在我小时候,蒂克尔黑德是个令人骄傲的渔港
When I was a boy, Tickle Head was a proud fishing harbour.
那时候,蒂克尔黑德的人
Back then, people from Tickle Head
都很强壮,有尊严,也很勇敢
were strong, dignified, brave.
他们的生活充满目标
Their days were filled with purpose.
这种生活绝对不适合
By no means was this life for the faint at heart,
胆小,懦弱,懒惰的人
for the weak or the lazy.
回顾往昔,我可以说
But as I look back now, I can truly say…
生活真美好
life was a thing of beauty.
我父亲每天工作14个小时
My father would labour 14 hours a day
直到手擦伤为止
till his hands were raw,
冒着生命危险与无情的大海作斗争
risking life and limb, fighting the merciless sea,
只为养家糊口
all to put food on the table,
让我们有房♥子可以住
a roof over our heads,
有炉子可以取暖
warmth in our stove.
到了晚上,父亲总是洋溢着自豪
At day’s end, my father glowed with pride
因为他知道,在内心深处,他赢了
because he knew, deep down, he’d earned it.
他赢得了生活中珍贵而又美好的时刻
He earned every precious, beautiful moment life gave back to him.
因为他知道他的辛勤劳作是值得的
‘Cause he knew his hard work made him worthy,
得到盘里的鳕鱼,皮肤上的咸味
worthy of the cod on his plate, the smell of the salt on his skin,
得到天上的繁星
worthy of the stars in the sky.
哦,欧内斯特
Oh, Ernest!
爱丽丝
Alice!
整个小渔港都值得获得幸福
The whole harbour was worthy of every consequence of happiness.
甚至有些人认为他们比其他人更有价值
There were even some who believed they were more worthy than others.
真正的幸福
True happiness.
默里,不要逗猫了
Murray, stop buggin’ the cat.
早上好,安妮 -你好吗?
Mornin’, Anne. – Hey, how’s it going?
早上好,赛米 -谢谢
Mornin’, Sammy. – Thanks.
早安,斯兹
Mornin’, Seez.
你好,弗兰基
Heya, Frankie.
给你,亲爱的
There you are, my love.
谢谢,凯丝
Thanks, Kath.
早上好,默里
Mornin’, Murray.
谢谢,佩利先生让我帮他领救济金支票
Thank you, and Mr. Pelley asked me to pick up his welfare cheque.
给你
There you go.
谢谢 -祝你愉快
Thank you. – Have a good one.
回头见 -早安,乔
Catch you later. – Mornin’, Joe.
谢谢,很好
Thank you. Wonderful.
给你,祝你愉快
There you go. Have a nice day,
别忘了镇民大会,好吗?
and don’t forget the town meeting, okay?
谢谢,亨利 -下一位
Thanks, Henry. – Next.
这是我的支票,这是佩利先生的支票
This is my cheque, and this is Mr. Pelley’s cheque.
默里,我们已经讨论过这个了
Murray, now, we’ve been through this.
我已经跟你解释过
I’ve explained this to you…
我们每个月都讨论过
We go through this every month.
我会丢掉工作的 -你不会丢掉工作的
I could lose my job. – You will not lose your job.
这是佩利先生的委托书
You have seen Mr. Pelley’s power of attorney.
这是骗人的
It’s fraudulent!
这是完全合法的 -这是违法的
This is totally legal. – This is illegal!
谢谢
Thanks.
别忘了镇民大会,下一位
And don’t forget the town meeting, okay? Next.
我哥哥打来电♥话♥ -是吗?
My brother called. – Oh yeah?
他过得怎么样?-很好
How’s he doing? – Good.
圣约翰有工作可以做
There’s a job available in St. John’s.
当然,你更喜欢待在这里
Of course! You prefer to stay here.
这是我们的家
This is our home.
默里,你更喜欢待在这里
You prefer to stay here
过着小偷一样的生活
and live like thieves, Murray.
小偷?-你从有线电视公♥司♥偷东西!
Thieves? – You steal from the cable company!
你装配了我们的电箱 -那不是故意的
You rigged up our electrical box! – That wasn’t on purpose.
你卖♥♥了在鲱网中捕到的鲑鱼
You sell the salmon you catch in your herring nets
而且你每个月依旧非法兑现第二份救济金支票
and you’re still cashing that second illegal welfare cheque every month.
非法?
Illegal?
这是委托书,白纸黑字的写着
This is a power of attorney. It is written in black and white.
领♥取♥并存放佩利先生的救济金支票
It is my duty and moral obligation
是我的义务和道义上的责任
to pick up and to deposit Mr. Pelley’s welfare cheque.
