Now, when the devil comes to you, does he bring other people?
– 莎拉古德? 它带着古德大妈同来吗? – 他们是男的还是女的?
– Sarah Good. Does he bring Goody Good? – Are they men or women?
– 我看不清 太暗了! – 你看得见它,怎魔会看不清其他人呢?
Uh… I couldn’t see.
It was black dark. – You saw him.. Why couldn’t you see others?
他们又说又跑的!
They was always talking and running around and carrying on, sir.
– 他们是赛伦镇的女巫吗? – 我想是吧. 是的 先生!
– Out of Salem? Salem witches? – Aye, I believe so! Yes, sir!
我会保护你的
I will protect you.
– 魔鬼永远不可能战胜牧师. – 我知道 先生
You know the devil can never overcome a minister, do you not?
铁土巴,上帝把你交到我们手中 就是为了要洁净这个小镇
I know that, sir.
Tituba, God put you in our hands to help cleanse this village.
你是上帝的眼睛,现在 你要面对上帝 说出一切
You are God’s eyes.
Now, face God and speak utterly.
是谁带着魔鬼来找你的? 两个人? 三个人? 还是四个人?
Who came to you with the devil? Two? Three? Four?
– 是莎拉古德,还是奥斯本? – 说出名字 说出名字!
Was Sarah Good with him- or Osborne?
Their names! Their names!
– 好几次它利诱我杀了你! – 杀了我?
How many time he bid me kill you, Mr. Parris!
它跟我说 “起来,铁土巴,割断那个男人的咽喉!”
– Kill me? – “Rise up, Tituba, and cut that man throat. ”
That’s what him tell me!
我说 “不,魔鬼.我并不憎恨那个男人”
I said, “No, devil. I don’t hate that man. ”
它说 铁土巴,只要你为我工作 我会让你自♥由♥
Him say, “Tituba, you work for me.
“I make you free.
我会给你漂亮的衣服…
“I give you pretty dress to wear.
…我会让你飞翔…
“And I put you way up high in the air…
你就可以直接飞回你的老家巴巴度了
and you go flying back home to Barbados. ”
我回答说 “不,魔鬼,你撒谎!”
And I say, “No, devil. You lie. ”
后来…
And then…
…它又来找我了…
him come to me… one stormy night…
…在一个风雨之夜 它对我说 铁土巴,你瞧!
and him say, “Tituba, look.
已经有几个白人崇信我了
I has… white people belong to me. ”
我看见了
And I look…
我看见了
I look…
有莎拉古德跟着它!
and there was Sarah Good.
我知道了! 神保佑你,铁土巴!
I knew it!
– 还有奥斯本大妈! – 我就知道!
Oh, bless you, Tituba.
Aye. And Goody Osborne.
– I knew it! – Oh.
她们帮我接生过三次 我的婴儿就是死在她们手里!
They were midwives to me three times…
and my babies shriveled in their hands!
我要打开我自己
I want to open my soul!
我要神的光辉!
I want the light of God.
我要基♥督♥甜美的爱!
I want the sweet love of Jesus.
我曾经为了魔鬼而跳舞!
I did dance with the devil!
我见到了魔鬼! 我曾在它的名单里!
I saw him!
I wrote in his book! I go back to Jesus.
我要回到基♥督♥的怀抱! 我亲吻神的手!
I kiss His hand.
我看到莎拉古德跟魔鬼在一起! 我看到奥斯本大妈跟魔鬼在一起!
I saw Sarah Good with the devil!
I saw Goody Osborne with the devil!
我看到布里基比夏跟魔鬼一起!
I saw Bridget Bishop with the devil!
– 我看到霍尔大妈跟魔鬼一起! – 她说话了!
I saw Goody Howe with the devil! I saw Goody Barrow with the devil!
我看到古德大妈!
I saw Goody Good with the devil!
我看到奥斯本大妈!
I saw Goody Osborne with the devil!
我看到巴若大妈跟魔鬼一起!
赞美神!
Hallelujah!
荣耀归主! 巫术打破了,她们自♥由♥了!
Glory be to God! It is broken! They are free!
执行官在哪里? 逮捕莎拉奥斯本!
Where’s the Marshal? Arrest Sarah Osborne!
莎拉古德进牢房♥了
Sarah Good in the jail.
你能相信 法庭竟会把那个蠢老妇关进监狱里吗?
Would you believe a court would ever bother to jail that silly old turtle?
约翰! 吉莱斯! 小镇传来消息 今天有超过六个人被起诉了
John! Giles! News from the village!
There were six more accused today!
– 有太多的误导了,吉莱斯. – 这个镇已经疯狂了
More mischief here, Giles.
The town’s gone wild, I think.
他们已经要求 波士顿派法官来审理这个案件了
And now they’ve sent to Boston…
for the Deputy Governor to come and take charge.
一定是丹佛司法官.他会带来一些理性的 这是好消息
Ah, that’s Danforth. He’ll bring some sense to it.
哈索法官昨晚判了14个人入狱了. 14个人?
That’s good news.
Judge Hathorne condemned 14 more people to the jail last night. – Fourteen?
而且说她们如果不认罪 就要绞刑
And promised hanging if they don’t confess.
– 认什么罪? – 对孩子们施巫术
– Confess? To what? – Be Witching the children.
其中爱比威廉丝受害最深,他这么说
Abigail Williams suffers most of all, he says.
救救命吧
Save my cider.
我要回家告诉马莎
I’ll go home now, tell Martha.
