一个很简单的事实
One small fact.
人都有一死
You are going to die.
不管用什么方法 没人能永生
Despite every effort, no one lives forever.
抱歉这么扫兴
Sorry to be such a spoiler.
我建议呢 轮到你的时候 别慌
My advice is, when the time comes, don’t panic.
惊慌似乎帮不上什么忙
It doesn’t seem to help.
我想我该好好自我介绍一下
I guess I should introduce myself properly.
但是呢 很快你就会见到我了
But then again, you’ll meet me soon enough.
当然得轮到你的时候
Not before your time, of course.
我定了个规矩 避免遭遇活人
I make it a policy to avoid the living.
除了某些时候
Well, except sometimes.
很久很久以前
Once in a very long time…
我情不自禁
I can’t help myself.
产生了兴趣
I get interested.
我不知道莉赛尔·梅明格身上哪点好
I don’t know exactly what it was about Liesel Meminger.
可她就是吸引了我
But she caught me.
妈妈
Mama.
我在意
And I cared.
[德语悼文]
你想说几句吗
Do you want to say a few words?
再见 我的宝贝
Goodbye my darling
偷 书 贼
德国 1938年2月
要是她能 就会把你留下
She would have kept you if she could have.
你知道的吧
You know that, don’t you?
我们到了 来吧 莉赛尔
Here we are. Come, Liesel.
见见你的新爸妈
Meet your new parents.

Come.
汉斯·休伯曼
Hans Hubermann.
海因里希
Heinrich.
海因里希
Heinrich.
男孩呢
Where is the boy?
死了
He died.
什么
What do you mean?
来的路上死的
On the way here.
他们只好把他埋在了铁轨旁
They had to bury him by the tracks.
他们答应是两个孩子 和两份津贴
They promised us two children, with two allowances.
罗莎 孩子死活他自己也说了不算
Rosa, you cannot blame the boy for dying.
我不怪他 我怪他母亲
No, I blame his mother.
让孩子们饿着肚子不洗不漱 长途跋涉
Dragging them across the country unfed, unwashed!
她逃命去了
She was running for her life.
你看那个女孩了吗
Have you seen that girl?

Filthy.
共♥产♥党党员的传言都是真的
Everything they say about communists is true.
又脏又蠢
Dirty and stupid.
我爱多大声说就多大声
I’ll speak as loud as I want.
过来
Come.
过来
Come!
她有什么毛病
What is the matter with her?
陛下
Your Majesty.
你们这帮小孩看什么看
What are you brats looking at?
这是天堂街 你的新家
This is Heaven Street, your new home.
小情种 能不能继续玩了
Hey, lover boy! Can we get on with the game now?
请进
Please, go in.
拿着
Well, go on.
你应该怎么说
What do you say?
他们给了我们个哑巴
They have given us a mute.
上楼吧
Go upstairs.
它在哪
Where is it?
那只手
That one.
这是给你的
It’s for you.
汉斯
Hans!
什么事 宝贝
Yes, my sunshine?
[德语摇篮曲]
早安 陛下
Good morning, Your Majesty.
能不能别吵了
Would you stop that racket?
你应该怎么说
What do you say?
谢谢
Thank you.
它能说话呀
It speaks?
听着 现在起叫我妈妈 知道吗
Now, listen, from now on you call me “Mama,” fa?
快说
Say it.
妈妈
Mama.
很好
Good.
管那边那个懒猪
And that Saukerl, that lazy pig over there…
叫爸爸 明白吗
you call him “Papa.” Understood?
爸爸
Papa.
是谁
Who is that?
谁呀
Who is it?
鲁迪·斯丹纳 休伯曼夫人
Rudy Steiner, Frau Hubermann.
干嘛
What do you want?
我妈说你现在有个女儿了
My mother says you’ve got a daughter now.
跟你有什么关系
What’s it to you?
我来带她去上学
I’m here to take her to school.
就不能别多管闲事吗
Why can’t people ever mind their own business?
鲁迪你好
Hello, Rudy.
你凭什么觉得自己配得上我女儿
And what makes you think you are good enough for my daughter?
鲁迪
Rudy.
我快12岁了
I’m almost 12.
莉赛尔 把汤喝了 然后去穿衣服
Liesel, eat your soup and go and get dressed.
待在门外 你这个脏猴
Stay outside, you filthy bastard.
快点 莉赛尔
Hurry up, Liesel.
你喜欢跑步吗
Do you like to run?
我打赌我比你跑得快
I bet I could beat you.
没人跑赢过我
No one has ever beaten me in a race.
你话不多吧
You don’t say much, do you?
吐一下是”对” 两下是”不对”吗
Is that one spit, “Yes,” and two spits, “No”?
很高兴我们能相互理解
I’m glad we understand each other.
亚历克斯·斯丹纳裁缝店
其实不是我妈让我来接你的
My mother didn’t really tell me to come and get you.
我就是觉得你可能需要个朋友
I just thought you might need a friend.
[德语]谢谢
鲁迪
Rudy!
你要干什么
What are you up to?
没什么 爸爸
Nothing, Papa.
那就去上学
Then get to school.
快来
Come on.
你是谁
You are?
休伯曼夫人的新女儿
Frau Hubermann’s new daughter.
我没问你 斯丹纳
I was not addressing you, Steiner.
小姑娘 说话
Girl, speak.
莉赛尔·梅明格
Liesel Meminger.
粉笔 黑板 写名字
Chalk, board, name.
过来 小姑娘 我们没时间磨蹭
Come, girl. We don’t have all day.
快写
Write it.
安静
Silence.
安静
Silence!
立刻回座位
Back to your seat, now.
安静
Silence.
傻子 傻子 傻子
Fool! Fool! Fool!
傻子 你还不识字吗
Hey, fool. Can’t you even read yet?
来 读一个字 读一个
Go on. Read one word. Read something.
傻子
Fool.
她会打死他的
She’s killing him!
我打赌那不是你第一次打架
I bet that wasn’t your first fight.
弗朗兹·德意志在汤米·穆勒的饭盒里
Franz German hasn’t been hit like that…
尿尿之后 头一次被打成这样了
since he peed in Tommy Muller’s lunchbox.
弗朗兹·德意志这名字听起来不太聪明
Franz German doesn’t sound very smart.
他是学校里话最蠢孩子
He’s the dumbest kid in school.
但他刮胡子
But he shaves.
你记得回家的路吗
You remember how to get home?
我不识字不代表我蠢
Just because I can’t read doesn’t make me stupid.
好吧 那我跟着你走
All right. I’ll follow you, then.
你可以加入我们的足球队
You could join our soccer team, you know?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!