But my water comes out brown when I turn on the faucet.
很简单 可能你的水管接到旧管上了
Perhaps your plumbing is a little bit on the old side, quite simply.
那我听说的污水处理厂呢?
Well, what about the sewage plant I heard about?
基本是新的 你自己去看看
It’s almost brand new. Go and see for yourself.
布雷克先生 我知道市长办公室总是最好的替罪羔羊
Mr. Blake, I know the mayor’s office is always a perfect scapegoat,
但是这一次 我们什么都没做
but for once, we didn’t do anything.
有时什么都不做会让你感到内疚
Well, sometimes doing nothing makes you just as guilty
和做了一大堆事一样
as if you did a whole bunch of things.
听着 布雷克先生
Listen, Mr. Blake.
我对外国人没有意见
I have nothing against foreigners,
但你只是初来乍到
but you have only just come here.
让我们用自己的方式解决问题吧
Let us resolve our difficulties in our own way.
没错 可能会拖延 但是我们最终肯定有办法解决
True, it can drag on, but we always find a solution in the end.
布雷克先生 很高兴认识你
Well, Mr. Blake, it was a pleasure to meet you.
也很高兴认识你 市长先生
Pleasure to meet you too, Mr. Mayor.
这很好 你进步很大
This is really good. You’ve really improved.
因为我有个好老师
It’s because I have a good teacher.
也许吧 不过你很快就不需要了
Perhaps, but soon, you won’t need him anymore.
你什么时候再考试?
So when do you take your exams again?
– 下周 – 如果通过考试 你有什么计划?
– Next week. – And what happens if you pass?
我想我会去巴黎找份工作
Well, um, I guess, I go to Paris and find a job.
好 我们找下难点的题做吧
OK, uh… Let’s find you something a bit tougher to do.
就是这个 涡轮的问题
Here we go, a turbine problem.
水到我们这里时已经是棕色了
The water is already brown when it reaches us.
我们在最后一个环节
We are at the end of the chain.
为什么每个人都责怪我们?
So why does everybody give us shit about this?
为什么你不直接去找那些负责人?
Why don’t you go and see who is really responsible?
我很乐意去 但是请给我点暗示
I’d be happy to. Just give me one clue and I promise you,
我保证之后不会有人找你麻烦
nobody will give you a hard time after that.
– 化肥把水变成棕色了 – 肥料?
– Chemical fertilizers turn the water brown. – Fertilizers?
这里附近也没有很多工厂在生产肥料
And there are not 50 factories producing fertilizers around here.
只有一家
There’s only one.
抱歉打扰你了
Sorry to bother you.
我知道 主啊 我的家人在挑战你的耐性
I know, Jesus, that my family tries your patience.
但你知道 他们本质并不坏
But you know, deep down, they’re not bad people.
他们只是需要您的指引
They just need you to guide them,
我很信赖您
and I’m relying on you,
因为我一个人做不到
because I can’t do it all on my own.
阿门
Amen.
神父 你吓到我了
Father, you gave me a start.
如果有个你无需担惊受怕的地方 那就是教堂
If there’s one place you shouldn’t be frightened, it’s in church.
你说得对 抱歉
Yes, you’re right. I’m sorry.
我不是第一次白天看到你
You know, this isn’t the first time I’ve seen you in the middle of the day,
一个人在祈祷了 但从没见你参加过弥撒
praying on your own, but never at mass.
对 我尽量多来
Yes, well, I come as often as I can.
我刚在等一位教友 明显他来不了了
I was expecting a parishioner, who can’t make it apparently.
你要代替他忏悔吗?
Would you like to take his place for confession?
我?
Me?
我忏悔自己多年没有忏悔过了
Oh, I confess it’s been years since I went to confession.
那你至少可以请求主原谅这件事
Well, then that’s one thing at least you should ask forgiveness for.
我想你们应该受制于一些保密条款的吧
I imagine that you’re bound by some sort of confidentiality clause.
我所说的任何事都不会传出去
Nothing I say leaves the building.
我们受制于一些比保密条款
We are bound by something far more sacred
更神圣的东西
than a confidentiality clause.
忏悔的保密性
The secrecy of the confessional box.
不用担心
Have no fear.
来吧
Venez.
沃伦! 你的作业呢?
Warren! Your homework?
我的作业?
My homework?
我给你布置的最新版校报作业
The assignment I gave you for the last edition of the school newspaper.
用英文写一个有双关语的短故事
A short story in English with wordplay and double meanings.
哦 对 那个啊
Oh, yeah, that one.
沃伦 今晚就要印刷了
Warren, it goes off to the printers tonight,
– 别告诉我你没做 – 不 我当然做了
– So don’t tell me you haven’t done it. – No, of course I did it.
– 太好了 可以交给我吗? – 可以 但它在这里面
– Wonderful. Can I have it? – Yeah, it’s just in here.
给我五分钟时间把它写出来
Give me five minutes to get you a hard copy.
五分钟 多一秒都不行
Five minutes and not one second more.
足够了
More than enough.
双关语…
Wordplay…
用英文…
In English…
– 很好 – 你开心吗?
