格罗斯太太…
Mrs Grose…
来 孩子
Come on, child.
过来
Come along.
我喜欢火苗这样 你不喜欢吗
I like it when the fire does that. Don’t you?
嘘 我的宝贝 安娜会和你一起
Hush, my love. Anna will stay with you.
我从没遇到过这等事 太古怪了
I’ve never known the equal, never. It’s beyond nature.
现在你看到后 相信我了吗
Now do you believe me, now you’ve seen?
我听见了 在我有生之年
Now that I’ve heard. In all my years,
是听过些下流话 但从没这么猥亵过
and I’ve known a vile tongue or two, never have I heard such obscenities.
你高兴了吗
That pleases you?
不 当然不 但这证明我是对的 这就是证据
No, of course not. But it justifies me. It’s proof.
或许是的 但是听到小孩说这样的脏话
Perhaps it is, but to hear such filth from a child’s mouth.
我不知道她从那里学来的
I don’t know where she could have learned such language.
-我知道 -我从未听她说脏话
-I know. -I’ve never heard her speak like it before,
在你来之前从没有
never, till you came.
你看见谁教她的 你看见那个女人了
You saw who taught her. You saw that woman.
我知道我看见什么
I know what I saw.
她提起过杰茜尔小姐没
Has she mentioned it? Mentioned Miss Jessel?
-只是说那里没有人 -你假装相信她
-Only to say there was no-one there. -And you pretended to believe her?
我不必假装
I didn’t have to pretend.
你怎么可以这样说
Well, how can you say that?
好像你…你完全无辜的
As though you… you, too, were a complete innocent?
你住在这里 你认识他们两个
Well, you lived here, you knew those two.
你认识他们 也知道他们怎么影响孩子
You knew them and what sort of influence they were on the children.
你害怕了 我到这里的时候 你还很害怕
It frightened you. When I came here, you were still frightened.
你就是这样的 我感觉到了 为什么
Oh, you were! I sensed it. And why?
因为你感觉他们没死
Because you felt they weren’t really dead!
现在 尽管如此 你却针对我 你责备我
And now, despite all that, you turn on me. You blame me.
你难道不知道我只是想救孩子们而不是伤害他们吗
All I want is to save the children, not destroy them. Don’t you know that?
我所知道的是 弗洛拉一直天真
All I know is, Flora was a sweet,
可爱 幸福 直到你让她面对…
innocent child, a happy child, until you made her face that…
-那个女人 -那个…
-That woman. Say it! -That…
可怕的回忆
bad memory!
这样或许能救她
It may have been the saving of her.
你必须带她到她叔叔那里去
But you must take her to her uncle.
你们两个明天必须走
You must both go away tomorrow.
离开我 离开他们 所有仆人都得走
Away from me, away from them, the servants, everyone must go.
让你一个人留在这里
Leave you here all alone?
除了迈尔斯
Except for Miles.
我们今天下午在一起
We were together this afternoon,
坐在火炉前
sitting in front of the fire.
他什么也没说
He didn’t say anything.
但是他想说
But he wanted to.
就像个钟摆
It was like a pendulum.
我能感觉到它在按我的方式摇摆
And I could feel it swinging my way,
慢慢的 慢慢的
slowly, slowly.
是的 他想说出他的秘密 让我帮助他
Oh, yes, he wanted to reveal himself and ask for my help.
我们必须给他机会
And we must give him that chance.
你还不明白吗
Don’t you understand that?
经过今天 我不知是否了解你所做的一切
After today, I doubt I shall ever understand you.
那太残忍♥了 如果你计划另一件残忍♥的事…
It was a cruel thing. And if you’re planning another cruelty…
把孩子们从噩梦中叫醒是残忍♥的吗
To wake a child out of a bad dream, is that a cruelty?
如果你到我的年纪
If you were my age,
照顾过像我一样多的孩子
and had cared for as many children as I have,
你会明白 把孩子从梦中叫醒 比做噩梦还要糟糕
you’d know that waking a child can sometimes be worse than any bad dream.
-不 -这是个打击
-No. -It’s the shock.
-然后 忽然被剥离 -不
-And then being suddenly deprived. -No.
不 你错了 你在胡说八道
No, you’re wrong. You’re talking nonsense!
随你说 小姐
As you say, miss.
你和弗洛拉明天走
You and Flora will leave tomorrow.
这是我的决定 我会遣散仆人
It is my decision. I shall send the servants away.
他让我全权负责 格罗斯太太
He put me in charge, in sole charge, Mrs Grose.
