佩迪格鲁小姐
Miss Pettigrew,
我终于知道 你的脾气又臭又硬
I was warned of your stubbornness and impertinence,
我早该了解清楚的 你曾被成为
and I should have known better when you were called the
“女家教的最后人选”
“governess of last resort.”
但我没想到 你完全不能胜任这工作
But I had no idea of your utter unsuitability.
-你被解雇了 -梅根女士 但是…
-You are dismissed. -But, Mrs. Brummegan…
走开
Away!
再给我一次机会…
Allow me one last chance…
再见 佩迪格鲁小姐
Goodbye, Miss Pettigrew.
你们还欠我一星期工资
I’m owed a week’s wages.
我的错 非常抱歉 我真心道歉
I say! I’m terribly sorry! I do apologize.
哦 不 我的东西
Oh, no! My things!
我的东西
My things!
让我帮你搞定
Let me help you with that.
他们会因此送我回监狱的
They’ll have me back in prison for this.

Oh!
哦 说着玩呢
Oh, nothing serious.
每当我认真说话的时候 我就…
Well, when I say serious, I…
不用了
No.
等等 你的…
Wait! Your…
你的东西
Your belongings!
对不起
Sorry!
格里
Gerry?
伊迪萨 如果你两秒钟不碰他…
Edythe, if you can keep your hands off him for just two seconds…
我们自己打车 谢谢你
We’re getting our own cab, thank you.
真下流
That’s naughty!
我们离开这儿吧 格里
Let’s get out of here, Gerry.
沃什伯恩斯·简 5岁
Washburns. Jane, aged five.
-可爱的小女孩 -在公园走失…
-Lovely girl. -Lost in the park…
独♥立♥ 这就是那孩子需要的…
Independence. That’s all that girl needs…
要独♥立♥6个小时
For six hours?
兰德尔家的男孩 约翰和罗宾
The Randle boys, John and Robin.
福特南·梅森公♥司♥(英国高级食品店)
“怀斯特把科洛内尔·约翰逊推到
“Wrestled retired Colonel Johnson
福特南·梅森公♥司♥门外的地板上
to the floor outside Fortnum and Mason’s,
“喊着’纳粹好战者’ 因为…” 我是引用的
“shouting, ‘Nazi warmonger’ because…”And I quote,
“佩迪格鲁觉得他是德国间谍”
“Miss Pettigrew thought he was a German spy.”
这只是个小玩笑
A little joke.
“有人叫了救护车 报了警”
Ambulance called. Police called.”
好吧 现在轮到梅根一家了
Yes. And now the Brummegans.
佩迪格鲁小姐 我们生活在不太平的年代
Miss Pettigrew, we live in uncertain times.
天哪 随便哪天都可能会有战争
My goodness, there could be a war any day.
你以为工作很容易找吗
Do you think that work is easy to find?
不不 当然没有 霍尔特女士
No, no. Certainly not, Miss Holt.
但是梅根太太她…
But Mrs. Brummegan was…
喜欢喝雪利酒 你明白我的意思吧
Well, fond of a sherry, if you take my meaning.
作为一个牧师的女儿 我觉得她很难相处
As a vicar’s daughter, I found her rather difficult.
不 她觉得你难相处 佩迪格鲁小姐
No, she found you rather difficult, Miss Pettigrew.
而这个 恐怕就叫恶性循环了
And that is, I’m afraid, a recurring theme.
-霍尔特女士 -怎么了 吉莉
-Miss Holt? -Yes, Jilly?
拉弗塞家族昨晚来电♥话♥了 还在招人
The Lafosse household rang last night. Still looking.
谢谢 我马上处理
Thank you. Yes, I won’t be a moment.
人是可以改变的
A person can change.
我没看出来你会有什么改变
I haven’t seen any sign of that.
她可以戒酒
She could stop drinking.
客户不会迁就你的要求 佩迪格鲁小姐
Our clients don’t adapt to suit your needs, Miss Pettigrew,
是你去迁就他们
you adapt to them!
我努力了 霍尔特女士 真的
I am trying, Miss Holt. Really.
再给我一次机会 你不会后悔的
Give me one last chance. You won’t regret it.
亲爱的 我已经给过你三次机会了
My dear woman, I already have. Thrice.
恐怕我们现在 没有适合你的职位了
I’m afraid we have nothing suitable for you at the moment.
-再见 佩迪格鲁小姐 -明天我能再过来吗
-Good day, Miss Pettigrew. -Shall I come back tomorrow?
