and sent her here today…
to distract our sacred purpose.
如果是这样…
If so…
…那她的脖子…
her neck will break for it.
…将会为此断裂
但如果她说的是真的…
But if she speak true…
我命令你们赶快为自己的作假忏悔…
I bid you all confess your pretense now…
越快忏悔 对你自己越有利
for a quick confession will go easier with you.
爱比威廉丝
Abigail Williams.
– 这份证词说的是事实吗? – 不是 大人
– Is there any truth in this? – No, sir.
在普洛特-加龙省先生家发现的人偶
The poppet that were discovered in the Proctor house-
她说是她在法庭上做的
She claims she made it in the court…
而且你有看见她把针插上去 当针垫用
and that you saw her stick the needle into it for safekeeping.
那是谎言 大人
That is a lie, sir.
你有见过普洛特-加龙省太太的幽灵?
Did you see Goody Proctor’s spirit…
而且如你先前的指控 她刺伤了你?
and did she stab you as you have charged?
普洛特-加龙省太太派她的幽灵来刺伤我
Goody Proctor sent her spirit, and it stabbed me.
如果她是撒谎…
If she is lying, it can only mean…
就意味着 她希望见到你太太被问吊
she would see your wife hanged.
她的确是这样期望的
She would wish that, sir.
这个孩子会想要谋杀你太太吗?
This child would murder your wife?
她可不是孩子了
It is not a child!
玛莉 说出来 爱比是怎样带领你们在森林中跳舞
Mary, tell the Governor how she led you to dance in the woods.
从我来到赛伦镇 这男人就一直在抹黑我的名誉
This man is blackening my name since I came to Salem!
跳舞是怎么回事?
– What is this dancing? – Mr. Parris discovered them himself…
帕瑞斯先生发现她们深夜在树林中
in the dead of night, and they have danced there naked.
– 裸体跳舞. – 裸体?
当时帕瑞斯先生是这样告诉我的
Naked?
– 我没说她是裸体. – 但她的确有跳舞?
When I first arrived from Beverly, Mr. Parris told me that.
I did not say they were naked!
But she have danced?

Aye.
玛莉华伦
Mary Warren.
如果你允许我,阁下
If you will permit me, Excellency.
玛莉 你曾在法庭上昏倒…
Mary…
in the court, you would faint
当那些被指控的人 派幽灵来勒住你咽喉时
when people accused of witchery sent their spirit out to choke you.
那都是装的 大人
It were pretense, sir.
但你的皮肤变得又冷又苍白
But your skin turned icy and pale.
他们都是伟大的演员
They are all marvelous pretenders.
那她现在可以再演一次吗?
Then can she pretend to faint now?
为什么不行呢? 如果一切都是假的 现在就再假一次呀
Why not? if it were all pretense, pretend now.
来 变冷吧,玛莉
Come. Turn cold, Mary.
昏倒
Faint.
– 我现在装不了. – 你无法假装?
I cannot faint now.
Can you not pretend it?
我现在没有那种感觉
I have no sense of it now.
为什么? 现在缺少了什么?
Why? What is lacking now?
是不是因为现在没有幽灵在呀…
Is it that we have no afflicting spirit loose…
而当时审判时有幽灵在场?
but at the trials, there were some?
我从没看过什么幽灵
I never saw no spirits!
那你就再演一遍昏倒呀
Then faint by your own will.
快点
Come. Do it.
我做不到
I can’t.
你是在保护魔鬼吗? 承认吧! 你是有见过攻击幽灵!
Are you protecting Satan? Confess!
You did see attacking spirits!
不! 我只是认为我见到了幽灵, 但我并没真见到!
No! I only thought I saw them, but I did not!
法官大人
Your Honor, I heard the other girls screaming…
我听到其他女孩子们在尖叫…
…而且你似乎很相信她们
and you-you seemed to believe them…
然后全世界都在哭叫着 “幽灵! 幽灵!” 所以…
and then the whole world cried, “Spirits! Spirits!”
And I…
Come, Mary.
孩子
Child.
你必须回想一下
I must ask you to search your heart.
有没有可能 你所看到的幽灵 只是出自你的幻觉?
Is it possible the spirits you have seen may be illusion only?
– 这是个卑鄙的问题. – 我只是要求你多想一下…
– Some sort of- – Why, this is a base question.
I only ask you to consider.
我为什么要多想?
What shall I consider? Have I seen my blood running out of my flesh…
我到底有没有看见 自己身上流出的血?
我冒了生命的危险 难道我的回报就是 不信任和否定吗?
or have I not?
