你现在就移交给别人
This case? Cullen?
哪个案子, 库伦案
I’ve got a jury showing up. Do you love this woman?
可是今天就要首次开庭 你爱这个女人吗
Of course I do. Then what are you doing?
我当然爱她 那你在干嘛
She’s sick.
她生病了
Everyone will understand. I’ll understand.
大家都会谅解, 我也会的
What about Cullen?
那库伦怎么办
We find somebody new.
我们另找别人接手吧
You consult.
你从旁协助
You live to fight another day.
以后有别个案子再让你发挥
What are you talking about? I put together a great jury.
你在说什么, 陪审团是我挑的
It’s a disappointment. We have them.
那真是太可惜了
All of us have them. You use it. You embrace it. And then you move on.
反正这种事天天都在发生, 习惯就好了
Hang on.
等等
We’ve gotta talk about this.
我们必须谈一谈
Listen to yourself, Kevin. “We’ve gotta talk about this.”
你听听 “我们要谈一谈”
It’s your wife!
她是你老婆耶
She’s sick, she needs you.
她生病了, 她需要你
She’s got to come first.
你必须把她摆第一位
All right, wait a minute.
好吧, 等一下
Do you mean the possibility of leaving this case has never entered your mind?
你是说, 你从没想过要放弃这个案子
You know what scares me?
知道我害怕什么吗
I quit the case, she gets better
我放弃这个案子, 而她病好了
and I hate her for it.
我会为此而恨她
I don’t want to resent her.
我不想恨她
I’ve got a winner here.
我已经在此地赢过一场官司
I’ve got to nail this fucker down and put it behind me. Just get it done.
我要抛开一切, 把这个案子搞定
Then…
然后…
then…
然后…
put all my energy into her.
再全心全意照顾她
I stand corrected.
我收回先前的决定
Fill me in. Did Cullen’s assistant admit to the affair?
告诉我, 那助理承认外遇吗
She did to me, but
她承认了, 不过…
she won’t in court.
她不愿出庭作证
Convince her otherwise.
去说服她
And when all that evidence is laid before you
当各位见到所有的证据后
when all these pieces weave together, you will conclude
当一切事实呈现出来后
you will know
你们将会知道
that Alexander Cullen is guilty
艾力·库伦犯下了滔天罪行
of murdering three people
他残酷地
in cold blood
杀害了三条人命
and with malice aforethought.
而且是蓄意谋杀
Thank you.
谢谢各位
Your Honor.
庭上
We can break for lunch now or you can do a stop and start.
你要休息用餐还是继续
If it’s a choice, I’ll go now.
可以的话, 我要求继续
I won’t be as long as Mr. Broygo.
我不会耽搁各位太久
Proceed.
请继续吧
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury
各位陪审团女士, 先生们
I know you’ve spent all morning listening to Mr. Broygo.
各位花了一上午听检察官起诉
I know you’re hungry.
我知道大家都饿了
What I need to tell you won’t take very long at all.
所以我不想占用太久时间
I don’t like Alexander Cullen.
其实我也不喜欢艾力·库伦
I don’t think he’s a nice person.
我认为他不是好人
I don’t expect you to like him.
我也不期望你们会喜欢他
He’s been a terrible husband to all three of his wives.
他结了三次婚, 不是个好丈夫
He’s been a destructive force in the lives of his stepchildren.
他对他的养子们任意动粗
He’s cheated the city, his partners
他对全市民, 他的生意伙伴
his employees.
还有他的员工都不老实
He’s paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in penalties and fines.
他所交的罚锾有如天文数字
I don’t like him.
我不喜欢他
I’m going to tell you some things during the course of this trial
接下来, 我让你们知道他的事…
that are going to make you like him even less.
会让你们更讨厌他
But this isn’t a popularity contest.
不过这可不是最佳人气比赛
It’s a murder trial.
这是一件谋杀案的审判
And the single most important provable fact of this proceeding
最重要的事实, 我们证明
is that Alexander Cullen was somewhere else
艾力·库伦
when these
在血案发生当时
horrible crimes took place.
