as a matter of fact yes i do
客观上讲 确实
and you’re impressed with her charming combination
她集低调审慎与少女天真于一体
of unassuming conscientiousness and girlish naivete
令你难以忘怀
so what if i am?
如果的确如此呢
trouble with us Americans is we always want a tragedy with a happy ending
我们美国人的毛病 就是总向往着一场喜剧收尾的悲剧
hey i need a beer
嘿 来瓶啤酒
Hi Hi
嗨 嗨
you want a drink?
喝点什么吗
a beer please i have to make a call
一杯啤酒 我得去打个电♥话♥
a beer
一杯啤酒
a beer
一杯啤酒
Joe it’s me Sophie
乔 我是苏菲
i won’t be home for an hour so sorry something came up
我一个小时后才会回家 抱歉 临时有事
i’ll do my laundry tomorrow night
我明晚再洗衣服
i’m at a bar with some friends
我和朋友们在酒吧
girlfriends
女性朋友
bye

do you like your job?
你喜欢你的工作吗
it’s okay i get a discount on my books it helps
还行 买♥♥书有折扣 挺有用的
do you like yours?
你喜欢你的吗
not really i’m bad at it
不怎么喜欢 我不擅长
are you bad at it because you don’t like it or
是因为不喜欢才不擅长
do you not like it because you’re bad at it?
还是因为不擅长才不喜欢?
do you think i’m a bad teacher?
你觉得我是个糟糕的老师吗
i have learn things in your class
我在你的课上学到了些东西
you’re a better student than i am a teacher
你作为学生比我作为老师要好
that’s because you give me more attention than the others
因为你对我投入了更多关注
that’s true
的确
does that bother you?
这会困扰到你吗
no
不会
to tell you the truth
老实说
when i feel i’m teaching well
在某些时刻 我觉得自己教得还不错
when i’m making myself clear
觉得自己清楚地表达了内心的想法
when i’m actually encouraging a student to think specifically
觉得自己确实鼓励了学生去更具体地思考
and articulate more appropriately
更妥帖地表达
when i feel this
当我有这些感受时
i’m usually thinking of you
通常是想到了你
does that embarrass you?
你会觉得难堪吗
a little
有点
when i’m reading that really excites me for instance
比如在读书读得很兴奋时
i want desperately to share it with some one
我极度渴望与人分享
it’s you i wanna share it with
而那个人是你
why me?
为什么是我
it’s complicated
原因很复杂
no it’s not
不复杂
it’s not?
不复杂?
it’s because you think i’m pretty
那是因为你觉得我长得漂亮
perhaps
或许吧
i’m sorry it doesn’t change the fact that i care for you
抱歉 但这并不会改变我在乎你这个事实
you hardly know me
你不怎么了解我
that’s true i hardly know anyone but i know how i feel even if i don’t know why
的确 我对谁都算不上了解 但我知道我的感受 哪怕不知道原因
would you like me to tell you something about myself?
想听我讲讲我自己吗
if you want to
如果你愿意的话
i appreciate being taken seriously but i’m always concerned
能被认真对待 我很感激 但我始终担心
that i’m not sufficiently serious
我自己不够认真
i know men look at me and think i’m alright but i think it’s
我知道 男人们觉得我长得还可以 但我觉得
contemptuous to utilize that fact in order to achieve something
借此去图谋些什么 很卑鄙
but if had to i’m afraid i might
但迫不得已的话 恐怕我也会这么做
and that bothers me
这让我很困扰
i’m very curious and i’m afraid of seeming gullible
我好奇心很重 我担心这会让我显得很好骗
so i’m argumentative more than i think i should be
所以我超乎寻常地好辩
what did you lie to your roommate you were out with some one else?
你为什么跟室友撒谎说你跟其他人出来玩了
if people knew we were out together they would say
如果大家知道我们一块出来了 他们会说
i was sleeping with you in order to get a better grade
我为了成绩和你上♥床♥
but we’re not not what
可是我们没有 没有什么
sleeping together
上♥床♥
not yet anyway
是还没有吧
one..two..three..four five..six..seven..eight
一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八
i don’t like this song i love the video
我不喜欢这首歌♥ 我超爱这段录像
can you turn it down i have to study?
能关小声点吗 我得学习了
that guy called again what guy?
那个男的又打电♥话♥来了 哪个男的
you know the one the one you like?
那个 你知道的 你喜欢的那个?
with the long hair
长发那个
did he ask you out? yes
他约你出去?对
but i said i was busy do you think he’ll call back?
但我说我很忙 你觉得他会再打来吗
definitely
绝对会
i wish i had legs like hers
真希望我能有她那样的一双腿
i wish my breasts were smaller
真希望我的胸能小点
do you like this dress?
你喜欢这条裙子吗
i like that one better
我更喜欢那条
i’m going to write a novel
我要写本小说
now? no someday
现在?不 有朝一日
can i help someone? somebody need any help?
需要我帮忙吗 有人需要帮忙吗
somebody need any assistance?
有人需要帮助吗
can i help someone? somebody need any help?
需要我帮忙吗 有人需要帮忙吗
can i help someone?
需要我帮忙吗
you weren’t in class today i’ve missed you
你今天没来上课 我想你了
i’ve missed you too
我也想你了
it was terrible i didn’t know what to do
真是糟透了 我失魂落魄的
i overslept
我睡过头了
my class is a 2 o’clock in the afternoon
我是下午两点的课
let’s not argue
别争了
i’m not arguing i’m concerned
我没争 我是担心
are you eating alright?
吃得好吗
look i’m a grownup person
别这样 我是成年人了
can i see you tonight? perhaps
今晚能见面吗 或许吧
what’s that suppose to mean?
或许是什么意思
it’s what you always say
是你经常这样说
is it? yes perhaps
是吗 是的 或许吧
when do i say that?
我什么时候会这么说
well for instance whenever you don’t want to admit that you’re wrong
比如 当你不想承认自己错了的时候
you always look away and say perhaps
你总会望向别处 说“或许吧”
no i don’t yes you do
不 我不会 你会
i always admit when i’m wrong
我一直都会承认自己的错
that’s not true
才不是
yes it is i cherish my flaws
怎么不是 我珍视自己的缺陷
ah you see that’s another thing you always do
瞧 这又是件你总是会做的事
what is?
什么
whenever you’re losing an argument
每次你争不过
you always depict yourself as hopelessly incompetent
你总会把自己描绘为一个彻头彻尾的无能之辈
as if humbly admiting your shortcomings
就好像是谦虚地承认自己的缺点
somehow places you above the argumentative hand
会使你在争论中占据上风
there for negating the other person’s point of view entirely
因此可以全然否定其他人的观点
you’re pretty thorough
你真是明察秋毫啊
honestly observant
善于观察罢了
i’m pretty flattered i’ll make a note of that
我受宠若惊 记下来了
you haven’t answer my question
你还没有回答我的问题
what question is that?
什么问题来着
can i see you tonight? perhaps
今晚能和你见面吗 或许吧
i’ve gotta go call me
我得走了 电♥话♥联♥系♥
Henry oh hi Jude
亨利 嘿 裘德
what are you doing here?
你在这干嘛
i work here now
我现在在这工作
no kidding yea
真的假的 真的
great job, all these books
这工作不错 这么多书
boss doesn’t like me too much but
老板不是很喜欢我 不过
i always had a problem with authority
我一向和权威过不去
what are you doing here?
你在这干嘛呢
oh i came to see Sophie
我来见苏菲
ahh Sophie
啊 苏菲

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!