in the comic business and maybe in any other business.
你是我们期待已久的优秀作家 别忘了
It just was as though you were the answer to a prayer. Remember, you…
你接手写《神奇四侠》 接手写《复仇者联盟》
You took over the Fantastic Four. You took over the Avengers, the X…
所有故事几乎都是你写的 -大部分
I guess you did almost all the stories. – Most.
写得非常好 吸引了不少追随者
And as good as anybody could have wanted. Built up your own following.
粉丝开始爱上你 我也开始讨厌你
I began to hate you – as the fans began to love you.
当上出品人后 我就鲜少写作
When I became publisher, I stopped most of the writing.
写作时我有完全的掌控权
When I was writing, I had total control of them.
故事会照我的意思
And they matured, if you want to use that word,
成熟发展
the way I wanted them to.
但我发觉一旦停写一个连载系列
But I realized, the minute you stop writing a series
别的作家就会接手 以自己的方式创作
and other writers take over, they’ve got to do it their way.
漫画刚开始描写男性英雄
Comic books started out really dealing with male heroes
因为当时 多年前
’cause at that time, years ago,
根本没人想过要多点女英雄
nobody even thought to have too many women heroes.
但现在我是出品人
But now, as publisher,
我发现读者有一成是女性
I have found that 10% of our readers are females.
我们想增加读者群
So we ourselves are trying to increase that readership.
过去这几年
And these past few months and years,
我们增加了越来越多女性角色
we’ve been adding more and more female characters.
有个野蛮人角色叫红太阳
We have one character who’s a barbarian called Red Sonja,
史前时期的人物
in the pre-historical days.
她挥舞利剑 很厉害
She wields a sword and she’s great.
有个角色叫美杜莎 还有黑寡妇
We have a character called Medusa. We have the Black Widow.
有个新角色叫惊奇少女 她以后会很重要
We have a new one called Ms. Marvel. She’s gonna be a big one.
那是我在那里工作的多年以来
It was the first time in all the years I had been working there
第一次给漫画家做书的自♥由♥
that I had given the artists the freedom to do the books
让他们照自己的意思创作
the way they wanted to do them.
(恐♥怖♥分♥子♥的圈套)
我发现有点困难 我后悔的是
I find it’s a little bit difficult now. The one thing that I regret,
我们无法24小时在一起
of course, we’re not together 24 hours a day.
罗伊在家写作
Roy does his writing at home,
我们失去了一点对所有角色的
and we’ve lost a little bit of that perfect control we had
完全掌控权
over all the characters.
(漫画方向已然改变)
偶尔我可能想用某个反派 就对罗伊说
Once or twice, I may wanna use a certain villain, and I’ll say to Roy,
「下期我要让八爪博士回来」 罗伊会说
say “I’m gonna bring back Dr. Octopus in the next issue,” and Roy’ll say,
「斯坦 不可以 我刚刚在复仇者联盟里让他回来了」
“Oh, Stan, you can’t. I just did it in the Avengers.”
懂吗?情况变得有点麻烦
You see? And it makes it a little difficult.
有些时候大家配合得并不好
There probably are times where things don’t gel
不如预期般顺利
or dovetail quite as perfectly.
但那是我们必须忍♥受的小缺点
But that’s one of the little things we have to put up with
因为情况已发展至此
because of the fact that we’ve grown so.
(老漫威之友)
(蜘蛛侠诞生的树)
我闲得发慌 我是出品人
I’ve reached the pinnacle of idleness, I’m now the publisher.
他们把我赶到楼上
They kicked me upstairs.
我的职责是监督别人写作
And it’s my job to see to it that the other people do all the writing,
但我真的很怀念写作
but I really miss the writing.
(我不在时请浇水 斯坦上)
他们任命我当出品人 我成了商人
When they named me the publisher of this thing, I became a big businessman.
我一直想成为重要人物
I always wanted to become somebody important,
但我不是商人
but I’m not a businessman.
我对数字实在没兴趣
I’ve really no interest in working with figures and things like that.
董事会要我提出五年计划
The board of directors, they wanted me to come up with a five-year plan.
五年后有何目标 需要多少预算?
Where will we be in five years and how much budget do we need?
对我来说 跟业绩有关的东西都很乏味
But to me, anything that has to do with business is dull.
所以我保留出品人头衔
So I kept the title publisher,
但不只当个商人
but instead of just being a businessman,
我还巡回全国 大力宣扬漫威漫画
I traveled around the country talking up Marvel Comics.
谢谢各位文化爱好者
Thank you, culture-lovers.
(斯坦·李的真心话)
我到各大学 上电视节目
I was going to colleges and television shows
还有电台节目帮漫威宣传
and radio shows pitching Marvel.
漫画界的超级英雄 斯坦·李
The superhero of the comic book business, Stan Lee.
我总觉得漫画是一种重要的文化媒介
I’ve always felt comic books were a more powerful cultural device
比以往更有机会发挥影响力
than they ever had a chance to prove to be.
