我们躺着 我和我的爱人
We lay, my love and I
在垂柳下
Beneath the weeping willow
但现在只有我一人
But now alone I lie
在柳树旁哭泣
And weep beside the tree
唱着”噢 柳树”
Singing “O, willow waly”
在陪我哭泣的柳树旁
By the tree that weeps with me
唱着”噢 柳树”
Singing “O, willow waly”
直到我的爱人回到我身边
Till my lover returns to me
我们躺着 我和我的爱人
we lay, my love and I
在垂柳下
Beneath the weeping willow
但现在只有我一人
But now alone I lie
哦 柳树 我要死去
O willow, I die
哦 柳树 我要死去
O willow, I die
我想做的只是保护孩子们
All I want to do is save the children,
不是伤害他们
not destroy them.
对我来说 最重要的就是孩子
More than anything, I love children.
胜过任何事
More than anything.
他们需要关怀
They need affection,
爱…
love…
需要属于他们的人
someone who will belong to them,
也需要他们属于的人
and to whom they will belong.
吉登斯小姐 我可以问你一个有点私人的问题吗
Miss Giddens. May I ask you a somewhat personal question?
你有想像力吗
Do you have an imagination?
噢 是的 我可以回答
Oh, yes, I can answer that.
-是的 -很好
-Yes. -Good.
事实很难被理解 除非是想像力丰富的人
Truth is very seldom understood by any but imaginative persons
而我想要说实话
and I want to be quite truthful.
我是个单身汉 但是 我得多说一句 并不是独身
I’m a bachelor. But not, I might add, a lonely one.
很多时间我都在外国
I spend a great deal of time abroad.
至于我的伦敦生活 让我很愉快
As for my London life, well, it amuses me,
但是这种生活并不适合孩子们
but it’s not the sort of amusement that one could suitably share with children.
简单地说 吉登斯小姐 我是个很自私的人
In brief, Miss Giddens, I am a very selfish fellow
最不想这样突然间很尴尬地要承担责任
and the last man alive to be saddled so suddenly and so awkwardly
看护两个孤儿
with two orphaned infants.
这真是不幸 我没有空间给他们
It’s most unfortunate. For I have no room for them,
不管是精神上还是感情上的
neither mentally nor emotionally.
是不是很无情
Does that seem quite heartless?
这是诚实 而不是残忍♥
Honest, but not heartless.
那么 孩子们没有和你一起住
Then the children do not live with you?
没有 他们住在我布莱的庄园里
No, they are at my country estate in Bly,
一个相当大而偏僻的地方
a rather large, rather lonely place.
我想你也会同意乡村对于孩子来说很合适
I’m sure you’ll agree the country seems the proper thing for children.
你的信上也提到你自己就是个农夫的女儿
I see from your letter that you are yourself the daughter of a country parson.
哦 是的 在这儿
Oh, yes, here it is.
“我喜爱孩子 胜过一切”
“More than anything, I love children.”
-是的 -多么崇高
-Yes. -How remarkable.
这几年来 小迈尔斯和弗洛拉…
For several years now, little Miles and Flora…
很迷人的名字 你觉得呢
Charming names, don’t you think?
只有我
Have had only me.
哦 可怜的孩子 他们需要的不只是一个远方叔叔
Well, poor brats. They need more than a distant uncle.
他们还需要一个家庭教师
They need more than a governess.
他们需要关怀和爱
They need affection and love,
他们还需要相互拥有的人
and someone to whom they can belong and who will belong to them.
就是你 吉登斯小姐 我觉得你正是人选
You, Miss Giddens. I feel that you are that person.
先生 你…
Sir, you…
你意识到这是我第一份工作了吗
you do realize that this would be my first position?
这有什么 只要我相信你 只要你相信我…
What does that signify? If I trust you, if you trust me…
你知道 吉登斯小姐 我雇佣的人
You see, Miss Giddens, the person whom I engage
必须庄重的许诺她能够承担全部的责任
must solemnly promise to accept full and complete responsibility.
她绝对不会麻烦我
She must never trouble me.
绝对不
Never. Never.
绝对没有抱怨 没有申诉 也没有信
Neither complain nor appeal nor write.
只是接管所有的事…
Simply take the whole thing over and…
别麻烦我
leave me alone.
你说什么 吉登斯小姐
What do you say, Miss Giddens?
孩子们 嗯…
The children…
-他们以前有过家庭教师吗 -很不幸
-Have they had a governess before? -Unfortunately.
