I do. I’d love to watch it.
可以带我去吗?
Will you show me where it is?
当然可以
Yeah, sure.
伊利亚库里亚津企图开门,但门锁住了
Now Illya Kuryakin’s trying to open the door, but it’s locked.
房♥间的地板开始滑动了
And now the floor’s sliding under the room.
掉到很多尖钉上面
There’s a big drop to lots of spikes!
房♥间里的其它学生在嘘
That’s the other kids in the room hissing.
妳也喜欢《星舰迷航》吗?
Do you like Star Trek, too?
喜欢,妳最喜欢谁?
Yes. Who’s your favorite?
史波克先生,我们有很多共同点
Mr. Spock. We have a lot in common.
我们或许可以听收音机,他们为聋人广播
Maybe we can watch it on the radio. They broadcast it for the blind.
是吗?那我们听收音机吧
They do? Let’s watch it on the radio.
妳现在比较安静了
You’re quieter now.
因为妳在挤压机里吗?
Is that because you’re in your squeeze machine?
我正要出来
I was just getting out.
我的声音这么不同吗?
Is my voice that different?
我觉得是
It is to me.
别忘了我是透过声音看妳
Remember, I see you through your voice.
妳记得很多声音吗?
Do you remember a lot of voices?
当然,我还记得地方的声音
Of course. But I remember the sounds of places, too.
我们很像,只是妳用声音而我用图形
We’re the same, only you have sounds and I have pictures.
我要上课了
I’m off to class.
我要上法语,我很讨厌它
I have French class. I hate it.
所以我进挤压机
That’s why I’m in my squeeze machine.
妳的挤压机不碍着我
Your squeeze machine doesn’t bother me. Okay?
我知道,好
I know. Okay.
(法语)好运
什么?
What?
祝妳好运
Good luck.
谢谢妳
Thank you.
对不起,这个位子有人吗?
Excuse me, is this seat taken?
没有
No.
我一直想了解别人被妈妈拥抱时所感觉的温柔
I’ve always wanted to understand the gentleness that other people feel by being hugged by their mothers.
我现在做了一部机器来让我了解
And now I’ve made a machine that lets me do that.
感觉像是断线重联
It feels like a wire gets reconnected.
像是有东西修理好了
Like something gets repaired.
如果没有我的机器,我今天不会站在这里
If it wasn’t for my machine, I wouldn’t be standing here today.
我会躲在房♥间里或是转圈圈让自己安静
Instead I’d be hiding in my room or spinning in circles to calm myself,
或是打人
or hitting someone.
我小时候关闭自己不接触人
When I was younger, I closed myself off from people.
我到四岁才说话
I didn’t even speak until I was four.
这种状况有个夸张的名称—自闭症
There’s a highfalutin name for this condition. Autism.
正是靠我的机器
But because of my machine,
我才能体会到那些给予我的善意和爱,让我的人生走到这一步。
I’m able to know the kindness and love that have been given to me to reach this point in my life.
我今天更加了解我并不是独行
Today more than ever, I realize I have not walked alone.
我不但感谢恩师们,还要感谢朋友和家人
And I thank not only my teachers, but my friends and family as well.
就像《天上人间》里的一首歌♥所说的
As in the words of the song from Carousel.
《天上人间》是一部根据匈牙利著名剧作家费伦克·莫纳的名剧利力姆改编的音乐剧
穿过风暴 抬起头
When you walk through a storm Hold your head up high
不要惧怕黑暗
And don’t be afraid of the dark
在风暴的尽头 有金色天空 还有百灵鸟的甜美歌♥声
At the end of a storm is a golden sky. And a sweet silver song of a lark
继续走,穿过风
Walk on through the wind
继续走,穿过雨
Walk on through the rain
尽管你的梦想正被动摇和嘲讽
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
继续走,继续走
Walk on, walk on
带着装在心里的希望 你永不会孤独前进
With hope in your heart. And you’ll never walk alone
你永远不会孤独前进
You’ll never walk alone
这是我的门,它通到另一个世界
This is my door. It opens to another world.
亚利桑那州立大学的学生围过来
Arizona State students, gather around.
来吧,各位
All right. Come on, everybody.
到这边来
Come on down this way.
到这边
Here we go.
到这边,过来,过来
All right, come on in. Here we go. Here we go.
大家都来吧,快点
Everybody, come on. Let’s go.
大家靠近一点围在一起听吧
All right, come on in closer now. Gather around so you can hear.
同学们,听好
All right, class, listen up.
这位是唐麦克,圈养场的负责人
This is Don Michaels. He runs the feedlot.
谢谢你,教授
Thanks, Professor.
好,这里随时都有大约五万两千头牲口
All right, what we got here at any one time is about 50, 5,2000 head of cattle.
体重要达到650磅才送来这里
Now, they gotta weigh 650 pounds to get in here.
