一起跳一支舞怎么样 乖女儿?
How about a dance with my beautiful daughter?

Aw…
小汉克?
Hank Jr.?
来这
Come here.
来这
Come here.
很好
Good.
喔吼 喔吼
Whoo-hoo! Whoo-hoo!
我们今天在这儿庆祝生日
We’re here tonight to celebrate a birthday.
认识这位年轻女士的时候
I’ve known this fine, young lady since…
我还很瘦
since I was Slim.
玛莎,汉克想说:你是一个好妻子
Martha, Hank says you’re a fine wife.
这是事实,你是最好的
That’s the truth, Slim. The best.
我们知道你是一个好母亲,
We know you’re a fine mother,
那是当然 你还是一个真正的朋友
You bet. And you’re a first-class friend.
祝你生日快乐
Happy Birthday.
谢谢 大家好: 祝你生日快乐!
– Thank you. – Happy Birthday!
谢谢你,亲爱的
Thank you, sweetheart.
我的好女儿
That’s my girl.
谢谢
Thank you.
♪ This isn’t just a story ♪
♪ Or a tale, as it may seem ♪
♪ It’s all about my brown-eyed gal… ♪
谢谢
Thank you
-谢谢 -亲爱的 我爱你 玛莎
Thank you, honey. I love you, Martha.
我知道
I know.
♪ If you could only see her ♪
♪ I am sure that you’ll agree ♪
♪ That she will be the only girl ♪
♪ For you as well as me ♪
♪ She’s my brown-eyed baby ♪
♪ She’s as pretty as can be ♪
♪ Her eyes, they shine like starlight ♪
♪ And they’re just as bright to me ♪
♪ When I look into her eyes, say, I really heave a sigh ♪
♪ Yes, sir, she’s my brown-eyed baby… ♪
嗨,莉薇
Hi, Livy.
你好
Hi.

One…
你好 我带了饮料
Hi. I brought drinks.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
别客气 坐吧
Mm-hmm. Let’s sit.
我们躲过了监督员
We skipped off from our overseer.
弗劳瑞 …
Florie …
我们不该这样说
Although we shouldn’t tell you that.
这是你的土地
This is your land.
我的丈夫的
My husband’s.
他很英俊
He’s handsome.
谁?
Who?
你的丈夫
Your husband.

Oh.
所以,战争开始前
So, um, where were you…
你们住哪?
before the war?
加利福尼亚州
California.
土生土长
Mm-hmm. Born and raised.
我们都在南加州大学
We were both at USC.
学的什么专业?
What were your majors?
我的是英语
Mine was English.
英语
English.
我希望能教文学
I hoped to teach literature someday.
罗斯有一个长♥期♥的规划
Rose is a long-term planner.
她规划往后十年的一切
Everything in her life she plans ten years in advance.
但你没想到现在这样吧,罗斯
You didn’t plan on this, did you, Rose?
来采摘土豆?
Picking potatoes?
至少我有计划
At least I had plans.
我还没想好选什么专业
I hadn’t declared my major yet.
我感兴趣的东西太多了
Too many things interested me.
嗯,嗯太多的男生
Mm-hmm. Too many boys.
我在丹佛读研
I was in graduate school
学习考古学
in Denver, studying archeology.
希望有一天,我能去土耳其
Someday, I wanted to go to Turkey
看到失落的城市以弗所和特洛伊
to see the lost cities of Ephesus and Troy.
真的吗?
Really?
你为什么离开你的研究?
Why did you leave your studies?
我的母亲得了病,
My mother got sick,
而艾比 …
and Abby…
呃,我的姐姐,已经结婚了,
uh, my sister, was already married,
所以,我离开了学校去照顾母亲直到她去世
so I left school to be with her until she died.
节哀
I’m sorry.
然后,
And then,
很快 我又失足
before I knew it, I was… swept off my feet,
沦落到了这里
and now I’m here.
这是如此的浪漫
That’s so romantic.
-孩子什么时候出生? -弗劳瑞
-When are you expecting? -Florie.
-对不起 -不,我还没意识到肚子已经显怀了
-I’m sorry. -No, I didn’t realize it showed.
原谅我们这么八卦…
Forgive us for prying…
你需要孕妇服装吗?
Do you need maternity clothes?
我真的没有想过这个问题呢
I hadn’t really thought about it yet.
好了,我们的父亲是一个裁缝
Well, our father’s a tailor.
我们全家都会裁缝
We all sew in the family.
选择面料,我们会给你做一些衣服
Choose the fabric, and we’ll make you something.
谢谢
Uh-huh. Thank you. Thank you so mu…
别客气 这是我们的荣幸
thank you. You’re welcome. It’s our pleasure.
谢谢 再见
– Thank you. -Bye
哦,风转向了
Ooh, the wind’s turned.
成了北风
Coming out of the north.
我今天结识了两个在农田里工作的女孩
I made friends with two girls from the work crew today.
她们研究蝴蝶,我在想
They study butterflies, and I was thinking
也许我可以带她们偶尔去兜一下风
I could take them for a drive in the mountains sometime.
日本人?
Japanese?
不,他们是美国人
Well, they’re American.
那些看起来像日本人的美国人
Those Americans who look Japanese.
你为珍珠港的事情责怪他们吗,丹尼尔的死?
You blame them for Pearl Harbor, for Daniel?
我没有你想的那么愚蠢
I’m not as stupid as you think.
我知道他们不是轰炸珍珠港的那一帮人
I know they’re not the same people who bombed Pearl Harbor.
他们过去几年来一直帮忙耕种庄稼
They kept our crops going the past couple of years.
我从来没有说过你是愚蠢的
I never said you were stupid.
我从来没有说过我不喜欢他们
And I never said I disliked them.
我只是说,他们日本人,仅此而已
I just said they were Japanese, that’s all.
你和他们保持距离
And you keep your distance.
我有很多事情要忙
Look, I got a lot to do around here.
我需要自己一个人管理运作这个地方
I got to keep this place going pretty much on my own.
我到田里并非为了
I don’t go into the fields to…
应酬
to socialize.
罗斯和弗劳瑞都上过南加州大学
Rose and Florie both went to USC.
你理解不了我能够跟她们谈论
Can’t tell you how good it is to talk about something
除作物和天气以外的事物有多好
other than crops and the weather.
好吧
I bet.
谢谢你,上帝, 赐予我们礼物,
Thank you, Lord, for your gifts,
愿我们时刻铭记你的爱
and may we be ever mindful of your love.
阿门 阿门
– Amen. – Amen.
把土豆端过来点
Pass the taters.
先把你的餐巾放在膝盖上
Put your napkin on your lap first.
你要面包吗,莉薇?
Would you care for a roll, Livy?
谢谢 雷?
Thanks. Ray?
我正在考虑在北边种上大豆
I’m considering beans in the north field.
是吗?
– Are you? – Mm.
大豆的价格只能涨不会跌
Price of beans can’t go anywhere but up.
是啊
Yeah.
好了,你有什么感想?
Well, what do you think?
我一直在想…特洛伊的事
I’ve been thinking about… about Troy.
特洛伊谁?
Troy who?
一个遗失的城市,
City of. The lost one
在土耳其
over there in Turkey.
土耳其?
Turkey?
呃,荷马在伊利亚特中描写了它
Uh, Homer wrote about it in the Iliad.
没有人知道是否真的有过这样的城市,
No one knew if there really had been such a city,
或者,如果特洛伊只是

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!