是在别的地方
Now, the State
现在, 司法当局
The State is going all out here.
虎视眈眈
They’ve got this whole team here
他们正用尽一切方法
throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this case.
把莫须有罪名往他身上推
I want one thing from you.
我只要求各位一件事
That’s it.
如此而已
One thing.
只有一件事
I want you to ask yourself:
我希望各位问问自己
“Is not liking this man reason enough to convict him of murder?”
“只因为讨厌这个人就足以判他犯了杀人罪吗”
Enjoy your lunch.
祝各位午餐愉快
We’ll talk again.
下午见了
What the fuck was that about? They’re going to hate me!
你在搞什么, 这下子他们真的要讨厌我了
Listen to me like you’ve never to anyone before in your life.
你给我好好听清楚
I’m gonna bust my ass to make sure they hate you.
我要想尽方法逼他们讨厌你
Because as long as you’re boning Melissa, you’re not home killing your wife!
只要我证明你在和玛莉莎搞, 你就不会是凶手
Why didn’t you say something before?
你怎么不早说
Then it doesn’t look spontaneous.
太早说不就没戏演了吗
You got it now.
懂了吗
Saw you go in.
我刚刚看你从店里出来
What’s up?
有事吗
Congratulations.
恭喜了
It’s not over yet. I’m not talking about the trial.
还没有宣判咧 我不是说那件官司
What are you talking about?
那是什么事
How the fuck does your name get on the firm’s charter?
你的名字怎么会出现在公♥司♥的章程上?
What?
什么
It looks like it’s been there for years.
看起来有些年了
So, now you’re a partner. When did that happen?
你什么时候变成公♥司♥合伙人
You know, I still am the managing director of this firm.
你眼里还有我这个总经理吗
You want my job, take me head on.
想把我♥干♥掉, 就跟我硬碰硬
You backdoor me one more time
再玩阴的, 我就让你好看
and I’ll take your partnership papers and shove them down your throat!
我就让你好看
I don’t know what you’re talking about. I sure don’t like your tone of voice.
我不知道你在说什么
Bullshit.
别装了
You’ve got a problem with documents
要是你对公♥司♥文件有问题
I suggest you put together one of your late-night shredding sessions.
建议你去碎纸机找
You think you’re tough enough to run this firm?
你以为你够格管这公♥司♥了吗
Remember the Weaver Commission investigation?
还记得维佛的调查吗
Tell your mentor…
告诉你师♥父♥…
the next time Weaver calls me, maybe I’ll just
下次维佛打电♥话♥给我
pick up the phone.
搞不好我会全说了
Was he drunk? I doubt it.
他喝醉了吗 应该没有
He was going running.
他在慢跑
What the hell was he talking about?
他到底在说什么
Eddie’s got himself in trouble again.
艾迪又惹上麻烦了
And he wants me to save him. Only this time, I can’t.
他要我救他, 这次我拒绝了
Why does he think I’m after his job?
为什么他认为我想把他干掉
You ever have any experience with manic depression?
你有过精神躁郁症的经验吗
Not directly, no.
没有
You do now.
艾迪就是如此
It’s me. Get Eddie Barzoon.
是我, 替我呼叫艾迪·巴住
He may be out running, so you might have to page him.
他大概在慢跑, 替我呼叫他
It’s an emergency. Yes, sir.
有紧急的事 马上
You look like you could use a drink.
你大概需要喝一杯
Yes, thanks.
好, 谢了
Eddie Barzoon, Eddie Barzoon.
艾迪·巴住, 艾迪·巴住
I nursed him through two divorces, a cocaine rehab
两次离婚我替他搞定, 送他去戒毒治疗
and a pregnant receptionist.
把秘书肚子搞大, 也是我摆平
God’s creature, right?
上帝的子民, 是吗
God’s special creature?
上帝最钟爱的生物
I’ve warned him, Kevin.
我警告过他, 凯文
I’ve warned him every step of the way.
我一直不断地警告他
Watching him bounce around like a fucking game.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!