信放我桌上
Put the letter on my desk.
现在 我要你朝桌子弯下腰去
Now, I want you to bend over the desk,
直视那封信
so you’re looking directly at it.
把脸贴近信
Get your face very close to the letter,
大声地把信读出来
and read the letter aloud.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
没什么需要明白的
There’s nothing to understand.
手肘撑在桌上 弯腰
Put your elbows on the desk, bend over,
把脸贴近信 大声读出来
get your face close to the letter and read it aloud.
“亲爱的加维先生”
“Dear Mr. Garvey,”
“我非常感激您找”
“I’m grateful to you for referring…”
继续
Continue.
霍洛韦女士 继续读
Ms. Holloway, read.
“找我咨♥询♥您的案子”
“For referring me to your case.”
“关于动物圈养的课题”
“The subject of animal captivity has”
“我已经感兴趣很久了”
“been of interest to me for quite a while.”
“我的秘书已经准备好了研究材料”
“And my secretary has prepared research material”
“我想会对您有所启发”
“that I think you’ll find illuminating.”
“如能有幸”
“If you would be so kind”
“还望您将我们谈到的六月五日那封信发与我”
“as to send me the June 5th letter of which we spoke,
“我和同事们会马上复查一遍”
“my associates and I will review it immediately.”
“请您在方便的时候打电♥话♥给我”
“Please feel free to call me at your earliest convenience.”
“真诚的 E·爱德华·格雷”
“Yours sincerely, E. Edward Grey.”
再读一遍
Read it again.
“亲爱的加维先生”
“Dear Mr. Garvey,”
“我非常感激您”
“I am grateful to you”
“找我咨♥询♥您的案子”
“for referring me to your case.”
“关于动物圈养的课题”
“The subject of animal captivity has been of interest to me”
“我已经感兴趣很久了”
“for quite a while.”
“我的秘书已经准备好了研究材料”
“And my secretary has prepared research material”
“我想会对您有所启发”
“that I think you’ll find illuminating.”
站起来再去打一遍
Now straighten yourself up and go type it again.
霍洛韦女士 这遍打得好
Ms. Holloway. Good letter.

Mom?
可以把橱柜上的锁拿掉了
The lock can come off the cabinet now.
亲爱的
Honey.
给我办公室门口走廊换个灯泡
Replace the light bulb in the hallway to my office.
120瓦的
120 watts.
格雷先生
Mr. Grey.
很高心再次见到你 加维先生
Good to see you again, Mr. Garvey.
你一定记得我的秘书 霍洛韦女士
You remember my secretary, Ms. Holloway.
很抱歉我打错了字
I’m sorry about the typo.
有上等腰肉牛排 土豆泥
It’s porterhouse steak, mashed,
不 是奶油土豆
no, creamed potatoes,
青豆 冰茶还有冰淇淋
green peas, iced tea and ice cream.
只准吃一勺奶油土豆
Okay. Just a scoop of creamed potatoes,
一片黄油 四颗青豆
and a slice of butter, four peas
然后冰淇淋你想吃多少吃多少 美女
and as much ice cream as you’d like to eat, doll.
《时尚》杂♥志♥建议
Cosmo’s advice for getting
要想让你的男人更亲密地分享他的感受
your man to share his feelings more intimately
首先要试着来点轻松的幽默
is to first try some breezy humor.
不管你做什么 不要太快地去谈情说爱
Whatever you do, don’t jump too quickly into relationship talk.
我是你的秘书
I’m your secretary.
我是你的秘书
I’m your secretary.
只准吃一勺奶油土豆
Just one scoop of creamed potatoes,
一片黄油
one slice of butter,
和四颗青豆
and four peas.
有多远…
How many inches away. . .
你去地下室之前
Had you turned off the
关了暖炉吗
furnace before you went down to the basement?
好吧
Okay.
也许你没拧紧
Maybe you didn’t squeeze it hard enough.
好吧 爆♥炸♥的可能性总是有的
Well, there’s always concern about it bursting.
不 天哪 不
No! God, no.
我一直没时间去管它
I haven’t had time to get to that.
我已经在尽力做了
I’m doing as much as I possibly can.
你在房♥子下面匍匐时她在哪
Where was she when you crawled under the house?
那保险箱呢 你走之前有用泥盖住吗
And the lock-box? Did you cover it with dirt before you left?
楼上的泥
Mud upstairs?
不 我给弄糊涂了
No, I’m confused by that.
但是
But…
好吧 这是那个超重的孩子
All right. This was the overweight child,
还是你巴尔的摩的那个外甥
or your nephew from Baltimore?
在楼梯扶栏上
On the banister.
我得工作
I have to work.
好的 给我一周时间 我会给你点东西
Okay. Give me a week and I’ll have something for you.
很抱歉 最近办公室实在
I’m sorry, the office has been
太忙了
overwhelmed.
格雷先生 我要回家了
Mr. Grey, l’m going to go home now.
如果你还需要打字的话 我可以晚点再回来
If you need any more typing done, l could come back later.
谢谢 霍洛韦女士 晚安
Thank you, Ms. Holloway, good night.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
前一篇文章时间简史
下一篇文章新岳父大人
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!