坎特伯雷故事集
1972年柏林电影节金熊奖
那个亮着光的窗户现在灯光灭了
The window that once glowed with light is now darkened,
这代表我的爱人健康变糟糕了
A sign that my beloνed is unwell.
她的姐姐走到窗边告诉我:
Her sister comes to the window and tells me:
“你的爱人已经死了”
“Your beloved is dead and buried.”
她总是很遗憾她自己独自一人睡觉
She always lamented that she slept alone,
现在她在死神的怀抱中睡了
Now she sleeps in the arms of Death.
– 您先请 – 不,您先请
– After you, please. – No, no sir.
不,肖斯埃先生,请吧
No, Mr. Chaucer, after you, please.
这什么也没有
lt’s nothing, sir.
什么也没有?我看到有36根蜡烛! 你差点吓坏我了
Nothing! You almost knocked me out!
你有一个大棒一样的鼻子
You have a nose like a bludgeon.
我开玩笑的,请您不要见怪
l’m joking. l hope l didn’t offend you.
笑着开玩笑
Ah, but between a jest and a joke,
我们可以讲出真♥相♥。
many a truth can be told.
我有点聋,没关系的
…l don’t mind at all.
我的编织技能是如此好
l’m so skilled in the art of weaving,
我可以胜过伊普埃和冈德的所有妓♥女♥
l can undo all those bitches in Ypres and Ghent.
毫不夸张地说-狗屎 噢! 请你原谅
ln all modesty, l say – shit. Oh! Beg your pardon.
无论如何,在村中所有的妇女里没人比得上我
Anyway, there’s no-one better than me, no-one!
特别是那些在教堂募捐的都是些穷♥人♥...
for gathering collections in church, all modesty aside.
如果有个女人要来试试
And if any woman should try to challenge me,
和我比的话她将后悔来到这个世上。
l’ll make her rue the day she was born!
我要将她生吃活剥了!
l’ll eat the darling alive!
我去过耶路撒冷和
l went to Jerusalem,
罗马, 冈玻斯戴尔的圣地亚歌♥
then Rome, Santiago di Compostella and also Cologne.
我不是春天的雏鸡,我知道怎样拥有快乐
l’m no spring chicken, but l know how to have fun
怎样让人们开怀大笑
and how to make people laugh.
我知道所有年轻人所喜欢的各种故事
And then l know all sorts of stories about young love,
我告诉你……
l can tell you…
我认识几个极丑的女人。
Because, my darlings, l know the old dance of Love!
来看看我的赦罪吧 都是来自罗马的。
Good folks, here are pardons brought to you hot from Rome!
圣母玛利亚头巾的一端
A piece of the Virgin’s veil!
圣—皮埃尔船帆的一角
A scrap of Saint Peter’s sail, from when he used to go boating,
在基♥督♥尚未教他如何行走水面时 他已经扬帆出海了
before Christ taught him to walk on water.
贪婪是一切罪恶之源
Radix malorum est cupiditas. Cupidity is the root of all evil.
请不要这么小气嘛,来买♥♥吧
Don’t be miserly. Come, buy.
买♥♥啊, 来买♥♥吧…
Buy, buy…
福音书没有告诉我们保留处♥女♥之身
Nowhere in the Gospels does it say we should remain virgins.
但为什么又造出那些生殖器官?
What were the genitals made for? Not to lie there dormant.
别告诉我是为了小便
And don’t tell me they were made just for pissing!
男人要为他们对女人所做的付出代价。
l use them for something quite different!
女士们,先生们
Ladies and gentlemen…
请稍留意一下
Quiet, pay attention!
请静一静
Silence, please.
尊贵的耶酥会,我由衷的
Gentle folks, truly l welcome you
对您的到来表示欢迎
from the bottom of my heart.
我可以判定
l swear,
近些年来,我还没见过耶酥会是如此的令人喜欢
in all these years, l never saw a finer company.
你要去坎特怕利吗?
You take the path to Canterbury.
上帝和圣殉者是多么的照顾你啊
God be with you and may the holy blessed martyrs reward you,
请相信我长久以来的经验吧
but experience has taught me that during such a long journey
在漫长的旅程中,你们将会感到非常厌倦
you may become dreadfully bored,
我将会给一个您来自朋友的建议
so here is some friendly advice.
为了让它快点过去, 每个人,在去坎特怕利的路上都要讲一个故事
To shorten the way, each of you will tell a tale on the road to Canterbury.
我将自费陪伴你们到达坎特怕利
l shall be the judge, and your guide.
做你们的裁判和向导
l’ll accompany you at my own expense, until you reach Canterbury.
你们可都同意?
Agreed?
听好了
Listen!
我决定结婚了
l have decided to marry.