这时我希望给它们这个机会
I hope to give them that chance now.
我想让漫画的重要性比以往更提升
I want to make comic books much more important than they’ve ever been.
我认为这其实是一场宗教圣♥战♥
Basically, it’s really a religious crusade, I like to think.
没错
Indeed.
这时我已经在漫威待了很多年
By this time, I had been at Marvel for many years.
我有一份终生工作 而且做得很有价值
I had had a lifetime job, and I was damn well worth it.
这是我认为我们该做的
Here’s what I think we ought to do.
我都标出来了
I marked them all up.
但公♥司♥被卖♥♥掉了
But the company was sold.
新公♥司♥的一个老板说
One of the owners of the new company said,
「斯坦 放心 你会比以前更好」
“Stan, don’t worry, you’re going to be better than ever.”
他要给每个人签新合约
And he was gonna give everyone new contracts.
我收到的新合约
So the new contract I was offered was
不是终生约 而是两年约
instead of a lifetime contract, a two-year contract,
我非常不高兴
which made me very unhappy.
我总是懊悔在写这些故事时
I always resented the fact that when I wrote these stories,
从未想过应该取得版权
I never thought, “Gee, I ought to try to copyright something myself and own it.”
故事总是归公♥司♥所有
It always belonged to the company.
从商业的角度来看 那是个错误
So from a business point of view, that was a mistake.
我很伤心 却也无能为力
I was heartbroken. There wasn’t much I could do about it.
在一连串蓄意且致命的恐怖行动中…
In a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts…
(2010年)
该是改变的时候了
It is time for a change.
是 我们可以!
Yes! Yes, we can!
架起摄影机 别让这年轻人等太久
Let’s put a camera up. Let’s not keep this young man waiting.
漫威终于安排妥当
Marvel finally settled things.
清场 麻烦大家
Guys, let’s clear. Everybody, please.
他们给我名誉董事长头衔 荣誉职
They gave me title Chairman Emeritus, which was an honorary title.
我很开心
I was very happy about that.
开始!摄影机!汽车!
And, action! Camera! Car!
斯坦
Stan!
可以吗?
Did it work?
斯坦 非常谢谢你来 我们很荣幸
Stan, thank you so much for being here. It is our absolute pleasure
如果你离开前得一直握手和签名
and forgive us if there’s lots of handshakes and autographs asked
请见谅
before you get out of here,
非常感谢你 很荣幸请到你
but thank you so much. We are honored to have you.
谢谢大家 -谢谢
Thank you! Thanks a lot! – Thank you.
好多人走过来说
So many people walk up and say,
「我想谢谢你带给我们的欢乐」
“I just want to thank you for all the enjoyment you’ve brought.”
我从1940年代就从事这一行
And I’ve been doing this since the 1940s.
当时看过那些漫画的人
People who’ve read the books then
还记得它们 想念它们
still remember them and have stayed with them.
如今他们有了孩子 有人有了孙子
And now they have their own kids. Some have their grandkids.
(声源:漫威影业总裁凯文费吉)
我常回顾1960年代初期在漫威公♥司♥
I often look back at the early ’60s in the famous Marvel bullpen
想到出自斯坦·李想象的那些角色
and think about the characters that came out of the imaginations of Stan Lee,
杰克·柯比、史蒂夫迪特科 及所有共同创作者 真不可思议
Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, and all of the co-creators. It’s incredible.
当我们坐在会议室里
And when we sit around our conference room tables
召开开♥发♥会议 我自己会想
in development sessions on these movies, I find myself thinking,
要是能发挥那种想象力的5%该有多好
“Boy, if we could just tap into 5% of that crucible of imagination.”
我们只是在努力模仿几十年来
We’re just trying to emulate what the comics have been doing so well
漫画的盛况
for so many decades.
在我编写那些漫画的日子里
In the days I was writing those books,
我希望书能畅销
I was hoping they’d sell
以免失业 我才能继续付房♥租
so I wouldn’t lose my job and I could keep paying the rent.
(钢铁侠)
突然间 这些角色闻名全球
All of a sudden, these characters have become world-famous.
他们成了卖♥♥座电影的主角
They’re the subject of blockbuster movies,
我很幸运能在里面轧一角
and I’m lucky enough to get little cameos in ’em.
卡 各位先生女士 钢铁侠创作者
Cut. Ladies and gentlemen, that’s a camera wrap
斯坦·李先生的戏分杀青了
on the creator of Iron Man, Mr. Stan Lee.
我能跟自己创作的角色合作…
The fact that I’m working with characters that I’ve created…
开始
Action.
纽约有超级英雄?拜托
Superheroes in New York? Give me a break.
他们被拍得那么精彩…
And the fact that they are being directed so beautifully…
可以吗?
Did it work?
那是美国队长?我以为他会更高一点
That’s Captain America? I thought he’d be taller.
跟这么专业的人合作 -天啊
To work with such professionals. – Oh, man.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!