我在想 只要今年收成好…
I’m thinking if the crop comes good…
…我就向约瑟夫买♥♥几头小牛
I’ll buy Joseph Ward’s heifer.
– 这样做 你会高兴吗? – 高兴
How would that please you?
Fine. It would.
我想让你开心,伊丽莎白
I mean to please you, Elizabeth.
如果你去镇上一趟 我会更开心
It would be well if you went to Salem.
爱比跟你说过 那些施法纯粹是 小女生闹着玩的 不是吗?
Abigail told you it had not to do with witchcraft.
Did she not?
他们说伊奇屈佛在法庭任职. 你就不能去跟他说说吗?
They say Ezekiel Cheever is clerk of the court now.
Can you not tell him?
上帝不会同意你 向法庭隐瞒这些事实的,约翰
God forbid you keep that from the court, John.
– 他们不会相信她说的. – 但他们已经信了
It’s a wonder they do believe her.
But they do.
玛莉华伦说…
Mary Warren says that where Abigail walks…
…爱比分开了红海 领着大家往前走呢!!
the crowds part like the sea for Israel.
我想你应该立刻走一趟
I think you must go at once.
我今晚会过去,约翰
I would go tonight John.
– 你会去吗? – 我会考虑
– Will you? – I will think on it.
– 你不能保持沉默. – 我说了我会考虑
You cannot-
I said, I will think on it.
我要怎么证明她说过的话呢,伊丽莎白?
How will I prove what she told me, Elizabeth?
我们当时单独在一起 我无法证明她说过那些话
We were alone together. I have no proof of what she said.
你跟她单独在一起?
You were alone with her?
很短的一段时间
For a moment, alone, aye.
这跟你先前说的可不一样
Then it is not as you told me.
只是一小会. 附近还有其他人的
For a moment is all. There were others close by.
– 如你愿了 是吧? – 我不想再接受你的怀疑了
– Do as you wish then. – Woman!
I’ll not have your suspicion anymore!
不,约翰,如果你不是担心可能会伤到爱比, 你现在会如此犹豫吗?
Now, John, if it were not Abigail that you must go to hurt…
would you falter now?
– 我相信不会. – 你别再审判我了. 我已经忘了爱比了
I think not.
You will not judge me more, Elizabeth. I forgot Abigail.
– 我也是呀. – 省省吧. 你从不原谅任何人的
And I?
Spare me. You forget nothing and forgive nothing.
从她离开后的这七个月, 我时时刻刻 都在想让你开心
In the seven months since she has gone…
I have not moved from there to there without I think to please you…
但你的心仍在唱着葬礼进行曲
but an everlasting funeral still marches around your heart.
因为你没说实话 你原先说 你是在人群中见着她的…
John, you are not open with me.
我保证我不会再见她了
– You saw her with a crowd, you said. – I plead my honesty no more.
不会了!
– John, I am only- – No more!
当你第一次说出你的怀疑时 我应该死不承认的…
I should have rode you down when first you told me your suspicion…
…但身为基♥督♥徒,我向你忏悔了. 但你不是神,伊丽莎白!
but I wilted, and like a Christian, I confessed.
But you’re not God, Elizabeth!
你也看看我的优点吧
Let you look for some goodness in me.
别再批判我了
And judge me not.
你的良心会批判你自己
The magistrate sits in your heart that judges you.
我一直认为你是好人,约翰. 除了有时候会被迷惑
I never thought you but a good man, John…
only somewhat bewildered.
喔 伊丽莎白. 你的正义感能让啤酒结冰
Oh, Elizabeth.
Your justice would freeze beer.
– 哈索法官. – 丹佛斯法官
– Judge Hathorne. – Judge Danforth.
– 西瓦法官. – 先生
– Judge Sewall. – Sir.
– 帕瑞斯先生. – 法官大人
– Mr. Parris. – Your Honor. – Mr. Parris.
– 霍尔先生. – 法官
Mr. Hale. -Judge. – Mr. Hale.
陪审团
The selectmen.
托马斯 普南
Thomas Putnam.
受害的女孩们
The afflicted girls, sir.
先生们 我向你们保证
I assure you, gentlemen…
…省府的最高法庭决定…
that His Majesty’s government is now determined…
…绝不让魔果占领我们马萨诸塞州 的任何一吋土地!
that the devil shall not rule…
over one single inch of Massachusetts.
而如果魔鬼真的…
And if, indeed, he has come, here…
来到了赛伦镇 我们就要把它找出 来
in Salem, is where we shall dig him out.
同时也要做好防范措施…
仔细审查那些心慌亿乱的人们 以及疯子的指控证词
Provided every precaution be taken to guard against…
the testimony of distracted persons…
and, of course, the mad.
那当然 西瓦法官
Indeed Judge Sewall.
带莎拉奥斯本!
Bring in Sarah Osborne!
莎拉奥斯本 这位是莎拉古德…
Now, Sarah Osborne, here is Sarah Good…
…因为她已经认罪施巫术了 所以不会被判处绞刑
who has confessed to witchcraft and therefore will not hang.
我劝你学学这个榜样
I bid you, follow her example.
她作证说 当魔鬼来找她时 她看到你与魔鬼同行
She testifies that when the devil came to her, you were in his company.
对呀 他们就站在那里 身形高大
There he stood, big as life, him and her…
奥斯本还用自己的鲜血 在魔鬼的契约上签名!
and Osborne writing her name in his book with her own red blood!
Your Honors…
法官大人 我这辈子都没见到过什么魔鬼

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!