我在外面 格罗斯太太
I’m out here, Mrs Grose.
-有你的信 小姐 -谢谢
-There’s some letters for you, miss. -Oh, thank you.
-我能帮你读信吗 -好的 如果你愿意
-Oh, please can I help you read them? -Yes, if you like.
-先读哪封 -该怎么说呢
-Which first? -Now, how can I tell?
-那我来选 -好的
-Then I shall choose. -All right.
-给 -这封是我姐姐的
-Here. -This one’s from my sister.
看 亲爱的
Oh, look, dear,
这是我和我家人的合照
here’s a picture of me and my family together.
-我在里面吗 -你怎么会在呢 这是我的全家福
-Am I in it? -How could you be? It’s of my family.
-现在 读这一封 -伦敦寄来的
-Now this one. -It’s from London.
-是我叔叔的信吗 -是的 我想是的
-Is it from my uncle? -Yes, I think it is.
你看起来很高兴
You do look pleased.
-他要来看我们吗 -不是 亲爱的
-Is he coming to see us? -No, dear.
他从迈尔斯的学校寄给我的
He’s sent me a letter from Miles’ school.
-弗洛拉 -什么事 亲爱的吉登斯小姐
-Flora. -Yes, Miss Giddens, dear?
你昨天晚上不是说迈尔斯要回家吗
Didn’t you say last night that Miles was coming home?
看 一只可爱的蜘蛛
Oh, look, it’s a lovely spider
在吃蝴蝶呢
and it’s eating a butterfly.
格罗斯太太
Mrs Grose.
有一封信 是他们的叔叔没拆封就转寄过来的
Here’s a letter their uncle has forwarded without opening.
从迈尔斯的学校寄来的
It’s from Miles’ school.
他只是在信封上写着 “我夏天去意大利”
He just wrote on the envelope, “I’m off to Italy for the summer.”
“是迈尔斯的校长寄来的 你自己处理 别烦我”
“This is from Miles’ headmaster. Deal with it. Don’t bother me.”
-这就是他的办事方式 小姐 -但我怎么处理
-That’s just his way, miss. -But how am I to deal with it?
迈尔斯被学校开除了
Miles has been dismissed from school.
-开除 -遣返回家
-Dismissed? -Sent home.
开除
Expelled.
他做了什么 校长说什么
What has he done? What do the gentlemen say?
他们说的不是很详细 他们简单地说…
Oh, they go into no detail. They simply say…
给 看看
Here, read it.
你自己看看
Read it for yourself.
这没用 小姐 我不识字
It’s no good, miss. I never learned.
对不起 我不知道
Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize.
他们只是说不能够再留下他了
They say that it is impossible to keep him.
为什么
Why?
他会…伤害其他人
That he is… an injury to the others.
迈尔斯少爷 他会伤害别人
Master Miles? Him an injury?
胡说八道
Oh, stuff and nonsense!
你一定也认为弗洛拉小姐也会这样
You might as well think ill of Miss Flora, bless her.
你从不知道他是个坏孩子
You’ve never known him to be bad?
我不会那样说
Oh, I wouldn’t say that.
你是说 你喜欢一个精力充沛的孩子
You mean you like a boy with spirit?
我也是 但是还不到接受…污染的程度
Well, so do I, but not to the degree to… contaminate.
什么
What?
被腐化
To corrupt.
迈尔斯少爷
Master Miles?
小姐 你害伯他会带坏你
Oh, miss, are you afraid he’ll corrupt you?
迈尔斯回来了 迈尔斯回来了 迈尔斯回来了
Miles is coming! Miles is coming! Miles is coming!
布莱 布莱站到了
Bly! Bly station!
迈尔斯 迈尔斯
Miles! Miles!
迈尔斯
Miles!
-你就是吉登斯小姐吧 -是的
-You’re Miss Giddens, aren’t you? -Yes.
你好吗
How do you do?
谢谢你 迈尔斯
Oh, thank you, Miles.
她是我们的新老师 迈尔斯 她人很好
She’s our new governess, Miles, and she’s awfully nice.
我希望迈尔斯会认同
I hope Miles will agree.
来吧
Come.
没什么改变
Nothing’s changed.
噢 我一直期待这些假期
Oh, I’ve been longing for these holidays.
假期
Holidays?
我一直想念布莱 格罗斯太太 弗洛拉
Longing to see Bly and Mrs Grose and Flora.
还有你 弗洛拉写信告诉我你来了
And you. Flora wrote and told me you were coming.
你这学期在学校过得怎么样
Did you have a good term at school?
看 迈尔斯 到湖这里了
Look, Miles, there’s the lake!
你回来太好了
Oh, it is nice to be back!