明天 我要一个人呆在这儿 和迈尔斯一起
Tomorrow, I must be alone here. With Miles.
小姐 我对他们的叔叔说什么呢
Miss! May I ask what I’m to tell their uncle?
真♥相♥
The truth.
真♥相♥
The truth?
是的 小姐
Yes, miss.
谢谢你
Thank you.
格罗斯太太 你拿了我的信吗
Mrs Grose, have you got my letter?
-什么信 小姐 -写给他们叔叔的 放在桌子上的
-What letter, miss? -To their uncle. I left it on the desk.
哦 我没有碰过 小姐
I haven’t touched it, miss.
那么 是谁拿走…
Well, I wonder who…
一定是迈尔斯
Oh, of course. Miles.
-你说他偷东西 -怎么了
-You’re accusing him of stealing? -Well, what matter?
只是我们独处时多了个谈资
It’s just one thing more for us to talk about when we’re alone.
-迈尔斯少爷在哪儿 -他今天一早出去了
-Where is Master Miles? -He went out early this morning.
我会等他的
But I shall wait for him.
他会回来的
He’ll come to me.
那么 我想我和弗洛拉小姐该上路了
Well, I… I suppose Miss Flora and I had best be on our way.
代我问她好
Give her my love
等她好一点时
when she’s better.
那么 格罗斯太太 请吧
And, Mrs Grose, please,
等你再见到迈尔斯的时候
wait till you see Miles again
再给我下判断
before you judge me.
我不会批判你的 小姐
I can’t judge you, miss.
一个人只能自我批判
A body can only judge themselves.
愿主与你同在 小姐
May God be with you, miss!
哦 你在这里
So, here you are.
我们就在这里喝茶吗
I say! Are we having tea in here?
-是的 迈尔斯 -真是个华丽且成年人式的地方
-Yes, Miles. -How very grand and grown-up.
现在 我们该以成年人的方式好好谈谈了
Yes, and we can talk together now, like adults.
一切十分美好
Jolly nice, I call it.
我觉得自己就是这座房♥子的主人
I feel quite the master of the house.
仆人们哪里去了
Where are the servants?
他们都回家了
They’ve gone home.
哦 是你遣散了他们 还是他们自己逃跑了
Oh, did you send them? Or did they take fright and run away?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
哦 你在害怕了 或许他们也跟你一样
Well, you’re afraid. And perhaps you made them so.
怕什么 我是说假设如你所说
And of what, assuming you are right,
你说我在害怕什么 迈尔斯
of what am I afraid, Miles?
亲爱的 我又不会读心术 我以前就告诉过你的
I’m not a mind reader, my dear. I’ve told you that before.
但是我确实感觉到一些东西
But I do sense things.
别担心 这座房♥子里有个可靠的人
Don’t worry, there’s a man in the house.
-你说这里吗 -是的 就是我
-Is there? -Yes. Me.
就是会保护你
I’ll protect you.
这真好玩
I say, it is fun.
我们已经得到了整座屋子
We’ve got the whole house to ourselves.
大概是吧 但还有其他的
More or less. There are still the others.
可怜的弗洛拉 她病的很糟糕吗
Poor Flora. Is she awfully ill?
我是说 病很重吗
I mean, is it serious?
她去过医院吗
Has she gone to hospital?
没有 她刚到伦敦
No, just to London.
我猜布莱绝对不会认同她
I think Bly didn’t agree with her any more.
-这座房♥子扰乱了她 -突然间
-This house upset her. -Suddenly?
哦 不 我看是渐渐的
Oh, no, I’d seen it coming on.
你看到了 那么 为什么我没看到
Did you? Then why didn’t I?
我爱弗洛拉 我甚至比她自己还了解自己
I love Flora. And I know what she feels before she feels it herself.
她爱这栋房♥子
She loved this house.
她在这里很快乐
She was as happy here
就跟我一样
as happy as I am.
-是吗 -什么
-Are you? -What?
像你说的那么快乐
So very happy?
是这样吗 迈尔斯
Are you, Miles?
抱歉
If you’ll excuse me.
迈尔斯 你还没…
Miles. You haven’t…
可怜的弗洛拉 她肯定是混乱到忘记鲁珀特了
Poor Flora. She must have been upset to have forgotten Rupert.
你为什么要留下我一个人
Why did you want to be alone with me?
我想你很了解
I think you know very well.
我了解什么
What do I know?
或者说 你想了解什么
Or rather, what is it that you want to know?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章牧羊女大冒险
下一篇文章骄傲
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!