杰茜尔小姐人很好
There was nothing wrong with Miss Jessel,
优秀的教师 可敬的女人
an excellent governess and a respectable woman.
孩子们很喜欢她 特别是小弗洛拉
The children quite liked her, especially little Flora.
哦 想起来了
Oh, which reminds me,
小心 别和弗洛拉谈论这个话题
be careful not to broach that subject to Flora.
她很喜欢杰茜尔小姐…
She was so fond of Miss Jessel and…
这对她来说是个可怕的打击
it did come as an appalling shock.
我不太明白您的意思 先生
I’m not certain that I understand you, sir.
她死了
She died.
就在我觉得情况稳定下来
Just when I thought I’d got the whole situation settled
一切顺利的时候…
and everything running smoothly…
那个讨厌的女人死了
the confounded woman died.
非常怪异
It was all very odd.
事发时我正在加尔各答
I was in Calcutta when it happened
我只能到现在才找个人代替她
and I’ve only now been able to seek a replacement.
同时 我侄子要送去学校
Meantime, my nephew had to be sent off to school
小弗洛拉就让我的管家
and the little girl, Flora,
格罗斯太太看着她
is being chaperoned by my housekeeper, Mrs Grose.
帮帮我 吉登斯小姐 我真的很无助
Help me, Miss Giddens, for truly I am helpless.
帮帮我
Give me your hand.
答应我吧
Give me your promise.
好吧 先生
Well, sir,
你真的确定
if you are really sure?
我很肯定 也很感激
Quite sure and very grateful.
只是 你记住 你拥有最高权力
Only, remember, you’re in supreme authority.
无论发生什么事 你都要自己解决
Whatever happens, you must handle it alone.
好的 我会尽力
Yes, I’ll try.
我答应你
I promise you that.
我会尽力让孩子们开心
I’ll do everything I can to keep the children happy.
噢 停下来 请停下来
Oh, stop! Please stop!
-吁 -如果你不介意 我想从这儿步行
-Whoa there! -If you don’t mind, I’d like to walk from here.
随你的意 小姐
As you wish, miss. Whoa!
谢谢
Thank you.
弗洛拉
Flora!
弗洛拉
Flora!
弗洛拉
Flora!
你没有听到 有人叫你吗
Didn’t you hear? Someone is calling your name.
没有 我没听见有人叫我
No, I don’t think so. I didn’t hear anyone.
你叫弗洛拉 对吗
Isn’t your name, Flora?
我是吉登斯
I’m Miss Giddens.
是的 我知道 你是我的新家庭教师
Yes, I know. You’re my new governess.
我一直在这里等着你
I’ve been watching the road waiting for you.
你害伯爬行动物吗
Are you afraid of reptiles?
哦 那要看是什么了 怎么了
Oh, that rather depends. Why?
我口袋里就有一只 它很想见你
Because I’ve got one in my pocket and he’s very eager to meet you.
那样的话 无论如何也要见见
Well, in that case, by all means.
它叫鲁珀特
His name is Rupert.
-一只乌龟 -我们彼此喜欢
-Oh, a tortoise. -We love each other.
是的 我能看出来你们很亲密
Yes, I can see that you’re very close.
非常亲近
Very.
喂 你见过吉登斯小姐了
There, now you’ve met Miss Giddens.
还不只鲁珀特一个
But Rupert isn’t the only one.
从收到叔叔的信以来
I mean, ever since my uncle wrote,
我们大家一直都盼着你
we’ve all been waiting and waiting for you to come.
我们很兴奋
Oh, we have been excited.
我也是 我真的很兴奋
So have I. I’ve been very excited indeed.
你可没有我们那么高兴 也没格罗斯太太兴奋
Not as excited as we have. And not as excited as Mrs Grose.
她打扫了又打扫 擦了所有的窗户
She’s cleaned and cleaned. All the windows are washed.
想想…可有134扇窗户
Just imagine… 134 windows.
-全都为了我 -是的 我也帮助了
-All that for me? -Yes. And I helped.
我们在一起一定会很愉快的 对吧
Oh, we will have fun together, won’t we?
是的 我们会的 亲爱的
Yes, we will, dear.
格罗斯太太 她来了 她来了 她不害怕爬行动物
Mrs Grose, she’s here, she’s here! And she isn’t afraid of reptiles.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章牧羊女大冒险
下一篇文章骄傲
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!