– Nice. – You havin’ a good time?
现在歌♥剧院在上演什么呢?
What’s on at the opera right now?
你不会喜欢的 唐·卢奇斯 他们在演鲍里斯·戈都诺夫(普希金作品)
You wouldn’t like it, Don Luchese. They’re doing Boris Godunov.
作者是个俄♥国♥人 老♥毛♥子
It’s a story written by a Russian. Russki.
为什么我会不喜欢?
Why wouldn’t I like it?
如果对你来说是”戈都诺夫” 那对我来说就够好了(两者读音相似)
If it’s “Godunov” for you, it’s “good enough” for me.
“如果对你来说够好
“If it’s good enough for you,
对我来说就是戈都诺夫”
it’s Godunov for me.”
如果她不喜欢 那她也太糟糕了
If she doesn’t like that, then too bad for her.
我拿到报纸了
I got the Gazette.
宝贝 宝贝
Chéri. Chéri.
他们出版了我们儿子的诗
我在飞机上看
盖里! 你整天就不能干一点活吗?
Gary! Can you do five minutes’ work a day?
– 就当是为了我 – 老板 我在休息
– Just for me. – Boss, I’m on my break.
马上动起来!
Move your ass before I kick it!
维切斯 我觉得我恋爱了
Vincenze, I think I’m in love.
谁是那个幸运的女孩?
Oh. Who’s the lucky girl?
他们叫她四月小姐
They call her Miss April.
那你要等到夏天了
You should wait for summer.
所以你该呆在这
That’s why you ought to stay at it.
– 对 – 嘿 莫拉勒斯
– Yeah. – Hey, Morales.
大佬 有你的包裹
I have a package for you, boss.
– 你的膝盖怎样了? – 好多了 谢谢
– How’s your knee? – Much better. Thank you.
看上去像是我侄子寄来的包裹
Looks like a package from my nephew.
我的咖啡 你一定要尝试下 莫拉勒斯
My coffee. You gotta taste this, Morales.
我也想 但是C区那边有事
I would love to, but I have a situation in Block C.
– 我会留一些给你的 – 谢谢
– I’ll keep some for you. – Thanks.
家乡特产 是吗?
Specialty from home, huh?
不 一个在这里呆过一段时间的米兰人介绍给我的
No, a guy from Milan who spent some time here introduced me to this.
不像爱尔兰咖啡那么多奶油 但没那么甜
Not as creamy as Irish coffee, but less sickly.
– 干杯 – 干杯
– Salute. – Salute.
– 不错吧? – 对 很好
– Well? – Yeah, it’s nice. Good.
– 这是法文 对不? – 我看看
– This is French, no? – Let me see.
我在这已经学了四门语言 最近开始上中文课
I’ve learned four languages in my time here and started Chinese lessons recently.
我在唐人街听了数十年
I butchered them for decades in Chinatown,
但他妈的一个字都听不懂
never understanding a damn word they said.
我觉得至少我欠了他们很多 必须学学
I thought I owed them that much, at least.
对 是法语
Yes, it’s French.
“如果对你来说是’戈都诺夫’ 对我来说就… 就’足够好’了”
“If it’s ‘Godunov’ for you, it’s… it’s ‘good enough’ for me.”
去找莫拉勒斯
Go get Morales.
请跟我进来 钱巴德先生现在能见你了
Please follow me. Mr. Chambard will see you now.
布雷克先生
Ah. Mr. Blake.
我不想显得没礼貌 但我没多少时间了
I don’t want to seem rude, but I don’t have much time.
– 还要赶飞机 – 是吗?
– I have a plane to catch. – Oh, yeah?
– 你骑摩托车吗? – 对 一直都骑
– Oh, you’re a biker? – Yes, always have been.
我可以为你做什么吗?
What can I do for you?
希望你不是也来这讨论污水的事
I hope you are not here about this brown water business too.
恐怕就是此事
I’m afraid so.
只要我们跳出传统的思维方式
If only we could put a stop to this archaic way of thinking,
“化学品就意味着污染”
“chemicals equal pollution.”
不 相信我 你在帮反方做宣传了
No, believe me, you’re preaching to the converted.
我一打开厨房♥的水龙头
But you know, it’s when I turn my water on in my kitchen,
就出来棕色的水了 我不想要棕色的水
and it comes out brown, I don’t want brown water.
– 我想要透明的水… – 那就买♥♥瓶装水吧
– I want my water crystal clear… – Buy bottled water then.
我最讨厌的就是被人打断
If there is one thing I don’t like, it’s being interrupted.
我再问你一遍 建议你高度重视
So I’m going to ask you one more time, and I advise you to pay close attention.
我一打开水龙头就出来棕色的水了
When I turn on my faucet, and the water comes out brown,
我不想要棕色的水 我想要透明的水
I don’t want my water brown, I want it crystal clear.
– 那你可以为我做点什么吗? – 涡轮…
– So what can you do for me? – The turbine…
– 涡轮? – 对
– The turbine? – Yes.
把泵停掉

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章源代码
下一篇文章云图
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!