between us
但只有你知我知
no one else matters
其他人都不重要
i’m embarrassed
我觉得很难堪
of me?
因为我?
i don’t want to seem like somebody i’m not
我不希望自己看上去像变了个人
to who?
对谁来说
to myself
对我来说
you should go
你该走了
i don’t want to
我不想走
you don’t know why you’re here
你连自己为什么来这儿都不知道
people often do things they don’t understand
人们常做出些自己都不理解的事情
it doesn’t make them less genuine
这并不影响他们是真诚的
maybe
也许吧
do you want me to go?
你希望我走吗
no

are you sure?
真的吗
yes
真的
i’m going to undress
我把外衣脱掉
okay

do you think i’m very beautiful?
你觉得我美吗
yes

if you never see me again after tonight
如果今晚之后你再也见不到我
will you be sad?
你会难过吗
don’t worry about it
不用担心这个
yes but you know
是 可是听我说
will you be tortured by the memory of having been with me?
你会为昔日同我一起的时光 为曾有的爱抚
of having caressed me
而备受煎熬吗
will you wonder if i’m with other men?
会好奇我是不是另有新欢吗
will you be jealous?
会嫉妒吗
will you become obsessed?
会执迷吗
will you carry your disappointment around with you forever?
会一直心怀沮丧吗
will you be maudlin and anti-social?
会变得多愁善感 厌恶社交吗
will you get into fights?
会变得好斗吗
will you expect other women to be somehow more like me?
会希望其他女人更像我吗
my mouth my eyes
我的嘴 我的眼睛
the way i wear my hair
我的发型
will you? will you be like that you think?
你会吗 你觉得你会变成那样吗
perhaps
或许吧
it’s the nature of things you know
你知道 万物的本质
regret
就是追悔
i’ll risk it
我甘愿冒险
hey will you marry me?
嘿 娶我吗
please
拜托了
why do you wanna marry me?
你为什么会想嫁给我
why not?
为什么不呢
i can think a lot of reasons if i weren’t so drunk
我要不是醉成这样 能列许多原因出来
why are you so drunk?
你怎么会醉成这样
i don’t know, nights are too long
我不知道 夜太长了
the nights are too long because you have no one to share them with
无人共度 夜才会长
that’s a very compassion way of putting it
好悲悯的说法
marry me but i don’t know you
娶我吧 可我又不了解你
what does that matter? does anyone really know anyone else?
那又如何 有谁真的了解他人吗
ah that’s a good point
说得不错
i’d go a step further and ask does anybody really know themselves?
我会进一步追问 有谁真的了解自己吗
exactly
正是如此
what’s your name?
你叫什么
Katy
凯蒂
glad to meet you Katy, Henry how are you Henry?
很高兴认识你 凯蒂 你怎么样 亨利
wasted
烂醉
so what do you say will you marry me?
怎么说 娶我吗
well i doubt we can get married right here in the middle of the night
我不觉得我们可以大半夜的就在这儿结婚
we could if we were in Reno yea
如果是在里诺就可以 是啊
god i wish we lived in Reno
天啊 真希望我们住在里诺
let’s sleep on it
先睡一觉 明天再说
no way mister why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?
没门儿 先生 那你何必多此一举?
what? you know what i mean
什么 你懂我意思
we don’t have to sleep on it together
我们不是一定要上♥床♥
why? don’t you think i’m beautiful?
为什么 你觉得我不好看吗
Katy you’re a goddess
凯蒂 你是女神般的人物
listen pal don’t waste my time there are plenty of men out there
听着 朋友 别浪费我时间 外面还有大把男人
who died trying to marry me
排着队想娶我
i don’t doubt it
我不怀疑这点
listen why don’t we just get engaged for the time being?
你看 我们为什么不暂且订个婚呢
engaged huh? yea
订婚? 对啊
that way i can find us a place to live get set up right and proper
那样的话 我可以找个小窝 我们安居乐业
why don’t you have a place to live now?
为什么 你现在没有地方住吗
no not exactly
没有吧
what about a ring? a ring?
那戒指呢 戒指?
a ring if we’re gonna get engaged you gotta give me a ring
戒指 如果我们要订婚 你得给我个戒指
oh ring here, it’s my college ring
哦戒指 给你 这是我的大学纪念戒指
oh god
哦天哪
it’s beautiful it’s a little big on you
好漂亮 对你来说有点大了
oh no it’s just perfect henry thank you
不 刚刚好 亨利谢谢你
aw it’s worth just to see you smile like that Katy
看到凯蒂你笑得这么开心就值得了
so do you have a job?
所以你有工作吗
a job? ahh no not at the moment
工作?没 现在没有
i’m working on my PhD
我在攻读博士学位
you’re a doctor?
你是博士?
of theology. almost
神学博士 差一点
what are you gonna do when you get out of school?
你离开学校之后准备做什么
ooh i don’t know i’ve been in school all my life i don’t know how to do anything
哦我不知道 我一辈子都待在学校里 什么事都不会做
well i hope you don’t expect me to go
好啊 希望你不是指望我
and support you for the rest of your life?
后半辈子都养你吧
already with the nagging
这就开始唠叨了
what a torturous path i’ve made for myself
我这是给自己选了条什么折磨人的路啊
shackling myself to you
自我设限 就为了你
oh Katy now don’t get so upset
凯蒂 别难过
all newlyweds have these little battles we’ll survive
所有新婚夫妇都会小打小闹的 我们会走下去的
you think so? absolutely
你这么想? 那当然
you’re a good man Henry
你是个好人 亨利
Ah Kate come on let’s go home and get some sleep
凯蒂来吧 我们回家睡会儿觉
okay i know a place good
好吧 我知道个地方 好的
his weaknesses
他的弱点
are enduring
持存
his strengths
他的优点
threaten to eclipse
几乎要蚕食
my own self confidence
我的自信
he eats out
他常常
a lot
出去吃
hey aren’t you? no
嘿 你是那个… 不是
yes you are no i’m not
你是 我不是
but last night what about last night?
但昨晚 昨晚怎么了
you were with him
你和他在一起
no i wasn’t
我没有
i’m sorry perhaps i’m mistaking
抱歉 或许是我搞错了
perhaps
或许吧
i just saw your girlfriend
我刚看到你女朋友了
Sophia
苏菲
she claims not to know you
她声称不认识你
no yes
不 真的
NO

afraid so
恐怕如此
i don’t understand
我不明白
there’s nothing to understand we’re animals
没什么可明白的 我们都是动物
“Eros is a bad and fickle little godhead”
“爱欲这个小神实在是反复无常且极其恶劣”
does this thing still work?
这东西还能用么
i hate when she does that
我讨厌她这么做
today’s the first day of spring
今天立春了
that’s no consolation
这算什么安慰
boy i must’ve been hammered last night i woke up in a strange apartment
老哥 我昨晚一定是喝断片了 我醒来发现自己在一间陌生的公♥寓♥

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!