Rudy, no!
鲁迪 鲁迪 醒一醒 醒一醒
Wake up, Rudy! Rudy, wake up!
鲁迪 吻我啊
Rudy, kiss me.
鲁迪的灵魂也飘进了我的怀抱里
Rudy, his soul just rolled into my arms.
在我工作的过程中
In my job,
我总能见识到人类最好
I am always finding humans at their best
和最坏的一面
and their worst.
我看到了他们的丑恶
I see their ugliness,
也看到了他们的美好
and their beauty,
我想知道
and I wonder
同样的一件事 怎么会丑恶与美好并存
how the same thing can be both.
莉赛尔
Liesel!
两年后
1945年 美军占领了德国
亚历克斯·斯丹纳裁缝店
马克斯
Max!
我目睹了许多事情
I have seen a great many things.
我总是伴随着最不幸的灾难
I’ve attended all the world’s worst disasters
我总是为最邪恶的罪犯工作
and worked for the greatest of villains.
但我也见证了最伟大的奇迹
And I’ve seen the greatest wonders.
但是正如我所说
But it’s still like I said it was.
人固有一死
No one lives forever.
最终 当我带走莉赛尔的时候
When I finally came for Liesel,
我暗地里有点高兴
I took selfish pleasure in the knowledge
因为她明明白白地活了90岁
that she had lived her 90 years so wisely.
那时候 她的故事已经感动了许多人
By then, her stories had touched many souls.
这些年我也顺便认识了其中一些人
Some of whom I came to know in passing.
马克斯就是其一
Max,
他和莉赛尔的友谊几乎是天长地久
whose friendship lasted almost as long as Liesel.
几乎是吧
Almost.
在她弥留之际
In her final thoughts,
她看见一长串与她的生命紧密相连的名字
she saw the long list of lives that merged with hers.
包括她的三个孩子
Her three children.
她的孙子们
Her grandchildren.
她的丈夫
Her husband.
在他们中间
Among them,
是如同明灯一样熠熠生辉的汉斯和罗莎
lit like lanterns were Hans and Rosa,
她的弟弟
her brother,
还有那个
and the boy
头发永远如柠檬般鲜艳金黄的男孩
whose hair remained the color of lemons forever.
我想告诉偷书贼
I wanted to tell the book thief
她是为数不多的
she was one of the few souls
让我思考生命意义的灵魂之一
that made me wonder what it was to live.
但是最后 我什么也没说
But in the end, there were no words.
只有沉默
Only peace.
我唯一知道的真♥相♥就是
The only truth I truly know is that
人类真让我捉摸不透
I am haunted by humans.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!