当着我的面在这里鼓动
in this very room, and in my presence.
他是扰乱军心的反叛罪犯
Sir. He is guilty of sedition.
他该被绞死 跟大家一样
He must be tried and hanged like any other criminal,
不管他曾救过你也是一样
regardless of what he did for my children.
但他明知后果依然留下
But he knew the consequences and he stayed.
这也算是罪犯的行径吗
Are those the actions of a criminal?
邓肯 说句公道话吧
Duncan, do something.
他明知煽动罪要处绞刑
He knew the penalty for his actions.
应该勇敢受死而不是托你求情
He ought to pay without sending you to beg.
你明知他没有托我来 你隐瞒你所看到的
You know he wouldn’t send me. You falsely spoke of what you saw.
他说那农庄的情形是实情
What happened at the farm was as Nathaniel said.
但比不上英国在威堡的利益 是谁授权给殖民们
But not with enough certainty to outweigh British interests in this fort.
评判英国的政策
And who empowered these colonials to pass judgment on England’s policies
是谁准他们未经许可擅自离营
in her own possessions, and to come and go without so much as a”By your leave”?
他们不是倚靠你们而活的
They do not live their lives by your leave!
是靠他们的双手开垦蛮荒而生存
They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands,
忍♥受他自己的孩子生处孤独
bearing their children along the way.
是你对他迷恋 所以才帮他辩护
You are defending him because you’ve become infatuated with him!
邓肯 你很难让人钦佩你 评量你整个人上下
Duncan, you are a man with a few admirable qualities.
过去我真是高估你了
But taken as a whole, l was wrong to have thought so highly of you.
可娜
Cora!
可娜 我愿尽最大努力不让你伤心
Cora, I would do anything l could to keep you from being hurt.
但这个人犯了军法
But this man is guilty of sedition
为了正义他罪无可恕
and subject to military justice and beyond pardon.
正义
Justice?
如果那是正义
If that’s justice,
那么法国越快打败英国美洲的人♥民♥
then the sooner French guns blow the English army out of America,
就越快有好日子过
the better it will be for the people here.
你不知道自己在说什么
You do not know what you’re saying! Yes, I do.
我很清楚我在说什么
I know exactly what I’m saying!
如果这叫扰乱军心 那么我也有罪
And if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too.
他们要吊死你
They’re going to hang you.
你有机会为什么不走
Why didn’t you leave when you had the chance?
因为这里还有我感兴趣的东西
Because what I’m interested in is right here.
我能为你做什么
What can I do?
不知道韦伯的援军会不会来
Webb’s reinforcements will arrive or not.
如果没来此地会被法军攻陷
If they do not arrive, the fort will fall to the French.
如果被攻陷了 你要紧跟着你父亲走
If that happens, stay close to your father.
紧跟着他
Stay close to him.
法军不会为难军官的
The French officers will try to protect the officers among the English.
不 我要去找你
No. I will find you.
不要
Do not.
答应我
Promise me.
全世界都在毁灭是不是
The whole world’s on fire.
怎么样了
What is it?
记住我的话
Remember what I told you.
紧跟着你父亲和军官
Stay close to your father and the officers.
蒙罗将军 我深知您是位英勇的敌手
Colonel Munro, I have known you as a gallant antagonist.
很高兴有机会成为您的的朋友
I am happy to make your acquaintance as a friend.
悉听差遣
And I yours, monsieur Le Marquis.
对于贵军的战术和顽强的防御
Please accept my compliments
请接受我的赞扬
for the strong and skillful defense of your fortress.
若不是由您来指挥的话
Under the command of a lesser man,
这座要塞早已被攻下
it would have fallen long ago,
由于优越的数字和材料
given the superior numbers and materials.
亦给了我与您抗衡的机会
Chance has allowed me to array against you.
马奎将军 我是一个军人 不是外交家
Monsieur Le Marquis, I am a soldier, not a diplomat.
冠冕堂皇的话
You called this parley for a better reason
可以不必多说
than an exchange of compliments.
您已经为了您的皇室付出一切努力
You have already done everything which is necessary for the honor of your prince.
现在为了人道的立场 我求您接收我的条件投降
But now I beg you to listen to the admonishments of humanity.
我求您考虑我提的条件
I beg you to consider my terms for your surrender.
或许我们也可以继续作战
Perhaps the generaI’s glass can reach as far as the Hudson
直到韦伯将军的援军赶到
and seize the size and eminence of the army of Webb?
我的殖民截到 您派出信差的一份文件
My scouts intercepted this dispatch intended for you.
在此回覆你的请求 蒙罗将军
Capitaine de Bougainville.
