The pumps, stop it.
涡轮在哪里?
Where is this turbine?
下一个水槽那… 五号♥
Next tank… number five.

Good.
不 我的孩子们
No. My children.
你要敢开口提这件事 就不会有孩子了
You open your big mouth about this, you won’t have no children no more.
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
我只是在边消磨时间 边等你
I’m just passing the time, waiting on you.
– 你去哪里了? – 我刚遛狗去了
– Where you been? – I was just walking the dog.

Mm hmm.
你在读我的手稿?
You read the manuscript?
这是我的职责 弗雷德 别抓狂 我应该密切关注你的
It’s my job, Fred. Don’t get mad, I’m supposed to be keeping an eye on you.
那下次呢? 你从我的洗手盆出来吗?
What am I to expect next time? You come out of my toilet bowl?
不 不是我 但迪·奇科随时都有可能
No, not me, but Di Cicco could any minute.
你让我惊呆了 弗雷德 真的
You amaze me, Fred. Really.
你比看上去有文化
You’re not as illiterate as you seem.
这有点粗糙 但你完全有自己的风格
This is a bit rough around the edges, but you got a style all your own.
我尤其喜欢你描述地盘战之后
I particularly enjoyed your account of the peace negotiations
你和埃斯特班家的和平谈判
with the Esteban family after your turf wars.
你作出了”让步” 这就是他们所谓的委婉说法 弗雷德
You made a “concession,” that’s what’s they call a euphemism, Freddy.
其实那天你拍了哥伦比亚人的臭马屁
You practically kissed his smelly Colombian ass that day.
斯坦 我想我们有过协议 我们不能互相侮辱
Stan, I thought we had an agreement. We wouldn’t insult each other.
你要乖乖听话 现在不会觉得像被辱骂了
Keep your ass in this chair, you wouldn’t be feeling insulted right now.
另外 你对我的描述有点苛刻
On the other hand, your account of me is a bit harsh.
“联邦调查局的斗牛犬在过去六年里
“The FBI pitbull who’s been ruining my life
毁了我的生活”
for the last six years.”
“眼神… 比臭鱼还要暗淡 ”
“Eyes… colder than a rotten fish.”
“他可以把自己避税的母亲
Uh, “He’d be capable of hauling his own mother
拖到法庭上”
into court for fudging on her taxes.”
这有点奇怪 陈词滥调 弗雷德 放松点
That is just awkward, hackneyed syntax. Freddy, take it easy.
你避开我们的监控 这就足以让我马上终止
You escaped our surveillance and that is enough for me to terminate
证人保护行动 连你在华盛顿的亲人
the Witness Protection Program right now, and there’s not a goddamn thing
也束手无策
all your cronies in Washington could do about it.
如果你再玩这样的把戏
If you plan another stunt like this,
我就给你装个电子脚铐
I’m gonna put an electronic bracelet on your ankle.
斯坦 你不觉得自己有点反应过度了吗?
Stan, don’t you think you’re overreacting a little too much?
这是在悲伤什么? 在一个鸟不拉屎的车♥库♥
What is all this grief about? A couple of pages
写出来的几页自传?
written in a garage in the middle of nowhere?
这个泄露出去的话 你就死定了
This gets out, you’re dead.
斯坦 我们都会死的
Stan, we’re all gonna die.
我会对你坦白的
And I’ll be honest with ya.
为这些文字而死…
Dying for these words…
总比我命中注定的死法更高尚
is always nobler than the death I’m destined for.
你写完之后 给我看看剩余的
Give me the rest of it to read when you’re finished.
成交?
Deal?
你写的这个还真是不错
You’ve got a real page-turner here.
我等不及看结局了
I can’t wait to see how it ends.
噢… 贝拉 抱歉
Uh… Belle. Uh… I’m sorry.
今天对我来说很特殊
Today is a special day for me.
我知道 你明天要考试
I know. Your exam’s tomorrow.
对 我坐今晚七点十五的火车…
Yes. My train is at 7:15 this evening, and…
我们今晚不做练习了
We won’t do any exercises tonight.
我没打算做
I didn’t intend to.
我… 整理了一些练习
I, uh… put together some exercises
让你回家做
for you to do, uh, at home.
是方程式
They’re equations.
我有个问题要问你
And I have something that I’d like you to solve.
比生命本身更美丽的是什么…
What’s more beautiful than life itself…
它吞噬你的内心…
Devours you inside…
让你整天又哭又笑…
Makes you laugh and cry all day…
让你可以在任何时间…
and makes you do anything…
任何地点…
anytime…
做任何事情?
any place?
贝拉…
Belle…
答案是?
And the answer is?
嗯! 妈的!
Mmm! Fuck!
– 乔 – 亲爱的 我不能…
– Gio. – Aw, honey, I can’t…
对不起 但只有一个古典的措辞可以配得上你的意大利面
I’m sorry, but only a good old-fashioned expression is worthy of your pasta.
美味到你只能用”他妈的好吃”来形容
It is so good that’s the only way you describe it: “fucking good.”
这是极致的赞美了
It’s the ultimate compliment.
你♥他♥妈♥的不赞美也行
I’d happily do without your fucking compliments.
亲爱的 太美味了 比纽约的更好吃
Honey, it’s so good, it’s better than New York.
不 你记错了 亲爱的