我希望你不会觉得孤独
I hope you won’t be lonely.
只有弗洛拉 格罗斯太太 还有我陪你
With just Flora and Mrs Grose and me.
你在学校开心吗
Were you happy at school?
我可以告诉你一些事吗
May I tell you something?
可以 迈尔斯 当然
Yes, Miles, of course.
我觉得你当家庭教师漂亮得过分了
I think you’re far too pretty to be a governess.
我觉得你当滑头的马屁精还太小了
And I think you’re far too young to be such a deceitful flatterer!
亲爱的格罗斯太太
Dearest Mrs Grose!
-你回来太好了 -停一停 停一停
-It is nice to be home. -Stop, stop!
-我喘不过气了 -过来
-You’ll have me out of breath. -Come along.
这里一点也没有变
It’s all just the same.
不知道为什么 我很怕这里会有所改变
Somehow, I don’t know, I was afraid it might be different.
这里没有任何改变 迈尔斯少爷
Oh, nothing ever changes here, Master Miles.
你看起来瘦了 我们会让你胖起来
You look a bit thin, though. We’ll have to fatten you up.
迈尔斯 你还没有看看小马
Miles, you haven’t seen the pony.
-我们可以去吗 -好的 当然可以
-May we? -Yes, of course.
来吧
Come on!
-怎么了 小姐 -就像你说的那样
-Well, miss? -Oh, it’s just as you said.
这一家子都魅力无穷
Charm seems to run in the family.
那封冷酷的信呢
And that cruel letter?
肯定是个误会 哪里弄错了
It must be a misunderstanding, a mistake.
是的 哪里弄错了
Yes, a mistake.
那么 你要对迈尔斯少爷说什么
So, what will you say to Master Miles?
我稍后免不了会和他谈 但不是现在
I shall have it out with him later on. That can’t be avoided. But not now.
我不想用愚蠢的说教行为
I’m not going to spoil his homecoming
破坏他回家的兴致
because of some silly old schoolteacher.
好的 小姐
Yes, miss.
我很庆幸没有遇到什么麻烦
Oh, I’m so thankful we’re not to have trouble.
亲爱的格罗斯太太 你多会安慰人
Dear Mrs Grose, what a comfort you are.
你怎么不进来 吉登斯小姐
Why don’t you come in, Miss Giddens?
你怎么知道我在那儿
How did you know I was there?
这是座老房♥子 有”吱吱”的响声
This is a very old house. Things creak.
再说 我看到门缝下蜡烛的光亮
And anyway, I saw the light from your candle under the door.
-你该睡觉了 -我太兴奋了
-You should be asleep. -I’m much too excited.
-兴奋 -因为回到了家 见到了弗洛拉
-Excited? -By being home, by seeing Flora.
还有见到了你
By meeting you.
再说 我喜欢躺着不睡觉
Besides, I like to lie awake.
-这可是个坏习惯 迈尔斯 -是吗
-That’s a very bad habit, Miles. -Is it?
是的
Yes.
你躺在那里不睡觉 想什么呢
What do you think about while you’re lying awake?
完全不同的事情
Oh, a world of different things.
那今天晚上
And tonight,
你是不是在想学校的事呢
were you perhaps thinking about school?
没有 那些好像离我很遥远了
Oh, no, all that seems very far away.
迈尔斯…
Miles…
你知不知道 你再也不能回去了
you do know that you will not be allowed to go back?
你知道对孩子来说
You realize that it is a very serious matter
被学校开除是很严重的吗
for a boy to be expelled from school?
我很难想像你叔叔会说什么
I can’t think what your uncle will say.
你想不到 我可以
Can’t you? I can.
他会说 “别烦我 我很忙”
He’ll say, “Don’t bother me, I’m too busy.”
-迈尔斯 不是这样的 -不是吗
-Miles, that’s not true! -Isn’t it?
你见过他了 对不对 那你一定知道他是个怎样的人
You’ve met him, haven’t you? You know what he’s like.
他不在乎我 或者弗洛拉
He doesn’t care about me or Flora.
他不在乎我们发生什么事
He doesn’t care what happens to us.
迈尔斯 亲爱的 你别这么想
Miles, dear, you mustn’t believe that.
你叔叔他…
Your uncle has…
我知道 他有…许多事情
Well, he has… a great many responsibilities
但是又没有足够的时间…
and not enough time…
浪费在我们身上
to waste any on us.
我理解
I understand.
虽然有一点悲伤
It’s a bit sad, though,
别人没时间陪你们
when people don’t have time for you.
我有 迈尔斯
Oh, I have, Miles.
我有时间
I have time.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章牧羊女大冒险
下一篇文章骄傲
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!