情况暂时不会好转
The situation is most unlikely to have changed.
那后天呢
The day after?
除非你愿意改变
Only if you desire the exercise.
霍尔特女士 拜托了 求你了
Miss Holt. Please, I implore you.
你好 霍尔特女士
Yes, Miss Holt?
达灵顿小姐这周就能结束
Miss Darlington is finishing
在卡罗尔·兰布德家的工作了吧
with Carole Lombard this week, isn’t she?
她非常适合去拉弗塞家 你不觉得吗
She would be perfect for the Lafosse residence, don’t you think?
我想她是最佳人选
I think she would be an excellent choice.
能让我看看她的资料吗
Can you refer to her file for me?
当然可以
Certainly.
谢谢
Thank you.
我跟你说过再见了 佩迪格鲁小姐
I said good day, Miss Pettigrew.
再见
Good day.
真不错
Amazing.
你好
Hi.
我是霍尔特女士劳务所推荐来的
I have come from Miss Holt’s Agency.
现在几点
What time is it?
十点零五分
It’s five minutes past 10:00.
-十点了 -已经过了5分钟了
-10:00? -Five minutes past.
-早上吗 -我想是的
-In the morning? -I believe so.
哦 天哪
Oh, God!
哦 天哪 瞧瞧这地方
Oh, my God, look at the place.
我以为你在等着我来呢
I was given to believe you were expecting me.
霍尔特劳务所
Miss Holt’s Employment Agency?
完全正确 亲爱的 可这个很快也太快了点
Darn right, honey. And not a moment too soon.
让我来吧
Allow me.
漂亮
Neat!
几点了
Time?
十点零六分
Six minutes past 10:00.
有其他我能帮忙的吗
Can I be of any further assistance?
除非你能在2分钟内让菲利普起床 但这不可能
Not unless you can get Phil out of bed in the next two minutes, you can’t.
对付睡懒觉的任性孩子 我有一套
I’ve known my share of naughty boys who oversleep.
你确定吗
You too, huh?
菲利普 该起床了 亲爱的
Phil! It’s time to wake up, darling!
-该死的 -让我试试
-Damn it! -Allow me.
我可以让那孩子立刻起床穿衣
I can get your boy up and dressed in no time.
你行 真的
You could? Really?
-当然了 -你真是位天使
-Certainly. -Angel.
我们不能纵容小孩子胡闹 就是这样
One must not stand for any nonsense, that’s all.
他们得知道有人在管着
They just need to know who’s in charge.
楼上第一间
First door at the top of the stairs.
菲利普
Philip?
太阳晒屁♥股♥了 菲利普
Rise and shine, Philip!
像我和你妈说的 我不会纵容你胡闹的
As I said to your mother, I won’t stand for any nonsense.
你这任性的小子 快起来
You naughty boy, get up!
我正打算起来 如你所见
I kind of am up, as you can see.
哦 天哪
Oh, golly!
不好意思 拉弗塞太太 能和你谈谈吗
Excuse me, Mrs. Lafosse, may I speak to you?
拉弗塞太太…
Mrs. Lafosse…
哦 天哪
Oh, heavens!
接下电♥话♥吧 好吗 是尼克的话 就说…
Answer that, will you? If it’s Nick, tell him…
就说我死了
Tell him I’m dead.
早上好 我是霍尔特女士 霍尔特劳务所的
Good morning, this is Miss Holt here, of Holt’s Employment Agency.
我打来是想告诉你
I’ve just rung to say
我们全劳务所最优秀的女士正往你那儿去
that one of our best women is on her way over to you now.

Hello?
不不不 那不需要
No, no, no! That won’t be necessary.
拉弗塞已经死了
I’m afraid that Mrs. Lafosse is dead.
再见
Goodbye.
我没在做饭
Don’t really do kitchens. Hmm.
菲利普那搞定没
Any luck with Phil?
-对不起 拉弗塞太太… -黛莉西亚
-I’m so sorry, Mrs. Lafosse… -Delysia.
黛莉西亚 恐怕我在你的客人毫无防备的情况下擅闯了
Delysia, I’m afraid I walked in on your guest in a state of nature.
恐怕我冒犯到他了
I fear that I have outraged his sense of propriety.
哦 不 菲利普不在乎那些的
Oh, no, Phil doesn’t have one of those.
他比我以为的小男孩大多了
He’s a much bigger boy than I had expected.
哦 你发现了 他的确实很大 不是吗
Oh, you noticed. He is, isn’t he?
呃…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!