No, your memory’s playing tricks on you, honey.
这些番茄来自西班牙 什么味道都没有
These tomatoes are from Spain. There’s no flavor whatsoever.
对啊 老年痴呆症向你靠近了吗 老爸?
Yeah, Alzheimer’s coming to get you, Dad?
好吧 但是你得知道
Yeah, OK. But, you know,
你会做一些的确很棒的事
there’s something you do that’s just amazing.
不 那是因为乡愁补偿了风味的缺失
No, nostalgia compensates for the lack of flavors
激发大脑重现丢失的所有碎片
and stimulates the brain to recreate all the missing pieces.
你们这两个家伙怎么了?
What is this with you guys? Huh?
我在这努力地称赞你们的老妈
I’m trying to pay your mother a compliment over here,
你们却在胡说别的
and you guys are going off on some other nonsense.
是吧? 这个家怎么了?
Huh? What’s wrong with this family?
现在这是什么回事? 喂 她去哪里?
What is this now? Hey. Where’s she going?
她晚餐吃到一半离席?
She leaves the table in the middle of dinner?
我觉得她有点喜欢上某人了
I think she has a little crush on someone.
对 是个数学怪才
Yeah, it’s a math geek.
喜欢? 显然我是最后一个知道的
A crush? And I’m the last to know, obviously.
我想目前还在初步阶段
It hasn’t gone past first base so far, I don’t think.
很高兴知道 但那个家伙认为他可以
Well, that’s good to know, but the guy just thinks he can call
白天或晚上随时打过来吗? 我们在这里干嘛呢?
at any time of the day or night? What are we doing here?
乔 没问题的
Gio, it’s fine.
有问题 现在差不多九点了
It’s not fine. It’s almost nine o’clock.
这不是任何人打电♥话♥给我们的好时机 我们在做什么呢?
This is not a decent time for anybody to be calling us. What are we doing?
– 爸 是找你的 – 好的
– Dad. It’s for you. – Yeah.
你好
Yeah.
晚上好 我是勒梅西
Good evening. This is Mr. Lemercier.
我们几个星期前在你的烧烤派对上见过面 我是那个英语老师
We met a few weeks ago at your barbecue. I’m the English teacher.
哦 我认识你 对 对
Oh, yeah, yeah. I know you, yeah. Right, right.
– 我可以为你做什么呢? – 呃…
– So what can I do for you? – Well, um…
我管理舍浪电影协会差不多五年了
I’ve run the Cholong Film Society for nearly five years now,
当然是以志愿的形式
on a voluntary basis, of course.
我明白 我不知道呢
I see, I didn’t know that.
我们一个月见一次面一起看电影 通常随后就是讨论
We meet once a month for a film, usually followed by a debate.
这样
Ah.
我必须说 一个美国作家要来作客舍浪的话
I must say, the arrival of an American writer in Cholong seems like
重温一些美国经典就最好不过了
the perfect opportunity to revisit some American classics,
我想起一部非常适合你的电影
and I thought of a film that would suit you wonderfully.
是什么?
What would that be?
文森特·明纳利的”漫漫长路”
Some Came Running by Vincente Minnelli.
听起来很熟 是辛纳屈的还是马丁院长的?
Yeah, that rings a bell. That’s the one with Sinatra or Dean Martin?
– 两者都有 – 关于什么的?
– Both. – What’s it about?
关于一个当过兵的作家 带着未完成的小说回家
A writer, who’s an army veteran, goes back home with an unfinished novel.
– 谁扮演作者? 弗兰克吗? – 对
– And who plays the writer? Frank? – Yeah.
先让我想想 我稍后回复你
Well, let me think that over, and I’ll get back to you.
非常感谢你 晚安 布雷克先生
Very gracious of you. Good night, Mr. Blake.
– 谢谢 好的 再见 – 谢谢
– Thank you, OK. Bye. – Thank you.
– 喂 费雷德 – 你是谁? 瘦的还是胖的?
– Hey, Fred. – Who’s this? Pluto or Goofy?
是迪·奇科 你说”让我想想”是什么意思?
It’s Di Cicco. What do you mean, “Let me think it over”?
我不跟蠢人说话 留言给斯坦 让他打电♥话♥给我
I don’t talk to dumbbells. Play the tape for Stan and let him call me.
你疯了吗?
You out of your mind?
斯坦 你让我融入社区 那就是我做的 我在试图融入
Stan, you told me to integrate, that’s what I did. I integrated.
他看起来是个不错的人 我也不想让他失望 成为不受欢迎的人
He seemed like a nice guy and I didn’t want to upset him and risk being unpopular.
“不受欢迎”? 谁他妈让你受人欢迎了?
“Unpopular”? Who the hell asked you to be popular?
“完整的” “慎重的” “不三不四的”
“Integrated,” “discreet,” “nondescript.”
你♥他♥妈♥跑到美国经典电影的
What the hell are you gonna be doing at a debate
座谈会上干什么?
on American movie classics anyway?
– 这只是… 作为一名作家… – 你不是个作家 弗雷德
– The subject just… as a writer… – You’re not a writer, Fred.
你以前还说我有我自己的风格
You even said I had a style all my own.
你只是个成功自救的混球
You’re just a mean son of a bitch who managed to save his own ass.
斯坦 我自救是因为我不想余生都像僵尸一样

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章源代码
下一篇文章云图
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!