Is this my reward for risking my life…
to be mistrusted and questioned and denied?
孩子 我没有不信任你
Oh, my child. I do not mistrust.
当心呀,丹佛斯先生
Beware, Mr. Danforth.
你真以为你力量强到 魔鬼就无法扰乱你的心智?
Do you think yourself so mighty the devil may not turn your wits?
你说什么呢?
What say you?
撒旦是不会尊敬任何人的, 丹佛斯先生. 它可以让任何人堕落!
Satan is no respecter of persons, Mr. Danforth.
He may corrupt anyone!
Oh!
我感受到地狱的力量 就在这房♥间里!
I feel the power of hell in this room.
喔,爱比,不要!
Oh, Abby, no.
有风!
A wind.
A cold wind.
有一阵冷风!
– 法官大人,我凝结了! – 她们又在演戏
Your Honor, I freeze.
They’re pretending.
她全身冰冷呀,法官大人!
She’s cold as ice, Your Honor.
玛莉,停掉这冷风!
Mary, stop this wind!
– 你在对她施巫法? – 没有
– Do you witch her? – No.
收回你的幽灵
– Take back your spirit. – Let me go! I cannot do it!
让我走! 我根本不会!
天堂之父呀! 驱离这痛苦吧!
Oh, Heavenly Father, take away this torment!
– 婊♥子♥! 你还感亵渎圣名? – 普洛特-加龙省,自♥制♥点!
Whore! How do you call heaven?
Proctor! For God’s sakes, man!
– 她就是个婊♥子♥,丹佛斯先生! – 他撒谎!
– Here’s a whore, Mr. Danforth! – He lies!
认清她吧! 她可以利用尖叫来伤害我, 但她就是个婊♥子♥!
She’ll stab me with a scream, but she is a whore!
你要证明你所言属实
This will not pass.
You will prove this.
我跟她很熟
I have known her, sir!
我跟她有染
I have known her.
何时? 何地?
in what time? What place?
就在谷仓.动物的栅栏里
In the proper place, where my beasts are bedded!
我妻子看清楚了她的为人 所以把她赶出我家
My wife, my dear, good wife…
saw her for what she is…
而她一直有个幻影…
and put her out on the high road…
and being what she is- a lump of vanity-
…她想要在我妻子的坟前 和我共舞 那她就可以…
she thinks to dance with me…
on my wife’s grave, and well she might.
上帝救我,我犯了色诫!
God help me! I lusted!
所以这婊♥子♥ 现在想要复仇
For this is a whore’s vengeance now.
我将自己完全交到您手中了
I place myself entirely in your hands.
你对他说的 有一丝一毫的否认吗?
Do you deny every scrap and speck of this?
如果非要我回答…
If I must answer that question…
…我将会离开这里 永不回来 我要告诉全世界 魔鬼在赛伦镇大获全胜!
I will leave and never come back…
and I will tell the world that Satan has won Salem!
法官大人
Your Honor…
哪个男人会不顾自己的名誉扫地呢?
what man will cast away his good name?
你这是什么表情?
What look do you give me?
我可不想看到这种表情!
I will not have such look!
你不准离开
You will not leave this room.
帕里斯先生
Mr. Parris, go to the jail…
去牢里把普洛特-加龙省太太带过来
and bring Goodwife Proctor here.
阁下,这根本就是个陷阱
Excellency, this is all a snare.
快去
Bring her.
现在…
Now…
…就让我们探探 这潭污水的底吧
we shall touch the bottom of this swamp.
普洛特-加龙省先生,你说你妻子是个很诚实的人
Your wife, Mr. Proctor, you say is an honest woman.
她这一生都没撒过谎
In her life, sir, she have never lied.
当她把这女孩赶出你家门时…
And when she put this girl out of your house…
…她知道你们之间的奸♥情♥吗?
she put her out for a harlot…
and knew of her a harlot?
是 她是知道的
Aye, sir, she knew her for a harlot.
孩子 如果她告诉我 是因为淫乱才…
If she tell me, child, it were for harlotry…
…那就祈求神 真要多赐福你了
may God spread His mercy on you.
停住
Halt!
转过身去
Turn your back.
转过身去
Turn your back.
你也一样
Do likewise.
不许任何人说话…
No one may speak…
…或做任何暗示
or gesture aye or nay.
区佛先生
Mr. Cheever…
要精确的纪录下面的证词
report this testimony in all exactness.
犯人到!
Enter.
你只许看着我,普洛特-加龙省太太

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!