我刚安装好的
I just put that in.
电♥话♥在哪?
Where’s the telephone?
嗯,在邮局外面有一个电♥话♥亭子,
Well, there’s a phone box in Wilson,
就在威尔逊
outside the post office.
明天我去买♥♥一些你想要的储存在厨房♥里的食物
Tomorrow, I’ll get anything you want to stock the kitchen.
我不太会做饭
I don’t really know how to cook.
我的意思是我可以做, 我只是还没有真正下过厨
I mean I could; I just haven’t really tried.
我做饭还行
I can cook a fair bit.
我姐姐能过来教你
My sister could come over and teach you.
不,不用了,应该没什么难的
No, it’s fine, you know, it shouldn’t be that hard.
我能从图书馆借一本料理书
I can get a book from the library.
这里有图书馆吗?
Is there a library?
哦,是啊,在汉特
Oh, yeah, in La Junta.
坐车要一个小时
That’s an hour away.
是啊,这个
Yeah, about that.
牧师说: 你接受了大量的教育
The Reverend said you’d had lots of schooling.
我是研究生毕业,
I was in graduate school,
学习考古学
studying archeology.
我的大学毕业论文
My college thesis
是海因里希·谢里曼发掘的特洛伊
was Heinrich Schliemann’s excavation of Troy.
他是德国人?
Is he German?
-是 -他是纳粹吗?
Yes. Is he a Nazi?
不,他……他生活在19世纪
No, he… he lived in the 19th century.
哦 我自己… 不用,你坐着
Oh, I can… No, sit.
呃,教堂的普拉特夫人,
Uh, Mrs. Pratt, from church,
她,呃,
she, uh,
她每个星期都会送我一个蛋糕
she makes me a cake nearly every week.
这一个,呃… 是巧克力蛋糕,我想
This one’s, uh… chocolate, I think.

Yes
我帮你切一块好吗?
Can I cut you a slice?
不,谢谢你
No, thank you.
那就放起来吧
We’ll save it, then.
雷…
Ray…

um…
我一直好奇
I was just wondering…
你怎么能同意呢
why you agreed to this.
当牧师来见我
When the reverend come out to see me
并告诉我你的情况…
and told me about your situation…
嗯,我想…
well, I thought…
我想…
I thought…
也许这将会是上帝的旨意
maybe it’d be God’s will.
神的旨意
God’s will.
你想要其它什么吗?
You want anything else?
不,谢谢你
No, thank you.
农民睡得早
Farmers get to bed early.
你什么也不缺吗?
You have everything you need?
是谢谢
Yes. Thank you.
好的
All right.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Good night.

Oh…
早上好
Good morning.

Morning.
不敢相信 我醒得这么晚
I can’t believe I slept so late.
您需要休息
You needed your rest.
富兰克林! 站住
Franklin! No. Hey.
过来 过来
Come here. Come here.
它不会伤害你的
He won’t hurt you.
好孩子
Good boy.
我想今天开车去坎特
I thought I’d drive into La Junta today.
嗯,也许在城镇周围转转
Maybe look around town.
打电♥话♥给家人
Let the family know that I’m here.
我能开你的车吗?
Could I borrow the truck?
哦,呃,甜菜箱不好驾驶
Oh, well, uh, the beet box has a mind of its own.
甜菜箱
The beet box.
我用卡车拉甜菜
I use that truck to haul my beets.

Right.
还是我带你去吧
It’s best if I drive you over.
哦,我…我敢肯定你有 你需要做的事情
Oh, I’m, I’m sure you have things you need to do.
没事 我很高兴这样做
No bother. I’m glad to do it.
只是,呃,让我找一下借书证,
Just, uh, get my library card,
可以去图书馆借一下烹饪书
in case you want to check out some cookbooks.
那是西红柿吗?
Are those tomatoes?
土豆
Potatoes.
有些农田是空的
Some of the fields are empty.
是的
You bet.
为什么呢?
Why?
好了,我们先收割第一经济作物
Well, we harvested the first cash crop.
冬小麦
Winter wheat.
接下来,我们收割甜菜和土豆那些
Next we’ll harvest them beets and those potatoes.
我可以帮忙吗?
May I help?
恐怕不行
I doubt it.
你说得对
You’re right.
干农活 我一窍不通
I… I don’t know anything about farming.
你收拾好房♥子就行了
You got the house to take care of.
你需要零钱吗?
You need any change?
哦,不,我有 谢谢
Uh, no, I have it. Thank you.
我去图书馆
I’ll be in the library.
是要生宝宝了吗?
Are you expecting a little one?
是的,夫人
Yes, ma’am. We are.
多好啊
Well, how wonderful.
是啊,夫人
Yes, ma’am.
你有关于亨利谢里曼的书吗?
Do you have any books about Henry Schliemann?
是S-H或S-C-H?
Is that S-H or S-C-H?
您比我懂
Your guess is better than mine.
他应该是个考古学家
I think he was an archeologist.
如果父亲想惩罚我,
Let me have a look. If father wanted to punish me,
那他干得真漂亮
he’s done a great job.
哦,莉薇,不要哭
Oh, Livy, don’t cry.
哦,亲爱的,他可怕吗?
Oh, hon, is he horrid?
不 不可怕
No. No.
莉薇,如果他亏待你 哪怕一秒钟
Livy, if he mistreats you for even one second,
我会去接你
I’m coming to get you.
艾比,爱德华有消息吗?
Abby, is there any word from Edward?
没有
No.
噢,莉薇,
Oh, Livy,
请记住,这不是永远
remember, this isn’t forever.
我知道
I know.
现在好了,踩着离合器
All right now, the clutch tends to stick.
慢慢地松开
You gotta ease off slow.
这就对了
There you go.
换挡,换挡
Shift, shift.
加一档
Give it a pump.
就是这样
That’s it.
好容易
This is easy.
现在,油量表看着是满的,
Now, the gas gauge says full,
但事实并非如此
but it isn’t.
你要敲一下
You gotta hit it just right,
它才会显示一下真实油量
it’ll tell you the truth for one split second,
然后又会回到满格
then it shoots right back up there to full.
我在哪里敲?
Where do I hit it?
嗯,这里
Uh, right there.
轻轻敲一下
Just give it a pop.
再快点
Quick like.
这就对了
That’s it.
-我们有半油箱 -备用油桶在后面
We have half a tank. The gas can’s in the back, just in case.
哇,看那个
Wow, look at that.
他们是日本人吗?
Are they Japanese?
看路
Watch the road.
他们从难民营来的
They’re from Camp Amache.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!