鳗鱼吃东西
“The eels ate.”
(法语)
鳗鱼吃东西
“Eel ate.”
(法语)
法语里有很多鳗鱼
French is full of “Eels.”
这是她看到的东西
And this is what she sees.
她是了不起的视觉思考者
She’s an amazing visual thinker.
让我教她
Let me work with her.
好吧
Fine.
我们还剩五分钟
We have five minutes left.
谁想看电影?
Who wants to see a movie?
耶!
Yeah!
好吧
All right.
J.D.请你操作放映机
J.D., will you do the projector?
好的
Okay.
好,大家注意看,因为这跟幻觉有关
All right. Now everybody watch very carefully because this one is all about optical illusions.
大多数人发现人类感官有限而且不精确时会很惊讶
It comes as a distinct shock to most people when they realize how limited and how inaccurate the human senses really are.
这栋房♥子窗口里的面孔好像大小不同,对吧?
In this house, faces at the window seem to come in assorted sizes, don’t they?
有点像普威老师吧?
That looks like Mr. Povey, doesn’t it?
但这些面孔没什么不对
But there’s nothing wrong with the faces.
问题出在窗子以及它们对大脑的影响
It’s those windows and what they’re doing to your brain.
好了,开始了
All right, here we go.
小窗子和高窗子
A small one and a tall one.
哇!
Wow!
看能否让它们平均一点
Let’s see if we can even things out a bit.
这是怎么做的?
How do they do that?
坐下!老天,拜托!
Sit down! All right, please.
恬普,请坐下
Temple, sit down, please. J.D.
这就是问题,对吧?
That is the question, isn’t it?
他们是怎么做的?
“How did they do that?”
这就是本周的作业
Well, that’s this week’s assignment.
至少要写一页
I want one page, at least.
一整页?
A full page?
好,两页?
All right, two?
不,不,不
No, no, no, no.
好,一页
All right, one page. Okay.
它们扰乱视觉
They mess with the perspective!
对,恬普
That’s right, Temple.
那是一个会扭曲视觉的房♥间
And it was a room built with distorted perspective.
怎么做的?
But how?
妳能想出原因吗?也许妳能把它可视化?
Well, do you think you could figure it out? Maybe if you visualized it?
如果妳能造一个,我给妳额外加分
And if you build one, I’ll give you extra credit.
是的,好
Yeah, okay.
喂!
Hey!
怪胎
Weirdo!
她必须在墙上画吗?
Does she have to chalk the walls?
瞧瞧她
Look at her.
我办不到
I can’t do it!
我想妳可以,恬普
I think you can, Temple.
但我不能!
But I can’t!
我知道,我知道,不可大叫
I know, I know. I shouldn’t shout.
但测量视角没有用
But measuring perspective didn’t work!
喂,这些是你要的规格
Hey, Leigh, these are the specifications you need.
成功吗,恬普?
Success, Temple?
不,请你给我一点提示
No! Give me a clue, please!
妳要考虑房♥间的所有特点
You have to think of all the features in the room,
墙壁,地板,天花板,门
the walls, the floors, the ceilings, the doors.
知道了
Got it!
你看到了吗?你看···
You’ve already gone through this, right? You saw…
你可以看出来她是这么怎么做的
Well, you can tell that that’s how she painted it.
这就是她那几天研究的东西
This is what she was working on the other day.
我也想看看,这是一个神奇的视觉效果
I want to go through this. It’s a strange optical illusion.
你们也看到
Well, as you can see,
所有的马大小完全一样
the horses are the exact same size.
房♥间在这里
And here is the room.
恬普,恭喜妳
Temple, congratulations.
我想应该替妳鼓掌
I think this deserves a round of applause.
我想这值得庆祝
I think it deserves a celebration.
好耶!
Yeah!
5,4,3,2,1
Five, four, three, two, one.
我有一个问题
Now, here’s a question.