650磅大约有590斤
牠们在这里三,四个月
During the three or four months they spend here, they’ll put on
大约363斤
要再增加400磅才送到大屋里屠宰
another 400 pounds before they move into the big house for slaughtering.
在这里养肥牠们时要让牠们保持健康
Well, while they’re here fattening up, we got to keep them healthy.
所以牧场送牠们来之后的第一件事
So one of the first things we do when they come in off the range
就是用药水浸泡牠们,消除任何害虫
is put them through a dip, get rid of any bugs.
对不起,老兄,你还好吧?
Excuse me there, buddy. You okay?
这是女孩,葛兰亭小姐
That’s a girl. Miss Grandin.
小姐,妳在听吗?
Miss, are you with us, here?
我在听牲口
I was listening to the cattle.
是吗?
Oh, yeah?
为什么有些叫得比较大声
Why are some mooing more loudly than others?
我从来没听过这么多哞哞声
I never heard so much mooing!
亲爱的,我从參加工作就在牲口旁边
Honey, I’ve been around cattle all my working life.
我最多只能告诉妳
About all I can tell you is that,
跟很多物种的雌性一样,牛也喜欢聊天谈八卦
just like the female of the species, cattle love to yammer and gossip or sulk.
或是生闷气,不是这样就是那样
It’s always just one thing or the other.
跟我说的一样…
But like I was saying…
牠们说话必定有原因
Well, there must be a reason. They’re saying something.
我想妳可以找杜立德医生来,他或许可以告诉妳
Well, I reckon you could get Dr. Dolittle on out here. He probably could tell you.
这位小姐听牲口♥交♥谈时
While missy here is listening to what the cattle are saying to each other,
你们男生们过来看替牲口消毒吧
why don’t you boys step over here with me and see a dip in action?
消毒池最大的问题是…
Now, the biggest problem you got with a dip vat
虽然牛会游泳但牠们可能会滑倒
is that cattle can swim all right unless they tip on over.
这时牠们很快就会溺毙,除非赶快把牠们拖出来
Then them babies’ll drown real fast on you unless you get a hold of them and haul them out.
走快点
Get up there. Go!
来了!这就是我说的事
Well, there you go! See, this is what I was telling you.
老天!
Jesus!
来吧,孩子们,努力吧
Come on, boys. Earn your money!
把牠们拦在那边!拦住牠们!
Hold them up over there! Hold them up!
加油,男孩们!否则会失去这只小牛
Come on, boys. We’re gonna lose that baby.
洛埃,用绳子把这头牛拖出来
Roy! Roy, get a rope on this heifer and drag it out!
好了,好了
Okay. Okay.
行了,你们到里面会看到杀一头牛要更省事
Well, there you go. You’ll see inside. It’ll take more than that to kill a cow.
损失率很高吗?
Do you lose many?
每小时要让300头牛通过
Well, we got to run 300 of them through here in an hour.
我想每星期损失一两头
I guess in a week, we’ll lose one or two maybe.
我们做得很不错
We’re doing pretty good.
杜立德,还撑得住吗?受不了吗?
Dolittle, how you holding up? Too much for you?
牠们喜欢绕圈子
They like to walk in circles.
男孩们,你们知道吗?牛喜欢绕圈子!
Well, what do you know, boys? Cattle like to walk in circles!
真是!给这女孩一个奖品
Dang, give that girl a prize.
绕圈子远离处理牠们的人,可以冷静
It calms them down. They walk in circles away from the handlers.
我们进去时,妳或许该在外面等
Maybe you ought to wait out here when we go inside.
快走!
Go!
关进笼子之后,只要敲一下头
Then when we have it in the cage, it just takes one knock to the head.
杜立德医生,觉得怎样?
So, Dolittle, what do you think?
牠会到哪里?
Where does it go?
肉品加工岩
Meat processing.
不,牠到哪里去了?
No, where does it go?
牠原来在这里,现在这只有肉
It was here, and now it’s meat.
牠到哪里去了?
Where did it go?
教授,我想你这位小姐应该考虑其它行业
Professor, I think maybe your young lady here ought to consider another line of work.
牛叫声?妳的硕士论文是研究牛的叫声?
Mooing? You want to do research and write your master’s on mooing?
曲线,牛喜欢曲线,有曲线时牠们不叫
Curves. Cattle like curves. They don’t moo at curves.
葛兰亭小姐,我们让妳入学
Miss Grandin, when we accepted you,
是因为妳在上一所学校表现优异
we were impressed you had excelled at your previous school.
我觉得硕士论文写牛的叫声会降低水准
A master’s thesis on mooing strikes me as a lowering of the bar
我第一个不会因为妳有自闭症而通融妳
and I, for one, will not be the first person to give you an easy ride because of your autism.
想个别的题目吧
Come up with something…
牲口是猎物
Cattle are prey animals.
自闭症让我很了解猎物

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!