其它的生活都不值得一提
No other life is worth a bean.
我深信:婚姻是天堂
l’m convinced of it. Marriage is paradise.
当一个人老了的时候, 他需要有一个年轻漂亮的妻子
When a man is old, he should take a fair young wife
来继承他的遗产
to beget an heir,
并过一段充满幸福欢乐的日子
and live a life of pleasure.
所有聪明的人都承认这点
All learned men agree on this.
除了几个特别的以外
Only a few disagree, of whom Theophrastus was one.
但谁又会在意他们的假话呢?
But who gives a damn if he enjoys telling lies?
请你们尽快为我准备婚礼, 我不愿意再等了
Arrange for my marriage promptly, for l do not want to wait.
但我要提醒你们我的朋友
But l tell you, dear friends,
我可不是要一个老女人
on no account will l take an old wife!
照我看
What’s right
要年轻漂亮的
is old fish and young flesh!
30岁的女人,我可不想要 从她那儿什么也得不到
l’ll have no woman of thirty; that is but straw and fodder!
一个读过书的女人呢
A woman trained in many schools is half a scholar,
我也不喜欢
and l don’t like scholars.
滚蛋
Fuck off.
啊!多漂亮的侧影多美丽的脸啊!
What pretty figures, pretty faces!
亲爱的上帝,赐给我这么美的一个邻居
By God, what pretty neighbours!
只有这个选择了
Now all there is to do is choose.
为什么不呢?
Hey, why not?
也许?
Perhaps May?
不,不,不,没有更好的了
No, no, no, better not.
或者…
Or…
是的…
Yes…
老兄,老兄,过来呀
Brothers, come quickly!
不用再徒步或骑马地找了
No longer need you search on foot and horseback,
我的决定已经下了我是不会再改变的了
l have made my decision, and l won’t turn back.
我找到我未来的伴侣了
l have found my mate!
我确信我的幸福时光就要来了
The firm foundation of my happiness!
我就选马奇奥了
l have chosen May.
过来我的兄弟,去准备结婚证
Make a marriage contract!
去发布婚礼的告示
Publish the banns!
我的心需要平静一下
My heart needs peace!
朋友,当我一想到今晚将会伤害到他
My brother, l feel in my heart
我由衷地感到无限的悲悯
profound pity that tonight l must do harm to her!
我害怕她将不能够承受这突如其来的打击
l fear she will not bear my assaults.
但上帝将不会允许我压抑自己的力量
God forbid that l should use
整个晚上
all my might.
我希望客人都快点走吧
l wish these guests were gone.
吃的也不少了,去跳舞吧
Enough eating, let the dancing commence!
走吧,快点
Come on, hurry up.
快啊,神甫
Hurry up, Father.
神甫,结束它吧
Father, let’s get a move on.
你们都走吧
Go away, all of you!
快啊,走吧
Away, out!
啊,我的小女人,你是我的了
Alas, now l must trespass against you, my little wife,
在快乐来之前你要先受点苦
and make you suffer before our moment of pleasure.
但得提醒你的是
But remember that no workman in the world
全世界的工匠没有人能够又快又好地完成他的工作的。
can do his work quickly and well.
我们有的是时间
We have plenty of time to play.
有的是所需要的时间… 是的,我的小女人
All the time we need… Yes, my little wife.
我们受上帝及人的法律保护
We have the law of God and man on our side.
我准备好了
l am ready!
我来了
l did it!
我亲爱的马奇奥我全心全意的爱着你
Dearest May, l loνe you with all my heart,
如果你不和我做♥爱♥的话我将会死去。
and if you don’t make loνe to me l will die.
我休息一下,天亮了
Best to rest, it’s almost day.
我有点累了 – 我们已经做了两次了
l’m a little weary – twice in a night!
你将看到这个奇迹
You’ll see, my Columbine, how fair a garden!
就算是“玫瑰传奇”的作者也不知道如何描绘我的花♥园♥之美
Not even the author of “Romance of the Rose” could describe its beauty.
现在是夏天,就在这个园子里
Now summer has come again, and only in this garden
我在做一个丈夫应该做的事
will l pay you my debt as a husband!
我是唯一一个能进入这里的人
No-one but l can enter this garden.
我从不把钥匙给别人, 只有我自己才有, 明白吗?
No-one holds the key, no-one but myself alone, understand?
我总是将它带在身上
l carry it with me always.
马奇奥,脱掉你的衣服,睡到我边上来…
May, come, undress yourself, lie beside me…
亲爱的达米亚诺, 我也全心全意的爱着你
Dear Damian, l too loνe you with all my heart.
我将拿到花♥园♥的钥匙,我们可以在那里做♥爱♥
l’ll steal the key to the garden and we can make love.
救命啊
Help!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!