我并没有多余的兵力 可以支援你
“To Colonel Munro. Sir, I regret to inform you
而且不可能派得出来
“that I have no men available to send to your rescue.
建议你提出条件投降
“It is quite impossible.
这是我的回覆
“I advise you to seek terms for surrender.
伟柏签署于爱德华堡
“I remain. Jerome Webb at Fort Edward.”
是韦伯的签名
This is the signature of Webb.
我了解我们弟兄们的个性
And I know the temper of our men.
宁愿战死也不愿意到哈德逊湾霍克监狱
Rather than spend the war in a French prison hulk in Hudson Bay,
去做俘虏
they’d fight to the end.
你听到答覆了 将军
You’ve had your answer, monsieur Le Marquis.
我求您 在签下众多军士的死亡命令之前
Sir, I beg you not to sign the death warrant of so many
至少听我把话说完
until you have listened to what I have to say.
继续
Go on.
您的部队没有人会是囚犯
None of your men will see the inside of a prison barge.
只要都回到英国去 他们是完全自♥由♥的
They are free, so long as they return to England
不必留在美国打仗了
and fight no more on this continent,
民兵也都可以回归田里家园
and the civilian militia return to their farms.
武装呢
Their arms?
他们仍能全副武装
They may leave the fortress fully armed.
我的国旗与制♥服♥呢
My colors?
您可以光荣地带回英国去
Carry them to England with pride.
请让我和同僚商量一下
Allow me to consult with my officers.
我从不预期活着能看到一些东西
I have lived to see something which I never expected.
英国官员不敢支持另一个
A British officer afraid to support another.
韦伯真该下地狱
Webb can burn in hell.
我们回城里去跟他们一决死战
And we’ll go back and dig our graves behind those ramparts.
死亡和荣誉常被想成是相同的一件事
Death and honor are thought to be the same,
但今天我学习到不同的见解
but today I have learned that sometimes they are not.
长官
Sir…
马奎将军
Monsieur Le Marquis,
我被您超凡的绅士情操深深感动
I am deeply touched by such unusual and unexpected generosity.
城♥堡♥交给您的条件是
My fort is yours under the condition
在黎明前让我埋葬弟兄们的遗体
that I be given till dawn to bury my dead,
以及所有眷属 准备好长途行军
to prepare my men and women for the long journey ahead
并且请您的医生不吝 医治我们的伤患
and to hand my wounded over to your surgeons.
我同意 蒙罗将军
Granted, monsieur.
英国人和我的法国主子之间的战斧已经掩埋了是吗
Is the hatchet buried between the English and my French father?
对 战士们不再割头皮了
Yes.
因为白人们已经成为朋友了
Not a warrior has a scalp and the white men become friends.
法皇已经拥有这块土地
My master owns these lands,
我奉命来驱逐非法殖民
and I have been ordered to drive off the English squatters.
英国人已同意离开
They have consented to go,
他们不再是我的敌人了
so now I call them enemies no longer.
马瓜说好要用鲜血染红战斧
Magua took the hatchet to color with blood.
但至今战斧还是白的
It’s still bright.
除非染上他们的鲜血 才能停止怨恨
Only when it’s red, then it will be buried.
这么多的日子以来
So many suns have set since Magua struck the war post.
马瓜帮着法国攻打英军
And where is that sun?
何时才能复仇雪恨 我是族人的孩子
Magua is the son of his people
努力不懈的当上了领袖 你已然有权利
and he has come to lead many of them.
带领休伦族和其他盟族
But Magua has power with his Huron people and others here,
我知道
I know well.
马瓜的村子和屋子 被英国佬烧光了
Magua’s village and lodges were burnt.
马瓜的孩子 被英国佬杀死了
Magua’s children were killed by the English.
我被抓去给那些为灰发佬 打仗的摩和克人作为奴隶
I was taken as slave by the Mohawk who fought for the Grey Hair.
马瓜的妻子以为他死了
Magua’s wife believed he was dead
所以成为了别人的老婆
and became the wife of another.
而灰发佬就是原凶
The Grey Hair was the father of all that.
当时
In time,
马瓜跟摩和克族人称兄道弟 获得了自♥由♥
Magua became blood brother to the Mohawk to become free.
但在他心里永远都是休伦族
But always in his heart, he is Huron.
而他心里的创伤
And his heart will be whole again on the day
只能在灰发佬和他的子嗣被灭绝了的时候才能痊愈
the Grey Hair and all his seed are dead.
驻加拿大总司令 你会相信英国人的条件吗
Does the chief of the Canadas believe the English will keep the terms?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!