如果我把橡皮筋卷紧然后放手
If I wind this up and then let go,
为什么不螺旋桨静止而机身旋转?
why doesn’t the propeller stay still and the body of the plane spin around?
很简单,机翼有阻力
That’s simple. The resistance of the wings.
完全正确
That’s absolutely right.
看这个
And watch this.
没有机翼
With no wings
只有一个阻力面
and just one plane of resistance,
就变直升机了
you have a helicopter!
妳完全正确
You’re absolutely right.
恬普,妳的心灵很特别,妳知道吗?
Temple. You have a very special mind, you know that?
妳看世界的方式是别人办不到的
You see the world in ways that others can’t,
这是很大的优势
and that’s quite an advantage.
知道吗?如果妳不胡闹而发挥这种才能
And you know something? If you weren’t such a goof and you developed this talent,
妳可以轻松上大学
you could easily go on to college.
我上大学做什么?
What would I do at college?
以妳的头脑,可以做任何事
Well, with your mind,
只要选一个科目
anything you wanted to. Pick a subject.
母牛,有研究母牛的大学吗?
Cows. Do they have colleges with cows?
是的,有
Yes, they do.
还有马,猪,山羊和绵羊
And horses and pigs and goats and sheep and…
是的,叫做畜牧系
Yeah, it’s called animal husbandry.
畜牧系
Animal husbandry.
是的,教妳照顾动物
Yeah, and it deals with the care of animals.
真的,妳想要什么都行
Really, anything you wanted.
妳可以研究人,心理学
You could study people, psychology.
我可以了解人?
I’d get to understand people?
就是这意思
Well, that’s the idea.
我要留在这里
I’ll stay here.
恬普,把它想成一道门
Temple, think of it as a door.
替妳打开全新世界的门
A door that’s going to open up onto a whole new world for you
妳只要决定通过它
and all you need to do is decide to go through it.
法兰克林皮尔斯学院 1966年
葛兰亭小姐?
Miss Grandin?
第一,我跟原来的老师卡洛克博士谈过了
First off, I talked to my old teacher Dr. Carlock.
他说我要强调我并不是没有做功课,我做了
And he said I should stress that it wasn’t that I hadn’t done the work, because I had,
但是我搜集太多资料和数据
but I’d collected way too much data and backed it up with far too many citations,
所以我需要额外的时间去整理
that I needed extra time just to make it coherent.
但你看这些结果就知道,不只是我
But if you look at these results, you’ll see that it’s not just me, but in fact,
其实大多数人使用机器后都会比较平静
a majority of people who become calmer when using my machine.
显然我有充分的理由留下
And that really makes a clear case for me keeping it.
并且我应该获得好成绩
And I should get a good grade.
妳是否…
Did your…
并且不只是及格
Certainly more than a pass.
妳以前的老师卡洛克博士建议妳考好成绩吗?
Did your previous teacher, Dr. Carlock, suggest the good grade?
不,是我的想法
No, that’s me.
交给我吧
Leave it with me.
这是很重要的研究
This is very important work!
妳用了对照组吗?
You used a control group?
测验时他们坐着休息,大多数觉得无聊,在第四页
They were tested resting, seated, and most of them got bored. Page four.
这非常好,我想会得高分
This is excellent. And I think it will be a good grade.
我可以把机器留下?
So I keep my machine.
那么我留下
In that case, I’ll stay.
我想妳能否留下机器,室友也有发言权
I would imagine your new roommate will want a say in whether you keep the machine.
这是我的挤压机器,要我拿走吗?
That’s my squeeze machine. Do I have to move it?
不必,但是妳别移♥动♥它,让我永远知道它在哪里
No. But don’t ever move it and then I’ll always know where it is.
好的
Okay.
要播出《大叔特工局》了
It’s almost time for The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
在娱乐室播出
They play it in the rec room.
妳想看《大叔特工局》吗?
Do you want to watch The Man from U.N.C.L.E.?
妳没法看《大叔特工局》
You can’t watch The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
我可以,我很喜欢看

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!