没有可怕的事会发生
Anne is gonna be there. I’m gonna be there.
安妮和我都在那
Nothing awful is gonna happen.
不会有可怕的事
I’m still scared. -I know. It’s gonna be fine.
我仍然很害怕—我知道,没事的
You’re looking good. -You too.
你看来很帅 –也是
Just remember to breathe. -I gotta breathe.
紧记深呼吸 –我会的
Hey, look! Lydia, how you doing?
嗨 安妮 你在干什么?
Look. It’s Lydia Sinclair, our membership winner.
帕里 这是得奖者莉迪亚辛克
I know.
我知道
What have you fellas been up to?
你们决定要到哪里去?
Everything’s locked up. We thought we’d get some dinner.
我们提早打烊去吃晚餐
Say, anybody up for Chinese?
吃中国菜好吗?
Would you like to join us?
你也来吧?
No, thank you.
不用了,谢谢
Watch your nails. -I’d rather go home.
我要回家
Me too.
我也是
You still have to eat. -No, I’d like to–
来吧,你也要吃晚餐
Don’t blow this.
我还是想回去
What’d I tell you? It’s only dinner.
只是吃吨♥晚餐
Come on. You’re gonna do this.
帕里,你一定要去
You’ll have something to tell your mother.
来吧,总有藉口跟妈妈解释
You are coming!
你同意去!
Fine.
好极
What do you do?
你从事什么工作?
Well, I get to read the book sometimes.
我的工作需要看书
But mostly, I calculate production costs
但主要是生产成本
calculation costs
计算费用
from first-edition hardcover to, sorry, softcover.
由精♥装♥初版转做平装书的成本
And after softcover, it’s somebody else’s problem.
其余的工作由别人负责
Boy, that sounds real exciting.
听起来很有趣
Why does it sound exciting? It’s not exciting.
其实一点也不有趣
Why not?
为什么?
Your calculations determine whether a book is published or not.
你可决定一本书能否出版
You know, maybe it’s a book that changes the way people think or, you know, act.
它可能对世界影响深远
You know, maybe it’s a book that changes the way people think or, you know, act.
它可能对世界影响深远
Yeah, but what we publish is mostly trashy romance novels.
Don’t say that.
别这么说
There’s nothing trashy about romance.
浪漫怎会等同垃圾
In romance is passion.
浪漫是一种激♥情♥
There’s imagination. There’s beauty.
是一种幻想 一种美丽
Besides, you find some wonderful things in the trash.
垃圾堆中也可发现奇妙的东西
Besides, you find some wonderful things in the trash.
垃圾堆中也可发现奇妙的东西
Oh, dumplings.
饺子
I could eat all of these.
我可以吃掉所有这些
Would you like a dumpling?
你喜欢吃饺子吗?
Some tea? -Yes, please.
要茶吗?好,谢谢
There you go.
你请
Oh, boy.

Sorry.
抱歉
It’s hot.
很烫
Help her with that.
帮帮她
Excuse me.
抱歉
Excuse me.
抱歉
It’s contagious.
感染了你吗?
What do you think?
你有什么看法?
It’s good stuff, huh?
味道不错吧?
I think that they were made for each other.
他们简直是天造地设
Scary, but true.
很吓人,但却是真的
You got it?
你拿住了吗?
You got it?
你拿住了吗?
I got it. You got it.
我拿到了
Did you see her with the noodles?
你看到你怎么弄面条了吗?
She had a noodle hanging down her head!
你有看到她头上的面条吗?
I couldn’t believe it!
我真难相信!
Then they started in on the dumplings.
你们在桌上干起来了
Playing hockey with it on the table .
用筷子插上饺子打曲棍球
It was broccoli!
那是花椰菜!
No, it was a dumpling.
不,那是饺子
They were batting it around with chopsticks.
他们用筷子不断击球
Stop. I’m gonna lose it. -Wait, the burping–!
不要说了 我快笑死了
Yo, Lydia!
哟 莉迪亚
Watch out!
小心
Tell me more about yourself. I’d like to know everything.
告诉我一些有关你的事
There’s nothing more to tell.
没什么值得说
Oh, don’t say that.
怎么会呢
No, that’s it. -It’s enough for me.
就只有这些而已 对我足够
I think she went for him. -I know.
她定会喜欢他
I can’t believe I did it.
不敢相信我竟做了这种好事
What?
什么?
It’s Latin.
这是拉丁语
It means “love conquers all.”
意思是:爱能征服一切
I don’t mean us.
我不是指我们
I mean everybody else.
而是其他人
Do you think it’ll work out? -Who knows? Who knows?
爱真的可以解决所有问题?
Two people could be across from each other and never find each other.
无缘对面不相逢
Two others could be on opposite sides of the world and nothing could keep them apart.
有缘千里能相会
Two others could be on opposite sides of the world and nothing could keep them apart.
有缘千里能相会.
Who knows?
缘分这种事 谁知道?
The thing is, if a thing is meant to happen–
如果真是如此
What?
怎么了?
Nothing. Go on.
没什么,上去吧
Wait a minute.
等一会儿
You must be very proud of yourself.
你一定为自己而骄傲
You did a great thing for somebody tonight.
今晚你为帕里做了一件好事
I was very proud to be with you tonight.
能和你一起帮助他我很高兴
You were great.
你也表现出色
Thank you.
谢谢你
You’re welcome.
不用客气
Steamed dumplings!
蒸饺子
Moo Shu pork!
无锡排骨!
You don’t have to say that.
你不需要说这种话
I never say anything I have to.
我没说什么
No, I mean you don’t have to say nice things to me.
你不需说一些恭维的话
It’s old-fashioned, considering what we’re about to do.
我们这样做,看来有点奇怪
What are we about to do? -You’re walking me home.
我们在做什么? -你在送我回家
I think you’re a little attracted to me.
我觉得我有点喜欢你
And you’ll probably want to come upstairs for some coffee.
或许你想上楼喝点咖啡
I don’t drink coffee.
我不喝咖啡
Then we’ll probably have a drink.
或许我们可以喝点东西
And talk and get to know each other
然后开怀地聊天,认识对方
a little better, get comfortable.
这样会舒服些
And then you’ll .
然后你会
You’ll sleep over.
你会在我家睡过头
And in the morning, you’ll awake and you’ll be distant.
早上醒来便要匆匆离开
And in the morning, you’ll awake and you’ll be distant.
早上醒来便要匆匆离开
And you won’t be able to stay for breakfast.
不吃早餐
Maybe just a cup of coffee.
只喝一杯咖啡
I don’t drink coffee.
我不喝咖啡
And then
然后 ..
we’ll exchange phone numbers.
.我们彼此交换电♥话♥号♥码
And you’ll leave
然后你离开
and never call.
永远不再打电♥话♥来
And I’ll go to work and I’ll feel so good
上班时,最初也满有期待
for the first hour, and then
然后 .
ever so slowly, I’ll turn into a piece of dirt.
渐渐便会急躁起来
I don’t know why I’m putting myself through this.
我也不知道为何要这样想
It was really nice to meet you.
真的很高兴认识你
Good night.
晚安!
Good night.
晚安!
Excuse me! Wait, just–
不好意思,请等一下
Sorry. Wait one minute.
对不起,请等一下

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!