How’s this? Ooh, I love that.
哦,好
Oh, good.
父亲能做出最好的套装,莉薇
Father makes the finest suits, Livy.
呃……如果你能认识下我们父母就最好了
Uh… it would be wonderful if you could come meet our parents…
能不能请你不要碰触这些布料?
Would you please not handle the fabric?
我打算买♥♥这个
I’m going to buy this.
和这些人吗?
Are you with these people?
是的
Yes, I am.
好吧,如果她们能走开我会非常感激的
Well, if they could get on with their business, management would appreciate it.
♪ They asked me how I knew ♪
我们还需要买♥♥什么吗?
What else do we need here?
♪ My true love was true ♪
♪ I, of course, replied ♪
♪ Something here inside ♪
♪ Cannot be denied. ♪
德国人
Germans.
这些都是德国战俘
Those are German POWs.
我们很快就会做出这套衣服的
We’ll do a fitting soon.

Yes.
再见,莉薇 再见
Bye, Livy. Bye.
谢谢,莉薇
Thank you, Livy.
再见
See you.
噢,我的天!
Oh, my!

Oh.
我开始担心你了都
I was getting worried.
对不起,我回来晚了
Sorry I’m late.
我找到了防空洞
I found the dugout…
玛莎说的那个防空洞
the dugout that Martha was talking about.
你看,箭镞
Look, arrowheads.
莉薇,我不想让你失望,
Livy, I don’t mean to disappoint you,
但我的祖父有一支枪
but my granddaddy owned a gun.
我可以肯定 他从没用过弓和箭
For sure, he didn’t use a bow and arrow.
不,我知道,但我想他或者你的祖母
No, I know that, but he or your grandmother
喜欢收集它们
were interested enough to collect them.
看 一整罐的火石
Look. A whole jar of flints.
你的家人中有一个崭露头角的考古学家
Someone in your family was a budding archeologist.
看这个
Look at this one.
我多么希望父亲能独♥立♥完成这件套装
I so wish father could have done this himself.
他可是专家,
He’s the expert,
但自从搬家以来以来他身体不太好
but he hasn’t been well since the move.
主要是因为他失去了工作
They took his work
还有我们的房♥子
and… and our house.
尽管如此,他说,
Still, he says,
我们必须证明我们的忠诚
we must prove our loyalty.
我们必须向他们展示我们是很好的美国人
We must show them we are good Americans.
他购买♥♥战争债券
He buys war bonds.
弗劳瑞
Florie.
妈妈比他的情况还糟
Mother’s no better, Livy.
她让我们打扫干净房♥子…
She made us clean the house…
别说了
Stop.
我们不得不半价卖♥♥掉房♥子
We had to sell our house for half its worth,
但我的母亲坚持让我们为新房♥主打扫干净
yet my mother insisted we clean it for the new owners.
我们甚至为地板打蜡
We even waxed the floors.
我还是不明白你为什么这么生气
I still don’t understand why you’re so angry about that.
当然,我们希望提供一个干净的房♥子
Of course we wanted to present a clean house.
它是从我们这里被抢走的,罗斯
It was stolen from us, Rose.
你知道为什么营地里男人这么少吗?
You know why there are so few young men at Camp Amache?
为什么呢?
Why?
他们被征兵了
They were drafted.
编进了在法国的第442步兵战斗团
The 442nd Regiment fighting in France.
够了!
Enough!
罗斯就像我的父母
And Rose is like our parents.
总是正确的,总是好的
Always proper, always good.
谢谢,莉薇
Thank you, Livy.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
谢谢
Thank you.
别客气
You’re welcome.
莉薇…
Livy…
我正在恋爱
I’ve met someone.
弗劳瑞!
Florence!
我们在农场认识的
We met on one of the farms…
他负责看守在那里工作的德国战俘
He was guarding the German POWs working there.
他给了我这个
He gave me this.
是他母亲的东西
Oh…It belonged to his mother.
你对他来说一定非常特别
You must be very special to him.
他也是这样说的
He tells me I am.
弗劳瑞,我们该回去了
Florie, we have to get back.
罗斯只是嫉妒我
Rose is just jealous.
嗯,但我想让你见见他
Um, but I want you to meet him.
可以吗?
Will you?
当然可以
Of course I will.
好 谢谢
Good. Thank you.
他叫什么名字?
What’s his name?
沃尔特
Walter.
再见,莉薇
Bye, Livy.
再见
Bye.
再见,罗斯 再见,莉薇
Bye, Rose. Bye, Livy.
谢谢 再见
Thank you. Bye.
你提他干什么?
Why on earth did you bring him up?
不!不!
No! No!
什么?怎么了?
What? What-what’s wrong?
这是我从防空洞挖出来的
My artifacts from the dugout.
你在做什么?
What are you doing?!
我只是在清理棚屋
I was just cleaning out the shed.
那麻布袋子去哪儿了?
Where is the burlap bag?
你把它怎么了?
What did you do with it!
莉薇
Livy.
它在最下面放着了
It was near the bottom of the pile.
没有起火
It hadn’t caught fire.
莉薇,这是一个农场
Livy, this is a working farm.
我会把没有用的东西扔掉
If something doesn’t have a use, I throw it out.
我还以为是垃圾
I thought it was trash.
这不是垃圾,而是历史
It’s not trash. It’s history.
是你家族的历史
It’s your history.
我愿意做任何事情…
I’d do anything…
为了让你高兴我愿意做任何事
I’d do anything to make you happy.
我知道
I know.
都知道
I know that.
亲爱的莉薇,如果你喜欢垃圾,你一定会喜欢地窖
Dear Livy, if you like junk, you’ll like the cellar.
不过要小心,那里有很多灰尘
Be careful. It’s dusty down there.
高一些,不对 等一下,嗯…
Higher, there… Wait, um…
我不知道为什么要把老耕犁放在屋子里
I’m not sure why we’re putting an old ox yoke inside the house.
你爷爷当年可能就是用这块耕犁给这片土地开荒的
It was probably that very yoke your grandfather used to first break this land.
我的背都被他”开”疼了
Yeah, well, it’s about to break my back.
我想告诉你对我来说最重要的家族史
I want to show you the family history
这对我意义重大
that means the most to me.
他把我绕了进去
I let him talk me into a deal.
如果我留下来在农场工作,
If I’d stay behind and work the farm,
他就可以加入海军
he’d join the navy.
在他的整个成长过程中,
Landlocked his whole growing up,
他总是梦想着在海洋游弋
he was always dreaming of the ocean.
我是老大
I was the oldest.
我应该去参战
I should have gone.
请记住,你的电♥话♥铃♥声♥是响三声
Remember, your phone is ring-ring-ring.
来吧,爸爸,让我们去威尔逊!
Come on, Daddy, let’s get to Wilson!
好吧,我们走吧
All right, Let’s go.
响一声是保尔森小姐
If you hear only ring, that’s Miss Paulson.
响两声是Mcgregors
Ring-ring is the McGregors.
响三声就是你的铃♥声♥
Ring-ring-ring, that’s your signal.
响三声
Ring-ring-ring.
你好
Hello.
我们正在打电♥话♥!
We’re talking on the telephone!
嘿,大家好 我是汉克!
Hey, everybody it’s Hank here!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!