是佩利先生自己写的这份详细的委托书
It is Mr. Pelley himself who wrote this particular power of attorney.
这是他给我的使命
Mr. Pelley has given me a mission.
佩利先生已经死了
Mr. Pelley’s dead.
政♥府♥不知道
Not in the government registry.
在政♥府♥知道佩利先生死了之前
Until Mr. Pelley is dead everywhere,
我就得履行我的职责
I have a moral duty.
默里,为什么总是由你来决定?
Murray, why does this always have to be your decision?
因为工作的人是我!
‘Cause I’d be the one who’d be workin’!
默里,这个工作是给我的
This job is for me, Murray.
我才是工作的人
I’d be the one who’d be workin’.
默里 -要开镇民大会了
Murray… – It’s the town meeting.
默里
Murray…
我要跟我哥哥怎么说?
What am I gonna tell my brother?
默里!
Murray!
人都在哪儿呢?-堵在路上了
Where is everyone? – Stuck in traffic.
默里?
Murray?
默里,真是意外啊
Murray? This is quite the surprise.
去你的
Shag off.

All right.
现在,这家公♥司♥仍然在考虑我们对工厂的提案
Now, the company is still considering our proposal for the factory.
所以我提出完全免税来促成这笔交易
So I offered them a full tax exemption to sweeten the deal.
免税?
Uh… tax exemption?
你为什么要给他们完全免税?
Why would you give them a full tax exemption?
比安妮港少2%可以诱惑他们
I mean, 2% less than Port Anne would’ve enticed them.
诱惑他们?诱惑他们?
Enticed them? Enticed them?
亨利,我不想诱惑他们,我想蒙蔽他们!
Henry, I didn’t want to entice them, I wanted to blind them!
这样他们就不会注意到我们投标中的漏洞
I wanted to blind them so they wouldn’t notice the gaping holes in our bid.
好吧,但是完全免税?
Yeah but a full tax exemption?
但是那不是问题,因为…
But that’s not the problem anyway, ’cause…
但是,持续多久?-永远,亨利
But for how many years? – Forever, Henry, forever.
因为真正的问题是… -但是,我…
‘Cause the real problem is… – But I…
永远,我提出的是永远完全免税
Forever! I offered them full tax exemption forever
再附上你女儿的贞操
and I threw in your daughter’s virginity.
你该死的说什么呢?
What the hell are you talkin’ about?
亨利,汤姆开玩笑呢
Oh, Henry, Tom is pulling your leg.
所有人都知道露西的贞操早就没了
Everyone knows Lucy gave that away long ago.
免税和他女儿的贞操都不是重点
Look, the tax exemption and his daughter’s virginity are irrelevant.
为什么?
Why?
公♥司♥保险要求镇上要有一名常驻医生
The company insurance requires that the town have a resident doctor.
没有医生,就没有工厂
No doctor, no factory.
那为什么不找个医生
So why don’t… Let’s just get a doctor.
默里,我们该死的已经找了八年了!
We’ve been looking for eight friggin’ years, Murray!
那就不要找了,试着去发现
Well, let’s stop lookin’ and start findin’!
你是我们镇长,没错吧,你就是那个人
You’re our mayor, right? You’re “the” guy.
我知道你可以做到的!
I know you can do this!
你说过你会做到,你也将做到!
You said you would and you will!
芭布要去城里做什么?
What would Barb be doin’ in town?
她不会去城里的
She won’t be going to town.
但是,如果她去了呢
Well, if she goes, though.
如果她走了,那你算什么?
If she goes, where will it leave you?
你什么意思?-她要去工作了
What do you mean? – Well, she’ll be working.
那你算什么?你的角色是什么?
Where will that leave you? What will be your role?
我觉得你会成为新家庭妇男
You’ll become the new little missus, I guess.
你会去购物
I guess you’ll be shopping
做饭,洗衣,八卦
and doing the cooking, laundry and the gossiping.
她们有时候喜欢一起做工艺品
They… they sometimes like to do arts and crafts together.
她们会练习瑜伽
They do yoga sessions.
天啊,你会爱上瑜伽的,伙计
Oh my God, you’ll love yoga, boy.
还可以保持好的体型
Great for the posture.
从性别角度看,她会成为新的老大
She’ll be the new boss, in a sexual perspective now.
以后谁来开车呢?
Who’ll be doing the driving?
她不会去城里的
She won’t be goin’ to town. Come on, now! Another tune!
永别了,亲爱的
Farewell darling
不要为我感到忧伤
And don’t you grieve for me…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!